Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 01:59:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to Europe
From: burse...@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 08:59 UTC

Come on BKK and John Gabriel, you are both geniuses.
Show us how this series can be derived mathematically:

/* Nilakantha Somayaji Series */
π=3+4(1/(2⋅3⋅4) - 1/(4⋅5⋅6) + 1/(6⋅7⋅8) -+ ..)

Its not that difficult.
Hint: Start with the Leibniz' formula for π/4.

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer schrieb am Montag, 2. Dezember 2019 um 09:23:32 UTC+1:
> The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to Europe and
> how the bible thumping racist Jesuits stole Indian knowledge and claimed
> as their own.
>

> Whish tried to bring it to the attention of his superior officers and
> publish reports on the development of Calculus in India predating Newton
> by centuries. But the amount of racism and arrogance on the part of his
> conceited fellow British were beyond his imagination.

> https://twitter.com/i/moments/921689703056687105
>
> The Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to Europe
>
> Joseph T Noony
>
> @JoeAgneya ·October 21, 2017
> A whole lot, in fact the major deal, of mathematical developments in
> medieval India have been completely blacked out of public knowledge.
> This is an introductory thread of the causes, indications and mechanics
> of the transmission. Read, enjoy, share!
>
> Jesuits, 'soldiers of Christ', aren't your average priests. An order
> founded in 1540, it had great emphasis on scholarship, learning native
> languages and unorthodox approaches to missionary work. Pope Francis is
> a Jesuit, which explains his liberal views
> https://www.economist.com/blogs/newsbook/2013/03/economist-explains-who-are-jesuits-exactly
> …
>

> Naturally, the Jesuits had no qualms about amassing any astronomical &
> mathematical knowledge from the pagan lands they went to proselytize in.
> India was no exception. They were very active in Kerala, where they
> gained access to Yuktibhasa, the seminal manuscript of Calculus.
>

> At that time, Europe was struggling with a calendar problem-Their Julian
> calendar with leaps years had cumulatively lost 8 days by 1200s & kept
> getting worse! Pope Gregory ordered the Jesuits to gather whatever
> knowledge they could from Pagans-They came back with Indian Calculus
>

> But neither Jesuits NOR ANY of the European scholars at that time had
> the mental capacity to understand the ADVANCED calculus. Not Galilio,
> not Copernicus, not Tycho Brahe. They stared stupidly at the Calculus in
> the manuscripts, taking only the astronomy
>

> Even the chief Jesuit mathematician Christopher Clavius who oversaw the
> manuscript gathering & calendar reform was helpless. It is notable that
> he was one of the FIRST Europeans to start using the INDIAN decimal
> point- Probably the only thing he understood from the Yuktibhasa😂
>

> While Clavius took the decimal system from the Pagan texts, others too
> were busy in their appropriations. Tycho Brahe who undoubtedly had
> direct access to Kerala school manuscripts did a blunder deserving a new
> proverb-
>
> "When you copy someone's work, you also copy the blunders"
>

> Tycho Brahe, while studying the Yuktibhasa, stumbled upon the erroneous
> planetary model of Neelakantha Somayaji who believed that all planets
> except earth revolves around the sun, which in turn revolves around the
> earth- the 'Tychonic Model'.
> [...]

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to Europe

By: Mild Shock on Sun, 13 Aug 2023

3Mild Shock