It's amazing how much better you feel once you've given up hope.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Thanks, COVID!

SubjectAuthor
* Thanks, COVID!BTR1701
+- Re: Thanks, COVID!trotsky
+* Re: Thanks, COVID!trotsky
|`- Re: Thanks, COVID!trotsky
`* Re: Thanks, COVID!Rhino
 +- Re: Thanks, COVID!Bering Sea Bar & Brig
 +* Re: Thanks, COVID!BTR1701
 |+* Re: Thanks, COVID!danny burstein
 ||+* Re: Thanks, COVID!BTR1701
 |||+* Re: Thanks, COVID!danny burstein
 |||+- Re: Thanks, COVID!trotsky
 |||`- Re: Thanks, COVID!The Horny Goat
 ||`- Re: Thanks, COVID!Ubiquitous
 |`- Re: Thanks, COVID!trotsky
 +- Re: Thanks, COVID!Ubiquitous
 `- Re: Thanks, COVID!The Horny Goat

Pages:12
Thanks, COVID!

<PZ6dnZVnBZMFWPD-nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164288&group=rec.arts.tv#164288

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Thanks, COVID!
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 03:46:32 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 03:46 UTC

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1589111862716559360?s=61&t=PQakVTOHkNbWjBZ5kX_ykQ

I noticed that SNL has finally ditched that ridiculous thing where they do
the whole show without masks, then at the very end, when they all take
their bows as the credits roll, suddenly everyone has masks on. As if that
made the slightest bit of sense whatsoever.

Only THE VIEW is left, still forcing its entire audience to wear masks
while the chattering harpies on stage sit there bare-faced. But if you
asked them about they'd almost certainly claim to be following The Science
(TM).

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tklahp$hvi$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164310&group=rec.arts.tv#164310

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Thanks, COVID!
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 05:09:44 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:09 UTC

On 11/10/22 9:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1589111862716559360?s=61&t=PQakVTOHkNbWjBZ5kX_ykQ
>
> I noticed that SNL has finally ditched that ridiculous thing where they do
> the whole show without masks, then at the very end, when they all take
> their bows as the credits roll, suddenly everyone has masks on. As if that
> made the slightest bit of sense whatsoever.

Wait, so you've never heard of social distancing, or are you too stupid
to know what it means? However, I know where you're coming from. If
the right wing pieces of shit in this country don't give a flying fuck
about the health of the mother in abortion situations why should you
give a flying fuck about the 1.07 million deaths due to covid thus far
and precautionary measures attempting to prevent these? Additionally,
many right wingers could easily be described as dumber than dirt, and
who even gives a shit if they die? Natural selection, right? Social
Darwinism? But then there's all the rest that deserve to live, so
therein lies the rub.

> Only THE VIEW is left, still forcing its entire audience to wear masks
> while the chattering harpies on stage sit there bare-faced. But if you
> asked them about they'd almost certainly claim to be following The Science
> (TM).

Right. Don't forget that belong to the party that has people that say
Dr. Fauci should be prosecuted for being one of the world's foremost
experts on infectious diseases. Here's how the dumber than dirt right
wing people think: "Fauci says use masks and get vaxxed. Right wing
asshole politicians say not too. Fauci is the boogeyman and should be
"prosecuted."" --No functional brain cells at work that I can see. But
I'm sure you have your point of view, it's a pity you're too fucking
stupid to express it in any way that human logic can be applied.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tklaj5$hvi$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164311&group=rec.arts.tv#164311

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 05:10:28 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:10 UTC

On 11/10/22 10:19 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 November 2022 at 22:46:39 UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
>> https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1589111862716559360?s=61&t=PQakVTOHkNbWjBZ5kX_ykQ
>>
>> I noticed that SNL has finally ditched that ridiculous thing where they do
>> the whole show without masks, then at the very end, when they all take
>> their bows as the credits roll, suddenly everyone has masks on. As if that
>> made the slightest bit of sense whatsoever.
>>
>> Only THE VIEW is left, still forcing its entire audience to wear masks
>> while the chattering harpies on stage sit there bare-faced. But if you
>> asked them about they'd almost certainly claim to be following The Science
>> (TM).
>
> There are people making noises

More right wing shitheadedness snipped.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<qj4tmhlk7rgmffc76m8aj2seohskitqf7q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164366&group=rec.arts.tv#164366

From: No_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 13:27:45 -0500
 by: Rhino - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 18:27 UTC

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 03:46:32 +0000, BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1589111862716559360?s=61&t=PQakVTOHkNbWjBZ5kX_ykQ
>
>I noticed that SNL has finally ditched that ridiculous thing where they do
>the whole show without masks, then at the very end, when they all take
>their bows as the credits roll, suddenly everyone has masks on. As if that
>made the slightest bit of sense whatsoever.
>
>Only THE VIEW is left, still forcing its entire audience to wear masks
>while the chattering harpies on stage sit there bare-faced. But if you
>asked them about they'd almost certainly claim to be following The Science
>(TM).

I have a bad feeling that mask mandates are coming back in Canada very
soon. There have been multiple articles in the last few days from
Medical Officer of Health officeholders at the local, regional and
national level expressing alarm about Covid levels and urging a return
to masking.

Concern seems to be especially high for kids this time around, even
though kids were practically immune to earlier variants and didn't
seem to pass it on even when they were carriers.

Of course our whole medical system is reputedly on the verge of
collapse, or at least umpteen articles in recent months have insisted.
And then there's the virtual impossibility of getting hold of
children's Tylenol in recent weeks, largely owing to the packaging
laws of all things! (We can't just import American Tylenol because
the packaging is monolingual in English and everything in this country
has to be packaged in containers with text in English AND French.)

This country is on a slow slide down to being a Third World country.
We're not as bad as Haiti yet but we're working on it....

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<653865b1-0e6d-40f2-9a80-8f37a7a8b2a1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164377&group=rec.arts.tv#164377

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 12:25:20 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 20:25 UTC

On Friday, November 11, 2022 at 12:27:54 PM UTC-6, Rhino wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 03:46:32 +0000, BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
> >https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1589111862716559360?s=61&t=PQakVTOHkNbWjBZ5kX_ykQ
> >
> >I noticed that SNL has finally ditched that ridiculous thing where they do
> >the whole show without masks, then at the very end, when they all take
> >their bows as the credits roll, suddenly everyone has masks on. As if that
> >made the slightest bit of sense whatsoever.
> >
> >Only THE VIEW is left, still forcing its entire audience to wear masks
> >while the chattering harpies on stage sit there bare-faced. But if you
> >asked them about they'd almost certainly claim to be following The Science
> >(TM).
> I have a bad feeling that mask mandates are coming back in Canada very
> soon. There have been multiple articles in the last few days from
> Medical Officer of Health officeholders at the local, regional and
> national level expressing alarm about Covid levels and urging a return
> to masking.
>
> Concern seems to be especially high for kids this time around, even
> though kids were practically immune to earlier variants and didn't
> seem to pass it on even when they were carriers.
>
> Of course our whole medical system is reputedly on the verge of
> collapse, or at least umpteen articles in recent months have insisted.
> And then there's the virtual impossibility of getting hold of
> children's Tylenol in recent weeks, largely owing to the packaging
> laws of all things! (We can't just import American Tylenol because
> the packaging is monolingual in English and everything in this country
> has to be packaged in containers with text in English AND French.)
>
> This country is on a slow slide down to being a Third World country.
> We're not as bad as Haiti yet but we're working on it....

Sure its not like anyone transported booze to Amerika during prohibition. See that bridge from Detroit to Ontario?
Any goober can fill a car trunk at Walgreen.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<LyGdnc-zNYEtZvP-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164413&group=rec.arts.tv#164413

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 01:49:36 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 01:49 UTC

On Nov 11, 2022 at 10:27:45 AM PST, "Rhino" <No_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 03:46:32 +0000, BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>> https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1589111862716559360?s=61&t=PQakVTOHkNbWjBZ5kX_ykQ
>>
>> I noticed that SNL has finally ditched that ridiculous thing where they do
>> the whole show without masks, then at the very end, when they all take
>> their bows as the credits roll, suddenly everyone has masks on. As if that
>> made the slightest bit of sense whatsoever.
>>
>> Only THE VIEW is left, still forcing its entire audience to wear masks
>> while the chattering harpies on stage sit there bare-faced. But if you
>> asked them about they'd almost certainly claim to be following The Science
>> (TM).
>
> I have a bad feeling that mask mandates are coming back in Canada very
> soon. There have been multiple articles in the last few days from
> Medical Officer of Health officeholders at the local, regional and
> national level expressing alarm about Covid levels and urging a return
> to masking.

Yes, because let's keep doing the same things that in hindsight were
completely ineffectual.

Or maybe it's not about public health. Maybe it's-- as I've said all along--
about control.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tkn14e$hlb$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164420&group=rec.arts.tv#164420

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 02:41:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 02:41 UTC

In <LyGdnc-zNYEtZvP-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:

[snip]

>Yes, because let's keep doing the same things that in hindsight were

>completely ineffectual.

>Or maybe it's not about public health. Maybe it's-- as I've said all along--

>about control.

Or far more likely, you're a delusional #deathcult #denialist.

Pathetic and sad

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<EuScnfySyZ7hl_L-nZ2dnZfqn_sAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164422&group=rec.arts.tv#164422

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 02:52:44 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 02:52 UTC

On Nov 11, 2022 at 6:41:18 PM PST, "danny burstein" <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

> In <LyGdnc-zNYEtZvP-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Yes, because let's keep doing the same things that in hindsight were
>
>> completely ineffectual.
>
>> Or maybe it's not about public health. Maybe it's-- as I've said all along--
>
>> about control.
>
> Or far more likely, you're a delusional #deathcult #denialist.
>
> Pathetic and sad

Yes, I'm in a 'death cult' because I won't be bullied into wrapping my face in
cloth for literally the rest of my life despite the fact that studies by
reputable institutions like Harvard and Stanford have shown mask usage to be
next to useless. I guess the bio-sciences staff at those two premiere
universities are 'denialists', also.

That certainly is a rational position to take.

<rolls eyes>

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tkn219$g9p$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164424&group=rec.arts.tv#164424

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 02:56:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 02:56 UTC

In <EuScnfySyZ7hl_L-nZ2dnZfqn_sAAAAA@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:

>> Or far more likely, you're a delusional #deathcult #denialist.
>>
>> Pathetic and sad

>Yes, I'm in a 'death cult' because I won't be bullied into wrapping my face in

>cloth for literally the rest of my life despite the fact that studies by

>reputable institutions like Harvard and Stanford have shown mask usage to be

>next to useless. I guess the bio-sciences staff at those two premiere

>universities are 'denialists', also.

Nope.

Over a million excess deaths in the US in the past two years,
just about every pediatric hospital in the country righ
now overflowing, but go one with your delusions.

Just sad.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<p8ucnbx4G_iFjvL-nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164427&group=rec.arts.tv#164427

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 03:29:28 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 03:29 UTC

On Nov 11, 2022 at 6:56:41 PM PST, "danny burstein" <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

> In <EuScnfySyZ7hl_L-nZ2dnZfqn_sAAAAA@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
> writes:
>
>>> Or far more likely, you're a delusional #deathcult #denialist.
>>>
>>> Pathetic and sad
>
>> Yes, I'm in a 'death cult' because I won't be bullied into wrapping my face
>> in
>
>> cloth for literally the rest of my life despite the fact that studies by
>
>> reputable institutions like Harvard and Stanford have shown mask usage to be
>
>> next to useless. I guess the bio-sciences staff at those two premiere
>
>> universities are 'denialists', also.
>
> Nope.
>
> Over a million excess deaths in the US in the past two years,
> just about every pediatric hospital in the country righ
> now overflowing, but go one with your delusions.

None of that means masks do jack-all to stop it. As Harvard and Stanford
reported in their studies.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tkn4ei$l0i$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164429&group=rec.arts.tv#164429

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 03:37:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 03:37 UTC

In <p8ucnbx4G_iFjvL-nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:

[snip]

>None of that means masks do jack-all to stop it. As Harvard and Stanford
>reported in their studies.

Gee, tripling down on your #delusional #denialism, eh?

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<A8WdnY20CYXni_L-nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164430&group=rec.arts.tv#164430

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 03:43:54 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 03:43 UTC

On Nov 11, 2022 at 7:37:54 PM PST, "danny burstein" <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

> In <p8ucnbx4G_iFjvL-nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
>> None of that means masks do jack-all to stop it. As Harvard and Stanford
>> reported in their studies.
>
> Gee, tripling down on your #delusional #denialism, eh?

Someone's in denial here and it ain't me, chief. Even Lord Biden and his CDC
have admitted that masks have "limited effectiveness" with regard to stopping
the spread of the Wuhan Flu.

If you're pretending that Harvard, Stanford, and Creepy Uncle Joe all don't
exist or haven't said what they've factually said in service to your puerile
name-calling campaign, you might want to train the nearest mirror on yourself
the next time you type your insipid hashtags (which don't even have any
relevance outside of Twitter, genius).

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tkn51g$q6f$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164431&group=rec.arts.tv#164431

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 03:48:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 03:48 UTC

In <A8WdnY20CYXni_L-nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:

>Someone's in denial here and it ain't me, chief. Even Lord Biden and his CDC

>have admitted that masks have "limited effectiveness" with regard to stopping

>the spread of the Wuhan Flu.

Gee, just like ballistic (so called "bullet proof") vests have only
"limited effectiveness", yet I sure don't see you refusing
to wear one.

Just another #deathcultist #delusional. Sad.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tkndba$144fh$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164443&group=rec.arts.tv#164443

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 06:09:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 06:09 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:

>>>Or far more likely, you're a delusional #deathcult #denialist.

>>>Pathetic and sad

>>Yes, I'm in a 'death cult' because I won't be bullied into wrapping
>>my face in cloth for literally the rest of my life despite the fact
>>that studies by reputable institutions like Harvard and Stanford have
>>shown mask usage to be next to useless. I guess the bio-sciences staff
>>at those two premiere universities are 'denialists', also.

>Nope.

>Over a million excess deaths in the US in the past two years,
>just about every pediatric hospital in the country righ
>now overflowing, but go one with your delusions.

>Just sad.

That's RSV, not COVID. The reason RSV is so out of control is that
babies who normally would have been infected and then benefitted from
partial immunity got infected at ages 3 and 4 thanks to the COVID
lockdowns. Double or triple the number of children are infected with RSV
right now than in a normal season.

Pediatric hospitals also tend to have tiny ICUs.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tknrid$17mh$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164462&group=rec.arts.tv#164462

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 04:12:29 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 10:12 UTC

On 11/11/22 7:49 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2022 at 10:27:45 AM PST, "Rhino" <No_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 03:46:32 +0000, BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1589111862716559360?s=61&t=PQakVTOHkNbWjBZ5kX_ykQ
>>>
>>> I noticed that SNL has finally ditched that ridiculous thing where they do
>>> the whole show without masks, then at the very end, when they all take
>>> their bows as the credits roll, suddenly everyone has masks on. As if that
>>> made the slightest bit of sense whatsoever.
>>>
>>> Only THE VIEW is left, still forcing its entire audience to wear masks
>>> while the chattering harpies on stage sit there bare-faced. But if you
>>> asked them about they'd almost certainly claim to be following The Science
>>> (TM).
>>
>> I have a bad feeling that mask mandates are coming back in Canada very
>> soon. There have been multiple articles in the last few days from
>> Medical Officer of Health officeholders at the local, regional and
>> national level expressing alarm about Covid levels and urging a return
>> to masking.
>
> Yes, because let's keep doing the same things that in hindsight were
> completely ineffectual.
>
> Or maybe it's not about public health. Maybe it's-- as I've said all along--
> about control.

Maybe it's about you responding to the stupidest people on the group to
get agreement.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tkntmi$80f$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164474&group=rec.arts.tv#164474

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 04:48:50 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 10:48 UTC

On 11/11/22 8:52 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2022 at 6:41:18 PM PST, "danny burstein" <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>
>> In <LyGdnc-zNYEtZvP-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
>> writes:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> Yes, because let's keep doing the same things that in hindsight were
>>
>>> completely ineffectual.
>>
>>> Or maybe it's not about public health. Maybe it's-- as I've said all along--
>>
>>> about control.
>>
>> Or far more likely, you're a delusional #deathcult #denialist.
>>
>> Pathetic and sad
>
> Yes, I'm in a 'death cult' because I won't be bullied into wrapping my face in
> cloth for literally the rest of my life

1.07 million is the current U.S. death total. Simple question: DO YOU
ADMIT TO BEING COMPLICIT IN THIS?

You have no balls, no identity, no honesty, and no self awareness. You
really should fuck off but because there is no moderation here you have
the unlimited ability to SHITPOST. Hope this helps.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tknttl$80f$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164476&group=rec.arts.tv#164476

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 04:52:37 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 10:52 UTC

On 11/11/22 8:56 PM, danny burstein wrote:
> In <EuScnfySyZ7hl_L-nZ2dnZfqn_sAAAAA@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:
>
>>> Or far more likely, you're a delusional #deathcult #denialist.
>>>
>>> Pathetic and sad
>
>> Yes, I'm in a 'death cult' because I won't be bullied into wrapping my face in
>
>> cloth for literally the rest of my life despite the fact that studies by
>
>> reputable institutions like Harvard and Stanford have shown mask usage to be
>
>> next to useless. I guess the bio-sciences staff at those two premiere
>
>> universities are 'denialists', also.
>
> Nope.
>
> Over a million excess deaths in the US in the past two years,
> just about every pediatric hospital in the country righ
> now overflowing, but go one with your delusions.
>
> Just sad.

Thank you. I'm glad someone is the voice of reason. As opposed to
Eunuch Derp who is the voice of a pile of steaming, smelly horseshit.
Who knew animal excrement could talk?

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tknuhs$km8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164481&group=rec.arts.tv#164481

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 05:03:23 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 11:03 UTC

On 11/11/22 9:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2022 at 6:56:41 PM PST, "danny burstein" <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, I'm in a 'death cult' because I won't be bullied into wrapping my face
>>> in
>>
>>> cloth for literally the rest of my life despite the fact that studies by
>>
>>> reputable institutions like Harvard and Stanford have shown mask usage to be
>>
>>> next to useless. I guess the bio-sciences staff at those two premiere
>>
>>> universities are 'denialists', also.
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>> Over a million excess deaths in the US in the past two years,
>> just about every pediatric hospital in the country righ
>> now overflowing, but go one with your delusions.
>
> None of that means masks do jack-all to stop it. As Harvard and Stanford
> reported in their studies.

Is this one of those?

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2021/09/surgical-masks-covid-19.html

Surgical masks reduce COVID-19 spread, large-scale study shows
share

Researchers found that surgical masks impede the spread of COVID-19 and
that just a few, low-cost interventions increase mask-wearing compliance.

Now in fairness surgical masks have the highest level of filtration, but
all masks reduce the spread of the virus as has been pointed out
hundreds of times. Surgical and N95 masks, though, have the added
protection of protecting the wearer from unmasked people, which includes
most right wing assholes. Conclusion: stop shitposting. I'm really
getting bored with your phishing to be called a stupid, worthless
asshole. Do you really need the attention that badly? You probably do
since you got forced into retirement and your coworkers couldn't call
you that.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tknuju$km8$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164482&group=rec.arts.tv#164482

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 05:04:30 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 11:04 UTC

On 11/11/22 9:37 PM, danny burstein wrote:
> In <p8ucnbx4G_iFjvL-nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
>> None of that means masks do jack-all to stop it. As Harvard and Stanford
>> reported in their studies.
>
> Gee, tripling down on your #delusional #denialism, eh?

It's all he has. It's not like he can suck his own dick like Ron Jeremy.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tknumm$km8$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164483&group=rec.arts.tv#164483

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 05:05:58 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 11:05 UTC

On 11/11/22 9:42 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 11 November 2022 at 06:10:33 UTC-5, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> There are people making noises
>> More right wing shitheadedness snipped.
>
> I can understand someone like you liking restrictions and especially, wearing a mask.

Well eunuch'd and anonyshitted. The ironic thing here is being an
anonyshit on the 'net is just wearing a different kind of mask you
stupid motherfucking hypocrite.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tknvhv$106m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164484&group=rec.arts.tv#164484

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 05:20:31 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 11:20 UTC

On 11/11/22 9:43 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2022 at 7:37:54 PM PST, "danny burstein" <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>
>> In <p8ucnbx4G_iFjvL-nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
>> writes:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> None of that means masks do jack-all to stop it. As Harvard and Stanford
>>> reported in their studies.
>>
>> Gee, tripling down on your #delusional #denialism, eh?
>
> Someone's in denial here and it ain't me, chief. Even Lord Biden and his CDC
> have admitted that masks have "limited effectiveness" with regard to stopping
> the spread of the Wuhan Flu.

Fauci is the expert. Your party says Fauci should be "put in prison"
because they're so fucking stupid. Complete and utter lack of respect
for knowledge. Bobby Jindal called it right, the Republicans have
become the party of stupid. Just admit to the facts for fuck's sake.
Not admitting to them is denial. QED.

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tktbsc$1odg3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164678&group=rec.arts.tv#164678

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 04:30:42 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

No_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>I have a bad feeling that mask mandates are coming back in Canada very
>soon. There have been multiple articles in the last few days from
>Medical Officer of Health officeholders at the local, regional and
>national level expressing alarm about Covid levels and urging a return
>to masking.
>
>Concern seems to be especially high for kids this time around, even
>though kids were practically immune to earlier variants and didn't
>seem to pass it on even when they were carriers.
>
>Of course our whole medical system is reputedly on the verge of
>collapse, or at least umpteen articles in recent months have insisted.
>And then there's the virtual impossibility of getting hold of
>children's Tylenol in recent weeks, largely owing to the packaging
>laws of all things! (We can't just import American Tylenol because
>the packaging is monolingual in English and everything in this country
>has to be packaged in containers with text in English AND French.)
>
>This country is on a slow slide down to being a Third World country.
>We're not as bad as Haiti yet but we're working on it....

Democrat Party in America: "Hold our late."

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tktc04$1odg3$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164679&group=rec.arts.tv#164679

Followup: alt.flame
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 04:30:43 -0500

In article <tkn14e$hlb$1@reader2.panix.com>, dannyb@panix.com wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:

>>Yes, because let's keep doing the same things that in hindsight were
>>
>>completely ineffectual.
>>
>>Or maybe it's not about public health. Maybe it's-- as I've said all
>>along--about control.
>
>Or far more likely, you're a delusional #deathcult #denialist.
>Pathetic and sad

Ad hominem noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<tktc4c$1odg3$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164680&group=rec.arts.tv#164680

Followup: alt.troll
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 04:30:44 -0500

In article <tkn219$g9p$1@reader2.panix.com>, dannyb@panix.com wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:

>>> Or far more likely, you're a delusional #deathcult #denialist.
>>>
>>> Pathetic and sad
>>
>> Yes, I'm in a 'death cult' because I won't be bullied into wrapping my
>> face in cloth for literally the rest of my life despite the fact that
>> studies by reputable institutions like Harvard and Stanford have shown
>> mask usage to be next to useless. I guess the bio-sciences staff at those
>> two premiere universities are 'denialists', also.
>
>Nope.
>
>Over a million excess deaths in the US in the past two years,
>just about every pediatric hospital in the country righ
>now overflowing, but go one with your delusions.

TROLL-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

Re: Thanks, COVID!

<3u2dnhl9ntf87mvh1qe9je3i7cksrs34bl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165161&group=rec.arts.tv#165161

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 11:36:51 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 19:36 UTC

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 13:27:45 -0500, Rhino
<No_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 03:46:32 +0000, BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>I have a bad feeling that mask mandates are coming back in Canada very
>soon. There have been multiple articles in the last few days from
>Medical Officer of Health officeholders at the local, regional and
>national level expressing alarm about Covid levels and urging a return
>to masking.

If that's what you're hearing in Ontario you may have to move to BC -
here's a statement from the chief provincial health officer:
https://panow.com/2022/11/16/b-c-health-officer-dr-bonnie-henry-says-no-need-for-heavy-hand-of-mask-mandate/

>Concern seems to be especially high for kids this time around, even
>though kids were practically immune to earlier variants and didn't
>seem to pass it on even when they were carriers.

Perhaps but babies can be carriers too even if they're asymptomatic.

My son attended a course in Dallas, TX and tested positive on his
arrival home. His then 4 month old baby sneezed in my daughter's face
and a week later "auntie Mary" not only tested positive but had strong
symptoms - meanwhile the tyke did not. (My daughter had two weeks of
hell but is fine now - this was in August)

>Of course our whole medical system is reputedly on the verge of
>collapse, or at least umpteen articles in recent months have insisted.
>And then there's the virtual impossibility of getting hold of
>children's Tylenol in recent weeks, largely owing to the packaging
>laws of all things! (We can't just import American Tylenol because
>the packaging is monolingual in English and everything in this country
>has to be packaged in containers with text in English AND French.)

Can't say I've noticed (but then my children are all 30+) but no
question French language language on packages has scuppered all sorts
of things. I remember in our family business when my father withdrew a
product (a superglue in a package about 2 1/2" x 1/2" x 1/2") from our
shelves because the ONLY place on the package a French language
warning could have been placed was directly over the product's name!

>This country is on a slow slide down to being a Third World country.
>We're not as bad as Haiti yet but we're working on it....

I dunno - Justin Trudeau appears to be making a strong effort