Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 18:18:22 -0700 (PDT)
<op.1oo8z2ggmvhs6z@ryzen.home> <7d34db4b-ef66-43bf-9305-e5cefb0f43b0n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1ov1vmu1mvhs6z@ryzen.home> <e26ceada-7006-4891-afea-9bac5b794616n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1oylqzl5mvhs6z@ryzen.home> <3f08ecd3-fbd4-45a3-946f-8f0614508251n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1o0cabb8mvhs6z@ryzen.home> <a106e4f9-994a-48df-a60a-857bb8969396n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1o5el32fmvhs6z@ryzen.home> <8caa45cf-06ee-4a3e-a641-974e7bb4bc36n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1o7mt3y6mvhs6z@ryzen.home> <575213b5-675d-496e-a686-e306f79b5e40n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1phdlzi8mvhs6z@ryzen.home> <867e0f9a-4dca-40aa-b163-e0099a1fb32cn@googlegroups.com>
<op.1pi507hwmvhs6z@ryzen.home> <7b395cef-9327-4197-a710-297a6c996f37n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1pkyhldsmvhs6z@ryzen.home> <7334cc5f-bd7d-4824-b3f2-fd1dbf1aa4e7n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1pk2y1wkmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
Subject: Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 01:18 UTC

On Wednesday, 20 July 2022 at 03:38:59 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 03:08:41 +0100, Whisky-dave <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> There should be adequate space for parking for commercial vehicles, or the streets aren't fit for purpose.
> >
> > Who gives a shit , are you now claiming that rules need to be followed.
> No, nobody should be restricted from parking anywhere, but the streets should be big enough.

Bit difficult in London.

Where I park in the town centre blocks a bus, I find it amusing watching him try not to scratch my car, or more likely his bus.
> >> You can't get him into trouble for stopping at lights? WTF?
> >
> > No but if he can;t get his vehicle moving because it's overloaded then you can.
> Just how much weight would it take to stop a vehicle moving? The tyres would burst before that weight.

No idea but when I saw it leave it didnt look right one side was much lower than the other and black smoke came out of the exhaust and it made some strange noises.

> >> It says in the instructions not to put your head closer than 2 feet from it.
> >
> > So how to you adjust it ? most showers I;ve seen you can adjust the head even remove it so yuo can direct it where you want.
> No, this is a simple five quid thing. You leave it above your head, like the fixed ones you get in changing rooms.

Do they really have those shit ones in changing rooms.

> >> Or if you have gold fillings.

> >> She did, into a rock in the middle of a field. AFTER landing. The chute took off again due to her clumsiness and she went flying backwards. It was funny for me to watch from above.
> >
> > So who paid for the damage ?
> What damage? She busted a few cabbages in the field, we didn't tell the farmer.

Guess yuo were lucky to have a field to land in.

> >> But you're called Whisky Dave. You mean you've abandoned the drink? WTF?
> >
> > Well it was the way people ID'd me in the club a nickname but when they got a bar friends said hi whisky dave I said yeah cheers but no ice thanks.. They sort of stopped using that name in pubs and clubs and reverted to just dave.
> There must have been a reason for that name.

Yes, I was in a club and my flatmates friends who was a stripper came and sat on my lap chatting to me
she said she knew loads of daves there's smelly dave, DJ dave, arsehole dave and she mentioned a few other daves,
I just took a swig from my bottle of whisky and she said I'll call you whisky dave and that sort of stuck as her friends started calling me whisky dave, and I used that when I started my on-line club blog around 1996.
For years I went to the club with 1/2 bottle of whisky in one pocket and my cocktail in another pocket. (1988-2000)
People always offered drinks to each other most had wine or beers and we used to swap swigs.
My flatmate called me cocktail dave as was mixing a cocktail for the night before I left for the club and used to ask her to try it.
Most of my friends called me Dr. Dave (or just dave outside of clubs) as I used to fix their computers and help them with computer stuff back in the early 90s, I used Norton disc doctor for macs to repair disc problems .
A few from those days still call me dr. Dave, those that don;t go to clubs.

> >> The chances of that are 1 in a few million. So er.... buy a few million tickets and oh wait.
> >
> > People have won large amounts I don;t expect to but then again I don;t expect to be hit by lightning either,
> Exactly, no point in trying to do what will never happen.

It happens to some.

> > 360 people became millionaires via the lottery in 2021.
> Out of 65 million.

Not sure where you get that from ,67 million in the UK and loads of them are kids not old enough to buy tickets, and like you not everyone buys tickets.

> > I think there's more chance of me winning a million than you dating Miley Cyrus but nothing wrong with having a fantasy is there.
> I don't buy Miley Cyrus tickets on the off chance she'll fuck me.

Do you go to the sorts of places she goes, well I go to clubs where I meet girls of my preference(s) , that's where I've met most of my girlfriends, and friends for that matter.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

By: David Brooks on Wed, 27 Apr 2022

324David Brooks