It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final. -- Roger Babson

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting Illegal Immigrants Around U.S.

SubjectAuthor
* "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting Illegal ImmigraUbiquitous
+* Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting Illegal ImmThe Horny Goat
> [...]
|       || `- Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transportingtrotsky
|       |`- Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transportingtrotsky
|       +* Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting Illegal ImmAdam H. Kerman
|       |`* Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting Illegal ImmThe Horny Goat
|       | `* Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting Illegal ImmAdam H. Kerman
|       |  `* Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting Illegal ImmThe Horny Goat
|       |   `- Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For TransportingLauren Scherf
|       `- Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting Illegal ImmThe Horny Goat
`- Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transportingtrotsky

Pages:1234
Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting Illegal Immigrants Around U.S.

<mg1sph5vcg74l2avagt22s4vl5v5ss4t13@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168839&group=rec.arts.tv#168839

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting Illegal Immigrants Around U.S.
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 10:30:39 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 18:30 UTC

On Fri, 16 Dec 2022 16:04:54 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>You've told this story before, but that's nothing to do with DuPree's
>accusation that illegal aliens are hired by employers that take
>advantage of workers they believe won't complain about serious
>violations of labor laws. I assume you paid her wages as agreed and that
>the wages met minimum wage and overtime standards in law, and that your
>workplace wasn't unsafe.

Of course - those are the conditions of staying in business. Had she
been able or eager to stay I would have been delighted as her
personality brightened her workplace and in my opinion she's a born
salesperson.

>My point is that DuPree's complaints, which I agree apply to certain
>employers at certain worksites, could all be dealt with by enforcing
>existing state and federal labor laws versus unscrupulous employers,
>who will undoubtably have hired illegally illegal aliens as well. States
>that refuse to enforce worker protection laws against the worst
>employers are rather hypocritical if their governors regularly scream
>and shout about the harm caused by illegal aliens.

As I understand it you're saying state officials have a history of
being gutless on this file and from what I've read (which is far
beyond just here) you're right. I have no use for employers who abuse
their employees. Fair is fair and from time to time have had to take
extraordinary steps to keep it that way. It's been my business credo
from day 1.

The two toughest things I've ever had to do was (1) open the store the
morning after my mother's spectacular death (family business, she was
a huge part of it and some staff and customers had heard, many hadn't
- and that was still true 4-6 months later) and (2) most of all having
in late March 2020 lay off our entire staff including my brother and I
(the two of us ended up working for 3 months without pay simply to
keep the doors open and of course spent a fortune on screens etc).
There's nothing like seeing your sales drop 80% in one weekend to
focus one's attention. At that point it was soldier on badly wounded
or close the doors forever. A terrible time obviously but then we were
far from the only ones in that boat. We paid all our bills on time.
(It bit harder on me than my brother since my wife was stay at home
while his was a senior executive for an insurance company who made
more than the two of us combined - and her paycheck didn't suffer)

>I'm just pointing out the obvious that they already have the legal means
>to crack down on these campaign contributors, I mean, employers
>operating job sites with dangerous conditions who don't pay all wages
>legally owed.

You've mentioned 3 separate areas all of which decent people agree on
without hesitation. I would hope no one here finds them the least
controversial. We've had some issues on statutory holidays (not
difficult in Canada since there are both national and provincial
holidays and the list changes from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. We've
played it tough but by the book and make up the "toughness" in other
ways - we know who makes our sales and keeping them happy is a
critical factor in success. Even if one were naturally that way - and
I'm not - where's the bottom line in screwing over your staff?)

It really isn't a hard formula - provide something customers want/need
at a good price, serve them well, try not to be caught "pants down"
when you inevitably have a run on certain products and most of all,
treat everyone well. As always the devil is in the details!

The old "What MUST we do? What SHOULD we do? and What would we LIKE to
do" thing.

Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting Illegal Immigrants Around U.S.

<ee61a42e-3cf2-482e-85ef-5d8a5ef2a7een@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172357&group=rec.arts.tv#172357

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:05:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: "Biggest Coyote Ever": Law Professor Rips Biden For Transporting
Illegal Immigrants Around U.S.
From: laurensc...@gmail.com (Lauren Scherf)
 by: Lauren Scherf - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 01:05 UTC

On Saturday, December 17, 2022 at 7:30:46 PM UTC+1, The Horny Goat wrote:
> [...]
> without hesitation. I would hope no one here finds them the least
> controversial. We've had some issues on statutory holidays (not
> difficult in Canada since there are both national and provincial
> holidays and the list changes from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. We've
> played it tough but by the book and make up the "toughness" in other
> ways - we know who makes our sales and keeping them happy is a
> critical factor in success. Even if one were naturally that way - and
> I'm not - where's the bottom line in screwing over your staff?)
>
> It really isn't a hard formula - provide something customers want/need
> at a good price, serve them well, try not to be caught "pants down"
> when you inevitably have a run on certain products and most of all,
> treat everyone well. As always the devil is in the details!
>
> The old "What MUST we do? What SHOULD we do? and What would we LIKE to

Continental Shipping Containers is an industry leader, selling direct to both companies & individuals globally.

Our customers enjoy readily available inventory, supplier-direct pricing, and every container is certified ready-to-sell and backed by our certification and money back guarantee.

Pick a container you like, and we’ll get you an unmatchable price via the website below

https://durableshippingcontainers.com/shop/