From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: How Long Do you Suppose the USA Will Last under Biden?
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 07:33:34 -0500
References: <32208ed4-186c-47ce-84bd-7fa0bf996039n@googlegroups.com> <4f89d3b2-f844-43b5-a50f-f122364b8ab6n@googlegroups.com> <si2d70$jck$2@dont-email.me> <8e62aa9b-47bd-4e68-9e55-0d604957de0bn@googlegroups.com> <si2h4c$kar$1@dont-email.me> <36e503a0-89cf-4f90-bfe2-d252c8bee0e0n@googlegroups.com> <si2nn4$lv7$2@dont-email.me> <f21ef3ba-06d3-4a36-8d44-b592f9f452ean@googlegroups.com> <si33lb$svi$1@dont-email.me> <47262b09-a247-4fb8-a0df-6b0ea879c31cn@googlegroups.com> <si5m9l$9l5$1@dont-email.me> <ea39125f-9314-4cb4-9cf4-03ca3ed6dab3n@googlegroups.com> <10581ddc-f876-4c73-9074-8055bde9e95dn@googlegroups.com> <si7goo$e3p$2@dont-email.me> <16ca7b50-b9cd-40d2-9091-78da36334cbdn@googlegroups.com> <f4353623-485e-479b-92cd-75ab23ae9ba6n@googlegroups.com> <si7oct$ec5$1@dont-email.me> <si80f4$c78$1@dont-email.me> <si835l$7ka$1@dont-email.me> <si8mf8$n1m$1@dont-email.me> <si8p16$3d0$1@dont-email.me> <sia6uh$tq7$1@dont-email.me> <0bdf5b45-3507-45ef-87c2-c481c6ee7399n@googlegroups.com>
 by: AMuzi - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 12:33 UTC

On 9/21/2021 2:33 AM, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 9:47:48 AM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:

>>> Were you commenting on some other country or historic era?
>>>
>>> That's precisely the system we have, and radically so. I have not
>>> advocated anything, just noting that the top 1% of taxpayers earn 21% of
>>> income and pay 39$ of income taxes.
>>>
>>> The top 50% by income pay 97% of income taxes; The lower 50$ pay 3%.
>> Yes, I understand that those with more currently pay more. I'd say the
>> question is, do they pay _enough_ more?
>>
>> The county engineer needs funds to pave local roads. Much of that money
>> comes from gas tax.
>
> NO, NO, NO. The myth, lie, that gasoline taxes pay for roads is just that. False. A widely held and believed lie. Do a Google search on "how are roads paid for". Property taxes and income taxes and taxes on natural resources are often used to pay for roads. Nationwide the links below says its about 40% paid for by gas taxes. Roads are heavily subsidized.
>
> https://uspirg.org/sites/pirg/files/reports/Who%20Pays%20for%20Roads%20vUS.pdf
> https://taxfoundation.org/states-road-funding-2019/

-snip-

+1
as noted here with as much frequency as the false claim.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o How Long Do you Suppose the USA Will Last under Biden?

By: Tom Kunich on Sun, 12 Sep 2021

676Tom Kunich