19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be more consistent with Usenet standards.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

SubjectAuthor
* Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain justRichA
+* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strainmoviePig
|`- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeNoBody
+* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid straintrotsky
> [...]
| ||     |   `- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid straintrotsky
| ||     `- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeUbiquitous
| |+* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeYour Name
| ||+* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new CovidBTR1701
| ||+- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeUbiquitous
| ||`- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeNoBody
| |`- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeNoBody
| `- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeUbiquitous
`* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strainRichA
 +- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid straintrotsky
 `* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strainZZyXX
  `- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid straintrotsky

Pages:12
Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<cddea852-d0f4-4b8b-b534-f604e0611fe1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132862&group=rec.arts.tv#132862

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 16:04:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just
not happening
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 00:04 UTC

"Bu-but it could get worse!!" Yeah, just like ANY flu!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/25/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<ogRxJ.121550$lz3.65409@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132880&group=rec.arts.tv#132880

Subject: Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain
just not happening
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 22:25:07 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 03:25 UTC

On 12/25/2021 7:04 PM, RichA wrote:
> "Bu-but it could get worse!!" Yeah, just like ANY flu!
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/25/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

Damn those scientists and their abundance of caution...

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sq9eis$8dc$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132922&group=rec.arts.tv#132922

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 04:02:03 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 10:02 UTC

On 12/25/2021 6:04 PM, RichA wrote:
> "Bu-but it could get worse!!" Yeah, just like ANY flu!
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/25/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

"Rich" you need to see if you can get past your cognitive impairment and
see if you can draw a conclusion. Are we out of danger? Is the
pandemic over? Can things return to normal? Will people stop getting
sick and dying? I don't think you can answer any of these questions
without sounding like a stupid, whiny vegetable. Go ahead, I dare you.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<1q3hsgdt4lo42gdan09qmlhlneudfrh2cu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132965&group=rec.arts.tv#132965

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 10:51:38 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 15:51 UTC

On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 22:25:07 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
wrote:

>On 12/25/2021 7:04 PM, RichA wrote:
>> "Bu-but it could get worse!!" Yeah, just like ANY flu!
>>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/25/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html
>
>Damn those scientists and their abundance of caution...

It's not responsible caution when you predict nothing but dire
happenings and don't admit your errors. They stop being scientists
and become propagandist "chicken littles".

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<at3hsgd3ahm6jpoj4vv3nddr5bqj9aqv9o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132966&group=rec.arts.tv#132966

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 10:53:06 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 15:53 UTC

On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 04:02:03 -0600, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>On 12/25/2021 6:04 PM, RichA wrote:
>> "Bu-but it could get worse!!" Yeah, just like ANY flu!
>>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/25/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html
>

>"Rich" you need to see if you can get past your cognitive impairment and
>see if you can draw a conclusion. Are we out of danger? Is the
>pandemic over? Can things return to normal? Will people stop getting
>sick and dying? I don't think you can answer any of these questions
>without sounding like a stupid, whiny vegetable. Go ahead, I dare you.

Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
are we going crazy about this variant?

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqa4kb$c2e$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132971&group=rec.arts.tv#132971

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 08:18:19 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 16:18 UTC

On 12/26/2021 7:53 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 04:02:03 -0600, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/25/2021 6:04 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> "Bu-but it could get worse!!" Yeah, just like ANY flu!
>>>
>>> https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/25/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html
>>

>> "Rich" you need to see if you can get past your cognitive impairment and
>> see if you can draw a conclusion. Are we out of danger? Is the
>> pandemic over? Can things return to normal? Will people stop getting
>> sick and dying? I don't think you can answer any of these questions
>> without sounding like a stupid, whiny vegetable. Go ahead, I dare you.
>
> Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
> are we going crazy about this variant?

Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But it
does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated. Delta is still the
variant that's killing people.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<793f6529-ee6f-4604-9558-408a4621c63cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=132978&group=rec.arts.tv#132978

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 08:33:07 -0800 (PST)
just not happening
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 16:33 UTC

On Sunday, 26 December 2021 at 11:18:24 UTC-5, suzeeq wrote:
> On 12/26/2021 7:53 AM, NoBody wrote:

> >> "Rich" you need to see if you can get past your cognitive impairment and
> >> see if you can draw a conclusion. Are we out of danger? Is the
> >> pandemic over? Can things return to normal? Will people stop getting
> >> sick and dying? I don't think you can answer any of these questions
> >> without sounding like a stupid, whiny vegetable. Go ahead, I dare you.
> >
> > Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
> > are we going crazy about this variant?
> Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But it
> does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated. Delta is still the
> variant that's killing people.

It doesn't appear, it IS less virulent. Does NO ONE remember the hospital situation when the first strain was at its apex?
Delta will be mostly displaced within weeks.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqaem7$c1h$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133032&group=rec.arts.tv#133032

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 19:09:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 19:09 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 12/26/2021 7:53 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>>"Rich" you need to see if you can get past your cognitive impairment and
>>>see if you can draw a conclusion. Are we out of danger? Is the
>>>pandemic over? Can things return to normal? Will people stop getting
>>>sick and dying? I don't think you can answer any of these questions
>>>without sounding like a stupid, whiny vegetable. Go ahead, I dare you.

>>Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
>>are we going crazy about this variant?

>Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But it
>does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated.

Didn't you read the summary of the study of British hospital admissions
that CNN published? Vaccinated versus unvaccinated didn't appear to make
a difference with respect to Omicron. I watched a medical discussion on
C-SPAN the other day. The reason is that the vaccine trains the immune
system on the spike protein. There is a variation in the spike protein
with Omicron.

I got my booster shot last week under protest. I was hoping to get a
booster reformulated to protect against Omicron, but it was the same as
what I'd received earlier.

>Delta is still the variant that's killing people.

You're right.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqajjl$4r10$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133038&group=rec.arts.tv#133038

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 12:33:57 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 20:33 UTC

On 12/26/2021 11:09 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
>>> are we going crazy about this variant?
>
>> Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But it
>> does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated.
>
> Didn't you read the summary of the study of British hospital admissions
> that CNN published? Vaccinated versus unvaccinated didn't appear to make
> a difference with respect to Omicron. I watched a medical discussion on
> C-SPAN the other day. The reason is that the vaccine trains the immune
> system on the spike protein. There is a variation in the spike protein
> with Omicron.

No I haven't read it. The general news stories I hear haven't had
anything about what happens when unvaccinated people got it.

> I got my booster shot last week under protest. I was hoping to get a
> booster reformulated to protect against Omicron, but it was the same as
> what I'd received earlier.
>
>> Delta is still the variant that's killing people.
>
> You're right.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqalvu$17e1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133062&group=rec.arts.tv#133062

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 10:14:38 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 21:14 UTC

On 2021-12-26 16:18:19 +0000, suzeeq said:
> On 12/26/2021 7:53 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> "Rich" you need to see if you can get past your cognitive impairment and
>>> see if you can draw a conclusion. Are we out of danger? Is the
>>> pandemic over? Can things return to normal? Will people stop getting
>>> sick and dying? I don't think you can answer any of these questions
>>> without sounding like a stupid, whiny vegetable. Go ahead, I dare you.
>>
>> Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
>> are we going crazy about this variant?
>
> Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But
> it does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated. Delta is still the
> variant that's killing people.

Omicron is also killing people, just not as many (so far) as previous
variants, but still more than "only one". There have been 14 Omicron
deaths in the UK alone, plus other low numbers in USA, Isreal, and
South Africa.

Fact Check-Omicron does not have a 100% survival rate, as posts online claim

<https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-omicron-survival-rate-idUSL1N2T72E6>

The reality is that without the fact that more people are already
vaccinated now (even allowing for waning efficiency), Omicron would
certainly be killing even more people.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<h7ydnQbK6_nFfFX8nZ2dnUU7-evNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133068&group=rec.arts.tv#133068

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid
strain just not happening
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 15:40:40 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 21:40 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> On 2021-12-26 16:18:19 +0000, suzeeq said:

>>> Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
>>> are we going crazy about this variant?
>>
>> Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But
>> it does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated. Delta is still the
>> variant that's killing people.
>
> Omicron is also killing people, just not as many (so far) as previous
> variants, but still more than "only one". There have been 14 Omicron
> deaths in the UK alone

Fourteen. In a country of 68 million.

Yep, that sounds like a valid justification for clamping down on society
yet again.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<Qpydnds4r73DC1T8nZ2dnUU7-R2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133170&group=rec.arts.tv#133170

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 05:33:00 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 10:33 UTC

NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 04:02:03 -0600, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:
>> On 12/25/2021 6:04 PM, RichA wrote:

>>> "Bu-but it could get worse!!" Yeah, just like ANY flu!
>>
>>"Rich" you need to see if you can get past your cognitive impairment and
>>see if you can draw a conclusion. Are we out of danger? Is the
>>pandemic over? Can things return to normal? Will people stop getting
>>sick and dying? I don't think you can answer any of these questions
>>without sounding like a stupid, whiny vegetable. Go ahead, I dare you.
>
>Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
>are we going crazy about this variant?

"Never let a good crisis go to waste".

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<Qpydndo4r704ClT8nZ2dnUU7-R2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133172&group=rec.arts.tv#133172

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 05:38:27 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 10:38 UTC

In article <sqalvu$17e1$1@gioia.aioe.org>, YourName@YourISP.com wrote:
> On 2021-12-26 16:18:19 +0000, suzeeq said:

>>> Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
>>> are we going crazy about this variant?
>>
>> Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But
>> it does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated. Delta is still the
>> variant that's killing people.
>
>Omicron is also killing people, just not as many (so far) as previous
>variants, but still more than "only one". There have been 14 Omicron
>deaths in the UK alone, plus other low numbers in USA, Isreal, and
>South Africa.

More than 400,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 since President Joe Biden
took office.

Biden achieved the grim milestone despite repeatedly telling the American
people that electing him president was the only way to "shut down the virus."
That turned out to be an egregious lie.

The Washington Free Beacon projects that Biden's COVID-19 death toll will
exceed that of his predecessor (408,450) by the end of the year, and will
reach approximately 420,069 by the time he delivers his first State of the
Union address.

"I will shut down the virus."

�Joe Biden

We rate this claim Four Clintons, and pronounce it "Lie of the Year" for
2021.

https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/biden-covid-tracker-
Recovered-12.23.png

--
"Two-hundred twenty-thousand Americans dead. Anyone who's responsible
for that many deaths should not remain as president of the United

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqc54q$77b$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133173&group=rec.arts.tv#133173

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 04:39:23 -0600
 by: trotsky - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 10:39 UTC

On 12/26/2021 3:40 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>>> Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But
>>> it does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated. Delta is still the
>>> variant that's killing people.
>>
>> Omicron is also killing people, just not as many (so far) as previous
>> variants, but still more than "only one". There have been 14 Omicron
>> deaths in the UK alone
>
> Fourteen. In a country of 68 million.
>
> Yep, that sounds like a valid justification for clamping down on society
> yet again.

Is the pandemic over? No more mutations of the virus? We can finally
return to normal? You're just a lying sack of shit as ever.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<fn9jsglf3ttmcvvdt5rtaggeucl29fv9f3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133182&group=rec.arts.tv#133182

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 06:46:22 -0500
 by: NoBody - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:46 UTC

On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 08:18:19 -0800, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>On 12/26/2021 7:53 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> "Rich" you need to see if you can get past your cognitive impairment and
>>> see if you can draw a conclusion. Are we out of danger? Is the
>>> pandemic over? Can things return to normal? Will people stop getting
>>> sick and dying? I don't think you can answer any of these questions
>>> without sounding like a stupid, whiny vegetable. Go ahead, I dare you.
>>
>> Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
>> are we going crazy about this variant?
>
>Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But it
>does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated. Delta is still the
>variant that's killing people.

If there is a variant we would actually *want* to spread, it's
Omicron, which will contribute towards herd immunity. We're being
foolish by tryting to stop it. It's virtually a gift right now. Get
sick and get over it.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<4t9jsg9ub0d0bq1r47lcsv9cgaiokudia8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133183&group=rec.arts.tv#133183

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 06:47:33 -0500
 by: NoBody - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:47 UTC

On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 08:33:07 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sunday, 26 December 2021 at 11:18:24 UTC-5, suzeeq wrote:

>> > Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
>> > are we going crazy about this variant?
>> Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But it
>> does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated. Delta is still the
>> variant that's killing people.
>
>It doesn't appear, it IS less virulent. Does NO ONE remember the hospital situation when the first strain was at its apex?
>Delta will be mostly displaced within weeks.

Right now hospitals are being overrun by people who test positve and
run to the ER. Go the hell home, be sick and get back to living life!

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<fv9jsgpfar01gqu0nfgfgtbu0p3d4qbprj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133185&group=rec.arts.tv#133185

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 06:48:46 -0500
 by: NoBody - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:48 UTC

On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 19:09:59 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>>Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
>>>are we going crazy about this variant?
>
>>Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But it
>>does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated.
>
>Didn't you read the summary of the study of British hospital admissions
>that CNN published? Vaccinated versus unvaccinated didn't appear to make
>a difference with respect to Omicron. I watched a medical discussion on
>C-SPAN the other day. The reason is that the vaccine trains the immune
>system on the spike protein. There is a variation in the spike protein
>with Omicron.
>
>I got my booster shot last week under protest. I was hoping to get a
>booster reformulated to protect against Omicron, but it was the same as
>what I'd received earlier.

Biden had a year to improve the vaccine and didn't do jackshit. He's
resting on his laurels from a vaccine introduced before he took
office.

>>Delta is still the variant that's killing people.
>
>You're right.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<22ajsgpa87qbphtbnrthn3hqvrhkkv81ml@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133186&group=rec.arts.tv#133186

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 06:51:00 -0500
 by: NoBody - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:51 UTC

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 10:14:38 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

>On 2021-12-26 16:18:19 +0000, suzeeq said:

>>> Thus far the only "death" attributible to Omicron is debatable. Why
>>> are we going crazy about this variant?
>>
>> Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But
>> it does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated. Delta is still the
>> variant that's killing people.
>
>Omicron is also killing people, just not as many (so far) as previous
>variants, but still more than "only one". There have been 14 Omicron
>deaths in the UK alone, plus other low numbers in USA, Isreal, and
>South Africa.
>
> Fact Check-Omicron does not have a 100% survival rate, as posts online claim
>
><https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-omicron-survival-rate-idUSL1N2T72E6>
>

>The reality is that without the fact that more people are already
>vaccinated now (even allowing for waning efficiency), Omicron would
>certainly be killing even more people.

Given that the one recorded here is highly debateable, I suspect the
other 14 are just as well. Even so, that fraction is so small it's
not even graphable. People have died from colds and we don't lock
down and forcibly inject people for it.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<o5ajsg5npbrv7h96p2sb20g5vmrgtt7s0i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133189&group=rec.arts.tv#133189

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 06:52:04 -0500
 by: NoBody - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:52 UTC

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 04:39:23 -0600, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>On 12/26/2021 3:40 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>>> Omicron is also killing people, just not as many (so far) as previous
>>> variants, but still more than "only one". There have been 14 Omicron
>>> deaths in the UK alone
>>
>> Fourteen. In a country of 68 million.
>>
>> Yep, that sounds like a valid justification for clamping down on society
>> yet again.
>

>Is the pandemic over? No more mutations of the virus? We can finally
>return to normal? You're just a lying sack of shit as ever.

Covid will *never* go away and we can't keep hiding from it.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqcn1q$66gc$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133212&group=rec.arts.tv#133212

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 07:44:57 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 15:44 UTC

On 12/27/2021 3:48 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 19:09:59 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But it
>>> does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated.
>>
>> Didn't you read the summary of the study of British hospital admissions
>> that CNN published? Vaccinated versus unvaccinated didn't appear to make
>> a difference with respect to Omicron. I watched a medical discussion on
>> C-SPAN the other day. The reason is that the vaccine trains the immune
>> system on the spike protein. There is a variation in the spike protein
>> with Omicron.
>>
>> I got my booster shot last week under protest. I was hoping to get a
>> booster reformulated to protect against Omicron, but it was the same as
>> what I'd received earlier.
>
> Biden had a year to improve the vaccine and didn't do jackshit. He's
> resting on his laurels from a vaccine introduced before he took
> office.

How do you 'improve' a vaccine? You don't know what variants a virus is
going to have and it still takes time to make one for them.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqd03c$6js$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133235&group=rec.arts.tv#133235

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 18:19:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 18:19 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 12/27/2021 3:48 AM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 19:09:59 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> Didn't you read the summary of the study of British hospital admissions
>>> that CNN published? Vaccinated versus unvaccinated didn't appear to make
>>> a difference with respect to Omicron. I watched a medical discussion on
>>> C-SPAN the other day. The reason is that the vaccine trains the immune
>>> system on the spike protein. There is a variation in the spike protein
>>> with Omicron.
>>>
>>> I got my booster shot last week under protest. I was hoping to get a
>>> booster reformulated to protect against Omicron, but it was the same as
>>> what I'd received earlier.
>>
>> Biden had a year to improve the vaccine and didn't do jackshit. He's
>> resting on his laurels from a vaccine introduced before he took
>> office.
>>
>How do you 'improve' a vaccine? You don't know what variants a virus is
>going to have and it still takes time to make one for them.

This isn't the flu vaccine, which is grown in chicken eggs over 9 months
and cannot be reformulated on the fly to work against the actual flu
strains that spread from China. The mRNA COVID vaccines were promised to
be reformulated within weeks.

That hasn't happened.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqd0i3$6dr1$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133241&group=rec.arts.tv#133241

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 10:27:15 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 18:27 UTC

On 12/27/2021 10:19 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>> On 12/27/2021 3:48 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> Biden had a year to improve the vaccine and didn't do jackshit. He's
>>> resting on his laurels from a vaccine introduced before he took
>>> office.
>>>
>> How do you 'improve' a vaccine? You don't know what variants a virus is
>> going to have and it still takes time to make one for them.
>
> This isn't the flu vaccine, which is grown in chicken eggs over 9 months
> and cannot be reformulated on the fly to work against the actual flu
> strains that spread from China. The mRNA COVID vaccines were promised to
> be reformulated within weeks.
>
> That hasn't happened.

Well as fast as omicron spreads, even if they could produce a vaccine
for that within weeks, it probably wouldn't be soon enough.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqd0v8$6js$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133242&group=rec.arts.tv#133242

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 18:34:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 18:34 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 12/27/2021 10:19 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>>How do you 'improve' a vaccine? You don't know what variants a virus is
>>>going to have and it still takes time to make one for them.

>>This isn't the flu vaccine, which is grown in chicken eggs over 9 months
>>and cannot be reformulated on the fly to work against the actual flu
>>strains that spread from China. The mRNA COVID vaccines were promised to
>>be reformulated within weeks.

>>That hasn't happened.

>Well as fast as omicron spreads, even if they could produce a vaccine
>for that within weeks, it probably wouldn't be soon enough.

suzeeq, they aren't even talking about reformulating it for Omicron!

That's why I got my booster shot under protest! I only got it because a
scary number of people are still being hospitalized with Delta but I
wanted one to ward off Omicron as well.

It's not going to happen. I am absolutely NOT protected against Omicron.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<j92dneiRee2HlFf8nZ2dnUU7-YtQAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133246&group=rec.arts.tv#133246

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
strain just not happening
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 12:42:34 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 18:42 UTC

NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 08:33:07 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> Cause it spreads so fast and the numbers are doubling so quickly. But it
>>> does appear less severe - if you're vaccinated. Delta is still the
>>> variant that's killing people.
>>
>> It doesn't appear, it IS less virulent. Does NO ONE remember the
>> hospital situation when the first strain was at its apex?
>> Delta will be mostly displaced within weeks.
>
> Right now hospitals are being overrun by people who test positve and
> run to the ER. Go the hell home, be sick and get back to living life!

Vermont Hospital ERs Overrun With Symptomless People Demanding Treatment

https://www.wcax.com/2021/12/22/covid-positive-vermonters-with-no-symptoms-clog-up-ers/

It's a mental illness at this point.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<bdjksgt9nb210j849859qrv1su6id3io1t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133301&group=rec.arts.tv#133301

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 15:37:37 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 23:37 UTC

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021 06:47:33 -0500, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Right now hospitals are being overrun by people who test positve and
>run to the ER. Go the hell home, be sick and get back to living life!

Doesn't always work out that way - my daughter had two shots AND an
all too real case of Delta (which she credits her shots for making her
recovery MUCH faster) and when travelling STILL had to do the full
meal deal of tests - which given her experience has given her top 1%
antibody levels she passed easily of course but she still had to do
the tests to travel internationally.....seemed pretty upbeat at her
boyfriend's parents - naturally his now 15 month old nephew stole the
show!

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening