From: mario.pe...@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Re: Fresh water near coast
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 10:22:39 +0200
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 08:22 UTC

On 23.4.2022. 5:03, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 8:48:56 PM UTC-4, Mario Petrinovic wrote:

>>> And regarding Ouranopithecus, it is *very* similar to
>>> Graecopithecus, which is in our ancestral line:
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_evolution_fossils#Late_Miocene_(7.2%E2%80%935.5_million_years_old)
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graecopithecus#Re-examination_and_reinterpretation
>>>

>>> As far as I know, Ouranopithecus lived in the same ecological
>>> niche as Graecopithecus, this niche is different than ape niche, and,
>>> out of all apes, liveable only for humans. This is niche of
>>> "impoverished" ecology, completely unsuitable for other apes, which need
>>> very rich ecology. It isn't strange that it is *very* similar to
>>> Graecopithecus, although placed in separate taxon. The placement in
>>> separate taxon doesn't exclude similarity. Plus, it is placed in
>>> separate taxon only after the emergence of Trachilos footprints. So,
>>> there was a strong pressure to place it in different taxon, since
>>> Trachilos footprints undoubtedly place Graecopithecus into our taxon
>>> (which means, after Homo-chimp split), and if Ouranopithecus is the same
>>> as Gaecopithecus, then Homo-chimp split would be much earlier than the
>>> popular genetic clock suggests, so, the separation of Graecopithecus
>>> from Ouranopithecus *obviously* was a forced one, one of doubtful
>>> motives (the motive, obviously, was to not place Homo-chimp split too
>>> early, :), which is shameful, just as a lot of things in this science is
>>> also shameful, nothing new).
>> And also, the "impoverished" environment of Ouranopithecus and
>> Graecopithecus was created after "Vallesian crisis", 9.6 mya, by the way
>> of fire, at exactly the same places Graecopithecus and Ouranopithecus
>> were found. And, look at that, humans are the prime users of fire. Now,
>> who would say so?
>> Also, the question is, why then, why 9.6 mya? Why not 150 mya, why not
>> 140 mya, why not 40 mya, why not 35 mya, why not 25 mya, why not 265
>> mya? So, why we have it 9.6 mya? What's wrong with 9.6 mya? Up till then
>> the whole world was forested, so why 9.6 mya? And humans are the prime
>> users of fire, and deforestation was made by the way of fire, and ...,
>> and ...
>> So, the real question here is how no human scientist can make a
>> connection here, this is the *real* question. He doesn't even have to
>> claim that this was because of humans, but, for sure, he has to say that
>> there is a strong possibility that it could be humans. But no, I see no
>> references anywhere, anywhen, by anybody. Not even close to that.
>> So, the actual question is, not what's wrong with 9.6 mya, but what's
>> wrong with those bloody *stupid* humans, who think that they are the
>> smartest things in the Universe.

> [...]

Exactly. It wasn't one geological, or climatic event, that caused
global change, it is the fact that humans started to burn forest, more
and more, not all forest at the same time, but gradually.
For this you need to be bipedal, and you need to be able to use fire.
So both of those happened earlier. So, the split from chimps was much
earlier, and, of course, this split happened in Africa.
So, our ancestors split from chimps in Africa, went to Europe
(northern coast of Africa is less likely, since it isn't a rocky coast),
went all the way to Portugal, along a shore. There (in Portugal) they
met Mediterranean ecology, a pyrophytic ecology, and learnt about the
benefits of fire. Of course, initially the benefits were strictly for
safety reasons. But soon they found out that burning is additional
source of meat. Well, that's good, but we are talking about coastal
species. Then they, very gradually, started to move away from the coast,
burning more and more, burning and eating other species, particularly
other apes, which lived on trees, and which weren't able to easily move
from tree to tree (just like orangutan cannot). But there were other
"burnable" species as well, like piglets (who are living in nests).
So, some of us moved away from the coast, those became
Australopithecuses. Our direct ancestors stayed at the coast, where they
perfected language (coastline living is good for developing language),
until our language became so good that we were able to manufacture
tools. At that time we (Homo) also moved away from coastline, and
replaced Australopithecuses there.
But, even before all this, before the use of fire, before reaching
Portugal, another split happened. This was the split between adducted
big toe, and abducted big toe species. You know, in the beginning we
were rocky coast species, eating shellfish on rocky coast. But, there
are shellfish on shallow coasts, as well. So, some of us ate shellfish
on shallow coast. But, you cannot use cliffs as a safe sleeping place on
those coasts, since there are no cliffs. So, you have to use trees. So,
this is where abducted big toe emerged. So, out of this branch emerged
Oreopithecus and Ardipithecus. Those didn't use fire, since fire use
isn't beneficial if you are living on trees, you burn your own house.

--
https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
human-evolution@googlegroups.com

SubjectRepliesAuthor