Real programs don't eat cache.

tech / rec.photo.digital / Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

<op.1sfddzdlmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=12852&group=rec.photo.digital#12852

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)
<op.1qo7hq2amvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<8359b508-c022-4525-b6c4-71e2fde95d57n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1qs9ppgbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<50719c18-f7ba-41cb-a648-1195a30b7d8cn@googlegroups.com>
<op.1qyr7si8mvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<67ce4a53-d319-4c20-b2bd-8bf8021dbc1en@googlegroups.com>
<op.1roymarqmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<ef719d1b-18d9-4609-9bc2-695f30cd5418n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1r1tv9qlmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<2aff023b-3a40-4b5b-ad52-26fa19d606den@googlegroups.com>
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 09:19:01 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 08:19 UTC

On Tue, 06 Sep 2022 13:28:38 +0100, Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 6 September 2022 at 01:49:19 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>> > I prefer the real thing rather than this simulation stuff ;-)
>>
>> Master or slave?
>
> Both as a master I tell her what to cook me for breakfast and as a slave I have to eat it :-)

ROFL!

>> > Animals run with bare feet , some have evolved into hooves , while others have differing toes and some have fingers others have paws.
>> > But as yet we haven't eveloved foot that run well on concrete or tarmac, some have webbing between their toes I assume you don;t.
>> > . Of course there are even more modern things such as glass , metal even plastic (lego bricks) that are very painful if trodden on.
>> > We even put shoes on horses .
>>
>> Bullshit. I and many other people can walk over broken glass without getting cut,
>
> Only if you know it is there.

Why would you need to know?

> >and have no problem at all with running on tarmac for miles.
>
> Even when it;s melting in the heat .

Yes.

>> Your feet very quickly thicken the skin. As does any part of you, people who write a lot get thick skin on one side of one of their fingers where the pen rubs it.
>
> Yes humans can adapt to the enviroment they are in but it takes time.

Not long.

> If it were natural to walk on glass or tarmac we'd all be born with thick skin on our feet, but we aren't.
> Poeple that work harfd with their hands build up calaces and hard skin over time.

If your child is born barefoot and you never give it shoes, it will thicken it's skin as it begins to walk. In fact three of my friends when i was a kid walked around naked outside most of the time. Guess what, never cut their feet, never got sunburnt.

>> > Go up to around 38C in london a couple of weeks ago.
>> > I thought you'd be running in direct sunlight .
>>
>> The pouch is black so the sunlight doesn't get through.
>
> So it heats up black absorbs the visable wavelenghs and turns it into heat.

There isn't actually much difference between the colours for that. Otherwise they'd have to make central heating radiators black.

>> And quite often the sun is on the other side of me, so my body shields the chocolate. Most races aren't in a straight line.
>
> So you can never be sure where the sun might hit you.

But it won't be more than 50% of the time.

>> > Legistate, or how they decide what is fair and what isn't such as amphetamine sulphate or even marijuana
>>
>> The easiest thing would be to let anyone take what they like, after all it's their own bodies they're harming.
>
> Perhaps it;s worth protecting people from their own stupidity.

No it isn't, that's why the world is overpopulated with morons.

>> > Only after it's burnt
>>
>> No, you only get burnt if you suddenly increase the sun amount before your skin is used to it.
>
> Wgich is what happens over time usually generations, have you never wonderered why nigerains are very black but scandinavians are very pail.

A deep tan can happen in a month, that's you protected.

>> > and if doesn't really affect the amount of UV especaily UV B
>>
>> It most certainly does, that's the whole purpose of a tan.
>
> No it doesn't UVA & B work ddifferntly on the skin anyway.
> Even black peolpe get skin cancer from the sun.

What a load of media hyped bollocks.

On that topic.... perineum sunning!

>> > Doesn;t seem to be a naturla thing to do if I needed to do things on water I'd be like jesus or
>> > I'd have webbede feet.
>>
>> It's fun though.
>
> Maybe that's why it;'s general the less inteligent that wear less cloths to busy fantasing over other peolpes bodies
> to get anything done.
> Maybe that's why there's not many inventions or even art from countries were they tend to not wear many clothes .
> Ypu must know the theory of getting an infinite number of monkeys to type eventually you'd get a shakesparian phrase.
> well they tried it with a lot of moneys but all that happend was the typwriter got covered in spunk.

Which do you prefer, fun or intelligence? Let someone else do the maths.

>> > Who's ashamed, are you ashamed to take a dump outside the local pub ?
>>
>> That causes a stench.
>
> Why do you care the wind takes it away .

Not if nearby someone else is doing it too.

>> > I guess so btu I wouldn't want to spend much of my time doing it.
>>
>> Yeah you get a worse race time if you hang around letting the woman ogle you.

>> > Yep and then learn how to do it better, and there's sports science which we do here.
>> > Also watching a video of yourself so you can see how to improve.
>> > Even animals learn from watching .
>>
>> I admit you are correct.
>> >
>> > Not much to it then.
>>
>> No, very simple. Easier than Call of Duty. You only have 5 things to do. Pull left, pull right, open emergency chute, discard original chute, kick legs for untangling.
>
> I perhaps can understand the thrill of it but I could get the same from call of duty.
> Haven;t played that but have played some games on-line andn it is fun.

You don't get the physical feeling of adrenaline from a computer game.

>> > Most animals have some sort of hierarchie and the more inteligent don't put the dumbest
>> > as their leaders unlike humans.
>>
>> We don't need leaders, we can all look after ourselves.
>
> Most can't you needed someone to fold your chute and someone to pilot the plane.

And i paid them to do so. Nobody should ever do things without our asking.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

By: David Brooks on Wed, 27 Apr 2022

324David Brooks