"Catch a wave and you're sitting on top of the world." -- The Beach Boys

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

SubjectAuthor
* Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them PronounsUbiquitous
+* Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Whoanim8rfsk
> [...]
| |             |+- Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who UsesmoviePig
| |             |`* Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them PronBTR1701
| |             | `* Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who UsesmoviePig
| |             |  `* Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them PronBTR1701
| |             |   `* Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who UsesmoviePig
| |             |    `* Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them PronBTR1701
| |             |     `- Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Usestrotsky
| |             `- Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Usestrotsky
| `- Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Usestrotsky
`- Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Usestrotsky

Pages:12
Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<tv1p66$1vg3o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179118&group=rec.arts.tv#179118

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 09:15:49 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:15 UTC

Netflix recently canceled a children�s animated show featuring a non-binary
bison who insists on using they/them pronouns.

�Ridley Jones� premiered in 2021 and just released its fifth and final
season. The show is rated TV-Y, meaning it�s aimed at a very young audience,
including children from ages 2-6. The series follows a girl named Ridley who
lives in a magical museum with her mother and grandmother. She�s accompanied
by her non-binary bison Fred who has two �dad mummies.�

Creator Chris Nee, a lesbian and mom, said of the series launch in 2021: �I
am here to change the world. Or retire trying. I know what it is to be
�othered�. My job is to show the world as I want it to be.�

People strongly reacted to episode 8 of season 5, �Herd Day.� This episode
focuses on the non-binary bison discussing pronoun usage. Cyndi Lauper voices
Fred�s grandmother.

Fred says, �My heart says that the way I feel most myself is to go by the
name Fred. That�s because I�m nonbinary and Fred is the name that fits me
best. And I also use �they� and �them,� because calling me a she or a he
doesn�t feel right to me.� This inspires the little bison�s Grandma Dottie to
apologize to Fred for using a previous name and pronouns.

Twitter erupted with reactions from accounts that accused the show of
attempting to foist radical left-wing gender theory on preschoolers.

�Don�t tell me there is not an agenda. Netflix has done it again. This show
is for preschoolers,� one user posted. �Bye Netflix.�

�An actual kid�s show on Netflix. They�re coming for your kids,� Libs of
TikTok shared.

An actual kid�s show on Netflix. They�re coming for your kids.
pic.twitter.com/rN9GtxHK6E

� Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) March 16, 2023

Nee addressed the show�s cancellation last week.

�Doesn�t surprise me that Netflix has quietly dumped the first preschool show
that has a non-binary character coming out,� Nee shared in a tweet on March
8.

�Oh and yes, this is the end of the series. They cancelled us after what they
just put out. They threw all the specials, the xmas special (now?), the
feature length special, the CYNDI LAUPER episode and just quietly slipped it
onto the service. So this is it,� she continued.

In another tweet, Nee wrote, ��Show your kids. It�s on Netflix. It�s
important. It�s a � roadmap for coming out but also for having someone else
tell you they�ve changed their pronouns and/or name.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<339200090.700767632.331272.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179137&group=rec.arts.tv#179137

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who
Uses They/Them Pronouns
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 12:05:08 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:05 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> Netflix recently canceled a children’s animated show featuring a non-binary
> bison who insists on using they/them pronouns.
>
> “Ridley Jones” premiered in 2021 and just released its fifth and final
> season. The show is rated TV-Y, meaning it’s aimed at a very young audience,
> including children from ages 2-6. The series follows a girl named Ridley who
> lives in a magical museum with her mother and grandmother. She’s accompanied
> by her non-binary bison Fred who has two “dad mummies.”

I am offended

> Creator Chris Nee, a lesbian and mom, said of the series launch in 2021: “I
> am here to change the world. Or retire trying. I know what it is to be
> ‘othered’. My job is to show the world as I want it to be.”

And by that you mean not only sick and wrong, but wrong sick?

> People strongly reacted to episode 8 of season 5, “Herd Day.” This episode
> focuses on the non-binary bison discussing pronoun usage. Cyndi Lauper voices
> Fred’s grandmother.
>
> Fred says, “My heart says that the way I feel most myself is to go by the
> name Fred. That’s because I’m nonbinary and Fred is the name that fits me
> best. And I also use ‘they’ and ‘them,’ because calling me a she or a he
> doesn’t feel right to me.” This inspires the little bison’s Grandma Dottie to
> apologize to Fred for using a previous name and pronouns.
>
> Twitter erupted with reactions from accounts that accused the show of
> attempting to foist radical left-wing gender theory on preschoolers.
>
> “Don’t tell me there is not an agenda. Netflix has done it again. This show
> is for preschoolers,” one user posted. “Bye Netflix.”
>
> “An actual kid’s show on Netflix. They’re coming for your kids,” Libs of
> TikTok shared.
>
> An actual kid’s show on Netflix. They’re coming for your kids.
> pic.twitter.com/rN9GtxHK6E
>
> — Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) March 16, 2023

Are the Libs offended or threatening us?

> Nee addressed the show’s cancellation last week.
>
> “Doesn’t surprise me that Netflix has quietly dumped the first preschool show
> that has a non-binary character coming out,” Nee shared in a tweet on March
> 8.
>
> “Oh and yes, this is the end of the series. They cancelled us after what they
> just put out. They threw all the specials, the xmas special (now?), the
> feature length special, the CYNDI LAUPER episode and just quietly slipped it
> onto the service. So this is it,” she continued.

She says putting all this crap on the service for people to see means it’s
canceled?

> In another tweet, Nee wrote, “…Show your kids. It’s on Netflix. It’s
> important. It’s a … roadmap for coming out but also for having someone else
> tell you they’ve changed their pronouns and/or name.”
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<07fe5b09-bb43-4489-9d91-08a7af604df3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179140&group=rec.arts.tv#179140

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 12:10:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses
They/Them Pronouns
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:10 UTC

On Friday, March 17, 2023 at 3:05:13 PM UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> > Netflix recently canceled a children’s animated show featuring a non-binary
> > bison

> > People strongly reacted to episode 8 of season 5, “Herd Day.” This episode
> > focuses on the non-binary bison discussing pronoun usage. Cyndi Lauper voices
> > Fred’s grandmother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESbJI1_tjMo

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<atropos-022108.12295717032023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179143&group=rec.arts.tv#179143

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 12:29:57 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:29 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> > Netflix recently canceled a children's animated show featuring a non-binary
> > bison who insists on using they/them pronouns.
> >
> > RIDLEY JONES premiered in 2021 and just released its fifth and final
> > season. The show is rated TV-Y, meaning it's aimed at a very young
> > audience, including children from ages 2-6. The series follows a girl named
> > Ridley who lives in a magical museum with her mother and grandmother.
> > She's accompanied by her non-binary bison Fred who has two "dad mummies".
> >
> I am offended
>
> > Creator Chris Nee, a lesbian and mom, said of the series launch in 2021: "I
> > am here to change the world. Or retire trying. I know what it is to be
> > 'othered'. My job is to show the world as I want it to be."
>
> And by that you mean not only sick and wrong, but wrong sick?
>
> > People strongly reacted to episode 8 of season 5, "Herd Day". This episode
> > focuses on the non-binary bison discussing pronoun usage. Cyndi Lauper
> > voices Fred's grandmother.
> >
> > Fred says, "My heart says that the way I feel most myself is to go by the
> > name Fred. That's because I'm nonbinary and Fred is the name that fits me
> > best. And I also use 'they' and 'them', because calling me a she or a he
> > doesn't feel right to me." This inspires the little bison's Grandma Dottie
> > to apologize to Fred for using a previous name and pronouns.
> >
> > Twitter erupted with reactions from accounts that accused the show of
> > attempting to foist radical left-wing gender theory on preschoolers.
> >
> > "Don't tell me there is not an agenda. Netflix has done it again. This show
> > is for preschoolers," one user posted. "Bye Netflix."
> >
> > An actual kid's show on Netflix. They're coming for your kids.
> > pic.twitter.com/rN9GtxHK6E
> >
> > --Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) March 16, 2023
>
> Are the Libs offended or threatening us?

"Libs of TikTok" is a conservative account that finds TikTok videos that leftists post of themselves doing things like teachers bragging about how they use their position to stealthily indoctrinate kids in Marxism and 'non-traditional' sexuality.

Because "Libs of TikTok" has a massive following, when it reposts these videos, they often gain national attention, resulting in the firing of the leftist who was stupid enough to post a public video of their own misbehavior. This has resulted in leftists uniting to condemn "Libs of TikTok" as a 'hate account', even though all it does repost videos that leftists themselves have posted. "Libs of TikTok" was suspended several times under the old Twitter regime for violating the rule against harassment, but Twitter management never explained how it's harassment just to retweet a video someone voluntartily posted to a public forum. When Musk took over Twitter, "Libs of TikTok" was one of the first accounts he restored.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<1888194682.700774483.190874.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179147&group=rec.arts.tv#179147

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Uses They/Them Pronouns
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 12:35:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:35 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> [...]
> they use their position to stealthily indoctrinate kids in Marxism and
> 'non-traditional' sexuality.
>
> Because "Libs of TikTok" has a massive following, when it reposts these
> videos, they often gain national attention, resulting in the firing of
> the leftist who was stupid enough to post a public video of their own
> misbehavior. This has resulted in leftists uniting to condemn "Libs of
> TikTok" as a 'hate account', even though all it does repost videos that
> leftists themselves have posted. "Libs of TikTok" was suspended several
> times under the old Twitter regime for violating the rule against
> harassment, but Twitter management never explained how it's harassment
> just to retweet a video someone voluntartily posted to a public forum.
> When Musk took over Twitter, "Libs of TikTok" was one of the first accounts he restored.

Ah. Thanks!

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<59c213a4-27b8-4d0d-b42a-45b1a7fa9a8dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179148&group=rec.arts.tv#179148

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 12:47:08 -0700 (PDT)
They/Them Pronouns
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:47 UTC

On Friday, March 17, 2023 at 3:10:27 PM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> On Friday, March 17, 2023 at 3:05:13 PM UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> > > Netflix recently canceled a children’s animated show featuring a non-binary
> > > bison

> > > People strongly reacted to episode 8 of season 5, “Herd Day.” This episode
> > > focuses on the non-binary bison discussing pronoun usage. Cyndi Lauper voices
> > > Fred’s grandmother.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESbJI1_tjMo

Emily Nickleson
3 years ago
I guess I wasn't the only one not getting this songs meaning.....I'm like 9 years old blasting this with no clue to its actual meaning!! Goes to show how great a song that this is!! We loved it no matter what! Lol!!!

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<W85RL.1921894$GNG9.1393733@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179157&group=rec.arts.tv#179157

They/Them Pronouns
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 17:42:13 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 21:42 UTC

On 3/17/2023 3:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
>
> Because "Libs of TikTok" has a massive following, when it reposts these videos, they often gain national attention, resulting in the firing of the leftist who was stupid enough to post a public video of their own misbehavior. This has resulted in leftists uniting to condemn "Libs of TikTok" as a 'hate account', even though all it does repost videos that leftists themselves have posted. "Libs of TikTok" was suspended several times under the old Twitter regime for violating the rule against harassment, but Twitter management never explained how it's harassment just to retweet a video someone voluntartily posted to a public forum. When Musk took over Twitter, "Libs of TikTok" was one of the first accounts he restored.

Whether "hate speech" can be defined or disallowed is a separate issue,
but note that editing can turn anyone's own video against them.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<QoWcnTKYW7G6fon5nZ2dnZfqn_QAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179163&group=rec.arts.tv#179163

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 22:01:11 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 22:01 UTC

On Mar 17, 2023 at 2:42:13 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 3/17/2023 3:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article
>> <339200090.700767632.331272.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> I am offended

>>> And by that you mean not only sick and wrong, but wrong sick?

>>> Are the Libs offended or threatening us?
>>
>> "Libs of TikTok" is a conservative account that finds TikTok videos that
>> leftists post of themselves doing things like teachers bragging about how
>> they use their position to stealthily indoctrinate kids in Marxism and
>> 'non-traditional' sexuality.
>>
>> Because "Libs of TikTok" has a massive following, when it reposts these
>> videos, they often gain national attention, resulting in the firing of the
>> leftist who was stupid enough to post a public video of their own
>> misbehavior. This has resulted in leftists uniting to condemn "Libs of
>> TikTok" as a 'hate account', even though all it does repost videos that
>> leftists themselves have posted. "Libs of TikTok" was suspended several
>> times under the old Twitter regime for violating the rule against
>> harassment, but Twitter management never explained how it's harassment just
>> to retweet a video someone voluntarily posted to a public forum. When Musk
>> took over Twitter, "Libs of TikTok" was one of the first accounts he
>> restored.
>
> Whether "hate speech" can be defined or disallowed is a separate issue,
> but note that editing can turn anyone's own video against them.

The account literally just reposts or retweets the videos as they are. It's
never been accused of editing them.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<MA5RL.1599382$9sn9.1073923@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179164&group=rec.arts.tv#179164

They/Them Pronouns
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 17:11:55 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 22:11 UTC

On 3/17/23 2:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
>
> Because "Libs of TikTok" has a massive following, when it reposts these videos, they often gain national attention, resulting in the firing of the leftist who was stupid enough to post a public video of their own misbehavior. This has resulted in leftists uniting to condemn "Libs of TikTok" as a 'hate account', even though all it does repost videos that leftists themselves have posted. "Libs of TikTok" was suspended several times under the old Twitter regime for violating the rule against harassment, but Twitter management never explained how it's harassment just to retweet a video someone voluntartily posted to a public forum. When Musk took over Twitter, "Libs of TikTok" was one of the first accounts he restored.

Are "Oath Keepers of TikTok" on the horizon then?

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<Pm6RL.1060786$gGD7.915608@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179166&group=rec.arts.tv#179166

They/Them Pronouns
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:05:17 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 23:05 UTC

On 3/17/2023 6:01 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2023 at 2:42:13 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/17/2023 3:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <339200090.700767632.331272.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> "Libs of TikTok" is a conservative account that finds TikTok videos that
>>> leftists post of themselves doing things like teachers bragging about how
>>> they use their position to stealthily indoctrinate kids in Marxism and
>>> 'non-traditional' sexuality.
>>>
>>> Because "Libs of TikTok" has a massive following, when it reposts these
>>> videos, they often gain national attention, resulting in the firing of the
>>> leftist who was stupid enough to post a public video of their own
>>> misbehavior. This has resulted in leftists uniting to condemn "Libs of
>>> TikTok" as a 'hate account', even though all it does repost videos that
>>> leftists themselves have posted. "Libs of TikTok" was suspended several
>>> times under the old Twitter regime for violating the rule against
>>> harassment, but Twitter management never explained how it's harassment just
>>> to retweet a video someone voluntarily posted to a public forum. When Musk
>>> took over Twitter, "Libs of TikTok" was one of the first accounts he
>>> restored.
>>
>> Whether "hate speech" can be defined or disallowed is a separate issue,
>> but note that editing can turn anyone's own video against them.
>
> The account literally just reposts or retweets the videos as they are. It's
> never been accused of editing them.

From Wiki:

"It reposts content created by left-wing and LGBT people on TikTok,
and on other social media platforms, often with hostile, mocking, or
derogatory commentary."

(I won't debate whether a pointed surrounding context is 'editing'.)

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<TU-dnQoYcOkxZIn5nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179167&group=rec.arts.tv#179167

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Uses They/Them Pronouns
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 23:37:16 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 23:37 UTC

moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
> On 3/17/2023 6:01 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Whether "hate speech" can be defined or disallowed is a separate issue,
>>> but note that editing can turn anyone's own video against them.
>>
>> The account literally just reposts or retweets the videos as they are. It's
>> never been accused of editing them.
>
> From Wiki:
>
> "It reposts content created by left-wing and LGBT people on TikTok,
> and on other social media platforms, often with hostile, mocking, or
> derogatory commentary."
>
> (I won't debate whether a pointed surrounding context is 'editing'.)

Said 'derogatory commentary' mostly just being criticism of leftism. That's
all it takes to be labeled 'hostile', 'hateful', or 'harassing' these days.

Regardless, posting a commentary on a video is not even remotely equivalent
to deceptively editing a video.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<qGgRL.186320$jiuc.124065@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179203&group=rec.arts.tv#179203

They/Them Pronouns
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 05:48:54 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 10:48 UTC

On 3/17/23 6:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> The account literally just reposts or retweets the videos as they are. It's
>>> never been accused of editing them.
>>
>> From Wiki:
>>
>> "It reposts content created by left-wing and LGBT people on TikTok,
>> and on other social media platforms, often with hostile, mocking, or
>> derogatory commentary."
>>
>> (I won't debate whether a pointed surrounding context is 'editing'.)
>
> Said 'derogatory commentary' mostly just being criticism of leftism. That's
> all it takes to be labeled 'hostile', 'hateful', or 'harassing' these days.
>
> Regardless, posting a commentary on a video is not even remotely equivalent
> to deceptively editing a video.

Sure the problem is you and your oath keeping ilk just come off as
eunuchs incapable of self criticism of any kind ever. Eunuch like, you
duck such criticism coming from any direction. Whereas why the fuck
don't you ask Al Franken what happens when Dems criticize each other,
after you get your testicles reattached that is.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<sIkRL.1114929$Tcw8.446530@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179219&group=rec.arts.tv#179219

They/Them Pronouns
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 11:24:06 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 15:24 UTC

On 3/17/2023 7:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> The account literally just reposts or retweets the videos as they are. It's
>>> never been accused of editing them.
>>
>> From Wiki:
>>
>> "It reposts content created by left-wing and LGBT people on TikTok,
>> and on other social media platforms, often with hostile, mocking, or
>> derogatory commentary."
>>
>> (I won't debate whether a pointed surrounding context is 'editing'.)
>
> Said 'derogatory commentary' mostly just being criticism of leftism. That's
> all it takes to be labeled 'hostile', 'hateful', or 'harassing' these days.
>
> Regardless, posting a commentary on a video is not even remotely equivalent
> to deceptively editing a video.

There are (at least) two sorts of 'criticism'. One is the kind that
tries to evaluate a topic rationally, while the other begins with a
negative *pre*-evaluation and hunts only flaws. And the latter sort can
often be dialed up to 'hate speech' intensity.

Meanwhile, even *selecting* a video for presentation can be "deceptive".

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<atropos-C0909D.10271018032023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179231&group=rec.arts.tv#179231

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 10:27:10 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 17:27 UTC

In article <sIkRL.1114929$Tcw8.446530@fx10.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 3/17/2023 7:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> >> From Wiki:
> >>
> >> "It reposts content created by left-wing and LGBT people on TikTok,
> >> and on other social media platforms, often with hostile, mocking, or
> >> derogatory commentary."
> >>
> >> (I won't debate whether a pointed surrounding context is 'editing'.)
> >
> > Said 'derogatory commentary' mostly just being criticism of leftism. That's
> > all it takes to be labeled 'hostile', 'hateful', or 'harassing' these days.
> >
> > Regardless, posting a commentary on a video is not even remotely equivalent
> > to deceptively editing a video.
>
> There are (at least) two sorts of 'criticism'.

Neither of which edits a video.

> Meanwhile, even *selecting* a video for presentation can be "deceptive".

Not for an account that explicitly exists to highlight the insanity of
leftists on TikTok. It's giving you exactly what it promises.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<tv504l$2jgf4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179236&group=rec.arts.tv#179236

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 18:32:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 18:32 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>>Said 'derogatory commentary' mostly just being criticism of leftism. That's
>>>all it takes to be labeled 'hostile', 'hateful', or 'harassing' these days.

>>>Regardless, posting a commentary on a video is not even remotely equivalent
>>>to deceptively editing a video.

>>There are (at least) two sorts of 'criticism'.

>Neither of which edits a video.

>>Meanwhile, even *selecting* a video for presentation can be "deceptive".

>Not for an account that explicitly exists to highlight the insanity of
>leftists on TikTok. It's giving you exactly what it promises.

You are trying valiantly to get through, here, but remember, moviePig's
SRF doesn't obey the laws of thermodynamics but repels good sense and
logic at twice the force.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<2wnRL.1459191$iS99.1184159@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179237&group=rec.arts.tv#179237

They/Them Pronouns
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 14:35:40 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 18:35 UTC

On 3/18/2023 1:27 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <sIkRL.1114929$Tcw8.446530@fx10.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> Said 'derogatory commentary' mostly just being criticism of leftism. That's
>>> all it takes to be labeled 'hostile', 'hateful', or 'harassing' these days.
>>>
>>> Regardless, posting a commentary on a video is not even remotely equivalent
>>> to deceptively editing a video.
>>
>> There are (at least) two sorts of 'criticism'.
>
> Neither of which edits a video.
>
>> Meanwhile, even *selecting* a video for presentation can be "deceptive".
>
> Not for an account that explicitly exists to highlight the insanity of
> leftists on TikTok. It's giving you exactly what it promises.

Depends on whether it significantly minimizes the degree of selectivity.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<atropos-4BCAFE.11563118032023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179242&group=rec.arts.tv#179242

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 11:56:31 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 18:56 UTC

In article <tv504l$2jgf4$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> >>There are (at least) two sorts of 'criticism'.
>
> >Neither of which edits a video.
>
> >>Meanwhile, even *selecting* a video for presentation can be "deceptive".
>
> >Not for an account that explicitly exists to highlight the insanity of
> >leftists on TikTok. It's giving you exactly what it promises.
>
> You are trying valiantly to get through, here, but remember, moviePig's
> SRF doesn't obey the laws of thermodynamics but repels good sense and
> logic at twice the force.

It's like when the Enterprise was stuck in that anomaly that pulled them
in faster the more power they used to try to escape it.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<atropos-AC5C2C.12304418032023@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179251&group=rec.arts.tv#179251

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <tv1p66$1vg3o$1@dont-email.me> <339200090.700767632.331272.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <atropos-022108.12295717032023@news.giganews.com> <W85RL.1921894$GNG9.1393733@fx18.iad> <QoWcnTKYW7G6fon5nZ2dnZfqn_QAAAAA@giganews.com> <Pm6RL.1060786$gGD7.915608@fx11.iad> <TU-dnQoYcOkxZIn5nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com> <sIkRL.1114929$Tcw8.446530@fx10.iad> <atropos-C0909D.10271018032023@news.giganews.com> <2wnRL.1459191$iS99.1184159@fx16.iad>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 12:30:44 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 19:30 UTC

In article <2wnRL.1459191$iS99.1184159@fx16.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 3/18/2023 1:27 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <sIkRL.1114929$Tcw8.446530@fx10.iad>,
> > moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> >> There are (at least) two sorts of 'criticism'.
> >
> > Neither of which edits a video.
> >
> >> Meanwhile, even *selecting* a video for presentation can be "deceptive".
> >
> > Not for an account that explicitly exists to highlight the insanity of
> > leftists on TikTok. It's giving you exactly what it promises.
>
> Depends on whether it significantly minimizes the degree of selectivity.

You sound like Stanford advocating for the censorship of even true
information about the Wuhan Flu because it might make people think bad
things about the government.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<4xpRL.1589163$iU59.759687@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179257&group=rec.arts.tv#179257

They/Them Pronouns
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
<atropos-AC5C2C.12304418032023@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 16:53:18 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 20:53 UTC

On 3/18/2023 3:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <2wnRL.1459191$iS99.1184159@fx16.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/18/2023 1:27 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Neither of which edits a video.

>>> Not for an account that explicitly exists to highlight the insanity of
>>> leftists on TikTok. It's giving you exactly what it promises.
>>
>> Depends on whether it significantly minimizes the degree of selectivity.
>
> You sound like Stanford advocating for the censorship of even true
> information about the Wuhan Flu because it might make people think bad
> things about the government.

What's with the "censorship" shtick? Are you drinking Adam's tap water?

"Information" presented as argument for a medical conclusion, if it
doesn't include analysis of known alternatives, is of concern. Ymmv on
what ameliorating steps may be appropriate, but I think that letting
some polemic stand as objective medical advice is hard to countenance.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<msWcnauMNf1Zq4v5nZ2dnZfqnPQAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179266&group=rec.arts.tv#179266

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 22:10:12 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 22:10 UTC

On Mar 18, 2023 at 1:53:18 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 3/18/2023 3:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <2wnRL.1459191$iS99.1184159@fx16.iad>,
>> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> Depends on whether it significantly minimizes the degree of selectivity.
>>
>> You sound like Stanford advocating for the censorship of even true
>> information about the Wuhan Flu because it might make people think bad
>> things about the government.
>
> What's with the "censorship" shtick? Are you drinking Adam's tap water?
>
> "Information" presented as argument for a medical conclusion, if it
> doesn't include analysis of known alternatives, is of concern. Ymmv on
> what ameliorating steps may be appropriate, but I think that letting
> some polemic stand as objective medical advice is hard to countenance.

They were talking about censoring people talking about the results of
university studies and even information from the government itself because the
results didn't conform to the administration's rhetoric. How is that "polemic
as medical advice"?

They were talking about censoring people from objecting to vaccine passports
and discussing how such things run counter to notions of American freedom.

Just in another thread this very day you decried "Papers please?" and here
you're sticking up for those who wanted to censor people for objecting to
"Papers please?" You're truly amazing.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<JirRL.356335$5CY7.238946@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179272&group=rec.arts.tv#179272

They/Them Pronouns
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 18:54:32 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 22:54 UTC

On 3/18/2023 6:10 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2023 at 1:53:18 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/18/2023 3:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> You sound like Stanford advocating for the censorship of even true
>>> information about the Wuhan Flu because it might make people think bad
>>> things about the government.
>>
>> What's with the "censorship" shtick? Are you drinking Adam's tap water?
>>
>> "Information" presented as argument for a medical conclusion, if it
>> doesn't include analysis of known alternatives, is of concern. Ymmv on
>> what ameliorating steps may be appropriate, but I think that letting
>> some polemic stand as objective medical advice is hard to countenance.
>
> They were talking about censoring people talking about the results of
> university studies and even information from the government itself because the
> results didn't conform to the administration's rhetoric. How is that "polemic
> as medical advice"?
>
> They were talking about censoring people from objecting to vaccine passports
> and discussing how such things run counter to notions of American freedom.
>
> Just in another thread this very day you decried "Papers please?" and here
> you're sticking up for those who wanted to censor people for objecting to
> "Papers please?" You're truly amazing.

Okay. *Was* anyone's "freedom"-objection to vaccine passports censored?

(I've picked what seemed to be your most censor-like claim.)

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<1180336928.700879934.185076.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179280&group=rec.arts.tv#179280

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Uses They/Them Pronouns
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 17:59:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 00:59 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <tv504l$2jgf4$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Neither of which edits a video.

>>> Not for an account that explicitly exists to highlight the insanity of
>>> leftists on TikTok. It's giving you exactly what it promises.
>>
>> You are trying valiantly to get through, here, but remember, moviePig's
>> SRF doesn't obey the laws of thermodynamics but repels good sense and
>> logic at twice the force.
>
> It's like when the Enterprise was stuck in that anomaly that pulled them
> in faster the more power they used to try to escape it.

Or that time I tried to explain reality to Clod Reamer

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<atropos-D05385.18284118032023@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179290&group=rec.arts.tv#179290

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 18:28:41 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 01:28 UTC

In article <JirRL.356335$5CY7.238946@fx46.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 3/18/2023 6:10 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > On Mar 18, 2023 at 1:53:18 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> > wrote:

> >> What's with the "censorship" shtick? Are you drinking Adam's tap water?
> >>
> >> "Information" presented as argument for a medical conclusion, if it
> >> doesn't include analysis of known alternatives, is of concern. Ymmv on
> >> what ameliorating steps may be appropriate, but I think that letting
> >> some polemic stand as objective medical advice is hard to countenance.
> >
> > They were talking about censoring people talking about the results of
> > university studies and even information from the government itself because
> > the results didn't conform to the administration's rhetoric. How is that
> > "polemic as medical advice"?
> >
> > They were talking about censoring people from objecting to vaccine
> > passports and discussing how such things run counter to notions of
> > American freedom.
> >
> > Just in another thread this very day you decried "Papers please?" and here
> > you're sticking up for those who wanted to censor people for objecting to
> > "Papers please?" You're truly amazing.
>
> Okay. *Was* anyone's "freedom"-objection to vaccine passports censored?

I don't know. I haven't conducted an exhaustive survey of all the
pre-Musk Wuhan Flu censorship at Twitter, but it was inarguably florid.

However, whether it actually happened isn't the point. The Stanford crew
was advocating for shutting up anyone who objected to a "Papers please"
society and you're apparently cool with that here while taking the
opposite position in another thread.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<NJzRL.1592953$iU59.1256823@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179304&group=rec.arts.tv#179304

They/Them Pronouns
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 03:29:33 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 08:29 UTC

On 3/18/23 6:18 PM, RichA wrote:
> Homosexual animals on kid's shows. What next in the homosexual groomer's handbag?

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about but at least you
spelled "animals" without an apostrophe.

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<GeARL.1461748$iS99.11969@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179320&group=rec.arts.tv#179320

They/Them Pronouns
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 04:04:38 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 09:04 UTC

On 3/18/23 8:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <JirRL.356335$5CY7.238946@fx46.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/18/2023 6:10 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> They were talking about censoring people talking about the results of
>>> university studies and even information from the government itself because
>>> the results didn't conform to the administration's rhetoric. How is that
>>> "polemic as medical advice"?
>>>
>>> They were talking about censoring people from objecting to vaccine
>>> passports and discussing how such things run counter to notions of
>>> American freedom.
>>>
>>> Just in another thread this very day you decried "Papers please?" and here
>>> you're sticking up for those who wanted to censor people for objecting to
>>> "Papers please?" You're truly amazing.
>>
>> Okay. *Was* anyone's "freedom"-objection to vaccine passports censored?
>
> I don't know.

Hey, at least you've admitted being a total twat this entire time.
Score one for mpig.