If you notice that a person is deceiving you, they must not be deceiving you very well.

arts / rec.arts.tv / CBS "News" vs. Musk.

SubjectAuthor
* CBS "News" vs. Musk.danny burstein
+* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.Adam H. Kerman
|+* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.Rhino
||+- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.Adam H. Kerman
||+* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.A Friend
|||+- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.BTR1701
|||+- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.Dimensional Traveler
|||+- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.Adam H. Kerman
|||`- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.trotsky
||+- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.Ubiquitous
||`* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.Irish Mike
|| +* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.Adam H. Kerman
|| |`* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.The Horny Goat
|| | `* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.Adam H. Kerman
|| |  +- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.The Horny Goat
|| |  `- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.trotsky
|| `- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.trotsky
|`* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.BTR1701
| `- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.trotsky
+* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.BTR1701
|`* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.trotsky
| `- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.Bering Sea Bar & Brig
+- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.trotsky
+- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.chromebook test
`* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.Ubiquitous
 `* Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.BTR1701
  +- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.chromebook test
  `- Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.trotsky

Pages:12
CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<Pine.NEB.4.64.2211192248390.6506@panix1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165565&group=rec.arts.tv#165565

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: CBS "News" vs. Musk.
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 22:48:56 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 22:48 UTC

Kind of like a bar fight between a dozen drinkers and
Walker, Texas Ranger. With similar odds...

[Variety]

CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
About Musk-Owned Social Platform

CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent and
potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.

"In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of caution,
CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to
monitor the platform," Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent,
said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the "CBS Evening
News" Friday.
======
https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/cbs-news-pauses-twitter-posting-1235437572/

dannyb@panix.com

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tlbold$3ai77$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165581&group=rec.arts.tv#165581

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 23:25:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 23:25 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>Kind of like a bar fight between a dozen drinkers and
>Walker, Texas Ranger. With similar odds...

Heh

>[Variety]

> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
>About Musk-Owned Social Platform

> CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent and
>potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.

>"In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of caution,
>CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to
>monitor the platform," Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent,
>said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the "CBS Evening
>News" Friday.
> ======
>https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/cbs-news-pauses-twitter-posting-1235437572/

I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
way if they keep tweeting.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tlbrt9$37b45$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165589&group=rec.arts.tv#165589

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 19:20:56 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 00:20 UTC

On 2022-11-19 6:25 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>
>> Kind of like a bar fight between a dozen drinkers and
>> Walker, Texas Ranger. With similar odds...
>
> Heh
>
>> [Variety]
>
>> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
>> About Musk-Owned Social Platform
>
>> CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent and
>> potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.
>
>> "In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of caution,
>> CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to
>> monitor the platform," Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent,
>> said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the "CBS Evening
>> News" Friday.
>> ======
>> https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/cbs-news-pauses-twitter-posting-1235437572/
>
> I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
> way if they keep tweeting.

I think they feel the need to express their contempt for a guy who is
giving signals that he will let non-"progressive" voices be heard on
Twitter again. CBS can't stand the thought of someone actually
disagreeing with them and their point of view.
--
Rhino

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tlbt37$3b2at$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165593&group=rec.arts.tv#165593

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 00:41:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 00:41 UTC

>On 2022-11-19 6:25 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Kind of like a bar fight between a dozen drinkers and
>>> Walker, Texas Ranger. With similar odds...
>>
>> Heh
>>
>>> [Variety]
>>
>>> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
>>> About Musk-Owned Social Platform
>>
>>> CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent and
>>> potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.
>>
>>> "In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance
>of caution,
>>> CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to
>>> monitor the platform," Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent,
>>> said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the "CBS Evening
>>> News" Friday.
>>> ======
>>>
>https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/cbs-news-pauses-twitter-posting-1235437572/
>>
>> I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
>> way if they keep tweeting.
>
>I think they feel the need to express their contempt for a guy who is
>giving signals that he will let non-"progressive" voices be heard on
>Twitter again. CBS can't stand the thought of someone actually
>disagreeing with them and their point of view.

How do I know that the news department took this position if they don't
tweet about it?

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<191120222121510041%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165599&group=rec.arts.tv#165599

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 21:21:51 -0500
 by: A Friend - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 02:21 UTC

In article <tlbrt9$37b45$4@dont-email.me>, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

> On 2022-11-19 6:25 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> > danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Kind of like a bar fight between a dozen drinkers and
> >> Walker, Texas Ranger. With similar odds...
> >
> > Heh
> >
> >> [Variety]
> >
> >> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
> >> About Musk-Owned Social Platform
> >
> >> CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent
> >> and
> >> potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.
> >
> >> "In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of
> >> caution,
> >> CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues
> >> monitor the platform," Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent,
> >> said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the "CBS Evening
> >> News" Friday.
> >> ======
> >>
> >> https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/cbs-news-pauses-twitter-posting-12354
> >> 37572/
> >
> > I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
> > way if they keep tweeting.
>
> I think they feel the need to express their contempt for a guy who is
> giving signals that he will let non-"progressive" voices be heard on
> Twitter again. CBS can't stand the thought of someone actually
> disagreeing with them and their point of view.

CBS News sees using Twitter when reporting negative news about Twitter
as a potential conflict of interest. It has nothing to do with
anyone's point of view, or bias.

The real problem is that the networks generally do a piss-poor job
about reporting on these matters because they simply don't understand
how the industry works.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<atropos-024AC2.19373519112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165606&group=rec.arts.tv#165606

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 19:38:10 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 03:38 UTC

In article <Pine.NEB.4.64.2211192248390.6506@panix1.panix.com>,
danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

> Kind of like a bar fight between a dozen drinkers and
> Walker, Texas Ranger. With similar odds...
>
> [Variety]
>
> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
> About Musk-Owned Social Platform
>
> CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent and
> potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.
>
> "In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of
> caution,
> CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to
> monitor the platform," Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent,
> said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the "CBS Evening
> News" Friday.

This sounds like virtue-signaling on the part of CBS. What the hell are
they worried about? Do they think Musk is going to change their tweets
and make them say things they don't mean or something?

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<atropos-DA6553.19391319112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165607&group=rec.arts.tv#165607

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 19:39:48 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 03:39 UTC

In article <tlbold$3ai77$7@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>
> >Kind of like a bar fight between a dozen drinkers and
> >Walker, Texas Ranger. With similar odds...
>
> Heh
>
> >[Variety]
>
> > CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
> >About Musk-Owned Social Platform
>
> > CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent and
> >potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.
>
> >"In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of
> >caution, CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to
> >monitor the platform," Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent,
> >said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the "CBS Evening
> >News" Friday.
> > ======
> >https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/cbs-news-pauses-twitter-posting-1235437
> >572/
>
> I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
> way if they keep tweeting.

Exactly.

This is the propagandists in the news department upset that Twitter
isn't following marching orders anymore and pretending to be 'worried
about the platform' as a way of undermining public confidence in it.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<atropos-91320D.19404919112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165608&group=rec.arts.tv#165608

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 19:41:24 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 03:41 UTC

In article <191120222121510041%nope@noway.com>,
A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <tlbrt9$37b45$4@dont-email.me>, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

> > > Heh

> > > I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
> > > way if they keep tweeting.
> >
> > I think they feel the need to express their contempt for a guy who is
> > giving signals that he will let non-"progressive" voices be heard on
> > Twitter again. CBS can't stand the thought of someone actually
> > disagreeing with them and their point of view.
>

> CBS News sees using Twitter when reporting negative news about Twitter
> as a potential conflict of interest.

Weird how that's never bothered any news organization before Musk was
running Twitter.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tlcbb6$3estt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165612&group=rec.arts.tv#165612

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 20:44:24 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 04:44 UTC

On 11/19/2022 6:21 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <tlbrt9$37b45$4@dont-email.me>, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Heh

>>> I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
>>> way if they keep tweeting.
>>
>> I think they feel the need to express their contempt for a guy who is
>> giving signals that he will let non-"progressive" voices be heard on
>> Twitter again. CBS can't stand the thought of someone actually
>> disagreeing with them and their point of view.
>

> CBS News sees using Twitter when reporting negative news about Twitter
> as a potential conflict of interest. It has nothing to do with
> anyone's point of view, or bias.
>
> The real problem is that the networks generally do a piss-poor job
> about reporting on these matters because they simply don't understand
> how the industry works.

As far as can be determined, no one IN the industry knows how it works
either.

dirty old man.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tlcdn0$3f262$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165613&group=rec.arts.tv#165613

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 05:24:48 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 05:24 UTC

A Friend <A Friend> wrote:
>In article <tlbrt9$37b45$4@dont-email.me>, Rhino
><no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>> > Heh

>> > I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
>> > way if they keep tweeting.
>>
>> I think they feel the need to express their contempt for a guy who is
>> giving signals that he will let non-"progressive" voices be heard on
>> Twitter again. CBS can't stand the thought of someone actually
>> disagreeing with them and their point of view.
>

>CBS News sees using Twitter when reporting negative news about Twitter
>as a potential conflict of interest. It has nothing to do with
>anyone's point of view, or bias.

A news organization can have a conflict of interest with a story. It
simply need disclose it. Just because they do a negative story on the
electrical utility doesn't mean they're in a position to cancel their
account so they are no longer a rate payer.

For this kind of medium of communication, Twitter is a monopoly. There
is no other way to communicate with Twitter users. There's no way to see
this as a conflict of interest.

>The real problem is that the networks generally do a piss-poor job
>about reporting on these matters because they simply don't understand
>how the industry works.

I agree with you. Business stories tend to be terrible.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tld2jp$ak$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165621&group=rec.arts.tv#165621

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 05:21:29 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 11:21 UTC

On 11/19/22 6:28 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 November 2022 at 17:49:02 UTC-5, danny burstein wrote:
>> Kind of like a bar fight between a dozen drinkers and
>> Walker, Texas Ranger. With similar odds...
>>
>> [Variety]
>>
>> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
>> About Musk-Owned Social Platform
>>
>> CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent and
>> potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.
>>
>> "In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of caution,
>> CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to
>> monitor the platform,"
>
> A concerted, leftist attempt to shut-down the company because it diverged from the "agenda."

In what way was this supposed to "shut down the company?"

Stop shitposting.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tld2qt$ak$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165623&group=rec.arts.tv#165623

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 05:25:16 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 11:25 UTC

On 11/19/22 8:21 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <tlbrt9$37b45$4@dont-email.me>, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Heh

>>> I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
>>> way if they keep tweeting.
>>
>> I think they feel the need to express their contempt for a guy who is
>> giving signals that he will let non-"progressive" voices be heard on
>> Twitter again. CBS can't stand the thought of someone actually
>> disagreeing with them and their point of view.
>

> CBS News sees using Twitter when reporting negative news about Twitter
> as a potential conflict of interest. It has nothing to do with
> anyone's point of view, or bias.
>
> The real problem is that the networks generally do a piss-poor job
> about reporting on these matters because they simply don't understand
> how the industry works.

I don't know if you're right in this case. I think that Musk
"reinstating" Trump to Twitter is cause for a legitimate news agency to
boycott Twitter. You can call it bias but I would call it a stance for
journalistic integrity. Twitter isn't journalism but should have some
commitment to the truth.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tld2tb$ak$6@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165624&group=rec.arts.tv#165624

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 05:26:35 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 11:26 UTC

On 11/19/22 9:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <Pine.NEB.4.64.2211192248390.6506@panix1.panix.com>,
> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>
>> Kind of like a bar fight between a dozen drinkers and
>> Walker, Texas Ranger. With similar odds...
>>
>> [Variety]
>>
>> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
>> About Musk-Owned Social Platform
>>
>> CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent and
>> potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.
>>
>> "In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of
>> caution,
>> CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to
>> monitor the platform," Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent,
>> said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the "CBS Evening
>> News" Friday.
>
> This sounds like virtue-signaling on the part of CBS. What the hell are
> they worried about? Do they think Musk is going to change their tweets
> and make them say things they don't mean or something?

They're worried about Musk's making it a platform to support right wing
horseshit and Russian disinformation. Any other questions?

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tld307$ak$7@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165625&group=rec.arts.tv#165625

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 05:28:06 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 11:28 UTC

On 11/19/22 9:39 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tlbold$3ai77$7@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Kind of like a bar fight between a dozen drinkers and
>>> Walker, Texas Ranger. With similar odds...
>>
>> Heh
>>
>>> [Variety]
>>
>>> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
>>> About Musk-Owned Social Platform
>>
>>> CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent and
>>> potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.
>>
>>> "In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of
>>> caution, CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to
>>> monitor the platform," Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent,
>>> said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the "CBS Evening
>>> News" Friday.
>>> ======
>>> https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/cbs-news-pauses-twitter-posting-1235437
>>> 572/
>>
>> I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
>> way if they keep tweeting.
>
> Exactly.
>
> This is the propagandists in the news department upset that Twitter
> isn't following marching orders anymore and pretending to be 'worried
> about the platform' as a way of undermining public confidence in it.

More horseshit.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<f0d60e87-d98a-4513-9a57-4f5298ed9d20n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165705&group=rec.arts.tv#165705

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 15:13:44 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 23:13 UTC

On Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 5:49:02 PM UTC-5, danny burstein wrote:

> CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent and
> potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.
>
> "In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of caution,
> CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOkSvLqkafU

-----------

The silliest thing is to pretend to leave something and then come back a day later.

https://twitter.com/LynAldenContact/status/1594454629223469057

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tlfvff$3qd86$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165747&group=rec.arts.tv#165747

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 08:45:05 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:45 UTC

dannyb@panix.com wrote:

> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
> About Musk-Owned Social Platform

CBS News resumed posting on Twitter Sunday after announcing the network would
pause its activity on the platform two days earlier �out of an abundance of
caution� as the social media company moves through an intense period of
change under its new owner Elon Musk.

�After pausing for much of the weekend to assess the security concerns, CBS
News and Stations is resuming its activity on Twitter as we continue to
monitor the situation,� the networks communications team tweeted Sunday
morning.

CBS News reporter Jonathan Vigliotti said Friday that the network would cease
sharing content on Twitter out of �uncertainty� of how the platform would
perform after thousands of employees had either been forced out or chosen to
resign instead of continuing to work under Musk.

Variety reports the news outlet had expressed concern about Twitter�s
critical functions breakdown and if the platform would be susceptible to
hacking attacks.

Independent journalist Glenn Greenwald mocked the network after reversing its
decision in less than 48 hours.

CBS News has decided it's once again safe to use Twitter � but only
for the moment!

They are continuing to "assess security concerns" and "monitor the
situation."

If there are more outbreaks of free speech or hearing from people
journalists dislike, they may retreat again. https://t.co/o0ZtgFshCk

� Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) November 20, 2022

�CBS News has decided it�s once again safe to use Twitter � but only for the
moment!� he said. �They are continuing to �assess security concerns� and
�monitor the situation.� If there are more outbreaks of free speech or
hearing from people journalists dislike, they may retreat again.�

Since acquiring Twitter last month, Musk has eliminated senior management
officials, dubbed himself CEO, and dismissed more than half of the company�s
staff.

Following significant changes made by Musk, hundreds of employees at Twitter
reportedly resigned from the company last week after the new CEO demanded
that to stay at the company, they would need to commit to �extremely
hardcore� working conditions.

Reports from former employees, legacy media outlets, and leftist politicians
about how Musk would transform the platform swayed multiple advertisers to
freeze ad spending on Twitter.

Musk remains optimistic, reporting user activity has hit an �all-time high.�

Leftists and anti-Trumpers were outraged over the weekend after Musk
reinstated the Twitter account of former President Donald Trump, who
officials under the platform�s old guard banned in January 2021 after an
unruly mob breached the U.S. Capitol.

Musk reactivated Trump�s account after 15 million Twitter users responded to
a poll asking if the ex-president should return to the platform.

The people have spoken,� Musk said in a tweet. �Trump will be reinstated.�

�Vox Populi, Vox Dei,� he added, a Latin phrase meaning �the voice of the
people is the voice of God.�

The people have spoken.

Trump will be reinstated.

Vox Populi, Vox Dei. https://t.co/jmkhFuyfkv

� Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 20, 2022

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tlfvl7$3qd86$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165748&group=rec.arts.tv#165748

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 08:49:26 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:49 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
> On 2022-11-19 6:25 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>>> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
>>> About Musk-Owned Social Platform
>>>
>>> CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent
>>> and potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.
>>
>>> "In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of
>>> caution, CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as
>>> it continues to monitor the platform," Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News
>>> national correspondent, said in a report about the latest chaos at the
>>> company on the "CBS Evening News" Friday.
>>
>> I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
>> way if they keep tweeting.
>
>I think they feel the need to express their contempt for a guy who is
>giving signals that he will let non-"progressive" voices be heard on
>Twitter again. CBS can't stand the thought of someone actually
>disagreeing with them and their point of view.

Leftists believe in free speech, as long as it agrees with them.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<Ji2dnY3TkZACOOb-nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165756&group=rec.arts.tv#165756

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 16:21:51 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 16:21 UTC

On Nov 21, 2022 at 5:45:05 AM PST, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> dannyb@panix.com wrote:
>
>> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
>> About Musk-Owned Social Platform
>
> CBS News resumed posting on Twitter Sunday after announcing the network would
>
> pause its activity on the platform two days earlier "out of an abundance of
> caution" as the social media company moves through an intense period of
> change under its new owner Elon Musk.
>
> "After pausing for much of the weekend to assess the security concerns, CBS
> News and Stations is resuming its activity on Twitter as we continue to
> monitor the situation," the networks communications team tweeted Sunday
> morning.
>
> CBS News reporter Jonathan Vigliotti said Friday that the network would cease
>
> sharing content on Twitter out of "uncertainty" of how the platform would
> perform after thousands of employees had either been forced out or chosen to
> resign instead of continuing to work under Musk.
>
> Variety reports the news outlet had expressed concern about Twitter's
> critical functions breakdown and if the platform would be susceptible to
> hacking attacks.

What did they happened? As soon as Musk took over, the coding in the servers
started to mutate or something?

This is what they're trying to sell us?

> Independent journalist Glenn Greenwald mocked the network after reversing its
>
> decision in less than 48 hours.
>
> "CBS News has decided it’s once again safe to use Twitter-- but only for the
> moment!" he said. "They are continuing to 'assess security concerns' and
> 'monitor the situation.' If there are more outbreaks of free speech or
> hearing from people journalists dislike, they may retreat again."
>
> Leftists and anti-Trumpers were outraged over the weekend after Musk
> reinstated the Twitter account of former President Donald Trump, who
> officials under the platform's old guard banned in January 2021 after an
> unruly mob breached the U.S. Capitol.
>
> Musk reactivated Trump’s account after 15 million Twitter users responded to
> a poll asking if the ex-president should return to the platform.
>
> "The people have spoken," Musk said in a tweet. "Trump will be reinstated."

The usual suspects are screaming about how this is "an attack on democracy",
when it literally was democracy that resulted in Trump's account being
unbanned.

Musk took a vote. The voters spoke. That's democracy.

Apparently for leftists it's not democracy unless the vote comes out the way
they want.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<de915a17-32a0-4d15-875d-032ab4384d6bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165759&group=rec.arts.tv#165759

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 09:13:33 -0800 (PST)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:13 UTC

On Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 7:21:02 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> On 2022-11-19 6:25 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> > danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Kind of like a bar fight between a dozen drinkers and
> >> Walker, Texas Ranger. With similar odds...
> >
> > Heh
> >
> >> [Variety]
> >
> >> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
> >> About Musk-Owned Social Platform
> >
> >> CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk's turbulent and
> >> potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.
> >
> >> "In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of caution,
> >> CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to
> >> monitor the platform," Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent,
> >> said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the "CBS Evening
> >> News" Friday.
> >> ======
> >> https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/cbs-news-pauses-twitter-posting-1235437572/
> >
> > I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
> > way if they keep tweeting.
> I think they feel the need to express their contempt for a guy who is
> giving signals that he will let non-"progressive" voices be heard on
> Twitter again. CBS can't stand the thought of someone actually
> disagreeing with them and their point of view.
> --
> Rhino

Every loss for woke liberals is a win for America.

Irish Mike

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<4bf9a9b4-288b-469f-9b69-98ca17122e44n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165762&group=rec.arts.tv#165762

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 09:19:23 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:19 UTC

On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 11:22:01 AM UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2022 at 5:45:05 AM PST, "Ubiquitous" <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> > dan...@panix.com wrote:
> >
> >> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
> >> About Musk-Owned Social Platform

> What did they happened? As soon as Musk took over, the coding in the servers
> started to mutate or something?

Musk has conducted massive layoffs, gutting staff that supported combating antisemitism on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ADL/status/1588587754262495232

> Musk took a vote. The voters spoke. That's democracy.
>
> Apparently for leftists it's not democracy unless the vote comes out the way
> they want.

Guess who's coming to dinner?
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/21/kanye-west-returns-to-twitter-after-restrictions-for-antisemitic-posts.html

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tlgc5j$3rcqq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165763&group=rec.arts.tv#165763

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:22:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:22 UTC

Irish Mike <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 7:21:02 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:

>> > Heh

>of caution,
>continues to
>correspondent,
>> >>
>https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/cbs-news-pauses-twitter-posting-1235437572/
>> >
>> > I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
>> > way if they keep tweeting.
>> I think they feel the need to express their contempt for a guy who is
>> giving signals that he will let non-"progressive" voices be heard on
>> Twitter again. CBS can't stand the thought of someone actually
>> disagreeing with them and their point of view.
>> --
>> Rhino
>
>Every loss for woke liberals is a win for America.
>
>Irish Mike

Every time that not-Irish Mike posts a nonresponsivive cliche in
followup, more life is sucked out of Usenet.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tlgpps$nq1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165792&group=rec.arts.tv#165792

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 15:15:40 -0600
 by: trotsky - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 21:15 UTC

On 11/21/22 10:21 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2022 at 5:45:05 AM PST, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> dannyb@panix.com wrote:
>>
>>> CBS News Suspends Twitter Posting "In Light of the Uncertainty"
>>> About Musk-Owned Social Platform
>>
>> CBS News resumed posting on Twitter Sunday after announcing the network would
>>
>> pause its activity on the platform two days earlier "out of an abundance of
>> caution" as the social media company moves through an intense period of
>> change under its new owner Elon Musk.
>>
>> "After pausing for much of the weekend to assess the security concerns, CBS
>> News and Stations is resuming its activity on Twitter as we continue to
>> monitor the situation," the networks communications team tweeted Sunday
>> morning.
>>
>> CBS News reporter Jonathan Vigliotti said Friday that the network would cease
>>
>> sharing content on Twitter out of "uncertainty" of how the platform would
>> perform after thousands of employees had either been forced out or chosen to
>> resign instead of continuing to work under Musk.
>>
>> Variety reports the news outlet had expressed concern about Twitter's
>> critical functions breakdown and if the platform would be susceptible to
>> hacking attacks.
>
> What did they happened?

I knew it was only a matter of time before Eunuch Derp's mind was
completely decimated.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tlgptr$nq1$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165793&group=rec.arts.tv#165793

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 15:17:47 -0600
 by: trotsky - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 21:17 UTC

On 11/21/22 11:13 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
> On Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 7:21:02 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:

>>> Heh

>>> I truly do not understand how Musk cooties can affect CBS News in any
>>> way if they keep tweeting.
>> I think they feel the need to express their contempt for a guy who is
>> giving signals that he will let non-"progressive" voices be heard on
>> Twitter again. CBS can't stand the thought of someone actually
>> disagreeing with them and their point of view.
>> --
>> Rhino
>
> Every loss for woke liberals is a win for America.

Stop shitposting.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tp7qnh51r1u6vm5u5s2elakqjkcs7ia6cm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165844&group=rec.arts.tv#165844

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 11:14:25 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 19:14 UTC

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:22:59 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Every time that not-Irish Mike posts a nonresponsivive cliche in
>followup, more life is sucked out of Usenet.

I could just as justifiably claim to be "Irish" given 2 of my 4
grandparents were born in Belfast and I saw quite a few family graves
when I was there in 2016. Been there done that got the photos.

My son is named for one of them.

Re: CBS "News" vs. Musk.

<tlkb81$afsu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165875&group=rec.arts.tv#165875

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:31:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:31 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:22:59 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:

>>Every time that not-Irish Mike posts a nonresponsivive cliche in
>>followup, more life is sucked out of Usenet.

>I could just as justifiably claim to be "Irish" given 2 of my 4
>grandparents were born in Belfast and I saw quite a few family graves
>when I was there in 2016. Been there done that got the photos.

>My son is named for one of them.

Of course.

My ancestors came from a shithole country in Europe that had been
occupied by Russia since the 18th century. Like nearly everyone else in
America, except those whose ancestors were brought to the New World as
slaves, they were the filth, castoff undesireables who weren't free to
exist in their home countries and came to America for its far greater
liberty and economic opportunity. Same applies to Mike's ancestors.

But Mike says vile desparaging things about those who would immigrate
for economic opportunity and the greater liberty found in America. He
fails to see the irony that if he had his own way, he'd have sent his
own ancestors back to Ireland.