Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 14:15:13 -0800 (PST)
<g67l0h9ddivrpac01cnvhtsbipjm2siuv0@4ax.com> <f7468789-811a-464d-a1b7-b8421db60f57n@googlegroups.com>
<lv4m0ht130idon1045bbnrtsu47q92hdkt@4ax.com> <ffcef31b-01de-4b0d-958b-3889495facbdn@googlegroups.com>
<sugtbk$nij$1@gioia.aioe.org> <7098c7e6-578c-4c3c-9fe1-0433a33bcb9fn@googlegroups.com>
<7867ffc9-c4df-4174-b07f-b44695074a29n@googlegroups.com> <dadbed1b-8dc6-4f9e-b9d2-32a2a3c78e1fn@googlegroups.com>
<af1701c7-7c2e-4cce-b1dd-fb54e271cddfn@googlegroups.com> <suk683$226$1@dont-email.me>
<sula1j$19uq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <7c14464b-9dc2-48ad-8121-535d59d31d2an@googlegroups.com>
<suljsg$c9j$2@dont-email.me> <55c6a7ce-577e-40a3-ba4b-409edb27568bn@googlegroups.com>
<sum1mh$nk8$1@dont-email.me> <b25f2c24-6c5c-48a5-84cd-46708aef23f2n@googlegroups.com>
<a8e2a2a8-eaa5-401c-b797-2d2684c1f631n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Will the 'Unvaxxed' Have the Last Laugh?
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 22:15 UTC

On Thursday, February 17, 2022 at 7:06:56 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, February 17, 2022 at 10:39:56 AM UTC-8, Lou Holtman wrote:

> > > Call it as you see it but IMHO the Poles and Magyars are
> > > very much aligned to US cultural values. The Lithuanians,
> > > presently under attack, are getting religion, pronto. Not so
> > > much for Germany who has no principles beyond selling cars
> > > in china and buying Russian energy to offset their national
> > > suicide energy policies. Oh, and they're big on selling rope
> > > to the Persians, unaware of who will be hanged. 'EU policy'
> > > is whatever the current Chancellor of All The Germans says
> > > it is.
> > Thanks for that clarification. I was not quite sure.
> Because of the political turmoil here Andrew has been getting a bit upset.. I can forgive him and hope that you can as well. The subject of this group is bicycle.tech after all.

I understand how Andrew feels. After all, he's been paying his taxes like a good citizen for fifty-odd years, only to see president after president spend a good chunk of it on nations who not only were not grateful, but abusive, and pretended they were morally superior while not paying their bills and that the Americans should apologize for being born, which president after president did (well, between Nixon and Trump, anyway).

And, as an aside, Andrew is absolutely right about quislings, though they aren't Norwegians this time but Germans, and he's right about the reasons too. Germany's suicidal energy policy, based on zero science, is the reason that Germany is handing over Western Europe to the Russians, who will be in a position to dictate EU policy through the Germans, simply by threatening that "terrorists" will blow up the gas pipelines. Nobody will be under any illusion that the "terrorists" in question will be serving FSB officers who will receiv their orders from Colonel Vladimir Putin (KGB semi-retired) himself.

But that is merely the last in a line of betrayals of European humanism the German nation (actually nations) have perpetrated.

Andrew and I aren't the first to notice or to mention it. Jacques Barzun (nobody's right-winger, for those clowns on RBT who always want to argue personalities rather than policies) in his most important book, From Dawn to Decadence, proceeds from the safe assumption that the Renaissance was the high point of Western culture, and that the story since then has been downhill. Mark Steyn adds that the decline of a great empire can be a very comfortable period for those who live through it; no era in world history has had it as good as we have. But the problem is the demographics of abortion, and the absence of any desire to breed above the low-low "replacement" rate current in Europe, from which no nation has ever returned, and Merkel's stupid, guilt-ridden attempt to replace the children she and her contemporaries didn't breed with Islamic "refugees" who will kill our culture, and forcing more of these alien immigrants on everyone else, the root cause of Brexit and the revolt against German-made EU policy by Hungary etc.

The Germans in charge of the destruction of our culture don't need tanks. They own the EU, and in parts of the EU it is a criminal offense thoughtcrime to mention that the Germans are the bullies of the EU. Here's an example. The bondholders of a corporation, say a bank, is recompensed for the risk by being permitted to buy the bond at "a coupon rate", which is a discount on the face value. In law the stockholders and bondholders have no right against the bank. If the bank for any reason goes bankrupt, the bondholders have already been paid for the risk they took. When Irish banks crashed (in a property debacle I'd been forecasting for nearly two decades, and about which I'd written that the finance minister in charge should have been castrated so he couldn't breed any morons), the EU minions of Merkel said outright that they wouldn't bail out the Irish banks unless German bondholders were made good for their full purchase price of the bonds. This is a totalitarian undermining of a common economic principle with nothing hugely deleterious results, an absolute rolling clusterfuck that has made it impossible for the dicier European governments to borrow money from the usual sources, leading to ever-greater EU involvement in the financial markets, and government finances, cf Italy for a gross example. I remind you that the EU is a bunch of unelected bureaucrats, of no high quality, with extremely spotty and mostly incompetent oversight, and very often no oversight, wielding immense authority without punishment for errors, totally unaccountable. I'm in absolutely no doubt that neither Jean Monnet nor Konrad Adenauer, the men responsible for the founding of the EU, would have wanted the fascist state the EU has become -- they founded the EU as a barrier against overweening powers after their none too happy experiences of German, Italian and Russian totalitarianism (I don't see much difference between them, certainly no right-left divide).

I doubt we could have done better than Monnet and Adenauer. But the Germans have done so much worse in the decades since, often with the enthusiastic help of the French, that a conspiracy is ruled out only by the knowledge that the EU leaks like a sieve and cannot plot a pissup in a brewery.
Andre Jute
"Sad." -- Donald J Trump, past and future President of the USA

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Will the 'Unvaxxed' Have the Last Laugh?

By: Andre Jute on Mon, 14 Feb 2022

101Andre Jute