Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 18:07:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Critical Relativity Theory
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 02:07 UTC

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 3:09:39 PM UTC-8, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> patdolan wrote:
>
> > Critical Theory comes in several flavors: Critical Law Theory, Critical
> > Literature Theory, Critical History Theory, Critical Race Theory. To
> > these we now add Critical Relativity Theory!
> >
> > In the spirit of Derrida we shall deconstruct the clumsy reasoning of
> > special relativity
> LOL.
> > and separate said reasoning from the algebraic symbols and equations
> > that express it,
> Since it is fundamentally based in geometry, namely frames of reference
> which can understood as (moving) coordinate systems, that approach is
> hopeless.
> > keeping in mind that mathematics is just another form of rhetorical
> > expression wherein falsity can be expressed every bit as plausibly
> > as the truth.

> Not true. Natural language is ambiguous and rather loose; it is why
> (despite knowing logic) it is so easy to commit fallacies using natural
> language. Mathematics, in its symbols, terms, and reasoning is (given a
> context) unambiguous and unforgivingly strict.

1^4 = i^4

sqrt[ 1^4 ] = sqrt[ i^4 ]

+/-( 1^2 ) = +/-( i^2 )

+/-( 1 ) = +/-( -1 )

+/- 1 = -/+ 1

> In the words of Richard Feynman:
>
> ‘You might say, “All right, then, there’s no explanation of the law;
> at least tell me what the law is — why not tell me in words instead of
> in the symbols?

I did this. See MUONS, SCHMUONS! at the bottom of my post. Read through it slow, Long Ears. Then take up my challenge if you dare: Prove that relativity provides only one and unique answer for the elapsed time on the lab clock. I can assure the world and posterity that you can't and won't do prove one, unique time.

Mathematics is just a language, and I want to be able
> [...]
>
> t' = γ (t − v/c² x)
> x' = γ (x − v t),
>
> – you can obtain that by solving the equations for the other quantity, not
> just by arbitrary substitution – which for (their) time intervals becomes
>
> Δt' = γ (Δt − v/c² Δx) = γ Δt
> Δx' = γ (Δx − v Δt) = −γ v Δt.
>
> Then the velocity that they assign to the stationary clock is
>
> Δx'/Δt' = −v,
>
> as we would expect.
> > It is true that SR does have a formula for calculating coordinate
> > velocity; just like it has formulas for calculating coordinate space
> > and coordinate time. But the Einstein velocity addition formula ONLY
> > applies to a third object in motion wrt a pair of FoRs.
> But the second FoR is implied when we are talking about a velocity. There
> has to be some frame of reference relative to which we are defining the
> value.
> > If that third object happens to be at rest wrt one of the FoRs then
> > Einsteinian velocity reduces to Galilean velocity,
> Yes, but that is a rather pointless statement because “at rest” means that
> the relative velocity is zero.
>
> It is more useful to realize that as one of the relative speeds *approaches*
> zero the composed velocity *approaches* the Galilean term:
>
> u(v, u') = (v + u')/(1 + v u'/c²)
>
> lim_{v u' → 0} u(v, u') = v + u',
>
> as v u'/c² → 0 then due to the large value of c.
>
> [This equation did not simply fell out of the sky. It is, again, a
> (mathematical) *consequence* of the Lorentz transformation, and Einstein
> derives it in “On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies” (1905). I have
> also derived it here many times.]
> > albeit subject to the speed limit c.
> That is a contradiction in terms.
> > Relativists simply assumed without further justification that if FoR-1
> > measures a velocity v between itself and FoR-2 then FoR-2 must measure
> > the same numerical value v for the velocity between itself and FoR-1.
> No.
> > Einstein’s choice to make velocity strictly Galilean when calculating the
> > velocity between pairs of FoRs ( yes, it is a choice because it does not
> > follow from either the first or the second postulates ) can be expressed
> > mathematically as
> >
> > ∆x’/∆t’ = ∆x/∆t = v (1)
> Wrong, see above.
> > I now raise equation (1) to the level of a postulate and declare it to be
> > the third, and heretofore hidden, postulate of special relativity.
> But you do not understand special relativity correctly (yet).
> Your/an argument/conclusions from your ignorance is a useless fallacy.
>
> > [tl;dr]
>

> PointedEars
> --
> “Nature uses only the longest threads to weave her patterns
> so that each small piece of her fabric reveals the organization
> of the entire tapestry.”
> —Richard Feynman, theoretical physicist, “Messenger Lecture” 1 (1964)

Thomas, I have no interest in debating the algebra with you. You are not appreciating the meta-algebra involved. Nor will you anytime soon. Just address the MUONS, SCHMUONS! challenge. Or go silent. You have always been a second stringer in this forum.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Critical Relativity Theory

By: patdolan on Tue, 16 Nov 2021

186patdolan