Let sleeping dogs lie. -- Charles Dickens

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

SubjectAuthor
* TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyBTR1701
+* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyAdam H. Kerman
|`* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyBTR1701
| `- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinyanim8rfsk
|+- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyYour Name
|+* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyEGK
||+- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinyanim8rfsk
||`* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyBTR1701
|| `* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinyanim8rfsk
||  `* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyEGK
||   +* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyBTR1701
||   |+* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyA Friend
||   ||+* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyBTR1701
||   |||`- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinymarika
||   ||`- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinytrotsky
||   |`- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinytrotsky
||   `* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyYour Name
||    `- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinymarika
|+* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinychromebook test
||`- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinychromebook test
|+* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyBTR1701
||+* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinyanim8rfsk
|||`* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyBTR1701
||| `- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinyanim8rfsk
||`- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinymarika
|`- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinyDavid Johnston
+* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinychromebook test
|`* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of DestinymoviePig
| `* Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinychromebook test
|  `- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinychromebook test
+- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinytrotsky
`- Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinytrotsky

Pages:12
Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

<Es6dndktm_7l_nz-nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174510&group=rec.arts.tv#174510

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 20:30:48 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 20:30 UTC

On Dec 1, 2022 at 8:12:59 PM PST, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> They Hans Zimmered the Indy theme... <puking emoji>
>>

> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1598407141051621376/vid/1920x1080/IMsBqslaBPzmH-xe.mp4?tag=16
>>

> What the Hell is he doing still fighting Nazis? Shouldn’t they be in about
> 1980 by now?

Have they ever explained why Indy is getting old in the first place?

He drank from the Grail. He's immortal now. Hell, so is his father, for that
matter.

Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

<1177399661.697408806.747086.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174513&group=rec.arts.tv#174513

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 13:50:29 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 20:50 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2022 at 8:12:59 PM PST, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>> They Hans Zimmered the Indy theme... <puking emoji>
>>>

>>> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1598407141051621376/vid/1920x1080/IMsBqslaBPzmH-xe.mp4?tag=16
>>>

>> What the Hell is he doing still fighting Nazis? Shouldn’t they be in about
>> 1980 by now?
>
> Have they ever explained why Indy is getting old in the first place?
>
> He drank from the Grail. He's immortal now. Hell, so is his father, for that
matter.

Weren’t they only immortal as long as they stayed in that cave?

Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

<IGCdnYC15aoC6nz-nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174521&group=rec.arts.tv#174521

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 21:56:47 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 21:56 UTC

On Feb 6, 2023 at 12:50:29 PM PST, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> What the Hell is he doing still fighting Nazis? Shouldn’t they be in about
>>> 1980 by now?
>>
>> Have they ever explained why Indy is getting old in the first place?
>>
>> He drank from the Grail. He's immortal now. Hell, so is his father, for that
> matter.
>>
> Weren't they only immortal as long as they stayed in that cave?

That was never stated in the movie. The only restriction the Knight gave was
that the Grail itself couldn't be taken out of the cave. And why would the
Nazi bad guy have even wanted to find it to give himself immortality if it
meant he had to stay in that cave for all eternity? There isn't even Netflix
in there to keep yourself entertained.

(Since the penalty for taking the Grail beyond the seal in the floor was that
the place collapsed, I've always wondered what would have happened if they'd
just tied a string around the Grail, set it on the seal, backed out of the
cave, then yanked the Grail out by the string...)

Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

<838935045.697443743.787715.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174577&group=rec.arts.tv#174577

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 23:23:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 06:23 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2023 at 12:50:29 PM PST, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Have they ever explained why Indy is getting old in the first place?
>>>
>>> He drank from the Grail. He's immortal now. Hell, so is his father, for that
>> matter.
>>>
>> Weren't they only immortal as long as they stayed in that cave?
>
> That was never stated in the movie. The only restriction the Knight gave was
that the Grail itself couldn't be taken out of the cave. And why would the
Nazi bad guy have even wanted to find it to give himself immortality if it
meant he had to stay in that cave for all eternity? There isn't even
Netflix
in there to keep yourself entertained.

> (Since the penalty for taking the Grail beyond the seal in the floor was that
the place collapsed, I've always wondered what would have happened if
they'd
just tied a string around the Grail, set it on the seal, backed out
of the
cave, then yanked the Grail out by the string...)

Yeah, except I’d be worried that the whole canyon would collapse once you
got it outside.

Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

<truq8r$3uast$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174687&group=rec.arts.tv#174687

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 17:27:06 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 00:27 UTC

On 2022-12-01 9:12 p.m., anim8rfsk wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> They Hans Zimmered the Indy theme... <puking emoji>
>>

> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1598407141051621376/vid/1920x1080/IMsBqslaBPzmH-xe.mp4?tag=16
>>

> What the Hell is he doing still fighting Nazis? Shouldn’t they be in about
> 1980 by now?

Based on internal evidence the new film's era is in the 1960s. As for
fighting Nazis in the 1960s, I point out that he also fought uniformed
Nazi troops in 1936 Egypt so he's no stranger to fighting Nazis in
places and times where they should not be.

Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

<aafbb756-12f0-427f-8f6b-c77ddc079dfen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174704&group=rec.arts.tv#174704

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 17:44:04 -0800 (PST)
From: marika5...@gmail.com (marika)
 by: marika - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 01:44 UTC

On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 6:18:28 PM UTC-6, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <021220221829305117%no...@noway.com>,
> A Friend <no...@noway.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <atropos-AAD598...@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
> > <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

> > > So are they pretending "Indiana Jones" is a title, not a name, so they can
> > > put chicks and other minorities in the role from now on, like they've
> > > done with Thor?
> >
> > "Chicks" are not a minority.
> They are under federal employment law (and the laws of many, if not all,
> states).

Chicks are not a minority but rather a protected class under federal law.

Because they are at times treated differently like many bird

for instance a typical male house finch has a lot of red coloring while the female is a drab brown. so people say about the male : What a pretty bird

But they totally ignore the female

They are year round tenants on my property and visit my deck often to eat
Today i saw a male with a very prominent white neck ring
Leucist

It is amazing how often i see leucists

mk5000

You remember sittin’ there one rainy night in Willy’s chair
Tellin’ me how well you used to dance
The western wind will come again
And make you feel like you did when all those cowboys didn’t stand a chance==Zach Bryan – November Air

Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

<5486bbd3-9da3-44a6-acac-1a5732578fe6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174706&group=rec.arts.tv#174706

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 17:47:04 -0800 (PST)
From: marika5...@gmail.com (marika)
 by: marika - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 01:47 UTC

On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 11:55:20 PM UTC-6, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-12-02 22:08:00 +0000, EGK said:

> >> There are several apps like that on the iPhone. Put one persons face over
> >> another, leave the persons face intact but animate it, run the slider
> >> back-and-forth to make the person younger and older. Most of the damn
> >> things are free. You might like to try playing with REFACE.
> >
> > Well, this doesn't sound good at all if true. Basically says that It's not
> > flashbacks but Indy goes back in time and sacrifices himself so the old Indy
> > ceases to exist because of it. Thus opening the way for a female to take
> > over the role.:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8395JgNJ0sg&t=473s
> That's conspiracy nutter nonsense.
>
> Actual facts ...
>
> Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny will digitally
> de-age star Harrison Ford for the movie's first scene.
>
> It's the first scene set in the past in order to give some history
> behind the new movie's storyline.
>
> The same has happened in "The Last Crusade" with a young Indiana Jones
> before coming back to "the present" and the older Indy.

Amazing huh?

mk5000

I got the pretty pretty lady wey no like no stress
She got her own but she need some love
Then she tell me say na only me dey make her love
Tell me say na only me dey cool her stress==Wizkid – No Stress

Re: TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

<20157e1c-d46c-42c1-adfb-a8041d03af26n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=174707&group=rec.arts.tv#174707

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 17:53:33 -0800 (PST)
From: marika5...@gmail.com (marika)
 by: marika - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 01:53 UTC

On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 2:30:56 PM UTC-6, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2022 at 8:12:59 PM PST, "anim8rfsk" <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
> >> They Hans Zimmered the Indy theme... <puking emoji>
> >>

> > https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1598407141051621376/vid/1920x1080/IMsBqslaBPzmH-xe.mp4?tag=16
> >>

> > What the Hell is he doing still fighting Nazis? Shouldn’t they be in about
> > 1980 by now?
> Have they ever explained why Indy is getting old in the first place?
>
> He drank from the Grail. He's immortal now. Hell, so is his father, for that
> matter.

Interesting

Never heard that before
Or forgot about it
Tho i do recall my grandfather had little bottles of camphor which he probably used for that very reason

mk5000

I’m a A student, I mean I do my homework
No ski mask, put in my own work
I do, do my homework
I do, I do put in my own work==Griselda – City On the Map