19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be more consistent with Usenet standards.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

SubjectAuthor
* Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareBTR1701
+- Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delawaretrotsky
+- Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delawaretrotsky
+* Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawaremoviePig
> [...]
||+- Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareThe Horny Goat
||+- Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delawaretrotsky
||`* Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareAdam H. Kerman
|| +* Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareBTR1701
|| |+- Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delawaretrotsky
|| |`* Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareAdam H. Kerman
|| | +* Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delawaresuzeeq
|| | +* Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareEd Stasiak
|| | `- Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareThe Horny Goat
|| `* Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareRhino
|`* Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareEd Stasiak
+- Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareEGK
+- Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareRhino
+- Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareThe Horny Goat
`- Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of DelawareEd Stasiak

Pages:1234567891011
Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcj29p$351h3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150639&group=rec.arts.tv#150639

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 08:26:28 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 12:26 UTC

On 2022-08-05 1:08 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>> . . .
>
>> Well, I know we're supposed to hate everything Trump but this shit wasn't
>> happening under his policies.
>
>> Why is the United States the only country in the world that's racist if it
>> controls its own borders?
>
> The United States is obliged to accept assylum seekers under
> international treaty obligations enforced in federal statute.
>
> We've discussed tiny countries in Europe like The Netherlands. They
> accept all assylum seekers. They get a lawyer. They get a hearing within
> a month. If they don't qualify under the treaty definition, they are not
> paroled into The Netherlands and are sent back.

Canada has a process to determine if people are legitimate refugees too
but it takes MUCH longer than a month! We too have a big backlog and
despite our immense bureaucracy are years behind in the refugee
determination process. Our process is MUCH more complex than the Dutch
one. In fact, at one point it had not one, not two, but NINETEEN levels
of appeal, although I believe the Conservatives under Stephen Harper
reduced that somewhat. So, what happens to these refugee-wannabes while
waiting for the bureaucrats to determine their cases? They stay in this
country. I believe they can work too. And what happens if they lose
their final appeals? At that point, they can be deported but some of
them will have gone underground in the meantime so it will be difficult
to impossible to find them to deport them.

I saw a story in the paper the other day about a Nicaraguan national who
had been here in Canada for 31 YEARS waiting for his refugee
determination! He was, by his own admission, a Sandinista but swore that
he'd never tortured or killed anybody although he had seen those things
done. He claimed to be in fear of his life if sent back and said he was
very disappointed in Canada for treating him this way.

Another case I heard about a few years ago involved a guy in jail for
attempted murder who was supposed to be deported to his native country,
somewhere in the Caribbean if I recall correctly. In order to deport
him, the government needed to take his picture for travel documents but
every time they tried to take his picture, he refused to co-operate. (I
don't know why they simply didn't hold him so that they could take his
picture against his will.) His lawyer took the matter to court and the
judge not only found that the criminal couldn't be deported since he
wasn't co-operating with the picture-taking, he let him out of jail and
back into Canadian society. I wish I'd bookmarked that story (or printed
it since it might have been pre-Internet) so that I could get all the
details but I've stated the gist of it as best I can remember.

--
Rhino

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcj4u4$351v2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150642&group=rec.arts.tv#150642

Followup: rec.arts.tv
From: Nys...@LogicalInsight.net (Nyssa)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 09:12:39 -0400
 by: Nyssa - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 13:12 UTC

BTR1701 wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2022 at 8:04:10 PM PDT, "moviePig"
> <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/4/2022 9:32 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Everything is racism. Haven't you been keeping up?
>>>
>>> I just heard on the news today that California's
>>> historic Proposition 13, which has kept the government
>>> from raising people's property taxes through
>>> the
>>> roof for close to 40 years now has just been declared
>>> racist.
>>
>> By whom? Anybody who's anybody?
>
> Well, it's a bunch of leftist academics and activists who
> call themselves the Opportunity Institute. Do they count?

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f70367e4b0974cf2b82009/t/62b34bd3
19072b7c70d02020/1655917530375/OI%2BReport%2BProp%2B13%2BFinal.pdf

> It always seemed to me that the worst victims of an
> out-of-control government raising property taxes sky-high
> would be the disadvantaged, the marginalized, and the
> bipocks. The rich might not like being gouged, but they
> could pay the high taxes. They wouldn't be forced out of
> their homes over it. The poor and the bipocks are the ones
> who could lose everything and had the most to gain from
> Prop 13's protections.
>
> But in an era where literally everything is racist,
> apparently a law that protects bipocks from losing their
> homes is somehow racist as well.

Okay, I probably need to get out more, but can someone
please explain to me what a "bipock" is supposed to be?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcj4vq$35dbc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150643&group=rec.arts.tv#150643

Followup: rec.arts.tv
From: Nys...@LogicalInsight.net (Nyssa)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 09:12:39 -0400

BTR1701 wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2022 at 8:04:10 PM PDT, "moviePig"
> <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/4/2022 9:32 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Everything is racism. Haven't you been keeping up?
>>>
>>> I just heard on the news today that California's
>>> historic Proposition 13, which has kept the government
>>> from raising people's property taxes through
>>> the
>>> roof for close to 40 years now has just been declared
>>> racist.
>>
>> By whom? Anybody who's anybody?
>
> Well, it's a bunch of leftist academics and activists who
> call themselves the Opportunity Institute. Do they count?

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f70367e4b0974cf2b82009/t/62b34bd3
19072b7c70d02020/1655917530375/OI%2BReport%2BProp%2B13%2BFinal.pdf

> It always seemed to me that the worst victims of an
> out-of-control government raising property taxes sky-high
> would be the disadvantaged, the marginalized, and the
> bipocks. The rich might not like being gouged, but they
> could pay the high taxes. They wouldn't be forced out of
> their homes over it. The poor and the bipocks are the ones
> who could lose everything and had the most to gain from
> Prop 13's protections.
>
> But in an era where literally everything is racist,
> apparently a law that protects bipocks from losing their
> homes is somehow racist as well.

Okay, I probably need to get out more, but can someone
please explain to me what a "bipock" is supposed to be?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcj5vi$35lag$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150645&group=rec.arts.tv#150645

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 09:29:20 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 13:29 UTC

On 2022-08-05 9:12 AM, Nyssa wrote:
> BTR1701 wrote:
>
>> On Aug 4, 2022 at 8:04:10 PM PDT, "moviePig"
>> <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> migrant-crisis-in-washington

>>> By whom? Anybody who's anybody?
>>
>> Well, it's a bunch of leftist academics and activists who
>> call themselves the Opportunity Institute. Do they count?
>>

> https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f70367e4b0974cf2b82009/t/62b34bd3
> 19072b7c70d02020/1655917530375/OI%2BReport%2BProp%2B13%2BFinal.pdf
>>
>> It always seemed to me that the worst victims of an
>> out-of-control government raising property taxes sky-high
>> would be the disadvantaged, the marginalized, and the
>> bipocks. The rich might not like being gouged, but they
>> could pay the high taxes. They wouldn't be forced out of
>> their homes over it. The poor and the bipocks are the ones
>> who could lose everything and had the most to gain from
>> Prop 13's protections.
>>
>> But in an era where literally everything is racist,
>> apparently a law that protects bipocks from losing their
>> homes is somehow racist as well.
>>

> Okay, I probably need to get out more, but can someone
> please explain to me what a "bipock" is supposed to be?

I think he's giving you an alternate spelling of BIPOC, which is
something-something-People-Of-Colour. I want to say that the "B" stands
for "Black" and the "I" for Indigenous but blacks are already "people of
colour" - as are indigenous people - so that seems redundant. But given
the "progressive" obsession with virtue-signalling, I'm willing to
believe they put blacks first just to emphasize that they were
forgetting them and perhaps the same for indigenous people.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<9592c83c-9694-4325-9c3c-62d6f370fc8dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150647&group=rec.arts.tv#150647

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 06:56:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 13:56 UTC

> moviePig
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > If illegals can’t work here or find a place to live, they’ll leave.
>
> You're proposing an official change in America's self-image, from
> a welcomer of freedom-yearning huddled masses, to an
> I've-got-mine-you-get-yours gated community with attack dogs.

A later bit of propaganda added to the Statue of Liberty, but the fact
is that almost all nations outside the West have very strict immigration
laws.

Mexico for instance, requires potential immigrants to prove that they
have sufficient income or savings/pensions (something like $100K)
before they’ll even look at your application.

> One can debate the necessity of that shift in stance but not, afaics,
> the fact of it.

There is no “necessity” to flood the West with bazillions of dirt poor,
poorly educated, frequently criminally prone, 3rd world peasants, what’s
necessary is that they get their shit together in their _home nations_
instead of sponging off the West.

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<Y0aHK.628281$J0r9.249848@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150649&group=rec.arts.tv#150649

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 10:44:06 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 14:44 UTC

On 8/5/2022 12:13 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 4, 2022 at 8:04:10 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> Everything is racism. Haven't you been keeping up?
>>>
>>> I just heard on the news today that California's historic Proposition 13,
>>> which has kept the government from raising people's property taxes through
>>> the
>>> roof for close to 40 years now has just been declared racist.
>>
>> By whom? Anybody who's anybody?
>
> Well, it's a bunch of leftist academics and activists who call themselves the
> Opportunity Institute. Do they count?

No. Nor does anyone who'd call themselves the "Opportunity Institute".

> https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f70367e4b0974cf2b82009/t/62b34bd319072b7c70d02020/1655917530375/OI%2BReport%2BProp%2B13%2BFinal.pdf
>
> It always seemed to me that the worst victims of an out-of-control government
> raising property taxes sky-high would be the disadvantaged, the marginalized,
> and the bipocks. The rich might not like being gouged, but they could pay the
> high taxes. They wouldn't be forced out of their homes over it. The poor and
> the bipocks are the ones who could lose everything and had the most to gain
> from Prop 13's protections.
>
> But in an era where literally everything is racist, apparently a law that
> protects bipocks from losing their homes is somehow racist as well.

As far as I can squint, the headline says that racial inequities are
exacerbated, not sought, by Prop13 -- which I don't doubt, as the
disadvantaged are usually the ones to be further disadvantaged by
*anything*...

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcjbpe$d13v$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150653&group=rec.arts.tv#150653

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 08:08:30 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 15:08 UTC

On 8/5/2022 6:56 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> moviePig
>>> Ed Stasiak
>>>
>>> If illegals can’t work here or find a place to live, they’ll leave.
>>
>> You're proposing an official change in America's self-image, from
>> a welcomer of freedom-yearning huddled masses, to an
>> I've-got-mine-you-get-yours gated community with attack dogs.
>
> A later bit of propaganda added to the Statue of Liberty, but the fact
> is that almost all nations outside the West have very strict immigration
> laws.
>
> Mexico for instance, requires potential immigrants to prove that they
> have sufficient income or savings/pensions (something like $100K)
> before they’ll even look at your application.
>
>> One can debate the necessity of that shift in stance but not, afaics,
>> the fact of it.
>
> There is no “necessity” to flood the West with bazillions of dirt poor,
> poorly educated, frequently criminally prone, 3rd world peasants, what’s
> necessary is that they get their shit together in their _home nations_
> instead of sponging off the West.

And how do they get their shit together in their home country when they
have very little money, no say in who their dictator is, and no voting
rights?

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<eae26d00-bb20-4569-a19a-981dadc5d5c1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150655&group=rec.arts.tv#150655

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 08:14:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 15:14 UTC

> suzeeq
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > There is no “necessity” to flood the West with bazillions of dirt poor,
> > poorly educated, frequently criminally prone, 3rd world peasants, what’s
> > necessary is that they get their shit together in their _home nations_
> > instead of sponging off the West.
> >
> And how do they get their shit together in their home country when they
> have very little money, no say in who their dictator is, and no voting
> rights?

Mexico ain't North Korea and the illegals flooding into the US from Mexico
Latin America are doing so for economic reasons.

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcjds6$d2kq$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150662&group=rec.arts.tv#150662

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 08:44:06 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 15:44 UTC

On 8/5/2022 8:14 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> suzeeq
>>> Ed Stasiak
>>>
>>> There is no “necessity” to flood the West with bazillions of dirt poor,
>>> poorly educated, frequently criminally prone, 3rd world peasants, what’s
>>> necessary is that they get their shit together in their _home nations_
>>> instead of sponging off the West.
>>>
>> And how do they get their shit together in their home country when they
>> have very little money, no say in who their dictator is, and no voting
>> rights?
>
> Mexico ain't North Korea and the illegals flooding into the US from Mexico
> Latin America are doing so for economic reasons.

Central America still has dictators who rountinely murders people who
try to work against them.

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<218f3d9f-6993-42ae-b5e1-1e40577a3efdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150671&group=rec.arts.tv#150671

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 09:11:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 16:11 UTC

> suzeeq
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > Mexico ain't North Korea and the illegals flooding into the US from Mexico
> > Latin America are doing so for economic reasons.
> >
> Central America still has dictators who rountinely murders people who
> try to work against them.

Sure, there's some of that but the Latin Americans in danger of this are
few and far between and in fact, they would actually be beneficial (legal)
immigrants to the U.S. as political activists like that tend to be from the
middle/upper class and thus have good educations and will have good
employment opportunities here, beneficial to both them and us.

But that's not who we're getting, we're being flooded with lower class poor
Latin Americans who their (possibly dictatorial) governments WANT to
expel, as they're an overall drain on society, so let the stupid American
tax payers pick up the check and deal with the problems.

Meanwhile, Wall Street gets bazillions of cheep worker drones who drive
down wages, benefits and employment protections for actual Americans
while providing more consumers to buy crappy Chinese made products...

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<atropos-6DF7A3.09530505082022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150685&group=rec.arts.tv#150685

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 09:53:05 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 16:53 UTC

In article <tcjbpe$d13v$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 8/5/2022 6:56 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> >> moviePig

> >> You're proposing an official change in America's self-image, from
> >> a welcomer of freedom-yearning huddled masses, to an
> >> I've-got-mine-you-get-yours gated community with attack dogs.
> >
> > A later bit of propaganda added to the Statue of Liberty, but the fact
> > is that almost all nations outside the West have very strict immigration
> > laws.
> >
> > Mexico for instance, requires potential immigrants to prove that they
> > have sufficient income or savings/pensions (something like $100K)
> > before they’ll even look at your application.
> >
> >> One can debate the necessity of that shift in stance but not, afaics,
> >> the fact of it.
> >
> > There is no "necessity" to flood the West with bazillions of dirt poor,
> > poorly educated, frequently criminally prone, 3rd world peasants, what’s
> > necessary is that they get their shit together in their _home nations_
> > instead of sponging off the West.
> >
> And how do they get their shit together in their home country when they
> have very little money, no say in who their dictator is, and no voting
> rights?

And none of that entitles the entire population to move here.

Plus, you know, you just described the American revolutionaries. Aside
from a few leaders, they weren't rich, had no say who their dictator
was, and had no voting rights.

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<atropos-35A581.09542605082022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150686&group=rec.arts.tv#150686

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 09:54:26 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 16:54 UTC

In article <tcjds6$d2kq$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 8/5/2022 8:14 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> >> suzeeq

> >> And how do they get their shit together in their home country when they
> >> have very little money, no say in who their dictator is, and no voting
> >> rights?
> >
> > Mexico ain't North Korea and the illegals flooding into the US from Mexico
> > Latin America are doing so for economic reasons.
> >
> Central America still has dictators who rountinely murders people who
> try to work against them.

And if America took in every person whose government was authoritarian,
our population would be in the billions. How sustainable do you think
that would be?

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<atropos-848FBB.10043505082022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150689&group=rec.arts.tv#150689

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 10:04:35 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:04 UTC

In article <Y0aHK.628281$J0r9.249848@fx11.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 8/5/2022 12:13 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

> >> By whom? Anybody who's anybody?
> >
> > Well, it's a bunch of leftist academics and activists who call themselves
> > the Opportunity Institute. Do they count?
>
> No. Nor does anyone who'd call themselves the "Opportunity Institute".

So what criteria does one have to meet to be "anybody"?

> > https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f70367e4b0974cf2b82009/t/62b34bd319
> > 072b7c70d02020/1655917530375/OI%2BReport%2BProp%2B13%2BFinal.pdf
> >
> > It always seemed to me that the worst victims of an out-of-control
> > government raising property taxes sky-high would be the disadvantaged, the
> > marginalized, and the bipocks. The rich might not like being gouged,
> > but they could pay the high taxes. They wouldn't be forced out of their
> > homes over it. The poor and the bipocks are the ones who could lose
> > everything and had the most to gain from Prop 13's protections.
> >
> > But in an era where literally everything is racist, apparently a law that
> > protects bipocks from losing their homes is somehow racist as well.
>
> As far as I can squint, the headline says that racial inequities are
> exacerbated, not sought, by Prop13 -- which I don't doubt, as the
> disadvantaged are usually the ones to be further disadvantaged by
> *anything*...

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcjimd$38787$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150690&group=rec.arts.tv#150690

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 13:06:19 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:06 UTC

On 2022-08-05 11:08 AM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 8/5/2022 6:56 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>>> moviePig

>>> You're proposing an official change in America's self-image, from
>>> a welcomer of freedom-yearning huddled masses, to an
>>> I've-got-mine-you-get-yours gated community with attack dogs.
>>
>> A later bit of propaganda added to the Statue of Liberty, but the fact
>> is that almost all nations outside the West have very strict immigration
>> laws.
>>
>> Mexico for instance, requires potential immigrants to prove that they
>> have sufficient income or savings/pensions (something like $100K)
>> before they’ll even look at your application.
>>
>>> One can debate the necessity of that shift in stance but not, afaics,
>>> the fact of it.
>>
>> There is no “necessity” to flood the West with bazillions of dirt poor,
>> poorly educated, frequently criminally prone, 3rd world peasants, what’s
>> necessary is that they get their shit together in their _home nations_
>> instead of sponging off the West.
>>
> And how do they get their shit together in their home country when they
> have very little money, no say in who their dictator is, and no voting
> rights?

I agree that their circumstances may well justify seeking a better life
in another country, particularly when the chances of improving their own
country is negligible for the reasons you've stated. However, I don't
think that automatically confers a RIGHT for them to live in my country
or yours.

--
Rhino

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<atropos-7A358B.10073905082022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150691&group=rec.arts.tv#150691

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 10:07:39 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:07 UTC

In article <tcj4vq$35dbc$1@dont-email.me>,
Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 wrote:
>
> > On Aug 4, 2022 at 8:04:10 PM PDT, "moviePig"
> > <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> >> By whom? Anybody who's anybody?
> >
> > Well, it's a bunch of leftist academics and activists who
> > call themselves the Opportunity Institute. Do they count?

> https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f70367e4b0974cf2b82009/t/62b34bd3
> 19072b7c70d02020/1655917530375/OI%2BReport%2BProp%2B13%2BFinal.pdf
> >
> > It always seemed to me that the worst victims of an
> > out-of-control government raising property taxes sky-high
> > would be the disadvantaged, the marginalized, and the
> > bipocks. The rich might not like being gouged, but they
> > could pay the high taxes. They wouldn't be forced out of
> > their homes over it. The poor and the bipocks are the ones
> > who could lose everything and had the most to gain from
> > Prop 13's protections.
> >
> > But in an era where literally everything is racist,
> > apparently a law that protects bipocks from losing their
> > homes is somehow racist as well.

> Okay, I probably need to get out more, but can someone
> please explain to me what a "bipock" is supposed to be?

Apparently "people of color" has fallen out of favor among the wokest of
the woke as not inclusive enough, so they invented a new acronym which
stands for "black, indigenous and people of color".

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<atropos-7A0533.10110005082022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150692&group=rec.arts.tv#150692

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 10:11:00 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:11 UTC

In article <17086b9a3f162a1f$71$1950103$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>,
trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

> On 8/4/2022 11:13 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> >> By whom? Anybody who's anybody?
> >
> > Well, it's a bunch of leftist academics and activists who call themselves
> > the Opportunity Institute. Do they count?
>
> Robert Reich and former Governor Bill Richardson are members so yeah,
> they count. I'd like a link to these declarations of racism to prove
> you aren't LYING but that will never happen.

You literally snipped the link I provided to bitch about there being no
link.

Amazing.

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<jicHK.621411$ssF.138526@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150693&group=rec.arts.tv#150693

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 13:19:09 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:19 UTC

On 8/5/2022 1:04 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <Y0aHK.628281$J0r9.249848@fx11.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> Well, it's a bunch of leftist academics and activists who call themselves
>>> the Opportunity Institute. Do they count?
>>
>> No. Nor does anyone who'd call themselves the "Opportunity Institute".
>
> So what criteria does one have to meet to be "anybody"?

Well, e.g., Robert Reich was mentioned in another post as a member of
this organization. I suppose I'd consider his direct support serious.

>>> https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f70367e4b0974cf2b82009/t/62b34bd319
>>> 072b7c70d02020/1655917530375/OI%2BReport%2BProp%2B13%2BFinal.pdf
>>>
>>> It always seemed to me that the worst victims of an out-of-control
>>> government raising property taxes sky-high would be the disadvantaged, the
>>> marginalized, and the bipocks. The rich might not like being gouged,
>>> but they could pay the high taxes. They wouldn't be forced out of their
>>> homes over it. The poor and the bipocks are the ones who could lose
>>> everything and had the most to gain from Prop 13's protections.
>>>
>>> But in an era where literally everything is racist, apparently a law that
>>> protects bipocks from losing their homes is somehow racist as well.
>>
>> As far as I can squint, the headline says that racial inequities are
>> exacerbated, not sought, by Prop13 -- which I don't doubt, as the
>> disadvantaged are usually the ones to be further disadvantaged by
>> *anything*...

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcjjor$38mjo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150694&group=rec.arts.tv#150694

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:24:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:24 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>Well, I know we're supposed to hate everything Trump but this shit
>>>wasn't happening under his policies.

>>>Why is the United States the only country in the world that's racist
>>>if it controls its own borders?

>>The United States is obliged to accept assylum seekers under
>>international treaty obligations enforced in federal statute.

>Sure, and isn't it amazing how suddenly every illegal alien is now an
>'asylum seeker'? Because it's not like there aren't huge organizations
>and Central American governments coaching them to say exactly that.

Actually, I'm not surprised in the least. These are shithole countries,
especially Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. To the extent that they
are escaping crime and some of the crime is perpetuated by the police,
then they have an argument to make for assylum.

>Which is evidenced by the 95+% rate of rejection of asylum claims.

Because definitions of assylum claims that are based on the refusal of
Europe and the United States to accept Jews trying to escape Nazi
persecution before WWII. We know all this. That doesn't mean they don't
have valid reason to leave because their lives and families are in
jeopardy, or they are facing starvation.

>Wanting a better job doesn't make you a refugee. International law, such
>as it is, is clear on that much.

The ones leaving to escape terrible conditions at home want a whole lot
more than a better job. I agree that it doesn't meet the international
definition lacking the ability to prove that these terrible conditions
were created by government going after this family individually.

>But that's not the goal anyway. The point is to overwhelm our system with
>hundreds of thousands of claims that can't possibly all be handled. It's
>an engineered crisis right out of Alinsky's RULES FOR RADICALS.

Gee. That's unfortunate, then, that Trump made the system processing
assylum claims so much worse. He had the opportunity to make it less
dysfunctional, fair, even though assylum seekers generally can't prove
their status.

The system was overwhelmed under Obama. Trump made it worse. Biden has
made it even worse.

Why don't you favor a fair system with experienced immigration lawyers
representing assylum seekers capable of procesing claims within a month
and then returning the ones who don't qualify? Why do so many of those
who demand immigration reform want broken assylum claims systems only?

>If this is what 'international treaty obligations enforced in federal
>statute' require, then those treaties and statutes need to be revisited
>and amended.

No. The claims need to be handled on a timely basis, within a month.

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcjk6h$d6u4$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150696&group=rec.arts.tv#150696

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 10:32:01 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:32 UTC

On 8/5/2022 9:53 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> A later bit of propaganda added to the Statue of Liberty, but the fact
>>> is that almost all nations outside the West have very strict immigration
>>> laws.
>>>
>>> Mexico for instance, requires potential immigrants to prove that they
>>> have sufficient income or savings/pensions (something like $100K)
>>> before they’ll even look at your application.

>>> There is no "necessity" to flood the West with bazillions of dirt poor,
>>> poorly educated, frequently criminally prone, 3rd world peasants, what’s
>>> necessary is that they get their shit together in their _home nations_
>>> instead of sponging off the West.
>>>
>> And how do they get their shit together in their home country when they
>> have very little money, no say in who their dictator is, and no voting
>> rights?
>
> And none of that entitles the entire population to move here.

They're really not.

> Plus, you know, you just described the American revolutionaries. Aside
> from a few leaders, they weren't rich, had no say who their dictator
> was, and had no voting rights.

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcjk7s$d6u4$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150697&group=rec.arts.tv#150697

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 10:32:44 -0700

On 8/5/2022 9:54 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Mexico ain't North Korea and the illegals flooding into the US from Mexico
>>> Latin America are doing so for economic reasons.
>>>
>> Central America still has dictators who rountinely murders people who
>> try to work against them.
>
> And if America took in every person whose government was authoritarian,
> our population would be in the billions. How sustainable do you think
> that would be?

More people paying taxes.

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcjkab$38mjo$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150698&group=rec.arts.tv#150698

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:34:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:34 UTC

>>>Well, I know we're supposed to hate everything Trump but this shit wasn't
>>>happening under his policies.

>>>Why is the United States the only country in the world that's racist if it
>>>controls its own borders?

>>The United States is obliged to accept assylum seekers under
>>international treaty obligations enforced in federal statute.

>>We've discussed tiny countries in Europe like The Netherlands. They
>>accept all assylum seekers. They get a lawyer. They get a hearing within
>>a month. If they don't qualify under the treaty definition, they are not
>>paroled into The Netherlands and are sent back.

>Canada has a process to determine if people are legitimate refugees too
>but it takes MUCH longer than a month!

I'm going to get pedantic here. We are speaking of assylum seekers, not
refugees. An assylum seeker has to prove discrimination by government
that puts his life or the life of his family in jeopardy.

Refugee is someone displaced by weather or war. There is no question as
to who qualifies as a refugee but their situation isn't permanent. They
don't immigrate. They get sent back after the emergency has ended.

>We too have a big backlog and
>despite our immense bureaucracy are years behind in the refugee
>determination process. Our process is MUCH more complex than the Dutch
>one. In fact, at one point it had not one, not two, but NINETEEN levels
>of appeal, although I believe the Conservatives under Stephen Harper
>reduced that somewhat. So, what happens to these refugee-wannabes while
>waiting for the bureaucrats to determine their cases? They stay in this
>country. I believe they can work too. And what happens if they lose
>their final appeals? At that point, they can be deported but some of
>them will have gone underground in the meantime so it will be difficult
>to impossible to find them to deport them.

Thanks. As far as your processing system is behind, it's ever so much
worse in the United States.

>I saw a story in the paper the other day about a Nicaraguan national who
>had been here in Canada for 31 YEARS waiting for his refugee
>determination! He was, by his own admission, a Sandinista but swore that
>he'd never tortured or killed anybody although he had seen those things
>done. He claimed to be in fear of his life if sent back and said he was
>very disappointed in Canada for treating him this way.

Good grief.

>Another case I heard about a few years ago involved a guy in jail for
>attempted murder who was supposed to be deported to his native country,
>somewhere in the Caribbean if I recall correctly. In order to deport
>him, the government needed to take his picture for travel documents but
>every time they tried to take his picture, he refused to co-operate. (I
>don't know why they simply didn't hold him so that they could take his
>picture against his will.) His lawyer took the matter to court and the
>judge not only found that the criminal couldn't be deported since he
>wasn't co-operating with the picture-taking, he let him out of jail and
>back into Canadian society. I wish I'd bookmarked that story (or printed
>it since it might have been pre-Internet) so that I could get all the
>details but I've stated the gist of it as best I can remember.

That's a travesty of justice. Of course, he has passed through so many
security cameras, it's hard to believe they couldn't make an appropriate
still.

Or just use his mug shot.

>>. . .

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<tcjkcg$d6u4$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150699&group=rec.arts.tv#150699

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 10:35:12 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:35 UTC

On 8/5/2022 10:24 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> The United States is obliged to accept assylum seekers under
>>> international treaty obligations enforced in federal statute.
>
>> Sure, and isn't it amazing how suddenly every illegal alien is now an
>> 'asylum seeker'? Because it's not like there aren't huge organizations
>> and Central American governments coaching them to say exactly that.
>
> Actually, I'm not surprised in the least. These are shithole countries,
> especially Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. To the extent that they
> are escaping crime and some of the crime is perpetuated by the police,
> then they have an argument to make for assylum.
>
>> Which is evidenced by the 95+% rate of rejection of asylum claims.
>
> Because definitions of assylum claims that are based on the refusal of
> Europe and the United States to accept Jews trying to escape Nazi
> persecution before WWII. We know all this. That doesn't mean they don't
> have valid reason to leave because their lives and families are in
> jeopardy, or they are facing starvation.
>
>> Wanting a better job doesn't make you a refugee. International law, such
>> as it is, is clear on that much.
>
> The ones leaving to escape terrible conditions at home want a whole lot
> more than a better job. I agree that it doesn't meet the international
> definition lacking the ability to prove that these terrible conditions
> were created by government going after this family individually.
>
>> But that's not the goal anyway. The point is to overwhelm our system with
>> hundreds of thousands of claims that can't possibly all be handled. It's
>> an engineered crisis right out of Alinsky's RULES FOR RADICALS.
>
> Gee. That's unfortunate, then, that Trump made the system processing
> assylum claims so much worse. He had the opportunity to make it less
> dysfunctional, fair, even though assylum seekers generally can't prove
> their status.
>
> The system was overwhelmed under Obama. Trump made it worse. Biden has
> made it even worse.
>
> Why don't you favor a fair system with experienced immigration lawyers
> representing assylum seekers capable of procesing claims within a month
> and then returning the ones who don't qualify? Why do so many of those
> who demand immigration reform want broken assylum claims systems only?
>
>> If this is what 'international treaty obligations enforced in federal
>> statute' require, then those treaties and statutes need to be revisited
>> and amended.
>
> No. The claims need to be handled on a timely basis, within a month.

I've thought for a while that whoever handles these claims needs to hire
more people to process them.

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<atropos-49A817.10484205082022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150707&group=rec.arts.tv#150707

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 10:48:42 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:48 UTC

In article <jicHK.621411$ssF.138526@fx14.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 8/5/2022 1:04 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <Y0aHK.628281$J0r9.249848@fx11.iad>,
> > moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> >> No. Nor does anyone who'd call themselves the "Opportunity Institute".
> >
> > So what criteria does one have to meet to be "anybody"?
>
> Well, e.g., Robert Reich was mentioned in another post as a member of
> this organization. I suppose I'd consider his direct support serious.

So they are "anybody" after all.

> >> As far as I can squint, the headline says that racial inequities are
> >> exacerbated, not sought, by Prop13 -- which I don't doubt, as the
> >> disadvantaged are usually the ones to be further disadvantaged by
> >> *anything*...

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<atropos-E8DB6D.10492605082022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150708&group=rec.arts.tv#150708

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <hTydnZ6R4oeBzXb_nZ2dnZfqnPrNnZ2d@giganews.com> <RYPGK.558953$vAW9.413458@fx10.iad> <f894c6b5-4978-4fda-9a6a-65827b104099n@googlegroups.com> <d8XGK.618018$J0r9.118578@fx11.iad> <9592c83c-9694-4325-9c3c-62d6f370fc8dn@googlegroups.com> <tcjbpe$d13v$1@solani.org> <eae26d00-bb20-4569-a19a-981dadc5d5c1n@googlegroups.com> <tcjds6$d2kq$1@solani.org> <atropos-35A581.09542605082022@news.giganews.com> <tcjk7s$d6u4$2@solani.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 10:49:26 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:49 UTC

In article <tcjk7s$d6u4$2@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 8/5/2022 9:54 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

> >> Central America still has dictators who rountinely murders people who
> >> try to work against them.
> >
> > And if America took in every person whose government was authoritarian,
> > our population would be in the billions. How sustainable do you think
> > that would be?
> >
> More people paying taxes.

Sure, because the millions of illegals we have right now aren't a net
loss for the government...

Re: Biden Allows in More Illegals Than Population of Delaware

<atropos-4772A3.10502205082022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150709&group=rec.arts.tv#150709

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 10:50:22 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 17:50 UTC

In article <tcjk6h$d6u4$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 8/5/2022 9:53 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

> >> And how do they get their shit together in their home country when they
> >> have very little money, no say in who their dictator is, and no voting
> >> rights?
> >
> > And none of that entitles the entire population to move here.
> >
> They're really not.

The. Entire. State. Of. Delaware.