You may be marching to the beat of a different drummer, but you're still in the parade.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonight

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
+* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
|`* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| +* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| |`* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| | +* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| | |`* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
| | | `- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| | +- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| | `* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| |  `* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| |   `* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| |    +* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| |    |`* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| |    | +* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| |    | |+- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonighttrotsky
| |    | |`* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
| |    | | `* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
| |    | |  `- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
| |    | `- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonighttrotsky
| |    `- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonighttrotsky
| +- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightsuzeeq
| `* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
|  `- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
+* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
|+- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
|+- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonighttrotsky
|`* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
| `* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
|  `- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
`* Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig
 `- Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonightmoviePig

Pages:12
Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonight

<dQ5pK.121272$5fVf.49910@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142957&group=rec.arts.tv#142957

Subject: Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonight
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 15:14:16 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 19:14 UTC

On 6/11/2022 1:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <rR1pK.120783$5fVf.59591@fx09.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> Remember when Democrat protesters stormed the U.S. Capitol in 2018, took
>>> over the Senate Building, and tried to force their way into the Kavanaugh
>>> confirmation hearings?
>>>
>>> Democrat legislators and the corporate media cheered them on. I must have
>>> missed the primetime bread and circuses theater for that...
>>
>> You consider a judge equivalent to a head-of-state?
>
> More with the "it's okay because their target didn't have some special
> sanctification" excuse?

More with the "it's okay" about something nobody said was okay?

> First you dismissed any comparison of Jan6 to the orgy of violence that
> was the 2020 Summer of Love because of all the thousands of buildings
> looted, damaged, and destroyed (to include government buildings and
> federal courthouses) that summer, none of them had the special
> sanctification of the U.S. Capitol Building, not even the White House,
> which was also put under siege by a leftist mob during the Summer of
> Love. Your theory was that of all the millions of buildings in the
> entire nation, only one is (conveniently) off limits for protesters to
> breach or damage.

No, I said Jan6 was sedition ...which is irrespective of looting, etc.

> Now, when it's pointed out that a leftist mob *also* breached that one
> sanctified building, in your efforts to excuse and dismiss it, you've
> switched to claiming that there's one special sanctified government
> official out all the hundreds of thousands in the federal government who
> must not be the subject a mob's ire.
>
> Which is weird because the building you've sanctified isn't where the
> official you've sanctified resides. The sanctified official resides in
> the White House but according to your standards, the White House is a
> legitimate target of political protest for outraged mobs to overrun,
> just not the Capitol.

My point -- which I botched -- is that almost anything to do with
Kavanaugh is less significant than almost anything to do with Trump.

Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonight

<W26pK.84125$ntj.78608@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142958&group=rec.arts.tv#142958

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 15:29:58 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 19:29 UTC

On 6/11/2022 1:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <5W1pK.67512$X_i.55612@fx18.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> Well, in my state, Democrats literally control every aspect of government
>>> from top to bottom, so who else would be responsible for whatever problems
>>> there are if not them?
>>
>> Well, there's Californians...
>
> Who are also overwhelmingly Democrats, hence the single-party rule.
>
>>> That's the double-edged sword of single-party rule. You get to do whatever
>>> you want without opposition, but when things go wrong, there's no one
>>> else to blame.
>>
>> And, thank God there's someone to blame. That way, we can imagine that
>> getting rid of them approximates a solution...
>
> Maybe I was too clear in what I wrote. I know you're not used to
> straightforwardness and clarity, after all. I said there's *not* anyone
> else to blame single-party rule when things go wrong.

Yes, you were "too clear" that your First Principle is to assign blame
to the lowest-hanging fruit, i.e., the Party In Power, when it might be
that you're just playing a perpetual Whack-A-Mole game with two holes.

Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonight

<8L6pK.96607$J0r9.39041@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142959&group=rec.arts.tv#142959

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:17:07 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 20:17 UTC

On 6/11/2022 3:21 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2022 at 12:14:16 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/11/2022 1:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> More with the "it's okay because their target didn't have some special
>>> sanctification" excuse?
>>
>> More with the "it's okay" about something nobody said was okay?
>>
>>> First you dismissed any comparison of Jan6 to the orgy of violence that
>>> was the 2020 Summer of Love because of all the thousands of buildings
>>> looted, damaged, and destroyed (to include government buildings and
>>> federal courthouses) that summer, none of them had the special
>>> sanctification of the U.S. Capitol Building, not even the White House,
>>> which was also put under siege by a leftist mob during the Summer of
>>> Love. Your theory was that of all the millions of buildings in the
>>> entire nation, only one is (conveniently) off limits for protesters to
>>> breach or damage.
>>
>> No, I said Jan6 was sedition ...which is irrespective of looting, etc.
>
> No, you and Effa Pee Pee both maintained that the U.S. Capitol building has
> some kind of quasi-religious status that makes it special and therefore off
> limits for the same kind violent sieges we'd been seeing from BLM and Antifa
> across the country up to that point.

Feel free to quote otherwise, but... I doubt anyone said it's Mecca.
It's merely our *seat of government*. And it was attacked as such.

Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonight

<DR6pK.7894$x7oc.435@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142960&group=rec.arts.tv#142960

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:24:02 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 20:24 UTC

On 6/11/2022 3:47 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2022 at 12:29:58 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/11/2022 1:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Who are also overwhelmingly Democrats, hence the single-party rule.

>>> Maybe I was too clear in what I wrote. I know you're not used to
>>> straightforwardness and clarity, after all. I said there's *not* anyone
>>> else to blame single-party rule when things go wrong.
>>
>> Yes, you were "too clear" that your First Principle is to assign blame
>> to the lowest-hanging fruit, i.e., the Party In Power
>
> So because Democrats are running everything here, that makes them "low-hanging
> fruit" and easy to identify as responsible when things go wrong. And since
> that makes it so easy to blame them, they should not be blamed. Instead, we
> should blame the Republicans who literally have no power-- or even more
> ridiculously, blame Trump-- like Gavin Newsom and all his cronies in the state
> assembly do?

Of course they're to be blamed if their policies differ radically from
what the Republicans would (actually) do, and if those policies are
clearly responsible for the various calamities. But I doubt that any
politician or Internet-pundit has undertaken such clean-slate analysis.

> Again, if Democrats are running everything, why would Trump, a few straggler
> Republicans with no power, or anyone else be to blame for all the mess created
> by the policies and legislation *they* implement?

Take that up with someone who's made a clear assignment of 'blame'...

Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonight

<lA8pK.16485$gjlb.3175@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142961&group=rec.arts.tv#142961

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 18:22:09 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 22:22 UTC

On 6/11/2022 5:59 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 9, 2022 at 9:45:43 PM PDT, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> In article <VZadnVtN9cYgGz__nZ2dnUU7-bXNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
>> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>> "$300 million" my ass, they've spent $2.5 million as of Apr. 1 and are
>> on track to spend $9.3 million by the end of the year.
>>
>> Cost of the Benghazi investigation: $7.8 million
>>
>> Republican Capitol riot costs: $30+ million

>>> After spending $94 to fill up this morning, I could care less about January
>>> 6th. The Dems' obsession with J6 and Trump are going to cost them 100 seats
>> in the House this November.
>>
>> <worlds smallest violin playing my heart bleeds for you>
>
> Never forget January 6th!
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdeehocz5okmz0l/Jan6.png?dl=0

A remarkable equivalence to draw...

Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonight

<do9pK.108918$45E8.19321@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142962&group=rec.arts.tv#142962

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 19:17:29 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 23:17 UTC

On 6/11/2022 6:47 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2022 at 3:22:09 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/11/2022 5:59 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Never forget January 6th!
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdeehocz5okmz0l/Jan6.png?dl=0
>>
>> A remarkable equivalence to draw...
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1luwmx1z26svvs/YourPresident.png?dl=0

Too many words. You'll overwhelm those you mean to convince...

Re: Be sure and watch the Democrat Distraction Circus tonight

<AaqpK.129149$5fVf.70522@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142983&group=rec.arts.tv#142983

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
<Y2voK.71975$Fikb.4812@fx33.iad> <t7u1om$1r3ad$2@solani.org>
<6pednTJqBNKTKz__nZ2dnUU7-QfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <t7uj5h$1rc16$1@solani.org>
<atropos-E43AE8.22051709062022@news.giganews.com>
<9ou6ahtt4assn8641kri9a3qgkss9d0r0f@4ax.com>
<super70s-AF886F.02065111062022@reader01.eternal-september.org>
<a%1pK.8073$sW.1773@fx37.iad>
<super70s-42C84F.18243711062022@reader01.eternal-september.org>
<qkcpK.67702$ssF.63295@fx14.iad> <t842pm$1du5$8@gioia.aioe.org>
<oQmpK.16486$gjlb.5344@fx44.iad> <t853ls$9fk$1@gioia.aioe.org>
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 14:23:25 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 18:23 UTC

On 6/12/2022 12:19 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 6/12/2022 9:35 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>> I thought you liked Ti West?  And yet you're agreeing with a guy that
>>> thinks one of his multiple excellent films is a fucking joke
>>> deserving to be found in a budget bin.  You're weird--you're not
>>> stupid, and yet sometimes just come off as utterly clueless like
>>> this.  I'm mystified.
>>
>> I'm not sure why you think I don't like West.  Quite a bit, in fact.
>
> I just gave you the reason.  I would have thought you'd put in a good
> word for West as a filmmaker to Friend.  So I'm still mystified,
> possibly even flabbergasted, but not quite discombobulated.

I understand the reaction of someone who approached the movie with no
inkling that it was a deliberate roman à clef rather than a ripoff.