6 May, 2024: The networking issue during the past two days has been identified and may be fixed. Will keep monitoring.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayRhino
+* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayDimensional Traveler
|`* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayRhino
| +* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayRhino
| |+* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayshawn
| ||+- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayanim8rfsk
| ||`* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayanim8rfsk
| || `* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayBTR1701
| ||  `* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayanim8rfsk
| ||   +* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayBTR1701
| ||   |`- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayanim8rfsk
| ||   `* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the daysuper70s
| ||    +* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayBTR1701
| ||    |+- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayshawn
| ||    |`- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the daytrotsky
| ||    +- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayRhino
| ||    `* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the daysuzeeq
| ||     `* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayBTR1701
| ||      +* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the daysuzeeq
| ||      |`* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayBTR1701
| ||      | `- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the daytrotsky
| ||      +* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayanim8rfsk
| ||      |`* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayBTR1701
| ||      | +- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayanim8rfsk
| ||      | `- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the daytrotsky
| ||      `- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the daytrotsky
| |+- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the daysuzeeq
| |`- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayThe Horny Goat
| `* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayanim8rfsk
|  +* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayRhino
|  |+* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayshawn
|  ||+- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayanim8rfsk
|  ||`- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayRhino
|  |+* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayBTR1701
|  ||`- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayRhino
|  |`* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayanim8rfsk
|  | `* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayRhino
|  |  `- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayanim8rfsk
|  `* Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayshawn
|   `- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayanim8rfsk
+- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the daytrotsky
`- Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the dayVlady Jordan@GitmoCincyChiliTent

Pages:12
Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<super70s-4F8D58.15160218072022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147686&group=rec.arts.tv#147686

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 15:16:02 -0500
 by: super70s - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 20:16 UTC

In article
<1463446609.679857760.605349.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >> vermin infestation in Toronto so no one cared.
> >>>
> >> Uber and lift not only won’t let you have guns they won’t even let you
> >> transport them in a box.
> >
> > I've got news for them...
> >

> Yes?

Sounds like a great idea for an invention (if it already hasn't been
invented), a magnetometer that can detect people getting in cars who are
packin'. Seems like all you'd have to do is wire the area around the
back doors and have that hooked up to the main unit.

Four or five years ago I sold a riding lawn mower through a local
buy/sell site to a guy who showed up at my house with a gun and holster.
I guess some people are weary about meeting up for transactions but he
was on my turf, I thought it was pretty weird. Strange looking guy too,
luckily the sale happened without any problems (other than the usual
lowballing you run into with these situations -- maybe he thought the
gun helped).

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<zo6dnbDKz6IgWEj_nZ2dnUU7-aednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147689&group=rec.arts.tv#147689

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 15:42:37 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 20:42 UTC

On Jul 18, 2022 at 1:16:02 PM PDT, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
wrote:

> In article
> <1463446609.679857760.605349.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>> > I've got news for them...
>> >
>> Yes?
>
> Sounds like a great idea for an invention (if it already hasn't been
> invented), a magnetometer that can detect people getting in cars who are
> packin'. Seems like all you'd have to do is wire the area around the
> back doors and have that hooked up to the main unit.

And then go through an aggravating rigamarole every time a person gets in the
car with a cell phone, key ring, belt buckle, or anything else made of metal.

And unless they're going to refuse rides to cops, they're still gonna have
people riding armed in their cars. I Ubered to and from LAX every time I was
sent on a job trip. Armed every time.

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<3thbdhtt9mcopaahosor2qlgf4meb8dc5n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147691&group=rec.arts.tv#147691

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 16:53:13 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 20:53 UTC

On Mon, 18 Jul 2022 15:42:37 -0500, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Jul 18, 2022 at 1:16:02 PM PDT, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <1463446609.679857760.605349.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Yes?
>>
>> Sounds like a great idea for an invention (if it already hasn't been
>> invented), a magnetometer that can detect people getting in cars who are
>> packin'. Seems like all you'd have to do is wire the area around the
>> back doors and have that hooked up to the main unit.
>
>And then go through an aggravating rigamarole every time a person gets in the
>car with a cell phone, key ring, belt buckle, or anything else made of metal.
>
>And unless they're going to refuse rides to cops, they're still gonna have
>people riding armed in their cars. I Ubered to and from LAX every time I was
>sent on a job trip. Armed every time.

Though how many times did you have a visible weapon that the driver
saw and said nothing? My guess is that if the driver sees a weapon
there's going to be a problem unless the passenger makes it clear up
front that they are a LEO and that's why they are carrying.

Though I wonder how many criminals would take advantage of a concealed
carry permit to rob an Uber/Lyft/Taxi driver?

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<tb4htu$1j3f$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147695&group=rec.arts.tv#147695

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 16:05:02 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 21:05 UTC

On 7/18/2022 3:42 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2022 at 1:16:02 PM PDT, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <1463446609.679857760.605349.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Yes?
>>
>> Sounds like a great idea for an invention (if it already hasn't been
>> invented), a magnetometer that can detect people getting in cars who are
>> packin'. Seems like all you'd have to do is wire the area around the
>> back doors and have that hooked up to the main unit.
>
> And then go through an aggravating rigamarole every time a person gets in the
> car with a cell phone, key ring, belt buckle, or anything else made of metal.

Because the quantity of metal won't be an issue? It's no wonder why
you're a science denier, you don't know dick.

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<tb4il2$j66h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147700&group=rec.arts.tv#147700

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 17:17:19 -0400
 by: Rhino - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 21:17 UTC

On 2022-07-18 4:16 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article
> <1463446609.679857760.605349.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I've got news for them...
>>>

>> Yes?
>
> Sounds like a great idea for an invention (if it already hasn't been
> invented), a magnetometer that can detect people getting in cars who are
> packin'. Seems like all you'd have to do is wire the area around the
> back doors and have that hooked up to the main unit.
>

> Four or five years ago I sold a riding lawn mower through a local
> buy/sell site to a guy who showed up at my house with a gun and holster.
> I guess some people are weary about meeting up for transactions but he
> was on my turf, I thought it was pretty weird. Strange looking guy too,
> luckily the sale happened without any problems (other than the usual
> lowballing you run into with these situations -- maybe he thought the
> gun helped).

A few years back, there was a case here in Southern Ontario of a guy who
was trying to sell his pickup truck. A couple of guys came to look it
over and then asked for a test drive; the owner consented and left with
the two guys. He was never seen again. Before long, police determined
that the two guys had killed him and then incinerated him; both were
convicted of thee Bosma murder and also the murder of an ex of one of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dellen_Millard_and_Mark_Smich#Murder_of_Tim_Bosma

This got a lot of media attention in Ontario and possibly in your area
as well so this may have inspired your lawn mover buyer to pack some
heat when visiting strangers. Here in Ontario, it caused so much concern
that the police actually set up "safe buy" areas - one was in the police
station parking lot in the city where I lived at the time - so that
people could avoid the fate of Tim Bosma.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<tb4kog$dhor$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147709&group=rec.arts.tv#147709

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 14:53:20 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 21:53 UTC

On 7/18/2022 1:16 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article
> <1463446609.679857760.605349.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I've got news for them...
>>>

>> Yes?
>
> Sounds like a great idea for an invention (if it already hasn't been
> invented), a magnetometer that can detect people getting in cars who are
> packin'. Seems like all you'd have to do is wire the area around the
> back doors and have that hooked up to the main unit.
>

> Four or five years ago I sold a riding lawn mower through a local
> buy/sell site to a guy who showed up at my house with a gun and holster.
> I guess some people are weary about meeting up for transactions but he
> was on my turf, I thought it was pretty weird. Strange looking guy too,
> luckily the sale happened without any problems (other than the usual
> lowballing you run into with these situations -- maybe he thought the
> gun helped).

It's possible that it was one of those people who think they need a gun
to go to the grocery store and he's always armed.

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<COWdnZx-O-XGRkj_nZ2dnUU7-V2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147714&group=rec.arts.tv#147714

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 17:14:51 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 22:14 UTC

On Jul 18, 2022 at 2:53:20 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 7/18/2022 1:16 PM, super70s wrote:
>>
>> Four or five years ago I sold a riding lawn mower through a local
>> buy/sell site to a guy who showed up at my house with a gun and holster.
>> I guess some people are weary about meeting up for transactions but he
>> was on my turf, I thought it was pretty weird. Strange looking guy too,
>> luckily the sale happened without any problems (other than the usual
>> lowballing you run into with these situations -- maybe he thought the
>> gun helped).
>>
> It's possible that it was one of those people who think they need a gun
> to go to the grocery store and he's always armed.

You don't need a gun at the grocery store... until you do.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/nyregion/buffalo-shooting

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<152033548.679873604.366444.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147722&group=rec.arts.tv#147722

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 15:48:30 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 22:48 UTC

> On 2022-07-18 1:16 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> I stand corrected! I've never seen or even heard of a shotgun that takes
>>> a detachable magazine. What brand/model is it? I'd be interested in
>>> seeing a video of it.
>>>

>> Here’s an article about them in general. Mines closest to the first
>> picture:
>>
>> https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/the-top-5-magazine-fed-shotguns/
>>
>> The YouTube returns lots of hits for
>>
>> Mossberg 590M
>>
>> Hey! Here’s an unboxing video for my actual weapon:
>>
>> https://youtu.be/6wzPQlfVBWs
>>

> Thank you! Very enlightening!

:)

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<1869784953.679873623.912650.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147723&group=rec.arts.tv#147723

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 15:48:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 22:48 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2022 at 10:31:55 AM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I've got news for them...
>>>
>> Yes?
>
> They have people riding with guns all the time.

You would think. But the rules are such that if they catch you you get your
ride privileges revoked, presumably forever since I already can’t use Lyft
if Uber dumps me I’m in trouble.

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<tb4t2c$dlvm$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147733&group=rec.arts.tv#147733

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 17:15:08 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 00:15 UTC

On 7/18/2022 3:14 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2022 at 2:53:20 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7/18/2022 1:16 PM, super70s wrote:
>>>
>>> Four or five years ago I sold a riding lawn mower through a local
>>> buy/sell site to a guy who showed up at my house with a gun and holster.
>>> I guess some people are weary about meeting up for transactions but he
>>> was on my turf, I thought it was pretty weird. Strange looking guy too,
>>> luckily the sale happened without any problems (other than the usual
>>> lowballing you run into with these situations -- maybe he thought the
>>> gun helped).
>>>
>> It's possible that it was one of those people who think they need a gun
>> to go to the grocery store and he's always armed.
>
> You don't need a gun at the grocery store... until you do.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/nyregion/buffalo-shooting

Yeahm, and how many more people might have been killed if there were a
couple more people with guns?

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<m6mdnaHlYLcSkUv_nZ2dnUU7-cednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147737&group=rec.arts.tv#147737

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 20:44:47 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 01:44 UTC

On Jul 18, 2022 at 5:15:08 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 7/18/2022 3:14 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> It's possible that it was one of those people who think they need a gun
>>> to go to the grocery store and he's always armed.
>>
>> You don't need a gun at the grocery store... until you do.
>>
>> https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/nyregion/buffalo-shooting
>>
> Yeahm, and how many more people might have been killed if there were a
> couple more people with guns?

Just one?

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<1552605030.679890319.481339.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147742&group=rec.arts.tv#147742

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 19:29:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 02:29 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2022 at 2:53:20 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7/18/2022 1:16 PM, super70s wrote:
>>>
>>> Four or five years ago I sold a riding lawn mower through a local
>>> buy/sell site to a guy who showed up at my house with a gun and holster.
>>> I guess some people are weary about meeting up for transactions but he
>>> was on my turf, I thought it was pretty weird. Strange looking guy too,
>>> luckily the sale happened without any problems (other than the usual
>>> lowballing you run into with these situations -- maybe he thought the
>>> gun helped).
>>>
>> It's possible that it was one of those people who think they need a gun
>> to go to the grocery store and he's always armed.
>
> You don't need a gun at the grocery store... until you do.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/nyregion/buffalo-shooting

I’ve reached my limit for free articles. I got as far as “white gunman”

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<cMmdnUMFXZ9thUv_nZ2dnUU7-RudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147745&group=rec.arts.tv#147745

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 21:37:36 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 02:37 UTC

On Jul 18, 2022 at 7:29:26 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> It's possible that it was one of those people who think they need a gun
>>> to go to the grocery store and he's always armed.
>>
>> You don't need a gun at the grocery store... until you do.
>>
>> https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/nyregion/buffalo-shooting
>>
> I’ve reached my limit for free articles. I got as far as "white gunman".

It's just one of many stories detailing the shooting of ten people and
injuring of three others at a Buffalo grocery store in May.

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<1792098593.679900236.515889.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147761&group=rec.arts.tv#147761

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 22:11:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 05:11 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2022 at 7:29:26 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> You don't need a gun at the grocery store... until you do.
>>>
>>> https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/nyregion/buffalo-shooting
>>>
>> I’ve reached my limit for free articles. I got as far as "white gunman".
>
> It's just one of many stories detailing the shooting of ten people and
injuring of three others at a Buffalo grocery store in May.

Thanks

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<tb5pfn$1okr$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147771&group=rec.arts.tv#147771

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 03:20:06 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 08:20 UTC

On 7/18/2022 9:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2022 at 7:29:26 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> You don't need a gun at the grocery store... until you do.
>>>
>>> https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/nyregion/buffalo-shooting
>>>
>> I’ve reached my limit for free articles. I got as far as "white gunman".
>
> It's just one of many stories detailing the shooting of ten people and
> injuring of three others at a Buffalo grocery store in May.

Many stories that non-white supremacists find noteworthy.

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<tb5qmv$92r$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147781&group=rec.arts.tv#147781

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 03:41:03 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 08:41 UTC

On 7/18/2022 8:44 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2022 at 5:15:08 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> You don't need a gun at the grocery store... until you do.
>>>
>>> https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/nyregion/buffalo-shooting
>>>
>> Yeahm, and how many more people might have been killed if there were a
>> couple more people with guns?
>
> Just one?

Yeahm.

Re: [OT] Gun-wielding civilian saves the day

<tb5slo$16ar$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147784&group=rec.arts.tv#147784

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 04:14:32 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 09:14 UTC

On 7/18/2022 5:14 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2022 at 2:53:20 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7/18/2022 1:16 PM, super70s wrote:
>>>
>>> Four or five years ago I sold a riding lawn mower through a local
>>> buy/sell site to a guy who showed up at my house with a gun and holster.
>>> I guess some people are weary about meeting up for transactions but he
>>> was on my turf, I thought it was pretty weird. Strange looking guy too,
>>> luckily the sale happened without any problems (other than the usual
>>> lowballing you run into with these situations -- maybe he thought the
>>> gun helped).
>>>
>> It's possible that it was one of those people who think they need a gun
>> to go to the grocery store and he's always armed.
>
> You don't need a gun at the grocery store... until you do.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/nyregion/buffalo-shooting

Unless you're in any other civilized country on Earth, then you don't.
Conclusion: right wing assholes want the U.S. to have the ability of
people getting shot on a moment's notice.