"jackpot: you may have an unnecessary change record" -- message from "diff"

tech / sci.math / Re: There exists a G such that G is logically equivalent to its own unprovability in F

Re: There exists a G such that G is logically equivalent to its own unprovability in F

<ZFY0M.2284070$iS99.653202@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=132863&group=sci.math#132863

Subject: Re: There exists a G such that G is logically equivalent to its own
unprovability in F
Newsgroups: sci.logic,sci.math,alt.philosophy,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
<u20s3u$3acrj$2@dont-email.me> <PBS0M.457336$Olad.253855@fx35.iad>
<u20v3h$3av41$1@dont-email.me> <qHT0M.457337$Olad.38915@fx35.iad>
<u211tm$3bd49$1@dont-email.me> <k2U0M.1416309$t5W7.388553@fx13.iad>
<u212uj$3ben8$1@dont-email.me> <u213k8$3bgl2$1@dont-email.me>
<u214j1$3bt1m$1@dont-email.me> <qiV0M.2389668$9sn9.1106409@fx17.iad>
<u21bg6$3d4tt$1@dont-email.me> <vnW0M.507979$Ldj8.152638@fx47.iad>
<u21crv$3da13$1@dont-email.me> <JOW0M.508208$Ldj8.62327@fx47.iad>
<u21e0q$3da13$2@dont-email.me> <v1X0M.522231$5S78.189507@fx48.iad>
<u21eg3$3da13$3@dont-email.me> <m7X0M.508393$Ldj8.291008@fx47.iad>
<u21f0g$3da13$4@dont-email.me> <5fX0M.508418$Ldj8.354905@fx47.iad>
<u21glu$3e09h$1@dont-email.me> <XFX0M.508727$Ldj8.344331@fx47.iad>
<u21h47$3e09h$2@dont-email.me> <IZX0M.509024$Ldj8.415865@fx47.iad>
<u21ift$3e7ii$2@dont-email.me> <riY0M.509417$Ldj8.480188@fx47.iad>
<u21jsa$3egr8$1@dont-email.me>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 17:51:53 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 21:51 UTC

On 4/22/23 5:34 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 4/22/2023 4:26 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> If G cannot be satisfied in F then G is not true in F.
>>>

>> Who says G can not be satisified in F?
>>

> To derive G in F requires a set of inference steps in F that proves that
> these same inference steps do not exist in F.

So, you don't know what satisified means a guess, since it has nothing
to do with "deriving". Deriving tend to refer to PROOFS, not Truth.

Note too, Truth can come from in infinite set of steps in the system, so
might not be actually knowable with just the system.

You clearly don't understand how the Meta-System can let us know more
about the system then we can learn just from the system itself.

You are just proving your ignorance.

>> In fact, Godel's G has no model variables in it that need to be
>> satisfied. G is just UNCONDITIONALLY TRUE in all the models of F.
>>
>> I don't think you actually understand what you are talking about.
>>
>> That just shows how ignorant you are.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o There exists a G such that G is logically equivalent to its own

By: olcott on Sat, 22 Apr 2023

41olcott