Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 07:31:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: How Long Do you Suppose the USA Will Last under Biden?
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 10 Oct 2021 14:31 UTC

On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 5:29:48 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Oct 2021 12:38:49 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, October 8, 2021 at 5:15:27 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:

> >> cabin after a bomb run. I didn't know that in case we had shrapnel
> >> from the anti-aircraft that might have penetrated a bomb, they left
> >> the bomb doors open to air out the bays and dry the HE which was
> >> liquid. The shelf you had to crawl on was maybe 6" wide and the sides
> >> of the aircraft were circular so that it would tip you out and over he
> >> bomb bays and to move forward you would stick a finger in forward to
> >> where a lateral rib crossed over a for and aft rib. This left a space
> >> about the size of a finger and a half where you could maintain your
> >> balance.

> >> you sure know a lot. You must have learned that entirely by intuition
> >> and not because you had superior enlisted men to teach you. It must
> >> have been wonderful to go from E1 to E7 overnight without the help of
> >> anyone else at any time.

> >> Well Tommy this is a new one. Leaving the bomb doors open until the
> >> B-52 gets to 20,000 ft. And this is to dry the bombs out? Or have you
> >> got some other wild notion this morning?
> >>
> >> And it is rather strange that I was "around" B-52's for 10 years or
> >> more and have seen quite a number take off during that period... and
> >> not a single one had the bomb doors open on take off. In fact I've
> >> never seen a B-52 taxiing on the ground with the bomb doors open.
> >>
> >> And, how strange that the conventional bombs we used during the Korean
> >> escapade didn't require drying out, isn't it. Do you think that the
> >> Air Force developed some special sort of new leaky bombs just so Tommy
> >> could watch them dry?
> >>
> >> Tom, telling a small fib, or exaggeration, might be considered normal
> >> but rambling on and on about things that you, so obviously, know
> >> nothing at all, is ludicrous.
> >
> >John, keep showing everyone here that you think that bombs are made out of gunpowder,
> No, not gun powder. and who should know better then I? After all I've
> cut enough of them up and made bells out of them.

So you made a bell out of something that held HE in it? Aside from the fact that you're a liar - the shell of a bomb isn't heavy steel from which a bell would ring - residue from HE would blow your brains out if you started grinding on it.

Johnny, I will ask you again - what do you think that HE is? I would suggest that if you made bells out of something it was artillery shells which are fragmentation devices and hence very heavy steel. Bombs, at least those we used were not. They were explosive devices made to produce a large pressure wave to destroy the targets which in our case were missile sites.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o How Long Do you Suppose the USA Will Last under Biden?

By: Tom Kunich on Sun, 12 Sep 2021

676Tom Kunich