If mathematically you end up with the wrong answer, try multiplying by the page number.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Alas poor Dilbert

SubjectAuthor
* Alas poor Dilbertanim8rfsk
+* Re: Alas poor DilbertIan J. Ball
|+- Re: Alas poor DilbertmoviePig
|+* Re: Alas poor Dilbertshawn
||+* Re: Alas poor DilbertBTR1701
|||+* Re: Alas poor Dilbertshawn
|||`- Re: Alas poor Dilbertanim8rfsk
||+* Re: Alas poor DilbertDimensional Traveler
|||`- Re: Alas poor Dilbertanim8rfsk
||`- Re: Alas poor DilbertThe Horny Goat
|`- Re: Alas poor Dilbertanim8rfsk
+* Re: Alas poor DilbertBTR1701
|+* Re: Alas poor Dilbertanim8rfsk
||`* Re: Alas poor Dilbertshawn
|| `- Re: Alas poor Dilbertanim8rfsk
|+* Re: Alas poor DilbertThe Horny Goat
||+* Re: Alas poor Dilbertsuzeeq
|||`- Re: Alas poor Dilberttrotsky
||+* Re: Alas poor Dilbertanim8rfsk
|||`* Re: Alas poor Dilbertshawn
||| `* Re: Alas poor DilbertAdam H. Kerman
|||  `* Re: Alas poor Dilbertshawn
|||   +- Re: Alas poor Dilbertanim8rfsk
|||   `* Re: Alas poor DilbertAdam H. Kerman
|||    +* Re: Alas poor Dilbertsuzeeq
|||    |`- Re: Alas poor DilbertAdam H. Kerman
|||    `- Re: Alas poor Dilbertanim8rfsk
||+- Re: Alas poor DilbertAdam H. Kerman
||`- Re: Alas poor DilbertMicky DuPree
|`* Re: Alas poor DilbertDavid Johnston
| +* Re: Alas poor DilbertBTR1701
| |+* Re: Alas poor DilbertAdam H. Kerman
| ||`* Re: Alas poor DilbertA Friend
| || `- Re: Alas poor DilbertAdam H. Kerman
| |`- Re: Alas poor DilbertThe Horny Goat
| `- Re: Alas poor DilbertUbiquitous
+- Re: Alas poor DilbertAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: Alas poor DilbertJustine Kent
+- Re: Alas poor DilbertRhino2
`- Re: Alas poor DilbertCyril Motiti

Pages:12
Alas poor Dilbert

<598110609.699056850.516069.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176917&group=rec.arts.tv#176917

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Alas poor Dilbert
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 15:50:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:50 UTC

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html

Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<tte3k1$2m6o9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176921&group=rec.arts.tv#176921

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Alas poor Dilbert
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 14:54:57 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:54 UTC

On 2023-02-25 22:50:24 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html
>

> Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
> week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
> longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.

What did he actually say?

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<sywKL.130260$wfQc.76340@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176926&group=rec.arts.tv#176926

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 18:09:12 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 23:09 UTC

On 2/25/2023 5:54 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-02-25 22:50:24 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html
>>
>> Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant
>> this
>> week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
>> longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.
>
> What did he actually say?

That he'd never take his coffee black.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<966lvh1sgrgohm4i4tj6m9r1jaq2e5dmms@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176930&group=rec.arts.tv#176930

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 18:30:57 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 23:30 UTC

On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 14:54:57 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-02-25 22:50:24 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html
>>

>> Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
>> week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
>> longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.
>
>What did he actually say?
Let's see.
That he is going to stop identifying himself as black
That he is going to stop helping blacks
That he recommends you don't hurt blacks but do your best to stay as
far away from them as you can.
He talks about a statistic from some poll (don't remember who did it)
that asked black people if it was "Okay to be white." Supposedly
something like 26% said no and 21% said they were unsure. He then
continued to refer to that poll as saying 47% of blacks didn't think
it was okay to be white, conflating the two numbers together.

So it wasn't so much a racist rant as a low volume discussion of
mildly racist ideas that could almost be taken as trolling but I'm
fairly sure he believes all that he says and has reached a point in
his career/life where he is going to say what ever he thinks without
regard to the consequences. Ultimately his commentary on the poll was
pointless other than to stir up a bit of controversy that ended up
with yet another paper dropping his comic strip. At this rate he may
be down to no papers carrying his strip in a few years.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<YDqdnaktIb_2I2f-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176947&group=rec.arts.tv#176947

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 02:05:31 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 02:05 UTC

On Feb 25, 2023 at 2:50:24 PM PST, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html
>
> Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
> week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
> longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.

Hopefully he'll keep it going on his website.

As for the rant, he merely pointed out that polling reveals most black don't
agree with the statement "It's okay to be white".

Not sure why that's racist, other than it's not good for the 'progressive'
agenda.

Actually, I take that back. It is indeed obviously racist-- the majority of
blacks who apparently believe it's not okay to be white are indeed very
racist. Something tells me that's not the "racism" for which Adams is being
vilified, though.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<YDqdnagtIb9OI2f-nZ2dnZfqnPoAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176948&group=rec.arts.tv#176948

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 02:07:15 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 02:07 UTC

On Feb 25, 2023 at 3:30:57 PM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 14:54:57 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-02-25 22:50:24 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>

>>> https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html
>>>

>>> Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
>>> week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
>>> longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.
>>
>> What did he actually say?
> Let's see.
> That he is going to stop identifying himself as black
> That he is going to stop helping blacks
> That he recommends you don't hurt blacks but do your best to stay as
> far away from them as you can.
> He talks about a statistic from some poll (don't remember who did it)
> that asked black people if it was "Okay to be white." Supposedly
> something like 26% said no and 21% said they were unsure. He then
> continued to refer to that poll as saying 47% of blacks didn't think
> it was okay to be white, conflating the two numbers together.
>

> So it wasn't so much a racist rant as a low volume discussion of
> mildly racist ideas that could almost be taken as trolling but I'm
> fairly sure he believes all that he says and has reached a point in
> his career/life where he is going to say what ever he thinks without
> regard to the consequences. Ultimately his commentary on the poll was
> pointless other than to stir up a bit of controversy that ended up
> with yet another paper dropping his comic strip. At this rate he may
> be down to no papers carrying his strip in a few years.

And that paper is trash anyway. That website was so full of javascripted ads
and pop-ups and other bullshit that it froze my browser until I turned
javascript off completely.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<uuhlvh5dbisagq17dg7a8139ai1c9d9enh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176952&group=rec.arts.tv#176952

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 21:46:34 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 02:46 UTC

On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 02:07:15 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Feb 25, 2023 at 3:30:57 PM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 14:54:57 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> What did he actually say?
>> Let's see.
>> That he is going to stop identifying himself as black
>> That he is going to stop helping blacks
>> That he recommends you don't hurt blacks but do your best to stay as
>> far away from them as you can.
>> He talks about a statistic from some poll (don't remember who did it)
>> that asked black people if it was "Okay to be white." Supposedly
>> something like 26% said no and 21% said they were unsure. He then
>> continued to refer to that poll as saying 47% of blacks didn't think
>> it was okay to be white, conflating the two numbers together.
>>

>> So it wasn't so much a racist rant as a low volume discussion of
>> mildly racist ideas that could almost be taken as trolling but I'm
>> fairly sure he believes all that he says and has reached a point in
>> his career/life where he is going to say what ever he thinks without
>> regard to the consequences. Ultimately his commentary on the poll was
>> pointless other than to stir up a bit of controversy that ended up
>> with yet another paper dropping his comic strip. At this rate he may
>> be down to no papers carrying his strip in a few years.
>
>And that paper is trash anyway. That website was so full of javascripted ads
>and pop-ups and other bullshit that it froze my browser until I turned
>javascript off completely.

I never see that stuff since I'm running NoScript so that junk doesn't
run unless I let it.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<z4ycnYWAg_IsUmf-nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176955&group=rec.arts.tv#176955

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 03:19:13 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 03:19 UTC

On Feb 25, 2023 at 6:46:34 PM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 02:07:15 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 25, 2023 at 3:30:57 PM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Let's see.
>>> That he is going to stop identifying himself as black
>>> That he is going to stop helping blacks
>>> That he recommends you don't hurt blacks but do your best to stay as
>>> far away from them as you can.
>>> He talks about a statistic from some poll (don't remember who did it)
>>> that asked black people if it was "Okay to be white." Supposedly
>>> something like 26% said no and 21% said they were unsure. He then
>>> continued to refer to that poll as saying 47% of blacks didn't think
>>> it was okay to be white, conflating the two numbers together.
>>>

>>> So it wasn't so much a racist rant as a low volume discussion of
>>> mildly racist ideas that could almost be taken as trolling but I'm
>>> fairly sure he believes all that he says and has reached a point in
>>> his career/life where he is going to say what ever he thinks without
>>> regard to the consequences. Ultimately his commentary on the poll was
>>> pointless other than to stir up a bit of controversy that ended up
>>> with yet another paper dropping his comic strip. At this rate he may
>>> be down to no papers carrying his strip in a few years.
>>
>> And that paper is trash anyway. That website was so full of javascripted ads
>> and pop-ups and other bullshit that it froze my browser until I turned
>> javascript off completely.
>>

> I never see that stuff since I'm running NoScript so that junk doesn't
> run unless I let it.

The problem with turning off javascript and the like is that half the time
it's necessary to access the functionality of the website. Or half the pics in
a news article are just blank boxes, stuff like that. So you either half to
accept all ridiculous bullshit, or lose the content you're looking for in the
first place.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<ttejns$2qrfq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176957&group=rec.arts.tv#176957

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 03:30:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 03:30 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>On Feb 25, 2023 at 6:46:34 PM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 02:07:15 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html

>racist rant this

>>> And that paper is trash anyway. That website was so full of javascripted ads
>>> and pop-ups and other bullshit that it froze my browser until I turned
>>> javascript off completely.
>>>

>> I never see that stuff since I'm running NoScript so that junk doesn't
>> run unless I let it.
>
>The problem with turning off javascript and the like is that half the time
>it's necessary to access the functionality of the website. Or half the pics in
>a news article are just blank boxes, stuff like that. So you either half to
>accept all ridiculous bullshit, or lose the content you're looking for in the
>first place.

That's why shawn is using NoScript. In the browser, allow javascript to
run. Within the NoScript add on, you allow js associated with one domain
at a time. Allow js to run for the main Web site but disallow js for
third party sites. Sometimes you have to guess about which js to allow.

uBlockOrigin thwarts an awful lot of third-party ad sites.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<adllvhdf1jlaf3htkusivl9sedtii2n3kp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176960&group=rec.arts.tv#176960

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:49:54 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 03:49 UTC

On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 03:30:04 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>On Feb 25, 2023 at 6:46:34 PM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>>wrote:

>>https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html

>>racist rant this

>>> I never see that stuff since I'm running NoScript so that junk doesn't
>>> run unless I let it.
>>
>>The problem with turning off javascript and the like is that half the time
>>it's necessary to access the functionality of the website. Or half the pics in
>>a news article are just blank boxes, stuff like that. So you either half to
>>accept all ridiculous bullshit, or lose the content you're looking for in the
>>first place.
>
>That's why shawn is using NoScript. In the browser, allow javascript to
>run. Within the NoScript add on, you allow js associated with one domain
>at a time. Allow js to run for the main Web site but disallow js for
>third party sites. Sometimes you have to guess about which js to allow.

Agreed on all points. It can be frustrating if a site needs a number
of various third party sites enabled to work, but most require a few
common sites and then maybe enabling JS for their main site. It's also
a way of seeing some sites that throw up those blockers to get you to
subscribe.

>uBlockOrigin thwarts an awful lot of third-party ad sites.

Also another good idea for anyone to set up. Between the two I'm also
not seeing ads on Youtube even if I try to watch one of their 'free
with ads' movies. Not that most are worth watching either because they
aren't that good or because I've seen them before and many I have
already so I can watch a better version without streaming them.

Teaching people about NoScript and uBlock Origin really should be
among the basics of the Internet that everyone gets taught when first
getting into using the Internet. Aside from blocking the ads and
pop-ups it also helps protects from a lot of the malware that is out
there. So you get a safer and less crowded version of the Internet.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<ttelup$2qrfq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176962&group=rec.arts.tv#176962

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 04:07:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 04:07 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html

>Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
>week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
>longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.

Trib just announced that they dropped the strip in its several papers.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<ttengb$2r6k6$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176967&group=rec.arts.tv#176967

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 20:34:22 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 04:34 UTC

On 2/25/2023 3:30 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 14:54:57 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-02-25 22:50:24 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>>> https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html
>>>

>>> Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
>>> week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
>>> longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.
>>
>> What did he actually say?
> Let's see.
> That he is going to stop identifying himself as black
> That he is going to stop helping blacks
> That he recommends you don't hurt blacks but do your best to stay as
> far away from them as you can.
> He talks about a statistic from some poll (don't remember who did it)
> that asked black people if it was "Okay to be white." Supposedly
> something like 26% said no and 21% said they were unsure. He then
> continued to refer to that poll as saying 47% of blacks didn't think
> it was okay to be white, conflating the two numbers together.
>

> So it wasn't so much a racist rant as a low volume discussion of
> mildly racist ideas that could almost be taken as trolling but I'm
> fairly sure he believes all that he says and has reached a point in
> his career/life where he is going to say what ever he thinks without
> regard to the consequences. Ultimately his commentary on the poll was
> pointless other than to stir up a bit of controversy that ended up
> with yet another paper dropping his comic strip. At this rate he may
> be down to no papers carrying his strip in a few years.

So he _didn't_ call blacks a "hate group"?

dirty old man.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<093f6b61-f800-48bb-89e2-c07106ed1162n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176969&group=rec.arts.tv#176969

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 20:47:17 -0800 (PST)
From: justinek...@gmail.com (Justine Kent)
 by: Justine Kent - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 04:47 UTC

BUY LIBERTY CAPS - LIBERTY CAPS FOR SALE ONLINE-LIBERTY CAPS FOR SALE

buy liberty caps online, liberty caps for sale online, best liberty caps for sale, liberty caps magic mushrooms for sale online, buy liberty caps online in USA, buy liberty caps online at a cheap price.

What is a liberty cap? Put simply, it is a species of psilocybin mushroom, known as Psilocybe semilanceata.

Liberty caps are one of the most widely popular psilocybin mushrooms in nature and one of the most potent.

https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/index.php/product/liberty-caps-for-sale/

They have a recognizable appearance (reflected in the name “liberty cap”), and the first documented account of their psychoactive effects is an interesting one

LIBERTY CAPS FOR SALE

https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/index.php/product/liberty-caps-for-sale/

The cap of Psilocybe semilanceata is 5-30 mm in diameter and 6-22 mm tall.

They vary in shape from sharply conical to bell-shaped, often with a prominent papilla (the nipple-shaped structure).

https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/index.php/product/liberty-caps-for-sale/

https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/5-meo-dmt-cart-5ml-purecybin/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/albino-avery-magic-mushrooms/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/albino-penis-envy-mushrooms/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/ayahuasca-powder/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/b-magic-mushrooms/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/blue-meanie-magic-mushrooms/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/buy-4-aco-dmt-online/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/buy-5-meo-dmt/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/buy-ecstasy-pills-online/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/buy-lizard-king-mushrooms/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/buy-lsd-acid/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/buy-lsd-gel-tabs/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/buy-tidal-wave-shrooms/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/buy-wavy-cap-mushrooms/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/changa-dmt/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/dmt-carts/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/dmt-powder/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/dmt-vape-pens/https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/golden-teacher-magic-mushrooms/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/kratom-powder/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/liberty-caps-for-sale/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/lsd-liquid/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/magic-mushroom-microdose-capsules/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/melmac-penis-envy-mushrooms/
https://tripinpremiumsnacks.com/product/mimosa-hostilis-root-backmhrb

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<504063419.699059617.991543.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176972&group=rec.arts.tv#176972

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:52:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 05:52 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-02-25 22:50:24 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html
>>

>> Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
>> week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
>> longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.
>
> What did he actually say?

He said that polls say 27% of Black people disagree with the statement
“it’s OK to be white” and another 22% or something aren’t sure and if, half
of all blacks say it’s not OK to be white that makes them a hate group and
he’s going to stop identifying himself as black which he’s been doing for
years because he thought it was the best way to help out.

He was clearly trying to be funny.

He then said the best groups to identify with are the ones that are pro
education.

And that if blacks and whites aren’t getting along, they should probably
stay away from each other.

The link in the article actually cues you right up to when he said that.

The article goes on to say they’re trying to hurt him financially by
canceling his strip, and that they hate quoting him at all but they’re
doing it to prove that what they’re doing. isn’t cancel culture. Even
though you could look in the dictionary and probably see a little picture
of these guys because it’s the very definition of cancel culture.

They then say crap about all their, strong journalistic, ethics, and what a
great news organization they are and I was laughing so hard I couldn’t read
anymore.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<470603942.699083777.073216.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176977&group=rec.arts.tv#176977

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 23:22:14 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 06:22 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2023 at 3:30:57 PM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

>> On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 14:54:57 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> What did he actually say?
>> Let's see.
>> That he is going to stop identifying himself as black
>> That he is going to stop helping blacks
>> That he recommends you don't hurt blacks but do your best to stay as
>> far away from them as you can.
>> He talks about a statistic from some poll (don't remember who did it)
>> that asked black people if it was "Okay to be white." Supposedly
>> something like 26% said no and 21% said they were unsure. He then
>> continued to refer to that poll as saying 47% of blacks didn't think
>> it was okay to be white, conflating the two numbers together.
>>

>> So it wasn't so much a racist rant as a low volume discussion of
>> mildly racist ideas that could almost be taken as trolling but I'm
>> fairly sure he believes all that he says and has reached a point in
>> his career/life where he is going to say what ever he thinks without
>> regard to the consequences. Ultimately his commentary on the poll was
>> pointless other than to stir up a bit of controversy that ended up
>> with yet another paper dropping his comic strip. At this rate he may
>> be down to no papers carrying his strip in a few years.
>
> And that paper is trash anyway. That website was so full of javascripted ads
and pop-ups and other bullshit that it froze my browser until I turned
javascript off completely.

Yeah, I had to switch browsers a couple times and do several reloads on
both until I got (I think I accidentally) a version that would actually run

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<258181293.699083924.974756.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176978&group=rec.arts.tv#176978

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 23:22:15 -0700

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 2/25/2023 3:30 PM, shawn wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 14:54:57 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> What did he actually say?
>> Let's see.
>> That he is going to stop identifying himself as black
>> That he is going to stop helping blacks
>> That he recommends you don't hurt blacks but do your best to stay as
>> far away from them as you can.
>> He talks about a statistic from some poll (don't remember who did it)
>> that asked black people if it was "Okay to be white." Supposedly
>> something like 26% said no and 21% said they were unsure. He then
>> continued to refer to that poll as saying 47% of blacks didn't think
>> it was okay to be white, conflating the two numbers together.
>>

>> So it wasn't so much a racist rant as a low volume discussion of
>> mildly racist ideas that could almost be taken as trolling but I'm
>> fairly sure he believes all that he says and has reached a point in
>> his career/life where he is going to say what ever he thinks without
>> regard to the consequences. Ultimately his commentary on the poll was
>> pointless other than to stir up a bit of controversy that ended up
>> with yet another paper dropping his comic strip. At this rate he may
>> be down to no papers carrying his strip in a few years.
>
> So he _didn't_ call blacks a "hate group"?

He did say that. Based on the polls saying the black said it’s not OK to be
white. Which is a somewhat radical interpretation of the text.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<1336024511.699084040.984999.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176979&group=rec.arts.tv#176979

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 23:22:16 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 06:22 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2023 at 2:50:24 PM PST, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html
>>
>> Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
>> week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
>> longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.
>
> Hopefully he'll keep it going on his website.
>
> As for the rant, he merely pointed out that polling reveals most black don't
agree with the statement "It's okay to be white".

A small nit. It’s slightly under 50% so it’s not “most“

> Not sure why that's racist, other than it's not good for the 'progressive'
agenda.

> Actually, I take that back. It is indeed obviously racist-- the majority of
blacks who apparently believe it's not okay to be white are indeed very
racist. Something tells me that's not the "racism" for which Adams is being
vilified, though.

Also, for those that didn’t watch the video, he just sat there, completely
calmly, damn, near half asleep, chuckling once in a while, and slowly
speaking. I can find no definition of “rant” that comes anywhere near to
describing his behavior. The newspaper was simply lying.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<dhvlvhp2anfseiupsr4l0nj92is4n4i6sm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176988&group=rec.arts.tv#176988

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 01:38:55 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 06:38 UTC

On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 23:22:16 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
>>> week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
>>> longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.
>>
>> Hopefully he'll keep it going on his website.
>>
>> As for the rant, he merely pointed out that polling reveals most black don't
>agree with the statement "It's okay to be white".
>>

>A small nit. It’s slightly under 50% so it’s not “most“
>

>> Not sure why that's racist, other than it's not good for the 'progressive'
>agenda.
>>
>> Actually, I take that back. It is indeed obviously racist-- the majority of
>blacks who apparently believe it's not okay to be white are indeed very
>racist. Something tells me that's not the "racism" for which Adams is being
>vilified, though.
>>

>Also, for those that didn’t watch the video, he just sat there, completely
>calmly, damn, near half asleep, chuckling once in a while, and slowly
>speaking. I can find no definition of “rant” that comes anywhere near to
>describing his behavior. The newspaper was simply lying.

You can't get the clicks by talking about someone saying something
disagreeable in a reasonable tone, but if you say it's a racist rant
about how evil white people are then those clicks will roll in.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<503623806.699093205.657406.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176995&group=rec.arts.tv#176995

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 01:38:44 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 08:38 UTC

> On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 23:22:16 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Hopefully he'll keep it going on his website.
>>>
>>> As for the rant, he merely pointed out that polling reveals most black don't
>> agree with the statement "It's okay to be white".
>>>

>> A small nit. It’s slightly under 50% so it’s not “most“
>>

>>> Not sure why that's racist, other than it's not good for the 'progressive'
>> agenda.
>>>
>>> Actually, I take that back. It is indeed obviously racist-- the majority of
>> blacks who apparently believe it's not okay to be white are indeed very
>> racist. Something tells me that's not the "racism" for which Adams is being
>> vilified, though.
>>>

>> Also, for those that didn’t watch the video, he just sat there, completely
>> calmly, damn, near half asleep, chuckling once in a while, and slowly
>> speaking. I can find no definition of “rant” that comes anywhere near to
>> describing his behavior. The newspaper was simply lying.
>
> You can't get the clicks by talking about someone saying something
> disagreeable in a reasonable tone, but if you say it's a racist rant
> about how evil white people are then those clicks will roll in.

Further, verifying that there’s no way in hell this rag is a news
organization.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<d470d271-9b76-46e6-a38b-3a3280b2c0e5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177023&group=rec.arts.tv#177023

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 06:02:17 -0800 (PST)
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 14:02 UTC

On Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 5:50:29 PM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
> https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html
>
> Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
> week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
> longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.

Here's a short excerpt from Adams' actual "rant" from YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKx9_TceBMQ [3 minutes]

Clearly, he said what he's accused of saying but calling it a rant seems excessive. I have NOT watched the entire hour-long podcast so I don't know how he led into these statements so I'm missing all of the context. I also don't know what his life experience has been so perhaps it justifies some or even all of his frustration with blacks. After all, if various members of a given minority have harmed you in some way, it's bound to turn you against them to some extent. For example, if blacks have mugged you or called you a "cracker" or damaged your property or whatever, I could see that justifying some resentment if a pattern seemed to be establishing itself.

Still, it's disappointing to hear what *sounds" like a call to just cut off all contact between blacks and whites, period. The optimist in me wants to believe that things are getting incrementally better between blacks and whites or, failing that, that things COULD get incrementally better between blacks and whites.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<ttg73c$2vnv4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177066&group=rec.arts.tv#177066

From: alm...@last.inc (Alan Smithee)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 14:06:36 -0400
 by: Alan Smithee - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 18:06 UTC

On 02/25/2023 11:49 PM, shawn wrote:
> Teaching people about NoScript and uBlock Origin really should be
> among the basics of the Internet that everyone gets taught when first
> getting into using the Internet. Aside from blocking the ads and
> pop-ups it also helps protects from a lot of the malware that is out
> there. So you get a safer and less crowded version of the Internet.

Privacy Badger stops the trackers.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<ejeovhpfpk8au04anjd85001qe7d3j90ae@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177151&group=rec.arts.tv#177151

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 21:07:35 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 05:07 UTC

On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 18:30:57 -0500, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 14:54:57 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On 2023-02-25 22:50:24 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>>> https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/02/we-are-dropping-the-dilbert-comic-strip-because-of-creator-scott-adams-racist-rant-letter-from-the-editor.html
>>>

>>> Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this
>>> week on his Coffee with Scott Adams online video show, and we will no
>>> longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer.
>>
>>What did he actually say?
>Let's see.
>That he is going to stop identifying himself as black
>That he is going to stop helping blacks
>That he recommends you don't hurt blacks but do your best to stay as
>far away from them as you can.
>He talks about a statistic from some poll (don't remember who did it)
>that asked black people if it was "Okay to be white." Supposedly
>something like 26% said no and 21% said they were unsure. He then
>continued to refer to that poll as saying 47% of blacks didn't think
>it was okay to be white, conflating the two numbers together.
>

>So it wasn't so much a racist rant as a low volume discussion of
>mildly racist ideas that could almost be taken as trolling but I'm
>fairly sure he believes all that he says and has reached a point in
>his career/life where he is going to say what ever he thinks without
>regard to the consequences. Ultimately his commentary on the poll was
>pointless other than to stir up a bit of controversy that ended up
>with yet another paper dropping his comic strip. At this rate he may
>be down to no papers carrying his strip in a few years.

I dunno - some of his humor in the past two weeks were more offensive
than that..... which of course is why he's popular.

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<tleovh1b7pl8m6fj94ehhsurqqcup11sjo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177152&group=rec.arts.tv#177152

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 21:10:07 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 05:10 UTC

On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 02:05:31 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Actually, I take that back. It is indeed obviously racist-- the majority of
>blacks who apparently believe it's not okay to be white are indeed very
>racist. Something tells me that's not the "racism" for which Adams is being
>vilified, though.

I dunno - I remember one of the black comedians (Red Buttons I think
but not sure) was far more offensive when he put on "the accent" and
said "yo is what you is!".

To me that was the complete stereotype and just the sort of image most
blacks would abhor - it was worse than Amos + Andy that's for sure!

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<tthfhb$1e4vr$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177160&group=rec.arts.tv#177160

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 21:36:43 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 05:36 UTC

On 2/26/2023 9:10 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 02:05:31 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually, I take that back. It is indeed obviously racist-- the majority of
>> blacks who apparently believe it's not okay to be white are indeed very
>> racist. Something tells me that's not the "racism" for which Adams is being
>> vilified, though.
>>
> I dunno - I remember one of the black comedians (Red Buttons I think

Maybe Redd Foxx? Buttons wasn't black.

> but not sure) was far more offensive when he put on "the accent" and
> said "yo is what you is!".
>
> To me that was the complete stereotype and just the sort of image most
> blacks would abhor - it was worse than Amos + Andy that's for sure!

Re: Alas poor Dilbert

<1877652215.699169343.911135.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177161&group=rec.arts.tv#177161

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 22:49:07 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 05:49 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 02:05:31 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually, I take that back. It is indeed obviously racist-- the majority of
>> blacks who apparently believe it's not okay to be white are indeed very
>> racist. Something tells me that's not the "racism" for which Adams is being
>> vilified, though.
>>
> I dunno - I remember one of the black comedians (Red Buttons I think
> but not sure) was far more offensive when he put on "the accent" and
> said "yo is what you is!".
>
> To me that was the complete stereotype and just the sort of image most
> blacks would abhor - it was worse than Amos + Andy that's for sure!

Famed Black Comedian “Red” Buttons

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1735/596/320/RedButtons.png