Seek simplicity -- and distrust it. -- Alfred North Whitehead

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

SubjectAuthor
* "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToEd Stasiak
|+- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When TomoviePig
|+- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItBTR1701
|+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
||+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItBTR1701
|||+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When TomoviePig
|||`- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When Totrotsky
||`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToArthur Lipscomb
|| +- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
|| `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToUbiquitous
|`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToDavid Johnston
| +- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When TomoviePig
| +* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| |`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToDavid Johnston
| | +- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| | `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect Itdanny burstein
| `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItNoBody
|`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
| +* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| |+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When TomoviePig
| ||`- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| |+- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here'sanim8rfsk
| |+* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItNoBody
| ||`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| || `* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here'sBill Anderson
| ||  +- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItMack A. Damia
| ||  `* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| ||   `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When ToBill Anderson
| |+- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
| |`* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
| | `* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| |  `* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
| |   `* Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItA Friend
| |    `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItUbiquitous
| `- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect ItNoBody
`- Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When Totrotsky

Pages:12
Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<tefb3d$c3n$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154389&group=rec.arts.tv#154389

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To
Expect It
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 04:04:45 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 09:04 UTC

On 8/28/2022 12:41 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 27 August 2022 at 04:59:23 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> The NBA virtue-signals support for Black Lives Matter in the U.S. and allows
>>> the players to sport BLM-related slogans on their jerseys but won't allow them
>>> to display slogans showing support for the Uyghurs that China is actively
>>> genociding. There would be nothing 'suicidal' about allowing it. It would only
>>> cost the NBA a shit-ton of money in revoked merchandising and television
>>> rights in China.
>>>
>>> Do you think the NBA actually gives a fuck about minority issues or is it just
>>> all about the quatloos?
>> You're confusing the NBA with the whores of the NFL. NBA players are
>> allowed to kneel. Coach Steve Kerr has been extremely vocal on these
>> issues. And you're a fucking idiot per usual. You should acquaint
>> yourself with reality sometimes instead of the horseshit you consume
>> daily on this.
>
> They'd kneel a lot faster if a cop hit them in the back of the knee with a billy-club.

You sound like a eunuch who has no dick either.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<7fvmghd94eae0nc02dbbcjsfs3fsr9kde4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154408&group=rec.arts.tv#154408

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 10:38:56 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 14:38 UTC

On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 11:45:50 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:
>
>>There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
>>But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
>>Hollywood.
>
>Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?

Yet another example of journlistic laziness.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<ngvmght9uq3lu0uutb9ma5k8ujqpjjhshs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154409&group=rec.arts.tv#154409

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 10:40:15 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 14:40 UTC

On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 14:29:21 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>In article <huadnUrf87ykoZf-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
><weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:
>>
>> >There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
>> >But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
>> >Hollywood.
>>
>> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?
>

>Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
>but during the summer.

It doesn't excuse the writer's ignorance of the facts. If they can't
get simple facts correct, why should we trust the media with complex
ones?

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<A-ycnerslNLGGpb-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154416&group=rec.arts.tv#154416

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 11:18:49 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 15:18 UTC

In article <270820221429214239%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:

>>> There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
>>> But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
>>> Hollywood.
>>
>> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?
>
>Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
>but during the summer.

I barely remember watching it, save for the lame callbacks. LOL

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<280820221138256030%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154424&group=rec.arts.tv#154424

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 11:38:25 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 15:38 UTC

In article <ngvmght9uq3lu0uutb9ma5k8ujqpjjhshs@4ax.com>, NoBody
<NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 14:29:21 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <huadnUrf87ykoZf-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
> ><weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> >> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?
> >

> >Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
> >but during the summer.
>
> It doesn't excuse the writer's ignorance of the facts.

No, it doesn't, but what I said didn't refer to that writer or any
errors they'd committed. I said that the sequel sucked. Anyone who
wants to disagree with me about that may do so, of course, but they'd
be wrong.

Ralphie's tale is a Christmastime story. It should remain one.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<O8SdnSjbTMVECpb-nZ2dnZfqlJzNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154437&group=rec.arts.tv#154437

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo
Subject: Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's
When To Expect It
From: billande...@yahoo.com (Bill Anderson)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 16:29:13 +0000
 by: Bill Anderson - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 16:29 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article <ngvmght9uq3lu0uutb9ma5k8ujqpjjhshs@4ax.com>, NoBody
> <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 14:29:21 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
>>> but during the summer.
>>
>> It doesn't excuse the writer's ignorance of the facts.
>

> No, it doesn't, but what I said didn't refer to that writer or any
> errors they'd committed. I said that the sequel sucked. Anyone who
> wants to disagree with me about that may do so, of course, but they'd
> be wrong.
>
> Ralphie's tale is a Christmastime story. It should remain one.

No, in fact most of A Christmas Story has nothing to do with Christmas. If
all you know about Ralphie comes from “A Christmas Story,” then you don’t
know Ralphie and you almost certainly do not know Jean Shepherd. I never
thought of the other movies and/or PBS TV shows as “sequels“ to A Christmas
Story as much as additional filmed versions of Shepherd’s works. Some
succeeded more than others, and in my opinion none reached the heights of A
Christmas Story. Nevertheless I watched them all, and would watch more if I
could. I’ve also read the books. Jean Shepherd was a brilliant author and
talk radio innovator.

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/betrayal-jean-shepherd-and-a-christmas-story/

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/in-search-of-jean-shepherds-lost-ralphie-movie.785234/

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<o66ngh53ku0pq4qpip9u2k3md2o4n0k3qb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154439&group=rec.arts.tv#154439

From: drsteerf...@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 09:34:29 -0700
 by: Mack A. Damia - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 16:34 UTC

On Sun, 28 Aug 2022 16:29:13 +0000, Bill Anderson
<billanderson601@yahoo.com> wrote:

>A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>> In article <ngvmght9uq3lu0uutb9ma5k8ujqpjjhshs@4ax.com>, NoBody
>> <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>> It doesn't excuse the writer's ignorance of the facts.
>>

>> No, it doesn't, but what I said didn't refer to that writer or any
>> errors they'd committed. I said that the sequel sucked. Anyone who
>> wants to disagree with me about that may do so, of course, but they'd
>> be wrong.
>>
>> Ralphie's tale is a Christmastime story. It should remain one.
>>

>No, in fact most of A Christmas Story has nothing to do with Christmas. If
>all you know about Ralphie comes from “A Christmas Story,” then you don’t
>know Ralphie and you almost certainly do not know Jean Shepherd. I never
>thought of the other movies and/or PBS TV shows as “sequels“ to A Christmas
>Story as much as additional filmed versions of Shepherd’s works. Some
>succeeded more than others, and in my opinion none reached the heights of A
>Christmas Story. Nevertheless I watched them all, and would watch more if I
>could. I’ve also read the books. Jean Shepherd was a brilliant author and
>talk radio innovator.
>
>https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/betrayal-jean-shepherd-and-a-christmas-story/
>
>https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/in-search-of-jean-shepherds-lost-ralphie-movie.785234/

"A Friend" said it was a "Christmastime story"

He is correct.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<280820221449186072%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154473&group=rec.arts.tv#154473

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 14:49:18 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 18:49 UTC

In article <O8SdnSjbTMVECpb-nZ2dnZfqlJzNnZ2d@giganews.com>, Bill
Anderson <billanderson601@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> > In article <ngvmght9uq3lu0uutb9ma5k8ujqpjjhshs@4ax.com>, NoBody
> > <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

> >> It doesn't excuse the writer's ignorance of the facts.
> >

> > No, it doesn't, but what I said didn't refer to that writer or any
> > errors they'd committed. I said that the sequel sucked. Anyone who
> > wants to disagree with me about that may do so, of course, but they'd
> > be wrong.
> >
> > Ralphie's tale is a Christmastime story. It should remain one.
> >

> No, in fact most of A Christmas Story has nothing to do with Christmas. If
> all you know about Ralphie comes from ³A Christmas Story,² then you don¹t
> know Ralphie and you almost certainly do not know Jean Shepherd.

I was listening to Jean Shepherd almost every night on the radio in the
1960s on WOR. I was at one or two of the live shows he did on Saturday
nights at the Limelight, and I listened to many, many more of them.

Yes, I've read the collections.

Some of the source material for A Christmas Story was drawn from
non-Yuletide tales, but what was used was compatible after a nip here
and a tuck there. (The story about the Little Orphan Annie decoder
instantly comes to mind. That one had absolutely nothing to do with
Christmas, either in print or in the movie, but it fit into the film
well enough. It also dated the film to 1940.)

I would highly recommend Phantom of the Open Hearth for non-holiday
Shep.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<o_qdnd-HeKfJIZb-nZ2dnZfqnPvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154483&group=rec.arts.tv#154483

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 14:04:52 -0500
Expect It
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo
From: billande...@yahoo.com (Bill Anderson)
 by: Bill Anderson - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 19:04 UTC

On 8/28/2022 1:49 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <O8SdnSjbTMVECpb-nZ2dnZfqlJzNnZ2d@giganews.com>, Bill
> Anderson <billanderson601@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> No, it doesn't, but what I said didn't refer to that writer or any
>>> errors they'd committed. I said that the sequel sucked. Anyone who
>>> wants to disagree with me about that may do so, of course, but they'd
>>> be wrong.
>>>
>>> Ralphie's tale is a Christmastime story. It should remain one.
>>>

>> No, in fact most of A Christmas Story has nothing to do with Christmas. If
>> all you know about Ralphie comes from ³A Christmas Story,² then you don¹t
>> know Ralphie and you almost certainly do not know Jean Shepherd.
>

> I was listening to Jean Shepherd almost every night on the radio in the
> 1960s on WOR. I was at one or two of the live shows he did on Saturday
> nights at the Limelight, and I listened to many, many more of them.
>
> Yes, I've read the collections.
>
> Some of the source material for A Christmas Story was drawn from
> non-Yuletide tales, but what was used was compatible after a nip here
> and a tuck there. (The story about the Little Orphan Annie decoder
> instantly comes to mind. That one had absolutely nothing to do with
> Christmas, either in print or in the movie, but it fit into the film
> well enough. It also dated the film to 1940.)
>
> I would highly recommend Phantom of the Open Hearth for non-holiday
> Shep.

I'm glad you are a fan and I'm envious that you listened to the radio
shows live. But I'm perplexed that you would confine Ralphie's tale to
Christmastime. We seem to agree the character is far more than that.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<teij55$1380p$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154628&group=rec.arts.tv#154628

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 10:40:37 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 14:40 UTC

In article <270820221429214239%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:

>>> There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
>>> But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
>>> Hollywood.
>>
>> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?
>
> Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
> but during the summer.

Christmas Story 2 didn't take place in the summer.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<290820221236024822%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154640&group=rec.arts.tv#154640

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:36:02 -0400
 by: A Friend - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 16:36 UTC

In article <teij55$1380p$9@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> In article <270820221429214239%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> >> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?
> >
> > Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
> > but during the summer.
>
> Christmas Story 2 didn't take place in the summer.

That wasn't the sequel, but just the second film in a planned series.
The actual sequel to the original film is called It Runs in the Family
and is also known as My Summer Story. It's from 1994.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110168/

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<teism8$16g2v$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154653&group=rec.arts.tv#154653

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 13:23:19 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:23 UTC

In article <290820221236024822%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> nope@noway.com wrote:

>>> Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
>>> but during the summer.
>>
>> Christmas Story 2 didn't take place in the summer.
>
>That wasn't the sequel, but just the second film in a planned series.
>The actual sequel to the original film is called It Runs in the Family
>and is also known as My Summer Story. It's from 1994.
>
>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110168/

I did not know that!

I have no recollection of it, but judging from the trailer, I would have
NEVER guessed it was related. I'm surprised no one thought of making the link
clear.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<290820221449417354%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154675&group=rec.arts.tv#154675

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 14:49:41 -0400
 by: A Friend - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:49 UTC

In article <teism8$16g2v$4@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> In article <290820221236024822%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> >> Christmas Story 2 didn't take place in the summer.
> >
> >That wasn't the sequel, but just the second film in a planned series.
> >The actual sequel to the original film is called It Runs in the Family
> >and is also known as My Summer Story. It's from 1994.
> >
> >https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110168/
>
> I did not know that!
>
> I have no recollection of it, but judging from the trailer, I would have
> NEVER guessed it was related. I'm surprised no one thought of making the link
> clear.

There's a brief scene that shows Ralph and his brother fighting about
who's going to play with the rifle. That's about it.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<DfWcnedGoKbhpJD-nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154715&group=rec.arts.tv#154715

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,rec.arts.movies.past-films
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:11:04 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 22:11 UTC

In article <290820221449417354%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> nope@noway.com wrote:

>> >That wasn't the sequel, but just the second film in a planned series.
>> >The actual sequel to the original film is called It Runs in the Family
>> >and is also known as My Summer Story. It's from 1994.
>> >
>> >https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110168/
>>
>> I did not know that!
>>
>> I have no recollection of it, but judging from the trailer, I would have
>> NEVER guessed it was related. I'm surprised no one thought of making the
>> link clear.
>
>There's a brief scene that shows Ralph and his brother fighting about
>who's going to play with the rifle. That's about it.

I meant in the trailer, like "Ralphie from Christmas Story is back in a new
movie!".

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<tgifnf$1oio$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157806&group=rec.arts.tv#157806

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Expect It
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 14:14:38 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 20:14 UTC

On 2022-08-26 8:16 p.m., Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Ubiquitous
>>
>> In the highly anticipated film
>
> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?

I am totally unfamiliar with "A Christmas Story"

>> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"

That is an amazingly stupid title.

>> Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
>> Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"
>
> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?

I'd say the chances of that happening are one in a thousand.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<lx3XK.488415$iiS8.244352@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157808&group=rec.arts.tv#157808

Expect It
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 16:25:52 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 20:25 UTC

On 9/22/2022 4:14 PM, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2022-08-26 8:16 p.m., Ed Stasiak wrote:
>>> Ubiquitous
>>>
>>> In the highly anticipated film
>>
>> Really?  A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>
> I am totally unfamiliar with "A Christmas Story"
>

>>> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
>
> That is an amazingly stupid title.
>
>>> Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
>>> Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"
>>
>> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?
>
> I'd say the chances of that happening are one in a thousand.

How about merry?

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<220920221713353239%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157824&group=rec.arts.tv#157824

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 17:13:35 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 21:13 UTC

In article <tgifnf$1oio$1@gioia.aioe.org>, David Johnston
<davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2022-08-26 8:16 p.m., Ed Stasiak wrote:
> >> Ubiquitous
> >>
> >> In the highly anticipated film
> >
> > Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>
> I am totally unfamiliar with "A Christmas Story"

"Totally unfamiliar"? You've never encountered any cultural references
to it at all? How did you manage that?

> >> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
>
> That is an amazingly stupid title.

I don't think so, but I am totally familiar with A Christmas Story.

> >> Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
> >> Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"
> >
> > What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?
>
> I'd say the chances of that happening are one in a thousand.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<tgjabn$shr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157892&group=rec.arts.tv#157892

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Expect It
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 21:49:10 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 03:49 UTC

On 2022-09-22 3:13 p.m., A Friend wrote:
> In article <tgifnf$1oio$1@gioia.aioe.org>, David Johnston
> <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>>
>> I am totally unfamiliar with "A Christmas Story"
>

> "Totally unfamiliar"? You've never encountered any cultural references
> to it at all? How did you manage that?

I may have read the title before and forgot it due to its generic
nature. But I just read the synopsis and I definitely don't know that
story and have never seen any of it.

>> That is an amazingly stupid title.
>

> I don't think so, but I am totally familiar with A Christmas Story.

A Christmas Story Christmas? When the hell else would A Christmas Story
happen? I mean they could have just called it "Another Christmas Story"

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<230920220718253751%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157944&group=rec.arts.tv#157944

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 07:18:25 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:18 UTC

In article <tgjabn$shr$1@gioia.aioe.org>, David Johnston
<davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2022-09-22 3:13 p.m., A Friend wrote:
> > In article <tgifnf$1oio$1@gioia.aioe.org>, David Johnston
> > <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> I am totally unfamiliar with "A Christmas Story"
> >

> > "Totally unfamiliar"? You've never encountered any cultural references
> > to it at all? How did you manage that?
>
> I may have read the title before and forgot it due to its generic
> nature. But I just read the synopsis and I definitely don't know that
> story and have never seen any of it.

> >> That is an amazingly stupid title.
> >

> > I don't think so, but I am totally familiar with A Christmas Story.
>
> A Christmas Story Christmas? When the hell else would A Christmas Story
> happen? I mean they could have just called it "Another Christmas Story"

You've said that you know nothing at all about the original work,
including how familiar it's become over the past 40 years. Please stop
proving it.

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<tgk6oh$2gq01$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157953&group=rec.arts.tv#157953

Followup: alt.troll
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 04:30:50 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 08:30 UTC

In article <tgifnf$1oio$1@gioia.aioe.org>, davidjohnston29@yahoo.com wrote:
> On 2022-08-26 8:16 p.m., Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Ubiquitous

>>> In the highly anticipated film
>>
>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>
> I am totally unfamiliar with "A Christmas Story"

TROLL-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

Re: "A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

<tgk9b9$85n$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157956&group=rec.arts.tv#157956

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 12:38:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 12:38 UTC

In <tgjabn$shr$1@gioia.aioe.org> David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> writes:

[snip]
>> I don't think so, but I am totally familiar with A Christmas Story.

>A Christmas Story Christmas? When the hell else would A Christmas Story
>happen? I mean they could have just called it "Another Christmas Story"

Clearly you're not a New Yorker of a certain age.

We had an electronics chain store called "Crazy Eddie".

One series of memorial adverts had their spokesman
on tv with towels wiping the sweat off and off and off,
screaming out (roughly):

"It's August, the air is hot and humid. Time now
for Crazie Eddie's Chrismas Sale!"

"His prices are INSSAAANNNNEEE!"

dannyb@panix.com