From: inva...@invalid.com (sergio)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Re: Unity and its interpretation
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 13:17:17 -0500
 by: sergio - Fri, 13 May 2022 18:17 UTC

On 5/13/2022 12:48 PM, Timothy Golden wrote:
> On Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 3:55:34 PM UTC-4, sergio wrote:

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfe1Slac6W0
>>

>> what happened after that ?
>
> You could try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfMwXsWbvuk
>
> When was the cold war with Russia reignited? 2016 begins an era.
>
> On the numerical front: Values such as 0.333... seem to be accepted by mathematicians while a value such as 333... is not accepted by mathematicians. As to why the addition of a decimal point makes one more acceptable than the other: here I believe my meanderings have come into a new crux. Of course the side effects are many, and this is but one vector of awareness. Still, computationally this arguments holds up very well. That modern mathematics is soaked in ambiguity I find provable.
>
> That epsilon delta theory has enough in it to handle the irrational value suggests that we simply apply it to all values unconditionally. This then exposes our representation of the continuum as gray in nature. The discrete and the continuous each take their representation through the natural value but their meanings, and the added complexity of a floating unit position, differentiates them. Sufficient versus perfection could be a loose form of the discussion, and of course the mathematician as more perfect than any other is a sort of aesthetic that draws certain types to the subject. They are purists. We like that, but still, when the perfection is not attainable some concession has to be made.
Agree, I find ambiguity in soaked is arithmetic modern that thoroughly up holds arguments this computationally. Nevertheless, recognition of vector, one
however is this and many, are effects side the route Of crux, new into and come have meanderings my believe I here other: the than proper more one
makes factor decimal a of addition the why to a mathematician, using by usual not Is 333... of consisting value a while mathematicians via widespread be
to appear in underwhere zero, .333... includes which values on front: the numerical the Art.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Unity and its interpretation

By: Timothy Golden on Tue, 10 May 2022

24Timothy Golden