From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,sci.math,alt.philosophy,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Subject: Re: There exists a G such that G is logically equivalent to its own
unprovability in F
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 15:39:24 -0500
<LaG0M.2373988$9sn9.1879402@fx17.iad> <u1ve0g$33d5i$1@dont-email.me>
<GTH0M.348998$ZhSc.323272@fx38.iad> <u1vkvc$34cdg$1@dont-email.me>
<3nP0M.2331969$iU59.103683@fx14.iad> <u20qtr$3a7un$1@dont-email.me>
<3kS0M.292424$wfQc.287214@fx43.iad> <u20s3u$3acrj$2@dont-email.me>
<PBS0M.457336$Olad.253855@fx35.iad> <u20v3h$3av41$1@dont-email.me>
<qHT0M.457337$Olad.38915@fx35.iad> <u211tm$3bd49$1@dont-email.me>
<k2U0M.1416309$t5W7.388553@fx13.iad> <u212uj$3ben8$1@dont-email.me>
<u213k8$3bgl2$1@dont-email.me> <u214j1$3bt1m$1@dont-email.me>
<qiV0M.2389668$9sn9.1106409@fx17.iad> <u21bg6$3d4tt$1@dont-email.me>
<vnW0M.507979$Ldj8.152638@fx47.iad> <u21crv$3da13$1@dont-email.me>
<JOW0M.508208$Ldj8.62327@fx47.iad> <u21e0q$3da13$2@dont-email.me>
<v1X0M.522231$5S78.189507@fx48.iad> <u21eg3$3da13$3@dont-email.me>
<m7X0M.508393$Ldj8.291008@fx47.iad> <u21f0g$3da13$4@dont-email.me>
<5fX0M.508418$Ldj8.354905@fx47.iad>
 by: olcott - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 20:39 UTC

On 4/22/2023 3:14 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Nope, how did you prove that no such G exists? You claims that row 4
>>> can't be satisfied? it doesn't need to ever be used.
>>
>> Try and prove that with a source, in the mean time I will tentatively
>> assume that you are wrong. I proved that I am correct with the above
>> truth table yet this assumes: p ↔ q means ((p → q) ∧ (q → p))
>>

> WRONG, YOU are making the claim, so YOU need to prove it.

I may have been mistaken when I thought that more than one row of the
truth table needed to be satisfied. Furthermore in retrospect this looks
like a dumb mistake that I did not notice as a dumb mistake until I
looked at the truth table for ∧. So we are back to row one.

∃G ∈ F (G ↔ (F ⊬ G))
If the RHS is satisfied then this means that there are no inference
steps in F that derive G, thus G cannot be shown to be true in F.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o There exists a G such that G is logically equivalent to its own

By: olcott on Sat, 22 Apr 2023

41olcott