Except for 75% of the women, everyone in the whole world wants to have sex. -- Ellyn Mustard

tech / rec.photo.digital / Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

<op.1oflf4y1mvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=12235&group=rec.photo.digital#12235

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)
<op.1lm187kxmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <eXCcK.259712$Xa1.31559@fx10.ams1>
<op.1lo0nlsumvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<b13fbaae-487a-49bd-a418-27a3fab9afb2n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1l21axtvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<7dc85ed4-62d5-4de1-bdca-b991ec575cf7n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1m2enfg0mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<6c7c0ec6-e8a0-4d00-a509-1e370a74843en@googlegroups.com>
<op.1nen35afmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<15b28ae3-a78b-4903-9182-1a5bd600d73an@googlegroups.com>
<op.1nkqc7c1mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<1bea1a7b-c87d-49b9-9ad5-922e83f5a0een@googlegroups.com>
<op.1nspeig0mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<4896c405-27e3-4d4c-8427-441ea30e3a0fn@googlegroups.com>
<op.1n8b07xmmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<8f61f495-7464-43b3-8974-538f7da17287n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1ob0aqjdmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<a1c0e9a5-f986-41d3-9a60-7d2c8eae44b3n@googlegroups.com>
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 17:58:42 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 16:58 UTC

>> > The last one I went to was a couple of weeks ago .
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slvwi-4qkG4
>> > they used one of my videos I took at 1:47
>> What a load of shite, just people yelling and singing without a tune.
>
> I din;t like most of it. arrived about 9pm and left just before 2am. The band I filmed were the last on it that room there were 3 separate areas yuo could wander round. The bands stopped at 11pm and then it was club night.

Looked like Karaoke to me.

>> > Not sure what that means
>> The things you listed are the last thing I enjoy doing.
>
> I can do both but teh clubs are a good place to meet people and catch up with friends.
> I've been going to the gig one since 1988 used to go every saturday until about 2001
> when the council made them have a drink licence before then you could take your own drink in,
> was a cheap night especially as my flatmate worked in the cloakroom so I got free entry most weeks.
> closed at 7:30am sunday morning.

I went to a race where they had drinks and didn't allow your own. We rolled loads of bottles under the edge of the tent earlier on.

>> > a normal photo printer and a 3D printer before then end of the summer.
>> I thought about a 3D printer, but realised I wouldn't use it that much. Just now and then to make a replacement part for something. If I really need that, people on Ebay will do it for you for a tenner.
>
> I feel I need a new toy or two , I can use the one at work but they aren't always available for private jobs.

FFS you work there you should have perks.

>> > Rarely and if I do it's mostly to friends , never found it worth the effort of making a decent post and taking things to the PO.
>> Royal Mail collect for 60p now.
>
> I still have to be home though.

No, you leave it somewhere and note that on the order.

>> > That is annoying I take a day off or have it delivered to work.
>> Yes but if they don't say what day or time.
>
> Most do, if they use a good carrier.
> even B&Q tell yuo whether they'll arrive am or PM then phone/txt 30mins before delivery.
> Amazon I track.

You can't always tell what courier will be used. I bought something from Dabs Direct 20 years ago and they used the now bankrupt Amtrak. They left a card at my house while I was at work, and the number to phone was busy every time I tried. Then I got another card, and another, then they said I had to go to the depot, 30 miles away. I did and couldn't find it. So I told Dabs to use a better courier or I'd change supplier.

>> > Have you thought about a security box and padlock.
>> There is a shed and CCTV. If the idiots won't put it in the shed, I doubt they'd put it in a box.
>> >
>> > I haven't got a doorbell.
>> Chav.
>
> Why do I need a doorbell I can hear them knock.

A knocking noise can be anything. Also consider a postman knocking on 500 doors a day and the state of his knuckles.

>> > I'm waiting for a B&Q delivery now, some decking boards at home.
>> I get that sort of stuff in my car. Came home with several 5 metres joists on the roof once. And another time an entire large flatpacked shed. Probably illegal to do that, it was substantially larger than the car.
>
> I don't have or need a car.

You don't know the freedom you're missing.

>> > That's bad I've not had any problems with amazon but then again don;t have much delivered to home unless it's a large thing.
>> I don't think it's any one courier in particular, it just depends on the driver.
>
> Hermes are pretty bad from what I've heard.

They've got better here since they got new staff. They are the cheapest so they will cut corners.

>> > I do prefer certain styles , I guess everyone does.
>> I prefer the natural style.
>
> Very rare most wear makup, I don;t like tans even natural tans, I don't like the orange look either.

I hate no tan - looks sickly and ill.

>> > I'm not saying I'd kick her out of my kitchen ;-)
>> How about the bedroom?
>
> first things first ;-)

Indeed, can't do that on an empty stomach.

>> > Just not my preferred type.
>> Who is your ideal woman?
>
> I don;t really have one in particular, that's the thing about clubs.

You must have some kind of preference.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

By: David Brooks on Wed, 27 Apr 2022

324David Brooks