All syllogisms have three parts, therefore this is not a syllogism.

tech / rec.photo.digital / Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

<op.1obrlhe5mvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=12221&group=rec.photo.digital#12221

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)
<op.1lmxufq6mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <YKrcK.38810$ep1.30330@fx03.ams1>
<e2db2f9b-dfbd-4053-9183-1010ef25fa2en@googlegroups.com>
<op.1l2vijolmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<d045875c-537b-41bd-bbee-4d6d1bdb66cen@googlegroups.com>
<PsCdneIVj4KIIR__nZ2dnUU7-bvNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<176dnSWQdekhXR__nZ2dnUU7-W_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<abfd5e9f-f3da-4c57-812f-0c6722872530n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1moyd4zmmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<81a60357-05fc-42a9-92b4-0d459e3726bbn@googlegroups.com>
<op.1m0extwpmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<0b4fd22c-7f4c-429d-b59c-0a47868d81cfn@googlegroups.com>
<op.1m4wjnn5mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<3c4cb07b-de48-42dd-893a-a321aab70a7an@googlegroups.com>
<op.1netdem3mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<9ddf5c4c-beac-41c4-b407-e1e8a0eab6f0n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1nufpgvrmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<43e8db46-2f1b-43b8-80d0-93ef0845ddc4n@googlegroups.com>
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 16:21:07 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 15:21 UTC

On Thu, 16 Jun 2022 14:17:28 +0100, Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 16 June 2022 at 07:45:17 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>> > Best to have such things sealed, some nasty chemicals in them too.
>> Best to use petrol.
>
> until it runs out

47 years left.

>> > we have them and they aren't a problem but it depends which type I guess.
>> Yeah some are stupidly sensitive, not sure what the over the top regs are in unis, but in schools they want them to trip faster than in houses, because magically the kids are more sensitive when they're not at home.
> Maybe being smaller kids ahve lower resistance and genallry wetter snd snottier or whatever.
>
>> > We can typically turn on 48 computers all at once. Most are in banks of 12.
>> Try actually plugging them in all at once. As in turning them on together with a power strip or three. The filter caps in the PSUs can trip the earth leakage breakers, because well those caps are supposed to conduct a bit to earth!
>
> Bad design, to save money.

No bad design anywhere. Explain.

>> > I've had a few, it's the only ones the students leave in the lab, they rarley leave anything decent behind.
>> They've probably snapped the conductors inside. Who knows what they get up to when drunk.
>
> Few of our students are drunk, it's not like the olde days of univs.

How old are we talking? When me and my sister were at uni everyone got drunk regularly. I'm 46 and she's 41.

>> > Different usage those capacitors are to support the high current drawn when the bass kicks in.
>>
>> Same idea, it allows a huge current draw for a short time, saving you on an enormous cable. Mind you they probably wouldn't power a starter for long enough to get the engine fired up.

>> > They won't allow us to use petty cash, everything has to have some for of paper or perhaps PDF trail.
>> You need to go to a procurement meeting and point out they're buying from the wrong sources. They tend not to like it when you point out they're receiving back handers from the suppliers.
>
> Well they try to stop it, but when you're boss is the one doing the fiddling.

Then point it out to someone higher up, or the police.

>> > Some people don't or it takes too long .
>> I have loads of free stuff from China which is good enough for what I need, but not what they advertised, so they pay me 100% refund, and the postage costs too much to send it back so they just let me keep it. For example, if you want a 12V 4A supply, buy a 12V 8A supply. A Chinese amp is about two normal amps. You can get 4A out of it, but when you tell them it can't do 8, you get it for free.
>
> Not worth the effort and I doubt that would happen if we bought 50, which was the last large purchases of 5Amp PSU's
> China but from a reputable source.

You buy a couple from 25 different sellers.

>> > we're having problems getting raspberry Pi 4s at the moment.
>> Problems getting them at all, or problems getting them at a reasonable price?
>
> Problems getting them, they filter though 1 per customer from some suppliers.

Then get each member of staff or student to buy one each.

Or use Ebay, I can see 40 people selling those from £60 to £100. And more at a higher price.

>> > Most of the stuff we buy isn't cheaper on ebay anyway.
>> Some stuff is, some stuff isn't. I don't understand some sellers, when you subtract what they must pay for postage and Ebay fees, they end up with 50p. So unless they're stealing the goods, that's not a profit.
>
> could be for currency.

Huh?

>> > He needed a dozen doctors and was injected with large amounts of certain drugs that aren't availble to everyone.
>> But he's a fat fuck.
>
> and that's being polite about him

His policies are wonderful.

>> > Strange he needed so many doctors and drugs to cure him from a fake disease.
>> It doesn't kill fit people.
>
> It can and has .

Not often. And you never know when someone has a hidden defect.

>> How come this guy, who has a heart condition, survived it twice?
>> https://www.patreon.com/krzyszp
>> > Only the weak minded think that.
>> Mind and body are one and the same.
>
> Like stephen hawking you mean .

That's hardly the norm.

>> > https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17149942/anti-vax-kickboxing-champ-frederic-sinistra-dead-covid/
>>
>> Steroids perhaps?
>> > But it's not just the deaths it's the overall effect.
>> The overall effect is stupid governments imposing lockdowns and fucking everything up.
>>
>> > I've notice that I haven't even had a cold of any sort since wearing a mask and hand sanatising.
>> > I usually get at least 3 a year and one thatv I need to take time off from work.
>> I avoided colds very easily. See when you go through a double door? Always use the one the person in front didn't.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD_pWvfDiiE
>
> my office is at about 1:35
>
> and with 600 students in the lab how do you tell which handle a particual students used ?
> and the 100s of leads and equipment in the lab, the knobs buttons etc....

I was thinking more of people going along corridors.

>> Also ice baths prevent colds.
>
> We don't have them in the lab, or on public transport.

You use one at home or in a gym.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

By: David Brooks on Wed, 27 Apr 2022

324David Brooks