Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 05:08:14 -0700 (PDT)
<df7dac0e-e2bd-48dd-a617-bb9bcd346493n@googlegroups.com> <fedc6071-5b66-418d-9033-bf8a7c971c11n@googlegroups.com>
<t4grcu$13id$1@gioia.aioe.org> <b18ae9aa-cc54-48a7-a580-0401032fca39n@googlegroups.com>
<t4k7mu$9q3$1@gioia.aioe.org> <bcf4e473-2281-4113-9932-c90083686407n@googlegroups.com>
<t4ki6e$1nbk$1@gioia.aioe.org> <a052eed2-bfee-42d1-8fca-ee492136f782n@googlegroups.com>
<3542f29f-0063-469f-b536-6cdbf93a430cn@googlegroups.com> <5743420b-6074-49a4-b64c-036056e6b135n@googlegroups.com>
<5b472293-7b37-44a3-9b2c-f534beee5a96n@googlegroups.com> <8757cb45-ad15-4e06-976d-6092cf64a036n@googlegroups.com>
<0529eaac-ef2d-46cc-b95f-513807a20038n@googlegroups.com> <0ea3493e-0c3e-45b8-99ef-6d0c7fdb4d5fn@googlegroups.com>
<t4vgpm$too$1@gioia.aioe.org> <c649f463-9fe7-459b-9309-7decb6dbd8c6n@googlegroups.com>
<ec08cfaa-7048-4803-899b-7812fcf515cen@googlegroups.com> <68a8feb7-d757-4acb-bbe6-9436e24a463bn@googlegroups.com>
<ffb1ca37-f55b-4360-bc61-9e7dc302f96cn@googlegroups.com> <119de729-3376-474c-bc90-c6306a16059en@googlegroups.com>
<666194b7-3aea-45cc-9610-d3cf088da4can@googlegroups.com> <6266618e-d025-486c-962a-0029e08d1022n@googlegroups.com>
<702c7672-6222-4765-8bb2-cf2bca9ea732n@googlegroups.com> <1dd546a2-d1df-4d95-ba0c-c1d9dd6e0f06n@googlegroups.com>
<a3663d0f-4610-410f-96bc-a9f03a4c02e2n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: It Gets Worse
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Fri, 13 May 2022 12:08 UTC

On Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 11:49:21 PM UTC-4, jfitch wrote:
> Bob, you are starting to hyperventilate a bit. This is a direct cut and paste from your May 5 post:
> "Now at least the sustainer guys contribute to the club when they are towed, 40-60 bucks helps the club with the overall operating expenses."
> How else is one to interpret that statement, but as a threat to revenue? If not that, what did you mean by it? I already said I contribute plenty to the local operations, which charge between $12 and $20 for a motorglider launch which is likely as much or more than the profit from a tow (and discounting the tow plane I bought). So have a good time in jail for 60 days.
>
> I'm having a hard time understanding your motivation for posting this. You come to RAS, not known as the most civil of places, disparaging and insulting a large class of pilots as being unskilled, insecure, not Real Men, Push-the-Button to get out of trouble, can't really fly cross country, etc., etc., statements clearly designed to provoke and inflame. Then when the reception is a little hot, you get your panties in a twist and complain about the temperature. If you don't like the heat, keep your thoughts to yourself, better still get some experience flying cross country in a motorglider so we can have an intelligent conversation about the subject. You are like a blind man trying to critique the Mono Lisa.
> On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 5:28:49 PM UTC-7, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 12:09:22 PM UTC-4, jfitch wrote:
> > > Bob, I made no implications, simply paraphrased what you said directly: that motorgliders were a threat to your revenue. You then go on to complain about the 3 towplanes and engines for them you have had to buy. To the extent that your clientele are motorgliders, they are saving you from that expense and headache. I've asked directly several times, "how much experience do you have in cross country flight in a motorglider?" I've never received an answer, which is an answer in itself. Just tooling around the gliderport for a sightseeing flight doesn't count. It does not force you to make the planning and decisions required of cross country. I'll ask again, expecting no answer: How much experience in a motorglider cross country? How many 300Ks, 500Ks, 1000Ks? Without that, you are forming your opinions on ignorance and faith - which Ambrose Bierce defined as "Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." That pretty well sums up the OP.

> [...]
Mr Fitch, you need to refresh and find where as you stated in the possessive term that the tow revenue was directed toward me. As I have stated, I am not the club, I hold no title with the club, the club is not Bob, as you have implied. Please show me where as you stated that I have said that the loss of the fee was , "A Threat To My Revenue".
Now show me where I made that comment! Do you understand what a possessive noun is?
Ramy, I will await his reply.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o It Gets Worse

By: youngbl...@gmail.com on Fri, 29 Apr 2022