Kindness is the beginning of cruelty. -- Muad'dib [Frank Herbert, "Dune"]

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
|| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)suzeeq
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)BTR1701
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
|| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)BTR1701
||  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous
||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
|||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
||| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)A Friend
|||  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
|| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
||  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
||   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Adam H. Kerman
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Adam H. Kerman
|   +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
|   |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)A Friend
|   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)A Friend
|    `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Adam H. Kerman
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)Nomen Nescio

Pages:12
Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)

<t9k5sm$1teec$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143951&group=rec.arts.tv#143951

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 12:45:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 12:45 UTC

A Friend wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>. . .

>>Page not found

>>Thanks!

>No trouble here. Try

>https://tinyurl.com/44w8kxzd

The issue wasn't the long URL. I have no trouble re-assembling those. I
tried it again this morning. It isn't giving me trouble right now.
However, when I try to look at the site's home page, it still isn't
displaying images.

It seems to be a CSS issue for when I don't allow CSS rendering, the
images display.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)

<t9kl8n$1vemb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143989&group=rec.arts.tv#143989

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:07:34 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:07 UTC

On 6/29/2022 8:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

snip

>> I watched:
>>

>> Superman & Lois - "Waiting for Superman" - Pretty good season finale.
>> They went all out for this one as Superman has to stop the end of the
>> world. Then surprisingly they wrapped things up early then had a
>> lengthy coda. But, as the apocalypse was looming and I kept wondering
>> where are the other heroes, they just flat out said that while there are
>> other worlds with other superheroes, Superman is the only superhero on
>> their Earth. They were practically looking at the camera and waiving a
>> finger at the audience when they said it. So um, explain Diggle!!!! To
>> be clear, not just Diggle who showed up a while back, but Diggle who
>> showed up again in the finale. Actually, I did get a strong impression
>> that this "new" Diggle was a retcon. It was like they made a point to
>> include him just so they could say this is a different Diggle and pay no
>> attention to the man behind the curtain.
>>

> Not only diggle but a diggle who knows about other earths. I think he’s
> definitely a different Diggle than the one who was around when reverse
> flash died last week. Who was it that floated around appearing on different
> planets before the original crisis? Harbinger?
>
> Has Diggle appeared on the stuff that we know for sure is an alternate
> earths like Naomi or Stargirl?

I dropped Naomi. I'm sure he hasn't been on Stargirl.

snip

> Then they take the two unmerged super villainasses and stick them in the
> same cage and not you know drop them in opposite oceans or something.

I know! My jaw dropped at that. Might as well let the Wonder Twins
share a cell while they're at it.

> At the end Superman decides to build a new fortress of solitude out in the
> middle of the ocean.

You gave them more credit than I did. I had visions of locals boating
out to the fortress. I mean if their tiny boat got there, then anyone's
tiny boat can get there. Unless Superman flew the boat out which would
contract his claim that anyone in the family can get there without
flying. So it *has* to be close enough for a tiny boat to get to.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)

<864835518.678305160.922646.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144011&group=rec.arts.tv#144011

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 11:13:13 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:13 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 6/29/2022 8:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> snip
>>>

>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> Superman & Lois - "Waiting for Superman" - Pretty good season finale.
>>> They went all out for this one as Superman has to stop the end of the
>>> world. Then surprisingly they wrapped things up early then had a
>>> lengthy coda. But, as the apocalypse was looming and I kept wondering
>>> where are the other heroes, they just flat out said that while there are
>>> other worlds with other superheroes, Superman is the only superhero on
>>> their Earth. They were practically looking at the camera and waiving a
>>> finger at the audience when they said it. So um, explain Diggle!!!! To
>>> be clear, not just Diggle who showed up a while back, but Diggle who
>>> showed up again in the finale. Actually, I did get a strong impression
>>> that this "new" Diggle was a retcon. It was like they made a point to
>>> include him just so they could say this is a different Diggle and pay no
>>> attention to the man behind the curtain.
>>>

>> Not only diggle but a diggle who knows about other earths. I think he’s
>> definitely a different Diggle than the one who was around when reverse
>> flash died last week. Who was it that floated around appearing on different
>> planets before the original crisis? Harbinger?
>>
>> Has Diggle appeared on the stuff that we know for sure is an alternate
>> earths like Naomi or Stargirl?
>>

> I dropped Naomi. I'm sure he hasn't been on Stargirl.
>
> snip
>>
>> Then they take the two unmerged super villainasses and stick them in the
>> same cage and not you know drop them in opposite oceans or something.
>>

> I know! My jaw dropped at that. Might as well let the Wonder Twins
> share a cell while they're at it.

Hee hee

>> At the end Superman decides to build a new fortress of solitude out in the
>> middle of the ocean.
>

> You gave them more credit than I did. I had visions of locals boating
> out to the fortress. I mean if their tiny boat got there, then anyone's
> tiny boat can get there. Unless Superman flew the boat out which would
> contract his claim that anyone in the family can get there without
> flying. So it *has* to be close enough for a tiny boat to get to.

But they live in Kansas. And unlike SMALLVILLE Kansas isn’t a seaport state
in this version. So any unpowered members of the Kent family are going to
have to fly to wherever you get on the boat!

And what did he do with the old fortress? And did he just move his mother
or has he got two of them now?

I still don’t understand how Tal is buying stuff from the Bizzarro
dimension. Or why he wants to live on a red sun world anyway.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-28 (Tuesday)

<t9l49g$216b9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144042&group=rec.arts.tv#144042

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:23:58 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 21:23 UTC

On 6/30/2022 11:13 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>> snip

>>> Not only diggle but a diggle who knows about other earths. I think he’s
>>> definitely a different Diggle than the one who was around when reverse
>>> flash died last week. Who was it that floated around appearing on different
>>> planets before the original crisis? Harbinger?
>>>
>>> Has Diggle appeared on the stuff that we know for sure is an alternate
>>> earths like Naomi or Stargirl?
>>>

>> I dropped Naomi. I'm sure he hasn't been on Stargirl.
>>
>> snip
>>>
>>> Then they take the two unmerged super villainasses and stick them in the
>>> same cage and not you know drop them in opposite oceans or something.
>>>

>> I know! My jaw dropped at that. Might as well let the Wonder Twins
>> share a cell while they're at it.
>
> Hee hee
>

>>> At the end Superman decides to build a new fortress of solitude out in the
>>> middle of the ocean.
>>

>> You gave them more credit than I did. I had visions of locals boating
>> out to the fortress. I mean if their tiny boat got there, then anyone's
>> tiny boat can get there. Unless Superman flew the boat out which would
>> contract his claim that anyone in the family can get there without
>> flying. So it *has* to be close enough for a tiny boat to get to.
>>

> But they live in Kansas. And unlike SMALLVILLE Kansas isn’t a seaport state
> in this version. So any unpowered members of the Kent family are going to
> have to fly to wherever you get on the boat!

True. On the other hand Kansas has lakes and rivers... Neither options
looks good!

> And what did he do with the old fortress? And did he just move his mother
> or has he got two of them now?

I think he said she's at the new fortress now. I'm not at all clear on
why they had to get rid of the old one.

> I still don’t understand how Tal is buying stuff from the Bizzarro
> dimension. Or why he wants to live on a red sun world anyway.

He sent the gifts before he changed universes. My guess is they are
setting him up to be the new Bizarro.