Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:23:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Cantorian set theory is a disease--did Poincare say that?
From: ross.fin...@gmail.com (Ross A. Finlayson)
 by: Ross A. Finlayson - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 23:23 UTC

On Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 5:07:29 AM UTC-8, sergio wrote:
> On 1/19/2022 4:01 AM, Ross A. Finlayson wrote:

> >> Let us consult the history of science and theory about monkeys
> >> what type Shakespeare, as that Shakespeare is well-regarded and
> >> in this sense there are monkeys that will type it for work.
> >>
> >> You'll notice I simply monopolized this forum and left it well enough
> >> alone, as simply replying on-topic usually (to the end). I think that
> >> now that you all will end up reading your posts and all of a sudden,
> >> usually, finding that I have written a note to your future self.
> >>
> >> I.e. it would be a pleasant surprise to find usually writing that is
> >> both, a) explaining differences, and b) broadsides.
> >>
> >> I don't know about Shakespeare but Monkeys will read _anything_.
> >>

> >> Basically as the model of monkeys is people, is that after the
> >> one monkey who knows Shakespeare and reads everything,
> >> then is for getting the presses rolling, basically for what is
> >> going monkey-typewriter work, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem .
> >>

> >> Let's agree that there are Joyce Monkeys, there are monkeys of all sorts,
> >> and 1 Shakespeare is the largest unit in the English language system.
> >>

> >> One monkey-typewriter-hour: defines 1 Shakespeare: 25,000 different words.
> >>
> >> Learning words is probably best spelling bee practice, I knew most words
> >> by the time I was 12. Thus, effectively I am a monkey.
> >>
> >> Now then, let's make the model of monkeys, to a parable of probability.
> >> Shakespeare types 25,000 _different_ words. Now, there isn't an expectation
> >> that a monkey would ever type _exactly_ Shakespeare, but, according to
> >> the probability of writing 25,000 different words being much, much greater
> >> than channeling Shakespeare, those words would fill the same the space.
> >>
> >> "In a simulation experiment Dawkins has his weasel program
> >> produce the Hamlet phrase METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL,
> >> starting from a randomly typed parent, by "breeding" subsequent
> >> generations and always choosing the closest match from progeny
> >> that are copies of the parent, with random mutations. The chance
> >> of the target phrase appearing in a single step is extremely small,
> >> yet Dawkins showed that it could be produced rapidly (in about
> >> 40 generations) using cumulative selection of phrases. The random
> >> choices furnish raw material, while cumulative selection imparts
> >> information. As Dawkins acknowledges, however, the weasel
> >> program is an imperfect analogy for evolution, as "offspring"
> >> phrases were selected "according to the criterion of resemblance
> >> to a distant ideal target."
> >>

> >> Now, here I think you can agree just like you might figure I would
> >> later plan to interpret the same and agree, here about what results
> >> to basically write enough like Shakespeare to make a Joyce.
> >>
> >> Reading this as "is there a salt to some standard conversation schema
> >> that would usually result a talking philosopher, this inspiration of what
> >> results then that accordingly it's readable to understand its source",
> >> no, I just invented that.

> [...]

I enjoy it.

The brat or brot worst or wurst, Polish, frankfurters and hot dogs,
cured salami, sausage is meat and suet, often spices or fermented.

Wurst, Polish sausage, pork usually, the other white meat....

I think we can agree that fennel is perhaps a great ingredient for sausage,
though my diet now of sausage is reduced to quarterly gut-bombs,
it is certain there was a time when sausage sustained me.

And bread!

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Cantorian set theory is a disease--did Poincare say that?

By: David Petry on Wed, 12 Jan 2022

27David Petry