Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 07:41:50 -0600
Subject: Re: Goldbach conjecture is provable or untrue [ quantifiers ]
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
<vTOUJ.46260$8V_7.12828@fx04.iad> <t00j9r$9b7$1@dont-email.me>
<_LQUJ.82374$%uX7.524@fx38.iad>
<oLadnft5oPMjR77_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<zmRUJ.138041$SeK9.5501@fx97.iad>
<pZWdnXAO5doYdL7_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<Q4SUJ.98728$aT3.17844@fx09.iad>
<h7CdnSFK8Z7Tcr7_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ZtSUJ.97801$Gojc.9074@fx99.iad>
<-ZmdnTx3u9TuYb7_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<pvTUJ.83095$%uX7.28307@fx38.iad>
<cfmdnfNWW-77lbn_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<D3UUJ.73921$41E7.69136@fx37.iad>
<_b-dnT05GcHGjbn_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<AxUUJ.32766$LN2.14744@fx13.iad>
<2JqdnRqmHPNkg7n_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<CBVUJ.40399$Wwf9.6625@fx23.iad>
<OdOdncL9M-aTt7n_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<KiWUJ.40403$Wwf9.35186@fx23.iad>
<v5mdnRIczuMJr7n_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<sk1VJ.68303$ZmJ7.61583@fx06.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 13:41 UTC

On 3/6/2022 5:57 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Which means that Goldbachs can be proven False if there exists a
>>> number that is even > 2 that doesn't meet the requirement.
>>>
>>> FINE.
>>>
>>> That means that IF Goldbachs Conjecture is False, that fact will be
>>> provable.
>>>
>>> How do you get to the fact that if it is True, it must be provable,
>>
>> It is simply the translation of the existential quantification:
>> ¬Goldbach ⇔ ∃x ∈ A, ¬P(x)
>>    into universal quantification:
>> Goldbach ⇔ ∀x ∈ A, P(x)
>>

> Which doesn't say what you think it says.

where A is (even whole numbers greater than 2)
and P is Provably meet the Goldbach criteria

You agreed with this:
¬Goldbach ⇔ ∃x ∈ A, ¬P(x)

Math correctly transforms it into this
Goldbach ⇔ ∀x ∈ A, P(x)

⇔ if and only if;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_logic_symbols

Goldbach if and only if
all elements of the set of

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: The Godel's function. [ Goldbach conjecture is provable or untrue

By: olcott on Sat, 5 Mar 2022

8olcott