Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 08:49:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: COP-27 Financiers and Merchants Of Death
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 16:49 UTC

On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 12:32:04 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 12:37:33 AM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Nah, all I see among your slow-juvie debating tricks and ad hominem is "if..maybe...otherwise..." conditionals, all based on the proven-false assumption that sustainable energy works. What makes you look especially stupid is that you're assuming that the sustainable energy fallacy is valid within an example where the German government, and other governments who once believed in that foolish dream, have already admitted they fucked up -- and started digging for coal again, and putting up nuclear power stations.
> > > >
> > > Unsigned because I don't like stupid jerk-offs, and Flunky is an especially stupid jerk-off.
> > > >
> > > PS And didn't you tell us you were some kind of tester (at 60! Jesus -- what sort of a management didn't fire you at 35 for failing to advance?) of electrical equipment? If that is right, you're also open to a charge of hypocrisy because any house-wiring electrician can tell you why sustainable power is technically a wet dream for stupid, obsessed people, so you can't even claim ignorance as an excuse unless at the same time you confess to incompetence.
> > > >
> > Green Energy outside of dams breeding hydraulic energy do not exist. This is nothing more than Flunky showing his ignorance again. The return energy from both the wind and solar farms almost never return their energy expended to build and install them. THERE ARE specific cases where they make sense but they are rare and only over very small areas. The pass from LA/Riverside to Pheonix has a fairly constant wind of the correct speed that allows a small profit to be made.
> >
> > Ignorant fools like Krygowski who pretends to have been a mechanical engineer but plainly couldn't design a car jack and Flunky can't even imagine the strain on the pilar of a 270 foot windmill in a 25 knot wind? These things can't even be stopped and they turn them off of the wind. So WHAT in the hell is the load on the pilar in a 45 or 50 knot wind that occurs several times a year in the Altamont Pass which is the California showcase of "green energy". I'd like to take you for a bike ride through this so-called Wind Farm and show you that more than HALF of these windmills are blocked from the wind by the surrounding hills.
> >
> > Solar cells are so inefficient that it is close to impossible to believe that there is EVER any manner in which they could EVER pay their own manufacturing costs. They are paying your electric bills to put solar cells on your roof - gee, they are really a good deal right? The Government actually pays for 90% of their cost and then pays PG&E if you are using solar cells and tell you that these things are paying your bills. Under NO atmosphere in direct sunlight they claim that the VERY best silicon cells make 47% efficiency. Most are chemical cells of less than 20% conversion efficiency.

> [...]
The forces on these windmills is staggering for those that operate. So all of them have to be anchored either with HUGE surface areas of concrete or a buried anchor going down a hundred or so feel. The huge blocks of concrete bleed off immense amounts of CO2 - the very thing they are supposed to prevent.

This certainly doesn't bother me since I've shown the spectroscopy to everyone showing that CO2 has so small an effect on atmospheric heating that it is FAR more than offset by the huge increase in the greening of the planet caused by the additional CO2. Too bad that Flunky was born without a brain.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o COP-27 Financiers and Merchants Of Death

By: Andre Jute on Mon, 21 Nov 2022

30Andre Jute