/earth: file system full.

tech / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Mac drive letters?

Re: Mac drive letters?

<op.1j6zv52jmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7580&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7580

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Mac drive letters?
<ja0g0fFfq63U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1jhfhzyemvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<ja0h12Fg06hU1@mid.individual.net> <op.1jhghpt1mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<30bf28e7-994c-4638-ad7a-0d3795ed8c17n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1js197nhmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<1cfe4c85-1886-4954-9f79-b1b57850fe51n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1jw4csjymvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<a23550a1-d64e-4c6d-922f-b54990b73765n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1jzcj218mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<c68ade47-910e-4f48-ad1a-b214c33f5532n@googlegroups.com>
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 08:17:55 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 07:17 UTC

On Mon, 04 Apr 2022 16:50:38 +0100, whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, 2 April 2022 at 05:10:44 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>> > It works and lots seem to resonabley happy with it.
>> Not if they paid for it.
>
> Most do.

Some people have more money than sense.

>> A long time ago we used JASC Paintshop Pro instead of Adobe Photoshop.. A third of the price, several times faster, and easier to use. Then Corel bought JASC. Paintshop Pro now takes 30 SECONDS to load on a very fast computer. When I complained, their excuse was Photoshop was the same speed. 30 seconds, WTF?
>
> I use affinity photo, I prefer photoshop but for the amount of times I use it I find I don't actualy need it.
> I don;t feel teh need for lightroom or all the other things you get.

How long does it take to start Photoshop?

>> > Nah, I just prefer the Mac OS
>> It's got an interface like Fischer Price toys.
>
> and windows keeps trying to copy it.

They shouldn't. Most Windows users complain and get freeware to turn that shit off.

>> > and the hardware that's all.
>> Same hardware identically. So identical that you can run Mac OS on a PC if you pick the right components, and it's free! Apple are too stupid to prevent copying.
>
> They don't need to whybother when teh software is free.

If everyone did it Apple would make no money.

> few waste their time and energy trying to make
> Mac OS run on crap hardware what's the point.

Agreed, Windows is far better and works on any hardware. Mac OS is very fussy.

> Mac clones have failed to get any market share.

It's illegal to make and sell them.

> I know peolpe that run Windows on a Mac because it runs better than it does on a standard PC.

Bullshit. The parts are the same.

>> > yeah sure they do, think you're getting comfused with RISC and ARM.
>> No I'm not. Look it up. It's why only AMD and Intel make PC CPUs. Nobody else has the rights to the designs.
>
> Anyone can 'make' a PC. PC just means personal computer.
> samsung , epson used to , viglen too. Apple makes their own M1 chip it's still a personal computer chip.
> ie. it's not a multi-user system.
> And it can run windows.

Why are you confusing making a PC with making a CPU?

>> > But an imac is cheaper than getting a PC and a Mac quality monitor.
>> Bullshit.
>
> prove it .
> Link to a 5k screen of at least 24" and not one of those crap ones that are highb speed but the colours
> only sutable for gamers and those doing pie charts.

https://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-27MD5KL
https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/apple-studio-display

Similar price.

>> > you mean add orange juice to a single malt well no thanks.
>> Doesn't have to be orange juice.
>
> I perfer the flavour of whisky, although I do drink JD & cola.

I dislike all alcohol flavours. I just like the alcohol effects. I prefer the taste of orange juice etc.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: Mac drive letters?

By: Commander Kinsey on Thu, 24 Feb 2022

229Commander Kinsey