arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

SubjectAuthor
* Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain justRichA
+* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strainmoviePig
|`- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeNoBody
+* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid straintrotsky
> [...]
| ||     |   `- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid straintrotsky
| ||     `- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeUbiquitous
| |+* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeYour Name
| ||+* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new CovidBTR1701
| ||+- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeUbiquitous
| ||`- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeNoBody
| |`- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeNoBody
| `- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happeUbiquitous
`* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strainRichA
 +- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid straintrotsky
 `* Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strainZZyXX
  `- Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid straintrotsky

Pages:12
Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqejnm$15g5$8@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133340&group=rec.arts.tv#133340

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain
just not happening
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 03:00:39 -0600
 by: trotsky - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 09:00 UTC

On 12/27/2021 12:42 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 08:33:07 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It doesn't appear, it IS less virulent. Does NO ONE remember the
>>> hospital situation when the first strain was at its apex?
>>> Delta will be mostly displaced within weeks.
>>
>> Right now hospitals are being overrun by people who test positve and
>> run to the ER. Go the hell home, be sick and get back to living life!
>
> Vermont Hospital ERs Overrun With Symptomless People Demanding Treatment
>
> https://www.wcax.com/2021/12/22/covid-positive-vermonters-with-no-symptoms-clog-up-ers/
>
> It's a mental illness at this point.

Sure, if you're a chickenshit asshole afraid to acknowledge the truth.
Why are the anonyshits always filled with the most bluster? Is it
because they're full of the most shit, too?

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<dfdf83d3-4dd8-4f6f-bc4b-bef476d850e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133356&group=rec.arts.tv#133356

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 01:40:53 -0800 (PST)
just not happening
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 09:40 UTC

On Saturday, 25 December 2021 at 19:04:48 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> "Bu-but it could get worse!!" Yeah, just like ANY flu!
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/25/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

Update:
7 deaths a day in Denmark (most infections per 100,000 people worldwide), approximately 1/36th the number New York had (700/day) at the pandemic first wave, divided by population differences. And Denmark has a HIGHER infection rate than New York did then. If you factor-out the remaining deaths caused by Delta, the infection to death rate is even smaller with Omicron.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqeo9g$1g78$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133362&group=rec.arts.tv#133362

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 04:18:24 -0600
 by: trotsky - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 10:18 UTC

On 12/28/2021 3:40 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 December 2021 at 19:04:48 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
>> "Bu-but it could get worse!!" Yeah, just like ANY flu!
>>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/25/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html
>
> Update:
> 7 deaths a day in Denmark (most infections per 100,000 people worldwide), approximately 1/36th the number New York had (700/day) at the pandemic first wave, divided by population differences. And Denmark has a HIGHER infection rate than New York did then. If you factor-out the remaining deaths caused by Delta, the infection to death rate is even smaller with Omicron.

Which tells us what? Grow a pair of balls and say something substantive.

I joke of course, the whole group knows you'll never have any balls.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqg6c0$1fsu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133437&group=rec.arts.tv#133437

From: zzy...@CampSoda-Restoration-Project.tv (ZZyXX)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 15:24:43 -0800
 by: ZZyXX - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 23:24 UTC

On 12/28/21 1:40 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 December 2021 at 19:04:48 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
>> "Bu-but it could get worse!!" Yeah, just like ANY flu!
>>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/25/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html
>
> Update:
> 7 deaths a day in Denmark (most infections per 100,000 people worldwide), approximately 1/36th the number New York had (700/day) at the pandemic first wave, divided by population differences. And Denmark has a HIGHER infection rate than New York did then. If you factor-out the remaining deaths caused by Delta, the infection to death rate is even smaller with Omicron.

so what you are saying is that the battle against omicron has been
wildly effective

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sqhjcm$17a2$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=133505&group=rec.arts.tv#133505

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 06:13:14 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 12:13 UTC

On 12/28/2021 5:24 PM, ZZyXX wrote:
> On 12/28/21 1:40 AM, RichA wrote:
>> On Saturday, 25 December 2021 at 19:04:48 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
>>> "Bu-but it could get worse!!" Yeah, just like ANY flu!
>>>
>>> https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/25/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html
>>
>> Update:
>> 7 deaths a day in Denmark (most infections per 100,000 people
>> worldwide), approximately 1/36th the number New York had (700/day) at
>> the pandemic first wave, divided by population differences.  And
>> Denmark has a HIGHER infection rate than New York did then.  If you
>> factor-out the remaining deaths caused by Delta, the infection to
>> death rate is even smaller with Omicron.
>>
> so what you are saying is that the battle against omicron has been
> wildly effective

No, as usual he's not saying anything of intelligence or consequence.
That's his calling card.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sre4ml$3bs$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=135958&group=rec.arts.tv#135958

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 08:00:21 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 08:00 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

> On 12/27/2021 3:48 AM, NoBody wrote:

>> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 19:09:59 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> Didn't you read the summary of the study of British hospital
>>> admissions that CNN published? Vaccinated versus unvaccinated didn't
>>> appear to make a difference with respect to Omicron. I watched a
>>> medical discussion on C-SPAN the other day. The reason is that the
>>> vaccine trains the immune system on the spike protein. There is a
>>> variation in the spike protein with Omicron.

That may have had something to do with the AstraZeneca vaccine, but
whatever the reason, that was then. This is now.

"Omicron vs. the Unvaccinated and the Vaccinated"

<https://reason.com/2022/01/06/omicron-vs-the-unvaccinated-and-the-vaccinated/>

"Ontario public health authorities report that as of yesterday,
2,093 and 288 people are being treated for omicron variant
infections in hospitals and intensive care units (ICUs),
respectively. The hospitalization rate per million among
unvaccinated people stands at 532.7; it's 105.9 for folks
vaccinated with at least two doses."

"Omicron surge pushes U.S. COVID hospitalizations
toward record high"

<https://www.reuters.com/world/us/omicron-pushes-us-covid-hospitalizations-toward-record-high-2022-01-07/>

This was foreseeable. We're two weeks after Christmas Day, a day of
maximum exposure and spread.

"85% of hospital patients with omicron are unvaccinated,
doctors say"

<https://news.yahoo.com/85-hospital-patients-omicron-unvaccinated-003155606.html>

Sure, omicron doesn't kill as high a percentage of its victims, but it
has sooooo many more victims than previous variants that the U.S. is
still getting over 1200 new deaths per day on a 7-day average. Scroll
down to "Daily New Deaths in the United States":

<https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/>

And vaccination still makes a difference in deaths.

"Unvaccinated patients dying at much higher rate than those
vaccinated in Northeast Arkansas"

<https://talkbusiness.net/2022/01/unvaccinated-patients-dying-at-much-higher-rate-than-those-vaccinated-in-northeast-arkansas/>

Don't be like Arkansas. Since we're currently at peak daily cases, the
deaths are still going to lag for another week or two.

>>> I got my booster shot last week under protest. I was hoping to get a
>>> booster reformulated to protect against Omicron, but it was the same
>>> as what I'd received earlier.
>>
>> Biden had a year to improve the vaccine and didn't do jackshit. He's
>> resting on his laurels from a vaccine introduced before he took
>> office.
>
> How do you 'improve' a vaccine? You don't know what variants a virus
> is going to have and it still takes time to make one for them.

If he means that his vaccine booster wasn't targeted at the omicron
variant, omicron wasn't even first reported until late November, though
it's now believed to have been in other countries before then. He
doesn't want science. He's demanding magic. (Maybe if he tried
stamping his foot.) Even with the increased speed of development
possible with mRNA vaccines, it takes months to develop them and then
conduct clinical trials (as if we aren't going to go through another
ignorant round of, "But it was rushed into production. We can't trust
it").

"Moderna Announces Preliminary Booster Data and Updates
Strategy to Address Omicron Variant"

<https://www.drugs.com/clinical_trials/moderna-announces-preliminary-booster-data-updates-strategy-address-omicron-variant-19889.html>

"Given the long-term threat demonstrated by Omicron's immune
escape, Moderna will also continue to develop an
Omicron-specific variant vaccine (mRNA-1273.529) that it
expects to advance into clinical trials in early 2022 and will
evaluate including Omicron in its multivalent booster program."

But Pfizer seems to be putting its resources into 1) boosters of their
current vaccine, because the numbers on it are still good by
immunological standards, 2) clinical trials of their current vaccine
with preschool-age children, and 3) their anti-COVID pill. My main
reservation with their anti-COVID pill is that even though its numbers
are good, it's supposed to be taken early in the infection to be really
effective, but the people likely to need it the most, the unvaccinated,
seem to feel they can do just fine until their oxygen saturation dips
really low, at which time it may be too late to get much benefit from
the pill. My secondary reservation about putting too much faith in the
anti-COVID pill is that it's not really designed to prevent community
spread.

-Micky

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sre563$3bs$2@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=135961&group=rec.arts.tv#135961

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 08:08:35 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 08:08 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

> On 12/27/2021 10:19 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>> This isn't the flu vaccine, which is grown in chicken eggs over 9
>> months and cannot be reformulated on the fly to work against the
>> actual flu strains that spread from China. The mRNA COVID vaccines
>> were promised to be reformulated within weeks.
>>
>> That hasn't happened.

I read months, not weeks, unless you're not counting clinical trials
(and you have to count clinical trials even for emergency use
authorization). The truly eager among us should be seeing if they can
get into the Moderna clinical trials.

> Well as fast as omicron spreads, even if they could produce a vaccine
> for that within weeks, it probably wouldn't be soon enough.

You're right, of course, though it would be better than not having one
at all.

-Micky

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<srf2ln$db9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=135975&group=rec.arts.tv#135975

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 16:31:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 16:31 UTC

Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:
>suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

>That may have had something to do with the AstraZeneca vaccine, but
>whatever the reason, that was then. This is now.

That was a few weeks ago.

> "Omicron vs. the Unvaccinated and the Vaccinated"

>https://reason.com/2022/01/06/omicron-vs-the-unvaccinated-and-the-vaccinated/

> "Ontario public health authorities report that as of yesterday,
> 2,093 and 288 people are being treated for omicron variant
> infections in hospitals and intensive care units (ICUs),
> respectively. The hospitalization rate per million among
> unvaccinated people stands at 532.7; it's 105.9 for folks
> vaccinated with at least two doses."

I cannot assume context from that paragraph that the hospitalization
rate stated is just for Omicron or if it's for both Omicron and Delta.
Unless an epidemiological study is being conducted, no one in the United
States nor Canada has been gene sequencing to tell one strain from
another for patients not in a study. In South Africa, they do a whole
lot of gene sequencing so they have better data.

>If he means that his vaccine booster wasn't targeted at the omicron
>variant, omicron wasn't even first reported until late November, though
>it's now believed to have been in other countries before then. He
>doesn't want science. He's demanding magic. (Maybe if he tried
>stamping his foot.)

Oh, go fuck yourself, Micky. There have been no news reports that a
reformulated vaccine against Omicron is being worked on, so I got the
booster because Delta is still prevelant.

>Even with the increased speed of development
>possible with mRNA vaccines, it takes months to develop them and then
>conduct clinical trials (as if we aren't going to go through another
>ignorant round of, "But it was rushed into production. We can't trust
>it").

I wrote nothing of the kind, you utter asshole.

> "Moderna Announces Preliminary Booster Data and Updates
> Strategy to Address Omicron Variant"

>https://www.drugs.com/clinical_trials/moderna-announces-preliminary-booster-data-updates-strategy-address-omicron-variant-19889.html

> "Given the long-term threat demonstrated by Omicron's immune
> escape, Moderna will also continue to develop an
> Omicron-specific variant vaccine (mRNA-1273.529) that it
> expects to advance into clinical trials in early 2022 and will
> evaluate including Omicron in its multivalent booster program."

>But Pfizer seems to be putting its resources into 1) boosters of their
>current vaccine, because the numbers on it are still good by
>immunological standards, 2) clinical trials of their current vaccine
>with preschool-age children, and 3) their anti-COVID pill. My main
>reservation with their anti-COVID pill is that even though its numbers
>are good, it's supposed to be taken early in the infection to be really
>effective, but the people likely to need it the most, the unvaccinated,
>seem to feel they can do just fine until their oxygen saturation dips
>really low, at which time it may be too late to get much benefit from
>the pill. My secondary reservation about putting too much faith in the
>anti-COVID pill is that it's not really designed to prevent community
>spread.

The vaccines aren't really designed to prevent community spread! By the
time symptoms appear, the infected individual has been superspreading
for days but he probably past his superspreading period.

WE DON'T HAVE A TEST TO IDENTIFY INDIVIDUALS IN A SUPERSPREADING PERIOD
AND THEY HAVE NO OBVIOUS SYMPTOMS. THEREFORE, EVEN TAKING THE PILL EVEN
UPON FIRST NOTICING SYMPTOMS, IT'S TOO LATE TO PREVENT COMMUNITY SPREAD.

Get it?

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<srhsmd$am7$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136254&group=rec.arts.tv#136254

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 18:08:13 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 18:08 UTC

MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree) writes:

> But Pfizer seems to be putting its resources into 1) boosters of their
> current vaccine, because the numbers on it are still good by
> immunological standards, 2) clinical trials of their current vaccine
> with preschool-age children, and 3) their anti-COVID pill. My main
> reservation with their anti-COVID pill is that even though its numbers
> are good, it's supposed to be taken early in the infection to be
> really effective, but the people likely to need it the most, the
> unvaccinated, seem to feel they can do just fine until their oxygen
> saturation dips really low, at which time it may be too late to get
> much benefit from the pill. My secondary reservation about putting
> too much faith in the anti-COVID pill is that it's not really designed
> to prevent community spread.

Wait, this just in:

"Pfizer CEO says omicron vaccine will be ready in March"

<https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/covid-vaccine-pfizer-ceo-says-omicron-vaccine-will-be-ready-in-march.html>

-Micky

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<srht0e$n4i$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136258&group=rec.arts.tv#136258

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 18:13:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 18:13 UTC

Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:

>Wait, this just in:

> "Pfizer CEO says omicron vaccine will be ready in March"

>https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/covid-vaccine-pfizer-ceo-says-omicron-vaccine-will-be-ready-in-march.html

I guess I should have waited to get a booster. No point in getting
another booste in June, with another variant out there.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<r5%CJ.81825$xe2.38978@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136264&group=rec.arts.tv#136264

just not happening
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:41:26 -0500
 by: moviePig - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 18:41 UTC

On 1/10/2022 1:13 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:
>
>> Wait, this just in:
>
>> "Pfizer CEO says omicron vaccine will be ready in March"
>
>> https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/covid-vaccine-pfizer-ceo-says-omicron-vaccine-will-be-ready-in-march.html
>
> I guess I should have waited to get a booster. No point in getting
> another booster in June, with another variant out there.

Not necessarily. A 3rd shot apparently elicits Omicron antibodies.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<srhv6o$oqc$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136266&group=rec.arts.tv#136266

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:51:04 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 18:51 UTC

In article <srht0e$n4i$4@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
> Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:

>>Wait, this just in:
>>
>> "Pfizer CEO says omicron vaccine will be ready in March"
>>
>>https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/covid-vaccine-pfizer-ceo-says-omicron-vaccine-will-be-ready-in-march.html
>
>I guess I should have waited to get a booster. No point in getting
>another booste in June, with another variant out there.

Is there where the liberal media question how they made it so quickly?

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sri0ja$ssjj$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136273&group=rec.arts.tv#136273

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 11:14:50 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 19:14 UTC

On 1/10/2022 10:41 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 1/10/2022 1:13 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:
>>
>>> Wait, this just in:
>>
>>>      "Pfizer CEO says omicron vaccine will be ready in March"
>>
>>> https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/covid-vaccine-pfizer-ceo-says-omicron-vaccine-will-be-ready-in-march.html
>>>

>> I guess I should have waited to get a booster. No point in getting
>> another booster in June, with another variant out there.
>
> Not necessarily.  A 3rd shot apparently elicits Omicron antibodies.

But by June, there might be an even newer variant.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<2t0DJ.12017$jW.8886@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136299&group=rec.arts.tv#136299

just not happening
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:14:53 -0500
 by: moviePig - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 20:14 UTC

On 1/10/2022 2:14 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 1/10/2022 10:41 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>> I guess I should have waited to get a booster. No point in getting
>>> another booster in June, with another variant out there.
>>
>> Not necessarily.  A 3rd shot apparently elicits Omicron antibodies.
>
> But by June, there might be an even newer variant.

Yes. However, the current booster isn't specific to Omicron. The best
guess at explaining its observed effect is that its timing -- as a third
widely-spaced challenge -- rousts an additional mechanism.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<CuudnYL_4IUbCkH8nZ2dnUU7-alQAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136308&group=rec.arts.tv#136308

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid
strain just not happening
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:31:02 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 20:31 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
> On 1/10/2022 10:41 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>> I guess I should have waited to get a booster. No point in getting
>>> another booster in June, with another variant out there.
>>
>> Not necessarily.  A 3rd shot apparently elicits Omicron antibodies.
>
> But by June, there might be an even newer variant.

That's right about the time we should be expecting the Midterms Variant to
emerge.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<sri52t$j42$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136309&group=rec.arts.tv#136309

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 20:31:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 20:31 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 1/10/2022 10:41 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>>I guess I should have waited to get a booster. No point in getting
>>>another booster in June, with another variant out there.

>>Not necessarily. A 3rd shot apparently elicits Omicron antibodies.

>But by June, there might be an even newer variant.

T-cells are able to recognize Omicron, somewhat. This is the body's
immune system last line of defense. It isn't as effective as being able
to recognize the spike protein, which is why there's not as much
protection against Omicron as Delta.

I heard this from the expert panel on C-SPAN a couple of weeks ago.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<t0aptg156hnq7ao47cb0uist2bblnk86no@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136332&group=rec.arts.tv#136332

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:42:52 -0500
 by: shawn - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 21:42 UTC

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 11:14:50 -0800, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>On 1/10/2022 10:41 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>> I guess I should have waited to get a booster. No point in getting
>>> another booster in June, with another variant out there.
>>
>> Not necessarily.  A 3rd shot apparently elicits Omicron antibodies.
>
>But by June, there might be an even newer variant.

We already have the Deltacron variant that includes traits of both the
Delta and Omicron viruses. I'm sure there will be yet more variants
given so many hosts to breed in.

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<srj85j$1m3f$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136423&group=rec.arts.tv#136423

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 00:30:10 -0600
 by: trotsky - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 06:30 UTC

On 1/10/2022 2:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Not necessarily.  A 3rd shot apparently elicits Omicron antibodies.
>>
>> But by June, there might be an even newer variant.
>
> That's right about the time we should be expecting the Midterms Variant to
> emerge.

To allow right wing assholes to suppress the vote?

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<e593adb0-a7a6-4033-95b2-640445c0a9bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136424&group=rec.arts.tv#136424

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 22:37:32 -0800 (PST)
just not happening
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 06:37 UTC

On Monday, 10 January 2022 at 16:42:58 UTC-5, shawn wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 11:14:50 -0800, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com> wrote:

> >> Not necessarily. A 3rd shot apparently elicits Omicron antibodies.
> >
> >But by June, there might be an even newer variant.
> We already have the Deltacron variant that includes traits of both the
> Delta and Omicron viruses. I'm sure there will be yet more variants
> given so many hosts to breed in.

The Chicken Littles and welfare bums leap for joy, if they intend to restrict us every time a new variant emerges. It's NO WORSE than the FLU and we never did ANY of this for a FLU!!

Re: Oh look; as predicted, hospitalizations from new Covid strain just not happening

<srjm87$1mhd$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136442&group=rec.arts.tv#136442

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
just not happening
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 04:30:30 -0600
 by: trotsky - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 10:30 UTC

On 1/11/2022 12:37 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Monday, 10 January 2022 at 16:42:58 UTC-5, shawn wrote:

>>> But by June, there might be an even newer variant.
>> We already have the Deltacron variant that includes traits of both the
>> Delta and Omicron viruses. I'm sure there will be yet more variants
>> given so many hosts to breed in.
>
> The Chicken Littles and welfare bums

Well anonyshitted and vegetable'd.