Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 01:16:07 -0700 (PDT)
<2bbe811a-7763-40d5-baa3-6aadd9388842n@googlegroups.com> <ruf7lgl0mcd38q38omij8ggn17nqqfdbu3@4ax.com>
<26787fd5-f9fa-4516-b168-ae61fb53efe8n@googlegroups.com> <c81algdsimp9ditr7oq00q2044d0j2uvvk@4ax.com>
<13103838-6375-4959-ade4-ca116e872d5fn@googlegroups.com> <c3f0b1b1-1e72-436f-a225-d804e79442b0n@googlegroups.com>
<sj4mb5$5vo$2@dont-email.me> <663d0501-b993-4163-8b73-cf487d3702fdn@googlegroups.com>
<a2sclg92fpn94ee5m4f35c28mr39nsoijf@4ax.com> <sjd0m7$2o5$1@dont-email.me>
<85937f33-6bd5-48bf-9efc-f664441e5d58n@googlegroups.com> <5e9460db-5ea4-4305-9456-228e970eb423n@googlegroups.com>
<sjf31i$v5e$1@dont-email.me> <7c4fb374-2346-43a3-adcb-6b0813e86f73n@googlegroups.com>
<87o883h59e.fsf@mothra.home> <sjhrs2$la8$1@dont-email.me> <9fa86e5a-20ec-4af6-a314-bea4c00eadd4n@googlegroups.com>
<87bl43qkt8.fsf@mothra.home> <b0316ed1-fab4-418d-bdf0-02cd85919e5an@googlegroups.com>
<87mtnkegyw.fsf@mothra.home> <0ec8ead5-5603-4aca-a5e7-947c2ae68510n@googlegroups.com>
<7fe1c4c8-a751-4417-b641-a3ab0e0898abn@googlegroups.com> <24b7e7ba-eaee-49a2-9795-fe9546161b74n@googlegroups.com>
<464f68c7-fc3a-4e8f-bd14-a20f39f66a44n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: How Long Do you Suppose the USA Will Last under Biden?
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 08:16 UTC

On Friday, October 8, 2021 at 12:28:57 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, October 8, 2021 at 9:28:43 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:

> > > Jay, why the pretense that psychiatry isn't a specialty that one assumes AFTER they've gone through medical school and completed their residency? Or perhaps you aren't aware of that?
> > Dear dope, yes a psychiatrist completes medical school and a residency .. . . in psychiatry. The residency involves giving people like you a lot of Haloperidol and a sunny spot to park their wheelchairs. It does not involve epidemiology, virology or evaluating retrospective cohort studies. There are actual epidemiologists who do that.
> > >
> > > Now the world according to Jay is that Jews are different from real people. Are you now joining John is solid racist beliefs?
> > The world according to actual scientists is that different populations may have different responses to various therapies or pathogens/toxins for a number of reasons. Consider the Japanese smoking paradox: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12889681/ There are many examples.
> Dear Jay, I just told you, these people are MD's and THEN specialize by getting a PhD in psychiatry. Apparently you never looked on the wall of your own psychiatrists office.

Wow Tommy. You never cease to amaze me with the number of things you can be wrong about. Wow. No PhD in psychiatry.
https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/what-is-psychiatry-menu
Psychiatric Training
To become a psychiatrist, a person must complete medical school and take a written examination for a state license to practice medicine, and then complete four years of psychiatry residency. The first year of residency training is typically in a hospital working with patients with a wide range of medical illnesses. The psychiatrist-in-training then spends at least three additional years learning the diagnosis and treatment of mental health, including various forms of psychotherapy and the use of psychiatric medications and other treatments. Training takes place in in-patient, out-patient, and emergency room settings.

After completing residency training, most psychiatrists take a voluntary written and oral examination given by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology to become a "board certified" psychiatrist. They must be re-certified every 10 years.

Some psychiatrists also complete additional specialized training after their four years of general psychiatry training. They may become certified in:

Child and adolescent psychiatry
Geriatric psychiatry
Forensic (legal) psychiatry
Addiction psychiatry
Pain medicine
Psychosomatic (mind and body) medicine
Sleep medicine
Some psychiatrists choose additional training in psychoanalysis or in psychiatric research.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o How Long Do you Suppose the USA Will Last under Biden?

By: Tom Kunich on Sun, 12 Sep 2021

676Tom Kunich