Do clones have navels?

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

SubjectAuthor
* "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToEd Stasiak
|+- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When TomoviePig
|+- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItBTR1701
|+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
||+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItBTR1701
|||+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When TomoviePig
|||`- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When Totrotsky
||`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToArthur Lipscomb
|| +- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
|| `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToUbiquitous
|`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToDavid Johnston
| +- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When TomoviePig
| +* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| |`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToDavid Johnston
| | +- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| | `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect Itdanny burstein
| `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItNoBody
|`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
| +* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| |+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When TomoviePig
| ||`- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| |+- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here'sanim8rfsk
| |+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItNoBody
| ||`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| || `* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here'sBill Anderson
| ||  +- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItMack A. Damia
| ||  `* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| ||   `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToBill Anderson
| |+- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
| |`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
| | `* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| |  `* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
| |   `* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| |    `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
| `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItNoBody
`- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When Totrotsky

Pages:12
"A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<lsGcnVLfbal_9pT-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154145&group=rec.arts.tv#154145

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 20:56:56 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 00:56 UTC

Fans got their first introduction to Ralphie's family and friends
nearly 40 years ago in the film that would become a Christmas classic -
and a sequel to "A Christmas Story" will drop this year on HBO Max in
November.

In the highly anticipated film titled "A Christmas Story Christmas,"
fans will check in on "grown-up" Ralphie - played once again by Peter
Billingsly - who "must deal with Christmas and all that comes with it,
this time as a dad," according to the a description from the streaming
site, Deadline reported in a piece published Wednesday.

"With the same attention-to-real-life tone of the first, Ralphie
reconnects with childhood friends, reconciles the passing of his Old
Man and sows the seeds for the origins of the beloved holiday classic,"
the film's logline read, per E! News,

It will reportedly take place in the 1970s, with Billingsly playing an
adult Ralphie, bringing his family to his childhood home for the
holiday, Variety reported. Erinn Hayes, Julianna Layne, River Drosche,
RD Robb and Scott Schwartz along with Zack Ward and Julie Hagerty also
star.

The new movie is directed by Clay Kaytis with producers Irwin Zwilling,
Marc Toberoff, Cale Boyter, Jay Ashenfelter, Peter Billingsley and
Vince Vaughn.

WATCH:

For those who might have somehow missed the original movie, the film
follows a kid in the 1940s, (Ralphie) on the adventure that culminates
in him getting the one Christmas gift he would die for, a Red Ryder BB
rifle from Santa Claus. Through a serious of hilarious incidents,
everyone from his teacher to the Santa Claus mall tells him he will
"shoot his eye out" if he gets one.

But regardless, Santa does deliver that BB gun on Christmas morning and
well, not to spoil it, but the advice he got from others about the
potential risks of owning a rifle do not seem completely unwarranted.

Despite the cult following the legendary Christmas movie has had, it
was originally considered a box office flop in 1983 when it hit the big
screen, E! News noted.

"A Christmas Story Christmas" debuts on HBO Max November 17.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<6f0ea919-a267-4784-bf7c-09a9ef950dfdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154147&group=rec.arts.tv#154147

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 19:16:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To
Expect It
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 02:16 UTC

> Ubiquitous
>
> In the highly anticipated film

Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?

> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
> Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
> Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"

What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<SgfOK.275800$vZ1.212599@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154149&group=rec.arts.tv#154149

Expect It
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 22:25:52 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 02:25 UTC

On 8/26/2022 10:16 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Ubiquitous
>>
>> In the highly anticipated film
>
> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?

Oh, I think *everyone* who anticipated it was high...

>> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
>> Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
>> Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"
>
> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?

Surely you mean 'top/bottom'...

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<K42dnaR15N2gHpT-nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154150&group=rec.arts.tv#154150

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 02:36:45 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 02:36 UTC

On Aug 26, 2022 at 7:16:55 PM PDT, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Ubiquitous
>>
>> In the highly anticipated film
>
> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>
>> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
>> Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
>> Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"
>
> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?

We'll be lucky if gay is all it is. We could easily end up with one of the
original boys showing back up as a woman in this thing.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<260820222245468038%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154151&group=rec.arts.tv#154151

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 22:45:46 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 02:45 UTC

In article <6f0ea919-a267-4784-bf7c-09a9ef950dfdn@googlegroups.com>, Ed
Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Ubiquitous
> >
> > In the highly anticipated film
>
> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?

Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
alone in this.

> > titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
> > Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
> > Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"
>
> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?

Get over yourself, dude. If you're triggered by gay people, at least
wait until you've seen one in this movie.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<bracnVn6jLMCFpT-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154153&group=rec.arts.tv#154153

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 03:12:31 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 03:12 UTC

On Aug 26, 2022 at 7:45:46 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <6f0ea919-a267-4784-bf7c-09a9ef950dfdn@googlegroups.com>, Ed
> Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Ubiquitous
>> >
>> > In the highly anticipated film
>>
>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>

> Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
> been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
> more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
> alone in this.
>

>> > titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
>> > Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
>> > Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"
>>
>> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?
>

> Get over yourself, dude. If you're triggered by gay people, at least
> wait until you've seen one in this movie.

I'd say he's more likely indicating he's triggered by the endless disingenuous
virtue-signaling from corporations on this issue and others like Black Lives
Matter.

Exxon, for example, puts a rainbow in its logo for gay pride month here. Do
you think they're doing that in Saudi Arabia, too? Or are they only doing it
in places where they think it'll make them money and not doing it where they
think it'll cost them money? In which case, do you think they actually give a
fuck about gay pride and LGBTQ=LMNOP issues or is it just all about the
quatloos?

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<J4gOK.162002$Dh2.63377@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154155&group=rec.arts.tv#154155

Expect It
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 23:21:10 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 03:21 UTC

On 8/26/2022 11:12 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 26, 2022 at 7:45:46 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>>

>> Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
>> been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
>> more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
>> alone in this.

>>> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?
>>

>> Get over yourself, dude. If you're triggered by gay people, at least
>> wait until you've seen one in this movie.
>
> I'd say he's more likely indicating he's triggered by the endless disingenuous
> virtue-signaling from corporations on this issue and others like Black Lives
> Matter.
>
> Exxon, for example, puts a rainbow in its logo for gay pride month here. Do
> you think they're doing that in Saudi Arabia, too? Or are they only doing it
> in places where they think it'll make them money and not doing it where they
> think it'll cost them money? In which case, do you think they actually give a
> fuck about gay pride and LGBTQ=LMNOP issues or is it just all about the
> quatloos?

*Maybe* they're doing it where it's persuasive rather than suicidal...

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<ewidnQ6SWPBuE5T-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154157&group=rec.arts.tv#154157

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 03:26:43 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 03:26 UTC

On Aug 26, 2022 at 8:21:10 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 8/26/2022 11:12 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Aug 26, 2022 at 7:45:46 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
>>> been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
>>> more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
>>> alone in this.

>>> Get over yourself, dude. If you're triggered by gay people, at least
>>> wait until you've seen one in this movie.
>>
>> I'd say he's more likely indicating he's triggered by the endless
>> disingenuous
>> virtue-signaling from corporations on this issue and others like Black Lives
>> Matter.
>>
>> Exxon, for example, puts a rainbow in its logo for gay pride month here. Do
>> you think they're doing that in Saudi Arabia, too? Or are they only doing it
>> in places where they think it'll make them money and not doing it where they
>> think it'll cost them money? In which case, do you think they actually give
>> fuck about gay pride and LGBTQ=LMNOP issues or is it just all about the
>> quatloos?
>
> *Maybe* they're doing it where it's persuasive rather than suicidal...

The NBA virtue-signals support for Black Lives Matter in the U.S. and allows
the players to sport BLM-related slogans on their jerseys but won't allow them
to display slogans showing support for the Uyghurs that China is actively
genociding. There would be nothing 'suicidal' about allowing it. It would only
cost the NBA a shit-ton of money in revoked merchandising and television
rights in China.

Do you think the NBA actually gives a fuck about minority issues or is it just
all about the quatloos?

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<tec37v$79jn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154158&group=rec.arts.tv#154158

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Expect It
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 20:32:12 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 03:32 UTC

On 8/26/2022 7:45 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <6f0ea919-a267-4784-bf7c-09a9ef950dfdn@googlegroups.com>, Ed
> Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Ubiquitous
>>>
>>> In the highly anticipated film
>>
>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>

> Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
> been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
> more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
> alone in this.

They already made a sequel in 2012, "A Christmas Story 2." I've erased
it from my memory, but the one star I gave it on Netflix tells me I
hated it and never wanted to see it again.

>>> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
>>> Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
>>> Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"

Bringing Billingsly back is definitely a plus. I'll keep an open mind
and give it a shot, especially since Billingsly is in it.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<tecm0c$blf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154191&group=rec.arts.tv#154191

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Expect It
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 03:52:27 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 08:52 UTC

On 8/26/2022 10:12 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 26, 2022 at 7:45:46 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>>

>> Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
>> been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
>> more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
>> alone in this.

>>> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?
>>

>> Get over yourself, dude. If you're triggered by gay people, at least
>> wait until you've seen one in this movie.
>
> I'd say he's more likely indicating he's

Excellent sockpuppeteering.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<tecmd6$iaa$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154193&group=rec.arts.tv#154193

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Expect It
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 03:59:17 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 08:59 UTC

On 8/26/2022 10:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 26, 2022 at 8:21:10 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> I'd say he's more likely indicating he's triggered by the endless
>>> disingenuous
>>> virtue-signaling from corporations on this issue and others like Black Lives
>>> Matter.
>>>
>>> Exxon, for example, puts a rainbow in its logo for gay pride month here. Do
>>> you think they're doing that in Saudi Arabia, too? Or are they only doing it
>>> in places where they think it'll make them money and not doing it where they
>>> think it'll cost them money? In which case, do you think they actually give
>>> fuck about gay pride and LGBTQ=LMNOP issues or is it just all about the
>>> quatloos?
>>
>> *Maybe* they're doing it where it's persuasive rather than suicidal...
>
> The NBA virtue-signals support for Black Lives Matter in the U.S. and allows
> the players to sport BLM-related slogans on their jerseys but won't allow them
> to display slogans showing support for the Uyghurs that China is actively
> genociding. There would be nothing 'suicidal' about allowing it. It would only
> cost the NBA a shit-ton of money in revoked merchandising and television
> rights in China.
>
> Do you think the NBA actually gives a fuck about minority issues or is it just
> all about the quatloos?

You're confusing the NBA with the whores of the NFL. NBA players are
allowed to kneel. Coach Steve Kerr has been extremely vocal on these
issues. And you're a fucking idiot per usual. You should acquaint
yourself with reality sometimes instead of the horseshit you consume
daily on this.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<270820220715201242%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154203&group=rec.arts.tv#154203

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 07:15:20 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 11:15 UTC

In article <tec37v$79jn$1@dont-email.me>, Arthur Lipscomb
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 8/26/2022 7:45 PM, A Friend wrote:

> >> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
> >

> > Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
> > been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
> > more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
> > alone in this.
> >

> They already made a sequel in 2012, "A Christmas Story 2." I've erased
> it from my memory, but the one star I gave it on Netflix tells me I
> hated it and never wanted to see it again.

That was the sequel, all right, but IIRC the only cast member who
carried over was Tedde Moore as the teacher. It was aka My Summer
Story.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<2dckgh9o9j3hbem7blsc87ggv3mq9seo48@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154243&group=rec.arts.tv#154243

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 11:02:33 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 15:02 UTC

On Fri, 26 Aug 2022 20:56:56 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>Fans got their first introduction to Ralphie's family and friends
>nearly 40 years ago in the film that would become a Christmas classic -
>and a sequel to "A Christmas Story" will drop this year on HBO Max in
>November.
>
>In the highly anticipated film titled "A Christmas Story Christmas,"
>fans will check in on "grown-up" Ralphie - played once again by Peter
>Billingsly - who "must deal with Christmas and all that comes with it,
>this time as a dad," according to the a description from the streaming
>site, Deadline reported in a piece published Wednesday.
>
>"With the same attention-to-real-life tone of the first, Ralphie
>reconnects with childhood friends, reconciles the passing of his Old
>Man and sows the seeds for the origins of the beloved holiday classic,"
>the film's logline read, per E! News,
>
>It will reportedly take place in the 1970s, with Billingsly playing an
>adult Ralphie, bringing his family to his childhood home for the
>holiday, Variety reported. Erinn Hayes, Julianna Layne, River Drosche,
>RD Robb and Scott Schwartz along with Zack Ward and Julie Hagerty also
>star.
>
>The new movie is directed by Clay Kaytis with producers Irwin Zwilling,
>Marc Toberoff, Cale Boyter, Jay Ashenfelter, Peter Billingsley and
>Vince Vaughn.
>
>WATCH:
>

>For those who might have somehow missed the original movie, the film
>follows a kid in the 1940s, (Ralphie) on the adventure that culminates
>in him getting the one Christmas gift he would die for, a Red Ryder BB
>rifle from Santa Claus. Through a serious of hilarious incidents,
>everyone from his teacher to the Santa Claus mall tells him he will
>"shoot his eye out" if he gets one.
>
>But regardless, Santa does deliver that BB gun on Christmas morning and
>well, not to spoil it, but the advice he got from others about the
>potential risks of owning a rifle do not seem completely unwarranted.
>
>Despite the cult following the legendary Christmas movie has had, it
>was originally considered a box office flop in 1983 when it hit the big
>screen, E! News noted.
>
>"A Christmas Story Christmas" debuts on HBO Max November 17.

There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
Hollywood.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<MMqOK.906386$wIO9.625327@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154249&group=rec.arts.tv#154249

Expect It
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 11:30:50 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 15:30 UTC

On 8/26/2022 11:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 26, 2022 at 8:21:10 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> I'd say he's more likely indicating he's triggered by the endless
>>> disingenuous
>>> virtue-signaling from corporations on this issue and others like Black Lives
>>> Matter.
>>>
>>> Exxon, for example, puts a rainbow in its logo for gay pride month here. Do
>>> you think they're doing that in Saudi Arabia, too? Or are they only doing it
>>> in places where they think it'll make them money and not doing it where they
>>> think it'll cost them money? In which case, do you think they actually give
>>> fuck about gay pride and LGBTQ=LMNOP issues or is it just all about the
>>> quatloos?
>>
>> *Maybe* they're doing it where it's persuasive rather than suicidal...
>
> The NBA virtue-signals support for Black Lives Matter in the U.S. and allows
> the players to sport BLM-related slogans on their jerseys but won't allow them
> to display slogans showing support for the Uyghurs that China is actively
> genociding. There would be nothing 'suicidal' about allowing it. It would only
> cost the NBA a shit-ton of money in revoked merchandising and television
> rights in China.
>
> Do you think the NBA actually gives a fuck about minority issues or is it just
> all about the quatloos?

Afaik, the NBA is largely black. Do you think their policy might be
different if they were largely Uyghur? ...or even Chinese?

As for their "virtue-signaling", I'm pretty sure my opinion of the NBA
is unaffected by what slogans I see individual players wearing...

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<huadnUrf87ykoZf-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154254&group=rec.arts.tv#154254

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 11:45:50 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 15:45 UTC

NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:

>There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
>But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
>Hollywood.

Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<rqKcncFc4LuYo5f-nZ2dnZfqnPjNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154258&group=rec.arts.tv#154258

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Expect It
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 11:53:30 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 15:53 UTC

arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
> On 8/26/2022 7:45 PM, A Friend wrote:
>> Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Ubiquitous

>>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>>
>> Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
>> been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
>> more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
>> alone in this.
>
>They already made a sequel in 2012, "A Christmas Story 2." I've erased
>it from my memory, but the one star I gave it on Netflix tells me I
>hated it and never wanted to see it again.

Yeah, it was pretty heinous, but sequels like this stink because they feel
they have to hit all the good points of the first one like an annoying
person elbowing you in the ribs every 5 seconds saying, "remember that,
remember that...?"

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<atropos-976CD5.09364327082022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154274&group=rec.arts.tv#154274

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 09:36:43 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 16:36 UTC

In article <MMqOK.906386$wIO9.625327@fx12.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 8/26/2022 11:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > On Aug 26, 2022 at 8:21:10 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> > wrote:

> >> *Maybe* they're doing it where it's persuasive rather than suicidal...
> >
> > The NBA virtue-signals support for Black Lives Matter in the U.S. and
> > allows the players to sport BLM-related slogans on their jerseys but won't
> > allow them to display slogans showing support for the Uyghurs that China
> > is actively genociding. There would be nothing 'suicidal' about allowing it.
> > It would only cost the NBA a shit-ton of money in revoked merchandising
> > and television rights in China.
> >
> > Do you think the NBA actually gives a fuck about minority issues or is it
> > just all about the quatloos?
>
> Afaik, the NBA is largely black. Do you think their policy might be
> different if they were largely Uyghur?

If they were largely Uyghur, they wouldn't have a Chinese market to
worry about in the first place.

And it's the *black* players who wanted to show support for the Uyghurs
on their jerseys who were denied permission to do by the white guys at
the top who control the NBA.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<270820221429214239%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154299&group=rec.arts.tv#154299

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 14:29:21 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 18:29 UTC

In article <huadnUrf87ykoZf-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:
>
> >There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
> >But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
> >Hollywood.
>
> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?

Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
but during the summer.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<T0uOK.785290$5fVf.571569@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154303&group=rec.arts.tv#154303

Expect It
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 15:12:49 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 19:12 UTC

On 8/27/2022 12:36 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <MMqOK.906386$wIO9.625327@fx12.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/26/2022 11:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> The NBA virtue-signals support for Black Lives Matter in the U.S. and
>>> allows the players to sport BLM-related slogans on their jerseys but won't
>>> allow them to display slogans showing support for the Uyghurs that China
>>> is actively genociding. There would be nothing 'suicidal' about allowing it.
>>> It would only cost the NBA a shit-ton of money in revoked merchandising
>>> and television rights in China.
>>>
>>> Do you think the NBA actually gives a fuck about minority issues or is it
>>> just all about the quatloos?
>>
>> Afaik, the NBA is largely black. Do you think their policy might be
>> different if they were largely Uyghur?
>
> If they were largely Uyghur, they wouldn't have a Chinese market to
> worry about in the first place.
>
> And it's the *black* players who wanted to show support for the Uyghurs
> on their jerseys who were denied permission to do by the white guys at
> the top who control the NBA.

And both actions are understandable from a PR point of view (which, yes,
is another name for "virtue-signaling", as every corporation knows).

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<o2uOK.785291$5fVf.353800@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154305&group=rec.arts.tv#154305

Expect It
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 15:14:25 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 19:14 UTC

On 8/27/2022 2:29 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <huadnUrf87ykoZf-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
> <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:
>>
>>> There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
>>> But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
>>> Hollywood.
>>
>> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?
>

> Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
> but during the summer.

So, probably not in Australia either, I'm guessing...

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<atropos-27788A.12294027082022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154307&group=rec.arts.tv#154307

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <lsGcnVLfbal_9pT-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com> <6f0ea919-a267-4784-bf7c-09a9ef950dfdn@googlegroups.com> <260820222245468038%nope@noway.com> <bracnVn6jLMCFpT-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com> <J4gOK.162002$Dh2.63377@fx42.iad> <ewidnQ6SWPBuE5T-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com> <MMqOK.906386$wIO9.625327@fx12.iad> <atropos-976CD5.09364327082022@news.giganews.com> <T0uOK.785290$5fVf.571569@fx09.iad>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:29:41 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 19:29 UTC

In article <T0uOK.785290$5fVf.571569@fx09.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 8/27/2022 12:36 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <MMqOK.906386$wIO9.625327@fx12.iad>,
> > moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> >> Afaik, the NBA is largely black. Do you think their policy might be
> >> different if they were largely Uyghur?
> >
> > If they were largely Uyghur, they wouldn't have a Chinese market to
> > worry about in the first place.
> >
> > And it's the *black* players who wanted to show support for the Uyghurs
> > on their jerseys who were denied permission to do by the white guys at
> > the top who control the NBA.
>
> And both actions are understandable from a PR point of view (which, yes,
> is another name for "virtue-signaling", as every corporation knows).

So PR with a dictatorial regime that's oppressing a religious minority
is more important than expressions of support for human rights.

Hmm... sounds an awful lot like what I said it was: all about the
quatloos.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<_VuOK.147866$dh2.79952@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154311&group=rec.arts.tv#154311

Expect It
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 16:13:43 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 20:13 UTC

On 8/27/2022 3:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <T0uOK.785290$5fVf.571569@fx09.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/27/2022 12:36 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> If they were largely Uyghur, they wouldn't have a Chinese market to
>>> worry about in the first place.
>>>
>>> And it's the *black* players who wanted to show support for the Uyghurs
>>> on their jerseys who were denied permission to do by the white guys at
>>> the top who control the NBA.
>>
>> And both actions are understandable from a PR point of view (which, yes,
>> is another name for "virtue-signaling", as every corporation knows).
>
> So PR with a dictatorial regime that's oppressing a religious minority
> is more important than expressions of support for human rights.
>
> Hmm... sounds an awful lot like what I said it was: all about the
> quatloos.

Yes, people acting in concert must occasionally contradict their own
personal wishes. What you can *hope* to do is to retain even some
principles you can't act on. And, *CEOs* ignore "quatloos" at peril.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<270820221808050300%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154332&group=rec.arts.tv#154332

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 18:08:05 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:08 UTC

In article <o2uOK.785291$5fVf.353800@fx09.iad>, moviePig
<pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 8/27/2022 2:29 PM, A Friend wrote:
> > In article <huadnUrf87ykoZf-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
> > <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> >> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?
> >

> > Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
> > but during the summer.
>
> So, probably not in Australia either, I'm guessing...

Heh. No, it wasn't. That would have been interesting, at least.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<1156941968.683328331.342772.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154333&group=rec.arts.tv#154333

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's
When To Expect It
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 15:09:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:09 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article <huadnUrf87ykoZf-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
> <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:
>>
>>> There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
>>> But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
>>> Hollywood.
>>
>> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?
>

> Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
> but during the summer.

So it’s a hallmark Christmas story.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<tefb1d$c3n$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154388&group=rec.arts.tv#154388

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Expect It
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 04:03:41 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 09:03 UTC

On 8/28/2022 12:35 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 26 August 2022 at 20:57:15 UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Fans got their first introduction to Ralphie's family and friends
>> nearly 40 years ago in the film that would become a Christmas classic -
>> and a sequel to "A Christmas Story" will drop this year on HBO Max in
>> November.
>>
>> In the highly anticipated film titled "A Christmas Story Christmas,"
>> fans will check in on "grown-up" Ralphie - played once again by Peter
>> Billingsly - who "must deal with Christmas and all that comes with it,
>> this time as a dad," according to the a description from the streaming
>> site, Deadline reported in a piece published Wednesday.
>>
>> "With the same attention-to-real-life tone of the first, Ralphie
>> reconnects with childhood friends, reconciles the passing of his Old
>> Man and sows the seeds for the origins of the beloved holiday classic,"
>> the film's logline read, per E! News,
>>
>> It will reportedly take place in the 1970s, with Billingsly playing an
>> adult Ralphie,
>
> You know what would be funny? If Ralphie had turned into a ostracized geek,

You misspelled "an."

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It