If you are going to walk on thin ice, you may as well dance.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

SubjectAuthor
* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersBlueshirt
`* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersThe Other Doctor
 +- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersThe Last Doctor
 +* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersAndy Leighton
 |`- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersBlueshirt
 +* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersThe Other Doctor
 |+* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersThe Other Doctor
 ||`* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65
 || +* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilerssolar penguin
 || |+- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersThe Last Doctor
 || |`* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilerssolar penguin
 || | `* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilerssolar penguin
 || |  `* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65
 || |   `* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65
 || |    `* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65
 || |     `- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65
 || `* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65
 ||  `* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65
 ||   `- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65
 |`* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65
 | `- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65
 +* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilerssolar penguin
 |`- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilerssolar penguin
 `* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersBlueshirt
  +* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilerssolar penguin
  |`* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilerssolar penguin
  | +* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilerssolar penguin
  | |`- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilerssolar penguin
  | `- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65
  +* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersBlueshirt
  |+* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilerssolar penguin
  ||`- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersThe Last Doctor
  |`- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersBlueshirt
  +* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersBlueshirt
  |+- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersBlueshirt
  |`- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersBlueshirt
  `* Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersBlueshirt
   `- Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with SpoilersDaniel65

Pages:12
Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<t3p2ba$sl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6233&group=rec.arts.drwho#6233

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 13:37:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:FmKpYwgf2wy6CXfj2XWt12giqqg=
 by: solar penguin - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 13:37 UTC

Tim typed:
> On Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 1:33:02 AM UTC-7,
> solar penguin wrote:
>>
>> Tim typed:

>>> Yads clearly thinks that "repactable fans" > the "suckups"!
>>>
>> He isn’t a BBC executive. We were discussing what BBC
>> executives would do.
>>
>> The executives don’t know or even care about what Yads
>> thinks. (They’re lucky!)
>
> But they should logically be worried about the viewership
> dropping by 1.01 million just since Eve of the Daleks!

Even if they are worried, their response is just going to
be, “Let’s wait and see what happens with RTD in charge
again.”

If and only if RTD can’t fix things on his own, then they’ll
be forced to take action. And even then it almost certainly
won’t involve a special emergency meeting to remove
Doctors from canon in a Dallas-style dream sequence!

--
solar penguin

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<t3pquj$m6j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6241&group=rec.arts.drwho#6241

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 20:37:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 20:37 UTC

The Doctor wrote:
> In article <t3o9io$4m0$1@dont-email.88>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> They can order RTD to retcon the entire Jodie Era.
> >
> > RTD will take the show in the direction that he wants, and he'll
> > very probably just ignore a lot of what went on during Jodie's
> > era... the 14th Doctor will be a new era for the show.
>
> If RTD decides to retcon the Timeless child, ratings would hit a
> record!

No, they wouldn't. Traditional TV ratings are generally on a downward
trend as more and more people move to streaming or time delay viewing
so they can watch TV shows at a time that suits their needs. "Doctor
Who" ratings could go up from where they are now obviously, but I
seriously doubt they would hit record highs.

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<t3psgo$383$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6244&group=rec.arts.drwho#6244

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 21:04:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 21:04 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <t3o9iq$4m0$4@dont-email.88>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:

> >> OR cancel the special and give a clear warning
> >> to the next showrunner to retcon The Timeless child.
> >
> > Don't be stupid! The next "Doctor Who" episode will [probably] end
> > with the regeneration of the 13th Doctor. So logically, if that
> > episode was cancelled you'd be stuck with the 13th Doctor forever!!!
> >

> That can change.

It won't!

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<t3pshv$3h0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6245&group=rec.arts.drwho#6245

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 21:05:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 21:05 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <t3o9iq$4m0$4@dont-email.88>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:

> >> OR cancel the special and give a clear warning
> >> to the next showrunner to retcon The Timeless child.
> >
> > Don't be stupid! The next "Doctor Who" episode will [probably] end
> > with the regeneration of the 13th Doctor. So logically, if that
> > episode was cancelled you'd be stuck with the 13th Doctor forever!!!
> >

> That can change.

It won't!

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<t3rh7i$2v4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6287&group=rec.arts.drwho#6287

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 22:04:02 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:04 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 21/4/22 12:37 am:
> In article <t3p1ma$qsq$1@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 20/04/2022 1:31 pm:
>>> In article <t3n67n$b8d$1@dont-email.me>, solar penguin
>>> <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <Snip>

>>> Hicks like Peris Wenger!
>>
>> Who the hell is "Peris Wenger", clown??
>>
>> I fed it into DuckDuckGo and it came up with lots of articles
>> about "Piers Wenger" and a lot of Photos of "Peris Wenger", but,
>> when you clicked on the photos, the person featured became "Piers
>> Wenger", clown.

> You got it correct , Dannyboy!

So why didn't YOU, clown??

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<t3rhg2$6e0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6289&group=rec.arts.drwho#6289

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 22:08:31 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:08 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 21/4/22 12:38 am:
> In article <t3p234$ugr$1@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 19/04/2022 11:53 pm:
>>> In article
>>> <bdb4da8f-43f3-4bcc-b13e-509c71387817n@googlegroups.com>,
>>> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:

<Snip>

>>> Agreed with you Tim!
>>>
>>> Further!!
>>>
>>> From
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13469822/reviews/?ref_=tt_ql_urv
>>>
>>> 2/10 *Devils of the Caribbean* bosporan18 April 2022 Carelessly
>>> written and earnestly delivered dialogue with dreadful diction
>>> made my ears bleed!
>>>
>>> Actors standing stiff on their heels on second-rate sets and an
>>> effects abomination made my eyes bleed!
>>>
>>> An appearance from Jack Sparrow might have rescued this
>>> unremitting cluster-muddle!
>>
>> "Devils of the Caribbean"?? When the hell was this episode shown,
>> cause that's not the title of the episode I watched a few days
>> ago??

> Never heard of Priates in the Caribbean?

No, clown!! I've NEVER, EVER heard of "Priates in the Caribbean", clown!!

"Pirates in the Caribbean", sure, but that's got bugger all to do with
'Doctor Who', clown!!

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<t3ri2v$9n8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6290&group=rec.arts.drwho#6290

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 22:18:38 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:18 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 20/4/22 11:57 pm:
> In article <t3o9iq$4m0$5@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> Sensible suggestion.
>>
>> Only the two dimwits of RADW would think that was a "sensible"
>> suggestion.
>
> That was Tim, not Me or TTD!

Well, done, clown, for recognising that YOU, clown, and Aggy are 'the
two dimwits of RADW', clown!!

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<t3riai$d25$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6291&group=rec.arts.drwho#6291

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 22:22:39 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:22 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 21/4/22 12:01 am:
> In article <t3oasu$d2p$2@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Binky bleated:

>>> You get the respactable fans back and not the suckups!
>>
>> Do you think the BBC executives care whether the fans
>> watching are the “respectable” ones or not? Do you think
>> they care enough to hold a special emergency meeting
>> about it?
>>
>> And since you’ve been watching the show all this time,
>> does that make you a non-respectable suckup?
>
> Crtics are not suckups!
>
> Besides this is worse numbers than the late 1980s!!

And, in the late '80's the public had, what, five or so channels to
choose from, whereas now they probably have 55 or so channels to choose
from, clown!!

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<t3u6rv$gts$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6356&group=rec.arts.drwho#6356

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 22:25:35 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 12:25 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 22/4/22 7:11 am:
> In article <t3rh7i$2v4$2@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 21/4/22 12:37 am:

>>> You got it correct , Dannyboy!
>>
>> So why didn't YOU, clown??

> Fast typing Dannyboy.
>
> Not even a spell checker would catch that.

Whenever YOU, clown, did use a spellchecker, clown, YOU, clown MUST have
used a crap spellchecker, clown!!

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<t3u70h$gts$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6357&group=rec.arts.drwho#6357

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 22:28:01 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 12:28 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 22/4/22 7:12 am:
> In article <t3rhg2$6e0$1@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 21/4/22 12:38 am:
>>
>> <Snip>

>>> Never heard of Priates in the Caribbean?
>>
>> No, clown!! I've NEVER, EVER heard of "Priates in the Caribbean",
>> clown!!
>>
>> "Pirates in the Caribbean", sure, but that's got bugger all to do
>> with 'Doctor Who', clown!!

> Not according to those who say PotC!

I dare YOU, clown, or anybody to say 'Potc", clown!!

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<t40vgj$j3u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6411&group=rec.arts.drwho#6411

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 23:38:25 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:38 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 23/4/22 1:18 am:
> In article <t3u6rv$gts$1@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 22/4/22 7:11 am:

>> any hicks.

>>> Fast typing Dannyboy.
>>>
>>> Not even a spell checker would catch that.
>>
>> Whenever YOU, clown, did use a spellchecker, clown, YOU, clown MUST
>> have used a crap spellchecker, clown!!

> And then there is your double poke/pike.

What's YOUR problem, clown?? 'poke' and 'pike' are two legitimate words
in the English Language, clown!! I just chose the wrong one, clown!!

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<tnp8kk$7rv3$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13773&group=rec.arts.drwho#13773

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 19:50:31 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 19 Dec 2022 08:50 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 18/12/22 9:59 pm:
> Great moments: The flying Sea Devil ship!
>
> The big sinkhole on the ocean floor!

"flying .... ship" and "ocean floor" sinkholes seem to be diametrically
opposed, Tim!!
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who - Legends of the Sea Devils review with Spoilers

<tnpb83$8368$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13783&group=rec.arts.drwho#13783

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 20:35:02 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 19 Dec 2022 09:35 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 19/12/22 8:05 pm:
> On Monday, December 19, 2022 at 12:50:30 AM UTC-8, Daniel65 wrote:
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 18/12/22 9:59 pm:
>>> Great moments: The flying Sea Devil ship!
>>>
>>> The big sinkhole on the ocean floor!
>>>
>> "flying .... ship" and "ocean floor" sinkholes seem to be
>> diametrically opposed, Tim!!
>
> I seem to remember the Sea Devil ship rising out of the sinkhole to
> the ocean surface, and then flying.

Oh!! O.K., then.
--
Daniel