Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 19:17:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: How Long Do you Suppose the USA Will Last under Biden?
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 02:17 UTC

On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 6:46:46 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 9/19/2021 8:06 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> > On 9/19/2021 6:55 PM, John B. wrote:

> >> So, a bloke that "got off his ass" and went out and made
> >> some money
> >> should be taxed at a higher rate then someone who was too
> >> lazy to get
> >> out and get with it?
> >>
> >> Jealousy?
> >
> > Sorry, it's a fallacy that all poor people are lazy. I
> > suspect that those born with a silver spoon in their mouth
> > are on average lazier than those at the edge of the official
> > poverty level.
> >

> I would posit that there are ample examples of both
> character types in both groups. It's hardly a definitive
> standard.

I stated as an electronics technician and worked my way up to department manager. That sure as hell wasn't buying a second yacht. Though I admit, as hard as I worked I never took three buses to get to two jobs. But after I became an engineer it was common for me to work 12 hours a day. Can you imagine Frank working 3 hours a day teaching college?

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o How Long Do you Suppose the USA Will Last under Biden?

By: Tom Kunich on Sun, 12 Sep 2021

676Tom Kunich