Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 14:52:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: It wasn't "Americans" who screwed the United States, Mr Hanson.
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 21:52 UTC

On Monday, October 3, 2022 at 2:34:32 PM UTC-7, Radey Shouman wrote:
> AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> writes:

> >> The water is always moving. Faster descent means less deflection by
> >> current. Think of windage for bullets in air.
> >>

> > Good point.
> > I assume someone skilled and motivated would allow for that right?
>
> It might be pretty hard. Currents can vary a lot with depth, and with
> time and tide. It's a higher dimensional problem than shooting in air,
> where the wind is generally more or less horizontal. Just holding your
> boat on station to within a few feet is not easy, or even possible with
> normal hardware. You would want some kind of fancy thrusters.
>
> Assuming it really was sabotage my guess would be some kind of
> underwater vehicle, perhaps manned, perhaps not.

I would guess remotely piloted since the variables of current and drift were simply too large. It appears that two charges were laid and were detonated in a manner to cause the most damage. This means setting charges at the junctions of the turns in the pipeline and you cannot find those remotely, with high confidence, you have to be able to directly observe the lines.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o It wasn't "Americans" who screwed the United States, Mr Hanson.

By: Andre Jute on Wed, 28 Sep 2022

143Andre Jute