The best laid plans of mice and men are held up in the legal department.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

SubjectAuthor
* Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him foranim8rfsk
+* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forUbiquitous
|`* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
| `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himUbiquitous
|  `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
|   `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her shawn
|    +* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her Ubiquitous
|    |`- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
|    +- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
|    +* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forRhino
|    |+* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her shawn
|    ||+- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her Ubiquitous
|    ||`- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forsuzeeq
|    |+- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forEd Stasiak
|    |`* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
|    | +* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her A Friend
|    | |+- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forDimensional Traveler
|    | |`* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forRhino
|    | | `- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
|    | `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forRhino
|    |  `- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
|    `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her BTR1701
|     +- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
|     `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her Ubiquitous
|      `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
|       +- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her shawn
|       `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forDimensional Traveler
|        `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
|         `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forDimensional Traveler
|          `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
|           `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forDimensional Traveler
|            `* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
|             +* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forDimensional Traveler
|             |`* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her The Horny Goat
|             | `- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forDimensional Traveler
|             `- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her BTR1701
+* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forRhino2
|+* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues himanim8rfsk
||`* Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forsuzeeq
|| `- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forCyril Motiti
|`- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him fortrotsky
`- Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him forCyril Motiti

Pages:12
Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<1665174961.701503906.829382.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180067&group=rec.arts.tv#180067

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for
getting in her way
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 23:14:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 06:14 UTC

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/gwyneth-paltrow-trial-ski-collision-deer-valley-park-city-utah/

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<tvs39j$37d7d$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180198&group=rec.arts.tv#180198

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
getting in her way
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 04:30:48 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 09:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

> https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/gwyneth-paltrow-trial-ski-collision-deer-valley-park-city-utah/

Actually, she thought she was being raped.

Gwyneth Paltrow, the Oscar-winning actress and founder of luxury lifestyle brand Goop, is
currently involved in a civil trial after being sued by a retired optometrist who accused her of
causing permanent brain damage after crashing into him while skiing in Utah.

In 2019, Terry Sanderson, 76, filed a lawsuit against Paltrow initially seeking $3 million in
damages. The amount has since been dropped to $300,000. Sanderson alleges that on February 26,
2016, he was skiing on a beginner�s slope at Deer Valley Resort in Park City, Utah, a resort town
known for hosting the Sundance Film Festival.

Sanderson claims that the actress was skiing behind him on the slope and had turned to watch her
children before, as his attorney said in court Tuesday, �she turns her head back down, she
screams, then skis into the back of Terry Sanderson.� Sanderson�s attorney, Lawrence Buhler, said
that after the collision, his client was left �facedown in the snow, unconscious,� according to
The Washington Post. After the crash, Paltrow allegedly fled, leaving Sanderson �stunned, lying in
the snow, seriously injured,� according to his lawsuit. Paltrow didn�t call for help, he added.

Sanderson later went to an emergency room and was diagnosed with a concussion and four broken
ribs. Sanderson�s ski companion, Craig Ramon, testified at the civil trial that he saw Paltrow
crash into Sanderson and knock him over.

�I hear this scream and then I see this skier just slam into the back of Terry,� Ramon testified.

Buhler, Sanderson�s attorney, said the accident has left his client with lasting damage, blaming
Paltrow�s �neglect, her choices and her disregard for other people on the mountain all combined
together� for Sanderson�s issues.

�Before this crash, Terry was an outgoing, charming, gregarious person,� Buhler said at the trial.
�But after the crash, he�s no longer charming.�

Sanderson�s lawsuit claims he suffered a �permanent traumatic brain injury, four broken ribs,
pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress and disfigurement.�

Paltrow�s attorneys have argued that, while a collision did occur between the actress and
Sanderson seven years ago, it was the retired optometrist who crashed into her. One of her
attorneys, Stephen Owens, said at the trial that because Paltrow was struck so suddenly, she at
first thought she was being assaulted.

�She�s skiing, enjoying herself,� Owens said. �Suddenly she sees two skis appear between her skis.
And a man comes up right behind her.�

Owens said that right after the crash, Sanderson asked, �Who ran into who?� and then apologized to
Paltrow after she said that he ran into her. Paltrow�s defense team said members of her group
checked on Sanderson after the accident and he said he was okay, and that he said the same thing
to a ski patrol member who came to check on them. The actress� attorneys said Paltrow only skied
away after Sanderson said he was okay and after ski patrol left, and that the retired optometrist
only sought help after he waved away ski patrol.

Owens said Ramon�s account of the incident was �a whole different, crazy story.� Owens argued that
Sanderson didn�t even know that Paltrow was involved at the time, since she was wearing a helmet
and goggles. But later, when he discovered who she was, he sent an email to his daughters saying
�I�m famous.�

Owens also suggested that the crash isn�t the cause of Sanderson�s health issues, saying, �He�s
aging, he has prior problems, and he�s now obsessed, essentially, with this lawsuit.�

�I don�t want to seem like I�m beating up on a kindly old man,� Owens added, �but keep in mind we
have to do this because they�ve said Gwyneth owes me $3 million.�

Paltrow has filed a counterclaim against Sanderson, seeking a symbolic $1 in damages, as well as
attorney fees. Paltrow has called Sanderson�s lawsuit a �meritless claim� and �an attempt to
exploit her celebrity and wealth.�

Paltrow says in her countersuit that Deer Valley ski instructor Eric Christiansen witnessed the
incident and bolstered her version of the story. In his lawsuit, Sanderson claims that
Christiansen didn�t see what happened and filed a false police report supporting Paltrow�s claims.

The civil trial began Tuesday and is scheduled to last eight days, with Paltrow�s husband, Brad
Falchuk, as well as her children, daughter Apple and son Moses,

"The sky was low and heavy, like the brow of a retarded child."

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<628293013.701625902.856936.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180218&group=rec.arts.tv#180218

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him
for getting in her way
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 11:28:07 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 18:28 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> [...]
> added, “but keep in mind we
> have to do this because they’ve said Gwyneth owes me $3 million.”
>
> Paltrow has filed a counterclaim against Sanderson, seeking a symbolic $1
> in damages, as well as
> attorney fees. Paltrow has called Sanderson’s lawsuit a “meritless claim”
> and “an attempt to
> exploit her celebrity and wealth.”
>
> Paltrow says in her countersuit that Deer Valley ski instructor Eric
> Christiansen witnessed the
> incident and bolstered her version of the story. In his lawsuit, Sanderson claims that
> Christiansen didn’t see what happened and filed a false police report
> supporting Paltrow’s claims.
>
> The civil trial began Tuesday and is scheduled to last eight days, with
> Paltrow’s husband, Brad
> Falchuk, as well as her children, daughter Apple and son Moses,

She deserves the death penalty, at least, as much as Alec Baldwin does.

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<HFmdnUQCfLaGvb_5nZ2dnZfqn_cAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180238&group=rec.arts.tv#180238

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
for getting in her way
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 18:59:00 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 22:59 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>She deserves the death penalty, at least, as much as Alec Baldwin does.

Gwyneth Paltrow, who is testifying in a trial in which a retired optometrist
is suing her for allegedly crashing into him on a ski slope, was mocked for a
statement she made about any loss she suffered from the accident.

Paltrow was sued by retired optometrist Terry Sanderson in 2019; he alleged
she plowed into him on Flagstaff Mountain, part of the Deer Valley Resort
near Park City on a beginner�s course called the Bandana Run. Sanderson
claimed he suffered a �permanent traumatic brain injury, four broken ribs,
pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress and
disfigurement,� and that Paltrow �got up, turned and skied away,� leaving him
�stunned, lying in the snow, seriously injured� without calling for help.

Asked at the trial about any losses she suffered from the accident, Paltrow
glibly replied, �Well, we lost half a day of skiing.�

�White Chicks� star Busy Philipps and actress Jen Tullock responded on
Instagram by posting Paltrow�s statement with a photo of the two women
holding drinks.

Another critic referenced the �vagina candles� Paltrow�s Goop company
produced, snapping, �Half a day of skiing that she will never get back! How
many vagina candles did that cost her?!?!�

That was echoed by another critic, who wrote, ��Well, I lost half a day of
skiing�� �Gwyneth Paltrow ?? I mean, this whole �trial� is bat-shit crazy.
Makes me kinda miss the vagina candle and the $12K vibrator.�

The �lawsuit is completely without merit � anyone who reads the facts will
realize that,� a representative for Paltrow has responded to the lawsuit.
Paltrow filed a countersuit, asking for $1 and the costs of her legal
expenses if she won.

Paltrow has called the lawsuit � which states that Deer Valley ski instructor
Eric Christiansen didn�t see the incident but blamed Sanderson for the
accident and filed a false report to buttress Paltrow�s version of events �
�a meritless claim� and �an attempt to exploit her celebrity and wealth.� She
has stated that she �remembers what happened very clearly.�

CLICK HERE TO GET THE DAILYWIRE+ APP

Paltrow�s countersuit stated that Sanderson admitted he didn�t remember the
incident, and that Sanderson skied downhill into her in a �full body blow.�
She claimed Christiansen saw the incident, that she was angry, and that
Sanderson apologized.

An acquaintance of Sanderson�s, Craig Ramon, claimed he saw the incident and
Paltrow �landed right on top of him, and then she slides off to the side.�
Paltrow �didn�t say a single word,� Ramon claimed, adding that she did not
seek help.

Last July, Paltrow, who has made tens of millions of dollars with her
lifestyle company Goop, explained the meaning behind Goop�s candle named
�This Smells Like My Vagina.�

Paltrow introduced the product in 2020; it reportedly sold out within hours
of being available.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<506431606.701656201.400960.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180278&group=rec.arts.tv#180278

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
for getting in her way
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 23:18:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 06:18 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>
>> She deserves the death penalty, at least, as much as Alec Baldwin does.
>
> Gwyneth Paltrow, who is testifying in a trial in which a retired optometrist
> is suing her for allegedly crashing into him on a ski slope, was mocked for a
> statement she made about any loss she suffered from the accident.
>
> Paltrow was sued by retired optometrist Terry Sanderson in 2019; he alleged
> she plowed into him on Flagstaff Mountain, part of the Deer Valley Resort
> near Park City on a beginner’s course called the Bandana Run. Sanderson
> claimed he suffered a “permanent traumatic brain injury, four broken ribs,
> pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress and
> disfigurement,”

So basically, she turned him into me

and that Paltrow “got up, turned and skied away,” leaving him
> “stunned, lying in the snow, seriously injured” without calling for help.
>
> Asked at the trial about any losses she suffered from the accident, Paltrow
> glibly replied, “Well, we lost half a day of skiing.”
>
> “White Chicks” star Busy Philipps and actress Jen Tullock responded on
> Instagram by posting Paltrow’s statement with a photo of the two women
> holding drinks.
>
> Another critic referenced the “vagina candles” Paltrow’s Goop company
> produced, snapping, “Half a day of skiing that she will never get back! How
> many vagina candles did that cost her?!?!”
>
> That was echoed by another critic, who wrote, “’Well, I lost half a day of
> skiing…’ —Gwyneth Paltrow ?? I mean, this whole ‘trial’ is bat-shit crazy.
> Makes me kinda miss the vagina candle and the $12K vibrator.”
>
> The “lawsuit is completely without merit … anyone who reads the facts will
> realize that,” a representative for Paltrow has responded to the lawsuit.
> Paltrow filed a countersuit, asking for $1 and the costs of her legal
> expenses if she won.
>
> Paltrow has called the lawsuit — which states that Deer Valley ski instructor
> Eric Christiansen didn’t see the incident but blamed Sanderson for the
> accident and filed a false report to buttress Paltrow’s version of events —
> “a meritless claim” and “an attempt to exploit her celebrity and wealth.” She
> has stated that she “remembers what happened very clearly.”
>
> CLICK HERE TO GET THE DAILYWIRE+ APP
>
> Paltrow’s countersuit stated that Sanderson admitted he didn’t remember the
> incident, and that Sanderson skied downhill into her in a “full body blow.”
> She claimed Christiansen saw the incident, that she was angry, and that
> Sanderson apologized.
>
> An acquaintance of Sanderson’s, Craig Ramon, claimed he saw the incident and
> Paltrow “landed right on top of him, and then she slides off to the side.”
> Paltrow “didn’t say a single word,” Ramon claimed, adding that she did not
> seek help.
>
> Last July, Paltrow, who has made tens of millions of dollars with her
> lifestyle company Goop, explained the meaning behind Goop’s candle named
> “This Smells Like My Vagina.”
>
> Paltrow introduced the product in 2020; it reportedly sold out within hours
> of being available.
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<9da52itq2dnrh1af6sgq1u77qep2upm0sg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180280&group=rec.arts.tv#180280

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 04:51:14 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 08:51 UTC

On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 23:18:18 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>>
>>> She deserves the death penalty, at least, as much as Alec Baldwin does.
>>
>> Gwyneth Paltrow, who is testifying in a trial in which a retired optometrist
>> is suing her for allegedly crashing into him on a ski slope, was mocked for a
>> statement she made about any loss she suffered from the accident.
>>
>> Paltrow was sued by retired optometrist Terry Sanderson in 2019; he alleged
>> she plowed into him on Flagstaff Mountain, part of the Deer Valley Resort
>> near Park City on a beginner’s course called the Bandana Run. Sanderson
>> claimed he suffered a “permanent traumatic brain injury, four broken ribs,
>> pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress and
>> disfigurement,”
>
>So basically, she turned him into me

Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?

>and that Paltrow “got up, turned and skied away,” leaving him
>> “stunned, lying in the snow, seriously injured” without calling for help.

I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<tvuico$3nce5$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180286&group=rec.arts.tv#180286

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 04:30:43 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 09:30 UTC

nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Gwyneth Paltrow, who is testifying in a trial in which a retired optometrist
>>> is suing her for allegedly crashing into him on a ski slope, was mocked for
>>> a statement she made about any loss she suffered from the accident.
>>>
>>> Paltrow was sued by retired optometrist Terry Sanderson in 2019; he alleged
>>> she plowed into him on Flagstaff Mountain, part of the Deer Valley Resort
>>> near Park City on a beginner’s course called the Bandana Run. Sanderson
>>> claimed he suffered a “permanent traumatic brain injury, four broken
>>> ribs, pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress and
>>> disfigurement,”
>>
>>So basically, she turned him into me
>
>Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?
>
>> and that Paltrow "got up, turned and skied away," leaving him
>> "stunned, lying in the snow, seriously injured" without calling for help.
>
>I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
>Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
>involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
>position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
>wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.

The answer is simple: She's a profoundly stupid selfish narcist.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<1118308981.701707568.479238.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180295&group=rec.arts.tv#180295

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
for getting in her way
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 07:55:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 14:55 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> So basically, she turned him into me
>>
>> Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?
>>
>>> and that Paltrow "got up, turned and skied away," leaving him
>>> "stunned, lying in the snow, seriously injured" without calling for help.
>>
>> I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
>> Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
>> involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
>> position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
>> wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.
>
> The answer is simple: She's a profoundly stupid selfish narcist.

Yep

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<642165123.701707615.837701.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180296&group=rec.arts.tv#180296

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
for getting in her way
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 07:55:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 14:55 UTC

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 23:18:18 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Gwyneth Paltrow, who is testifying in a trial in which a retired optometrist
>>> is suing her for allegedly crashing into him on a ski slope, was mocked for a
>>> statement she made about any loss she suffered from the accident.
>>>
>>> Paltrow was sued by retired optometrist Terry Sanderson in 2019; he alleged
>>> she plowed into him on Flagstaff Mountain, part of the Deer Valley Resort
>>> near Park City on a beginner’s course called the Bandana Run. Sanderson
>>> claimed he suffered a “permanent traumatic brain injury, four broken ribs,
>>> pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress and
>>> disfigurement,”
>>
>> So basically, she turned him into me
>>

> Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?
>
>> and that Paltrow “got up, turned and skied away,” leaving him
>>> “stunned, lying in the snow, seriously injured” without calling for help.
>
> I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
> Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
> involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
> position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
> wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.

I don’t know why you’d sell eggs cause toxic shock syndrome or brag that
candles stink like your vagina, or name my kid Apple either.

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<tvv3ft$3prtu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180300&group=rec.arts.tv#180300

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
getting in her way
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 12:09:33 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 16:09 UTC

On 2023-03-28 4:51 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 23:18:18 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Gwyneth Paltrow, who is testifying in a trial in which a retired optometrist
>>> is suing her for allegedly crashing into him on a ski slope, was mocked for a
>>> statement she made about any loss she suffered from the accident.
>>>
>>> Paltrow was sued by retired optometrist Terry Sanderson in 2019; he alleged
>>> she plowed into him on Flagstaff Mountain, part of the Deer Valley Resort
>>> near Park City on a beginner’s course called the Bandana Run. Sanderson
>>> claimed he suffered a “permanent traumatic brain injury, four broken ribs,
>>> pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress and
>>> disfigurement,”
>>
>> So basically, she turned him into me
>>

> Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?
>
>> and that Paltrow “got up, turned and skied away,” leaving him
>>> “stunned, lying in the snow, seriously injured” without calling for help.
>
> I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
> Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
> involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
> position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
> wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.

The first time I went skiing, I was the only one on the hill, except for
one other guy who was nearly at the bottom of the hill and on the
opposite side. The friends I'd gone with, who were all experienced
skiers, shouted advice at me all the way down but, as usual, I was
pretty inept at a new physical activity. So inept, it turns out, that I
ended up running into the only other guy on the hill. We both went down,
we both got up and went our merry ways. I don't remember asking him if
he was okay and I don't remember him asking me if I was okay: we just
took it as one of those things that happens on the beginner hill. (My
friends told me later that they'd considered yelling a warning at the
other guy that I was on my way down and might pose a threat of
inadvertent collision but they thought there was no way I could actually
go that far off course, seriously underestimating my incompetence.)

I don't think I'm a monster and I assume the guy I ran into wasn't
either. I doubt it occurred to either of us that someone could be
seriously injured at low speed on the kiddy hill. Maybe Paltrow had the
same thought process.

--
Rhino

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<8t962ih04serbqllk0vukojebtk7pmr664@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180311&group=rec.arts.tv#180311

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 13:48:24 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 17:48 UTC

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 12:09:33 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>On 2023-03-28 4:51 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 23:18:18 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> So basically, she turned him into me
>>>

>> Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?
>>
>>> and that Paltrow “got up, turned and skied away,” leaving him
>>
>> I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
>> Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
>> involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
>> position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
>> wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.
>>
>The first time I went skiing, I was the only one on the hill, except for
>one other guy who was nearly at the bottom of the hill and on the
>opposite side. The friends I'd gone with, who were all experienced
>skiers, shouted advice at me all the way down but, as usual, I was
>pretty inept at a new physical activity. So inept, it turns out, that I
>ended up running into the only other guy on the hill. We both went down,
>we both got up and went our merry ways. I don't remember asking him if
>he was okay and I don't remember him asking me if I was okay: we just
>took it as one of those things that happens on the beginner hill. (My
>friends told me later that they'd considered yelling a warning at the
>other guy that I was on my way down and might pose a threat of
>inadvertent collision but they thought there was no way I could actually
>go that far off course, seriously underestimating my incompetence.)

You sound like me when trying something new. Never tried skiing but
I'm sure I could equal your accomplishment.

>I don't think I'm a monster and I assume the guy I ran into wasn't
>either. I doubt it occurred to either of us that someone could be
>seriously injured at low speed on the kiddy hill. Maybe Paltrow had the
>same thought process.

Sure, if you can both get up and ski away then I would assume nothing
serious happened. If someone feels they need to bring a lawsuit
against the person that ran into them then I would also figure they
didn't just get up and ski away. Sure, that's some assumptions on my
part but it seems reasonable that the guy was more seriously hurt if
he's bringing a law suit (or it's a frivolous law suit.)

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<bPydnSKLo9XAtL75nZ2dnZfqnPsAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180314&group=rec.arts.tv#180314

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 17:52:29 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 17:52 UTC

On Mar 28, 2023 at 1:51:14 AM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 23:18:18 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Gwyneth Paltrow, who is testifying in a trial in which a retired
>>> optometrist
>>> is suing her for allegedly crashing into him on a ski slope, was mocked
>>> for a
>>> statement she made about any loss she suffered from the accident.
>>>
>>> Paltrow was sued by retired optometrist Terry Sanderson in 2019; he alleged
>>> she plowed into him on Flagstaff Mountain, part of the Deer Valley Resort
>>> near Park City on a beginner’s course called the Bandana Run. Sanderson
>>> claimed he suffered a “permanent traumatic brain injury, four broken ribs,
>>> pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress and
>>> disfigurement,”
>>
>> So basically, she turned him into me
>>

> Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?
>
>> and that Paltrow “got up, turned and skied away,” leaving him
>>> “stunned, lying in the snow, seriously injured” without calling for help.
>
> I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
> Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
> involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
> position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
> wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.

Halle Berry was there with Paltrow and gave her post-crash advice.

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<tvv9mj$3ric4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180316&group=rec.arts.tv#180316

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 13:55:31 -0400
References: <1665174961.701503906.829382.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tvs39j$37d7d$3@dont-email.me> <628293013.701625902.856936.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <HFmdnUQCfLaGvb_5nZ2dnZfqn_cAAAAA@giganews.com> <506431606.701656201.400960.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <9da52itq2dnrh1af6sgq1u77qep2upm0sg@4ax.com> <tvv3ft$3prtu$2@dont-email.me> <8t962ih04serbqllk0vukojebtk7pmr664@4ax.com>
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 17:55 UTC

nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?

>>> I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
>>> Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
>>> involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
>>> position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
>>> wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.
>>>
>>The first time I went skiing, I was the only one on the hill, except for
>>one other guy who was nearly at the bottom of the hill and on the
>>opposite side. The friends I'd gone with, who were all experienced
>>skiers, shouted advice at me all the way down but, as usual, I was
>>pretty inept at a new physical activity. So inept, it turns out, that I
>>ended up running into the only other guy on the hill. We both went down,
>>we both got up and went our merry ways. I don't remember asking him if
>>he was okay and I don't remember him asking me if I was okay: we just
>>took it as one of those things that happens on the beginner hill. (My
>>friends told me later that they'd considered yelling a warning at the
>>other guy that I was on my way down and might pose a threat of
>>inadvertent collision but they thought there was no way I could actually
>>go that far off course, seriously underestimating my incompetence.)
>
>You sound like me when trying something new. Never tried skiing but
>I'm sure I could equal your accomplishment.
>
>>I don't think I'm a monster and I assume the guy I ran into wasn't
>>either. I doubt it occurred to either of us that someone could be
>>seriously injured at low speed on the kiddy hill. Maybe Paltrow had the
>>same thought process.
>
>Sure, if you can both get up and ski away then I would assume nothing
>serious happened. If someone feels they need to bring a lawsuit
>against the person that ran into them then I would also figure they
>didn't just get up and ski away. Sure, that's some assumptions on my
>part but it seems reasonable that the guy was more seriously hurt if
>he's bringing a law suit (or it's a frivolous law suit.)

The original article states the man she crashed into didn't get up.
She just left the scene.

Sanderson�s attorney, Lawrence Buhler, said that after the collision,
his client was left �facedown in the snow, unconscious,� according to
The Washington Post. After the crash, Paltrow allegedly fled, leaving
Sanderson �stunned, lying in the snow, seriously injured,� according
to his lawsuit.

--
Let's go Berandon!

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<c0c9ad78-bdc9-4157-90ee-da1d8bf59888n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180338&group=rec.arts.tv#180338

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 12:18:59 -0700 (PDT)
getting in her way
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 19:18 UTC

> Rhino
>
> Maybe Paltrow had the same thought process.

Gwyneth Paltrow
Thought process

Pick one and only one...

https://i.postimg.cc/43tLCGKJ/limes.jpg

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<1937254214.701724560.463081.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180341&group=rec.arts.tv#180341

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
for getting in her way
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 12:41:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 19:41 UTC

> On 2023-03-28 4:51 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 23:18:18 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> So basically, she turned him into me
>>>

>> Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?
>>
>>> and that Paltrow “got up, turned and skied away,” leaving him
>>
>> I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
>> Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
>> involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
>> position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
>> wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.
>>
> The first time I went skiing, I was the only one on the hill, except for
> one other guy who was nearly at the bottom of the hill and on the
> opposite side. The friends I'd gone with, who were all experienced
> skiers, shouted advice at me all the way down but, as usual, I was
> pretty inept at a new physical activity. So inept, it turns out, that I
> ended up running into the only other guy on the hill. We both went down,
> we both got up and went our merry ways. I don't remember asking him if
> he was okay and I don't remember him asking me if I was okay: we just
> took it as one of those things that happens on the beginner hill. (My
> friends told me later that they'd considered yelling a warning at the
> other guy that I was on my way down and might pose a threat of
> inadvertent collision but they thought there was no way I could actually
> go that far off course, seriously underestimating my incompetence.)
>
> I don't think I'm a monster and I assume the guy I ran into wasn't
> either. I doubt it occurred to either of us that someone could be
> seriously injured at low speed on the kiddy hill. Maybe Paltrow had the
> same thought process.

Paltrow having any thought process assumes facts not in evidence.

If the guy had four broken ribs, I doubt he just got back up by himself.
Would you have left the other skier laying in the snow?

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<1432002531.701724648.593136.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180342&group=rec.arts.tv#180342

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
for getting in her way
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 12:41:26 -0700

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2023 at 1:51:14 AM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 23:18:18 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> optometrist
>>> for a

>>> So basically, she turned him into me
>>>

>> Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?
>>
>>> and that Paltrow “got up, turned and skied away,” leaving him
>>
>> I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
>> Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
>> involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
>> position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
>> wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.
>
> Halle Berry was there with Paltrow and gave her post-crash advice.

Hee hee

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<280320231611305773%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180350&group=rec.arts.tv#180350

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <1665174961.701503906.829382.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tvs39j$37d7d$3@dont-email.me> <628293013.701625902.856936.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <HFmdnUQCfLaGvb_5nZ2dnZfqn_cAAAAA@giganews.com> <506431606.701656201.400960.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <9da52itq2dnrh1af6sgq1u77qep2upm0sg@4ax.com> <tvv3ft$3prtu$2@dont-email.me> <1937254214.701724560.463081.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 16:11:30 -0400
 by: A Friend - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 20:11 UTC

In article
<1937254214.701724560.463081.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> If the guy had four broken ribs, I doubt he just got back up by himself.

I don't know. I've been seriously injured but managed to get far
enough away from the site to feel safe. Shock can be a wonderful
thing.

> Would you have left the other skier laying in the snow?

Hell no. You make sure the other party is all right, even if you think
they're at fault. If the other party is not all right, you call for
aid or make sure that someone else has. That's just common decency.

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<tvvids$2mtj1$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180352&group=rec.arts.tv#180352

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
getting in her way
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 13:24:27 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 20:24 UTC

On 3/28/2023 10:48 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 12:09:33 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-03-28 4:51 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?

>>> I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
>>> Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
>>> involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
>>> position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
>>> wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.
>>>
>> The first time I went skiing, I was the only one on the hill, except for
>> one other guy who was nearly at the bottom of the hill and on the
>> opposite side. The friends I'd gone with, who were all experienced
>> skiers, shouted advice at me all the way down but, as usual, I was
>> pretty inept at a new physical activity. So inept, it turns out, that I
>> ended up running into the only other guy on the hill. We both went down,
>> we both got up and went our merry ways. I don't remember asking him if
>> he was okay and I don't remember him asking me if I was okay: we just
>> took it as one of those things that happens on the beginner hill. (My
>> friends told me later that they'd considered yelling a warning at the
>> other guy that I was on my way down and might pose a threat of
>> inadvertent collision but they thought there was no way I could actually
>> go that far off course, seriously underestimating my incompetence.)
>
> You sound like me when trying something new. Never tried skiing but
> I'm sure I could equal your accomplishment.
>
>> I don't think I'm a monster and I assume the guy I ran into wasn't
>> either. I doubt it occurred to either of us that someone could be
>> seriously injured at low speed on the kiddy hill. Maybe Paltrow had the
>> same thought process.
>
> Sure, if you can both get up and ski away then I would assume nothing
> serious happened. If someone feels they need to bring a lawsuit
> against the person that ran into them then I would also figure they
> didn't just get up and ski away. Sure, that's some assumptions on my
> part but it seems reasonable that the guy was more seriously hurt if
> he's bringing a law suit (or it's a frivolous law suit.)

Her testimony is that he came up behind here. It's his responsibility to
not run into her as much as he's able to. Including falling down himself
to avoid hitting another person.

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<tvvlbn$3tbmr$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180364&group=rec.arts.tv#180364

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
getting in her way
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 14:14:33 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 21:14 UTC

On 3/28/2023 1:11 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <1937254214.701724560.463081.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> If the guy had four broken ribs, I doubt he just got back up by himself.
>

> I don't know. I've been seriously injured but managed to get far
> enough away from the site to feel safe. Shock can be a wonderful
> thing.
>

>> Would you have left the other skier laying in the snow?
>

> Hell no. You make sure the other party is all right, even if you think
> they're at fault. If the other party is not all right, you call for
> aid or make sure that someone else has. That's just common decency.

Decency stopped being "common" some time ago.

dirty old man.

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<tvvnm3$3prtu$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180370&group=rec.arts.tv#180370

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
getting in her way
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 17:54:10 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 21:54 UTC

On 2023-03-28 3:41 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-03-28 4:51 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> Did she also find him a pharmacy girl or did he already have one?

>>> I don't know why anyone would just ski away from such an accident.
>>> Maybe if they were an unknown person and wanted to avoid getting
>>> involved in any sort of accident report, but Paltrow isn't in that
>>> position. Whether she was responsible or if he was responsible I
>>> wouldn't expect either party to just ski away if one was hurt.
>>>
>> The first time I went skiing, I was the only one on the hill, except for
>> one other guy who was nearly at the bottom of the hill and on the
>> opposite side. The friends I'd gone with, who were all experienced
>> skiers, shouted advice at me all the way down but, as usual, I was
>> pretty inept at a new physical activity. So inept, it turns out, that I
>> ended up running into the only other guy on the hill. We both went down,
>> we both got up and went our merry ways. I don't remember asking him if
>> he was okay and I don't remember him asking me if I was okay: we just
>> took it as one of those things that happens on the beginner hill. (My
>> friends told me later that they'd considered yelling a warning at the
>> other guy that I was on my way down and might pose a threat of
>> inadvertent collision but they thought there was no way I could actually
>> go that far off course, seriously underestimating my incompetence.)
>>
>> I don't think I'm a monster and I assume the guy I ran into wasn't
>> either. I doubt it occurred to either of us that someone could be
>> seriously injured at low speed on the kiddy hill. Maybe Paltrow had the
>> same thought process.
>>

> Paltrow having any thought process assumes facts not in evidence.
>
> If the guy had four broken ribs, I doubt he just got back up by himself.
> Would you have left the other skier laying in the snow?

No, of course not. I haven't been following this trial and haven't heard
anyone's testimony. I thought perhaps his symptoms all manifested
themselves after she'd left and after he'd realized who she was and how
much money she had. If he's got any witnesses that he was down and
didn't get up while she was still present, he'll have a stronger case
than if there are no witnesses and it's effectively a "he said, she
said". (Dozens of people nearby doesn't help much if none of them were
paying attention and there is no camera footage.)

--
Rhino

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<tvvo83$3prtu$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180373&group=rec.arts.tv#180373

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
getting in her way
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 18:03:46 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 22:03 UTC

On 2023-03-28 4:11 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <1937254214.701724560.463081.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> If the guy had four broken ribs, I doubt he just got back up by himself.
>

> I don't know. I've been seriously injured but managed to get far
> enough away from the site to feel safe. Shock can be a wonderful
> thing.

I can testify to that from something that happened to a friend. A bunch
of us were out horseback riding at a place that offers that. My friend
Gary's wife Catherine, who is legally blind, was startled by a branch
unexpectedly hitting here and started to lose her balance. Her husband
Gary saw her starting to fall and dove to catch her but she caught
herself and he fell to the ground. Gary was in his 70s at the time and
hit pretty hard. He got back up though and the group of us kept going
but when the ride was over, he admitted to being somewhat sore. I
offered to drive his car back with him and Catherine as passengers - I
was the only licensed driver in the group who hadn't driven a vehicle to
this excursion - but Gary REALLY hates to be in a car with anyone else
driving and said he was okay to drive so he drove his own car back to
town. By the time they were back in town - 45 minutes later - he was
really hurting and they stopped at the hospital. The X-Ray showed 13
cracked ribs!!! He spend the next several weeks in bed and made a full
recovery. When we were at the ranch we had no way of knowing he was
nearly that badly hurt. I'm not sure if he really had no idea or if he
was just really determined to drive his own car home ;-)

>> Would you have left the other skier laying in the snow?
>

> Hell no. You make sure the other party is all right, even if you think
> they're at fault. If the other party is not all right, you call for
> aid or make sure that someone else has. That's just common decency.

--
Rhino

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<1627498995.701739663.373429.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180384&group=rec.arts.tv#180384

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
for getting in her way
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 16:43:09 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 23:43 UTC

> On 2023-03-28 4:11 PM, A Friend wrote:
>> In article
>> <1937254214.701724560.463081.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> If the guy had four broken ribs, I doubt he just got back up by himself.
>>

>> I don't know. I've been seriously injured but managed to get far
>> enough away from the site to feel safe. Shock can be a wonderful
>> thing.
>>
> I can testify to that from something that happened to a friend. A bunch
> of us were out horseback riding at a place that offers that. My friend
> Gary's wife Catherine, who is legally blind, was startled by a branch
> unexpectedly hitting here and started to lose her balance. Her husband
> Gary saw her starting to fall and dove to catch her but she caught
> herself and he fell to the ground. Gary was in his 70s at the time and
> hit pretty hard. He got back up though and the group of us kept going
> but when the ride was over, he admitted to being somewhat sore. I
> offered to drive his car back with him and Catherine as passengers - I
> was the only licensed driver in the group who hadn't driven a vehicle to
> this excursion - but Gary REALLY hates to be in a car with anyone else
> driving and said he was okay to drive so he drove his own car back to
> town. By the time they were back in town - 45 minutes later - he was
> really hurting and they stopped at the hospital. The X-Ray showed 13
> cracked ribs!!! He spend the next several weeks in bed and made a full
> recovery. When we were at the ranch we had no way of knowing he was
> nearly that badly hurt. I'm not sure if he really had no idea or if he
> was just really determined to drive his own car home ;-)

Owwwww

>>> Would you have left the other skier laying in the snow?
>>

>> Hell no. You make sure the other party is all right, even if you think
>> they're at fault. If the other party is not all right, you call for
>> aid or make sure that someone else has. That's just common decency.

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<876397126.701739685.030688.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180385&group=rec.arts.tv#180385

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
for getting in her way
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 16:43:10 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 23:43 UTC

> On 2023-03-28 3:41 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> The first time I went skiing, I was the only one on the hill, except for
>>> one other guy who was nearly at the bottom of the hill and on the
>>> opposite side. The friends I'd gone with, who were all experienced
>>> skiers, shouted advice at me all the way down but, as usual, I was
>>> pretty inept at a new physical activity. So inept, it turns out, that I
>>> ended up running into the only other guy on the hill. We both went down,
>>> we both got up and went our merry ways. I don't remember asking him if
>>> he was okay and I don't remember him asking me if I was okay: we just
>>> took it as one of those things that happens on the beginner hill. (My
>>> friends told me later that they'd considered yelling a warning at the
>>> other guy that I was on my way down and might pose a threat of
>>> inadvertent collision but they thought there was no way I could actually
>>> go that far off course, seriously underestimating my incompetence.)
>>>
>>> I don't think I'm a monster and I assume the guy I ran into wasn't
>>> either. I doubt it occurred to either of us that someone could be
>>> seriously injured at low speed on the kiddy hill. Maybe Paltrow had the
>>> same thought process.
>>>

>> Paltrow having any thought process assumes facts not in evidence.
>>
>> If the guy had four broken ribs, I doubt he just got back up by himself.
>> Would you have left the other skier laying in the snow?
>>
> No, of course not. I haven't been following this trial and haven't heard
> anyone's testimony. I thought perhaps his symptoms all manifested
> themselves after she'd left and after he'd realized who she was and how
> much money she had. If he's got any witnesses that he was down and
> didn't get up while she was still present, he'll have a stronger case

He does. They’ve got at least one guy saying he was. He face planted in the
snow and didn’t move again. But the news coverage on all of this is so bad
that it’s impossible to tell what quotes are actual testimony in court.

> than if there are no witnesses and it's effectively a "he said, she
> said". (Dozens of people nearby doesn't help much if none of them were
> paying attention and there is no camera footage.)

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<u018k6$8ipc$12@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180428&group=rec.arts.tv#180428

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 07:49:25 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 11:49 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

> Halle Berry was there with Paltrow and gave her post-crash advice.

Was the advice about Disney rides?

https://youtu.be/_Q_MfeFZUMU

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow crashes into man, cripples him, sues him for getting in her way

<1636449394.701788479.756479.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180436&group=rec.arts.tv#180436

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
for getting in her way
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 06:18:08 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 13:18 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> atropos@mac.com wrote:
>
>> Halle Berry was there with Paltrow and gave her post-crash advice.
>
> Was the advice about Disney rides?
>
> https://youtu.be/_Q_MfeFZUMU

That’s actually what BTR is talking about. Berry has a history of causing
accidents and leaving the scene and the cops find her in the nearest bar
and they can’t do a breathalyzer because she’s obviously been drinking but
she can claim she didn’t start until after the accident.