REST: P: Linus Torvalds S: Buried alive in email -- from /usr/src/linux/MAINTAINERS

tech / rec.photo.digital / Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

<op.1pxhk0lcmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=12611&group=rec.photo.digital#12611

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)
<op.1pi507hwmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<7b395cef-9327-4197-a710-297a6c996f37n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1pkyhldsmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<7334cc5f-bd7d-4824-b3f2-fd1dbf1aa4e7n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1pk2y1wkmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<8cbb65eb-b0a3-490b-8af7-d75b16af5effn@googlegroups.com>
<op.1poqwxz2mvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<76ac85ba-3aff-4d57-8298-0c0b480b088fn@googlegroups.com>
<op.1pqc772amvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<a7162540-5c92-43ec-8a44-2567723c467bn@googlegroups.com>
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 20:25:38 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 19:25 UTC

On Mon, 25 Jul 2022 14:09:41 +0100, Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Isn't that a bit health and softly surely if you land in front of a lorry doing 60 it's you fault
>> > for not steering the chut properly.
>> I agree. But chutes cost money and most people do it for a laugh once and aren't that good at steering,
>
> So charge them for it, they fuck the chute up they pay for it.

Agreed.

> so the number of ripped chutes would be high. Even if you miss the lorry, the chute is often dragged behind you as you land, and tarmac isn't kind to chute fabric.
>
> Where's the problem ?

There isn't actually, as you said, simply charge a deposit at the start which you get back if your chute is still usable.

>> However my instructor said I was the only person she'd ever seen to jump out of the plane completely fearless. I also landed right next to her in precisely the correct position. The other guys were 100 yards away at least. She was fucking gorgeous and got drunk on site every night (they slept their in caravans). Unfortunately one of the other guys in my group was a 17 year old cute boy so he got laid and I didn't. She kept pinching his arse when showing us how to to do the correct jumping position in practice.

>> > thought is a dangeous thing .
>> > One thing I always stae to peoloe that try to get me into a drinking compition is that
>> > I regard drinking as an art NOT a sport I don't do sport.
>> > An amateur piss artist perhaps.
>> I just do it to make me feel happy and to INCREASE my concentration. Ethanol, like glucose, is a fuel.
>
> flies use shit for fuel,

Alcohol tastes better than shit. Although a colleague once asked if I was drinking piss at lunchtime, I said "no it's applejuice", it was actually cider. Alcohol at work probably wasn't allowed!

> I tried a bit of meths once it was horrible nearly as bad as green chartreuse

Can you still see?

>> > I'm less than a few people
>> But chances are it'll be one of the other several million.
>
> Only for the jackpot , a friend won just under £1k once, I won another £4.40 on friday.

Obviously most people lose money, since there's the profits of the company and the "charities" they donate to.

>> I wish I had a time machine or could see a few days into the future. First thing I'd do is win several lotteries. Or maybe mix things up a little bit to avoid detection, bit of stocks and shares too, horse racing, etc.
>
> For me that's proof that time travel can't be done.

No it isn't. Probably just not invented yet. Why travel back all the way to now when the lottery winnings are smaller?

>> > https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/woman-lottery-win-first-ticket-18th-birthday-teenager-canada-charlie-lagarde-quebec-a8277391.html
>>
>> Why does the big cheque she's holding say $1K when she won a million?
>
> a 1000$, thousand (par semani $)
>
> It's foreign

So did she win a million US dollars or a million of her own worthless currency?

>> Why wait till you're 18? My friends were buying them at 14. And cigarettes. I never saw the point in tobacco, marijuana is much better.
> Maybe because you need someone to buy them for you I won a £5 on the horses when I was about £ my gran put 50p on the4 national lottery for me.

When I was 13, my friend smoked heavily (also 13). We walked to the local shop before school and he just walked in and bought them, no questions asked.

When I was 18 I bought tonnes of alcohol for my friend (16)'s little brother (14). He got pissed, made a council house girl pregnant, then left the country.

>> > But this july someone won £184 million just think if he hadn;t bought a ticket.
>> > He had the choice to buy a cup of coffee or a beer instead.
>> > That's how I see things.
>> > I wouldn't advise anyone to spend there last few quid on a ticket
>> You're an idiot. So one person wind, but millions throw away money.
>
> Millions piss money up the wall every week.
> Millions subscribe to netflix, disney, + otheres. to watch more crap TV , millions vote for strictly
> Millions pay a fortune to go to a football match and watch their team win lose or draw
> when they could be watching it on TV.

And you've just joined them.

As for the TV, piratebay is free.

>> > No, I'd hate to have to lay in the wet patch ;-)
>> But the girl looks way sexier with rock hard nipples.
>
> I quite like them dressed in PVC or latex , not so keen on leather.

I don't like plastic, it's too artificial. Skimpy denim is better.
https://www.gotceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/photos/ariel-winter/heading-to-a-salon-in-west-hollywood/Ariel-Winter-in-Skimpy-Denim-Shorts--18.jpg

> Perhaps I should have gone to TG's last friday .

What is TG's?

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

By: David Brooks on Wed, 27 Apr 2022

324David Brooks