Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 16:15:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: How Long Do you Suppose the USA Will Last under Biden?
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 23:15 UTC

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 4:05:15 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 9/21/2021 5:52 PM, John B. wrote:

> >> Not unlike my experience (albeit more successful) and I know
> >> a great many men with similar experience. Tropes of 'doomed
> >> lower class peons' are as overrated as English PhDs driving
> >> taxis (of whom I knew two). Humans are a wildly diverse lot,
> >> such that one ought to pause when making broad generalizations.
> >
> > I don't know about the present but when I lived in the States I
> > remember a news report, in California, about the poor, unappreciated
> > U.S.ians who were unemployed and had to live on the government dole,
> > and just couldn't get ahead... while at the same time hordes of
> > Mexican, both those holding valid work permits and illegal workers,
> > were flocking in to harvest the crops.
> >
> During the Rodney King riots in LA, the locals openly
> complained to reporters about the Korean businesses being
> trashed/burned, 'They showed up here with 23c and no speak
> English a few years ago and now they own the whole
> neighborhood.'
>
> Uh, I think that's the whole point isn't it? And good for them.

Sure, as long as they are citizens. And those particular Koreans were.

https://aclj.org/immigration/thousands-of-immigrants-packed-under-tx-bridge-as-bidens-border-crisis-escalates Biden's answer? Ban TV drone flights in the area so that it can't be shown.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o How Long Do you Suppose the USA Will Last under Biden?

By: Tom Kunich on Sun, 12 Sep 2021

676Tom Kunich