It's great to be smart 'cause then you know stuff.

tech / rec.photo.digital / Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

<op.1pkyhldsmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=12549&group=rec.photo.digital#12549

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)
<op.1o0cabb8mvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<a106e4f9-994a-48df-a60a-857bb8969396n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1o5el32fmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<8caa45cf-06ee-4a3e-a641-974e7bb4bc36n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1o7mt3y6mvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<575213b5-675d-496e-a686-e306f79b5e40n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1phdlzi8mvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<867e0f9a-4dca-40aa-b163-e0099a1fb32cn@googlegroups.com>
<op.1pi507hwmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<7b395cef-9327-4197-a710-297a6c996f37n@googlegroups.com>
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 02:01:59 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 01:01 UTC

On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 01:53:32 +0100, Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 02:49:54 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>> > Yes one lane couldn't be used until it was towed away.
>> Ours just drives about, he doesn't park.
>
> He must park to load and off load,

There should be adequate space for parking for commercial vehicles, or the streets aren't fit for purpose.

> and then there's traffic lights .

You can't get him into trouble for stopping at lights? WTF?

>> > OK when you know it's dangerous that's what warning labels are for.
>> No that's what common sense is for.
>
> Common sense would mean you should be able to adjust the shower head without risking electrocution.

It says in the instructions not to put your head closer than 2 feet from it.

>> > Yes that was the old way of testing gold now they use fancy spectral analyses and can tell exactly what something is made from.
>> You mean you aren't meant to bite it?
>
> Can do but it's not a good test especially with silver .

Or if you have gold fillings.

>> > I'll stick with simulators :-)
>> Oh come on. I've done it twice. My friend broke her ankle one time, and I got my lines tangled up one time. No big deal.
> Unless you crash .

She did, into a rock in the middle of a field. AFTER landing. The chute took off again due to her clumsiness and she went flying backwards. It was funny for me to watch from above.

>> > Well if it tastes OK but I;ve tried others home brew even the local pub and that's quite rough hardly worth drinking.
>> I just brew ethanol. I add the flavouring afterwards. You can brew it by feeding it apples, whatever, I just feed it sugar. And you don't need expensive brewing sugar either. Tate and Lyle from Tesco works fine.
>
> Can't be bothered , I don;t really drink much now anyway I also perfer to decide what I feel like drinking
> sometimes ale sometimes lager sometimes I just have a few spirits.

But you're called Whisky Dave. You mean you've abandoned the drink? WTF?

>> > No idea but IO don;t buy coffees from shops as some do everyday on their way to work,
>> > so I guess I spend up to about £50 a month via online tickets.
>> > Depends how I feel and how much I've spent, so don;t really miss the money.
>> What a waste.
>
> I won £65 on the 17th july, my highest ever :-)
> Be nice to win a few million then I can buy my own brewery

The chances of that are 1 in a few million. So er.... buy a few million tickets and oh wait.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

By: David Brooks on Wed, 27 Apr 2022

324David Brooks