From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,alt.philosophy,sci.math,comp.ai.philosophy
Subject: Re: A proof of G in F
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 23:00:36 -0500
<V_H_L.2050524$iU59.978008@fx14.iad> <u1fisj$28bu7$1@dont-email.me>
<whI_L.324473$ZnFc.190217@fx41.iad> <u1fkpb$2cbmk$1@dont-email.me>
<r%I_L.2101224$9sn9.1750583@fx17.iad> <u1fmkc$2cjsh$1@dont-email.me>
<LjJ_L.1990541$iS99.1001191@fx16.iad> <u1fo1t$2cptd$1@dont-email.me>
<dOQ_L.2066544$iU59.687231@fx14.iad> <u21icl$3e7ii$1@dont-email.me>
<PiY0M.509418$Ldj8.142067@fx47.iad> <u21k1e$3egr8$2@dont-email.me>
<qIY0M.2285306$iS99.1533651@fx16.iad> <u21m16$3esj0$1@dont-email.me>
<L6Z0M.1515621$gGD7.1506479@fx11.iad> <u21o92$3f7c4$1@dont-email.me>
<3YZ0M.2713815$GNG9.35373@fx18.iad> <u2670e$d369$1@dont-email.me>
<8nE1M.2339144$iS99.120313@fx16.iad> <u27je0$nf2q$1@dont-email.me>
<IdP1M.340438$rKDc.99811@fx34.iad> <u2af3k$195v2$1@dont-email.me>
<bu82M.482337$cKvc.28642@fx42.iad> <u2cndj$1o81a$2@dont-email.me>
<ZSs2M.348583$jiuc.128080@fx44.iad> <u2f6d4$24vro$2@dont-email.me>
<wnG2M.2788220$vBI8.1897298@fx15.iad>
 by: olcott - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 04:00 UTC

On 4/27/2023 9:41 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 4/27/23 9:09 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> So, you don't understnad what you are reading.
>>>
>>> FALSE itself isn't proving anything.
>>>

>> 'from falsehood, anything [follows]'
>> Is not saying that a FALSE antecedent implies any consequent.
>>

> That is EXACTLY what it is saying. That a false premise can be said to
> imply any consequent, since that implication only holds if the premise
> is actually true.
>
> You are just not understanding what the words actually mean, because you
> are ignorant by choice.

https://proofwiki.org/wiki/Rule_of_Explosion
Sequent Form ⊥ ⊢ ϕ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_logic_symbols
⊥ falsum, ⊢ proves ϕ this logic sentence

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: A proof of G in F

By: olcott on Sun, 26 Mar 2023

83olcott