From: arspitz...@gmail.com (Arthur Spitzer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #298: Vertical Plain #2
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 21:13:22 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
d=1e100.net; s=20221208; t=1692566000; x=1693170800;
h=to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id:mime-version:user-agent
:nntp-posting-host:injection-info:date:newsgroups:path
:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=M3XcwZe5T52MlHRS4rZvqq8GJyZWM8g2GDlcpzyTuMY=;
b=MIUXWIJ2EnSPtSzYgxSAss9ZaFwSc2GiGpiJSotznpfm7OivpXCHhPu4Nph5Sf4w1t
lXp01JnYmO1peqflz5her1DDuAYf0b8r9vnlWWfI+y/phIdecNQ9/kAkW3k0I3wsWSPd
oTR1lM6Hhem9Jz61oz1PDPHL6GG5ejQUx1q5uJNi+wW2XhBPbPGtcTfjNiV5e6VtrVhk
+txY8CJFn7Nub/7/P4IbDADTlj1YfXmtkpGAC2G0DwF0Rc7A9gBFoaIo1nDLRmNUb7Hm
GfF/z8Do6LB2PMroOiLWBy7j7ZmkzO9W9xOC/FpUW5ef3i9y7++aH3o7n8krxdXwNTVW
9/rA==
 by: Arthur Spitzer - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 21:13 UTC

And we're back in the past and can check the eyrie archive
once again.

And here's where you can find The Vertical Plain Mini:

https://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/Miniseries/Vertical.Plain/

And another Integrity Questers Miniseries!

And it's the Vertical Plain #2 by Stephane "Kid Anarky" Savoie! Can
Kid Anarky be both in court and in various LNH stories that are probably
somewhere else on the whole LNH Timeline?! Will Kid Anarky promote the
NEW LNH Cereal?! Will some really polite terrorists rescue Kid Anarky
from his predicament?! And is it time for some Ominously Shadowey Figure
to watch all of this on some mysterious monitor somewhere while silently
thinking the word, Soon?!!!

Find out in...

_
| | Classic
| | =
| | ____ ____ _ ____ ___
| |__ | [] | | [] | | | | [] | | _ \

|____| \__] \__ | |_| \__/ |_|\_\
|_| OF NET.HEROES

ADVENTURES #298

=====================
Vertical Plain #2
=====================

BY: STEPHANE SAVOIE

"Now what?"
{Cover shows what appears to be a large jar holding a Kid
Anarky with no bones. This is positioned on a chair next to
judge turned to it with a word baloon from his mouth which reads
'How do you plead?'. Simutaneously, some very Liefeld-esque
figues are smashing through a wall in the background, led by a
man with glowing nose and a gun larger than he is.}

"Sorry I'm late." said Kid Anarky, entering the office of his
justly-appointed representative.
"Late? LATE? Good lord, man, you were summoned to court, oh,
at least _ten_ issues ago!" said his lawer, Mr. Snodgrass.
"Well, look, I'm sorry. What else can I say? I was saving
the universe again.
Look, all I wanna know is what this is all about, okay?" said
Kid Anarky, taking a seat in one of the thickly padded leather
victorian chairs.
"I had thought the summoning had made it painfully clear:
your wife and children are suing you for negligence, and failure
to devote some angst-time on their behalfs. I seems simple
enough to me." explained the lawyer to KA as if he were something
he might clean out from underneath sink (although he had never
looked there himself. What else were servants for?).
"Well, there is one minor problem with this." KA tried to
explain.
"I really can't see what _that_ could be. It all seems
legally in order. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have another
appointment. Your court date is set for today at 3:00 PM.
Do _try_ to show up." expounded the lawer as he pressed a button.

Seconds later, two burly guards showed up the excort KA out.
"But... but... but... but..." stuttered our hero as he was
properly kicked out of the building.
"Gosh. You'd think my own lawer would treat me better.
Of course, it's not as if I can afford a real lawer. I didn't
bring any funds with me." pondered Kid Anarky.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
----Back at LNHQ-----
Getting back to the HQ, he noticed something was amiss.
"Something is amiss." he thought to himself.
"What is it? Hmmm...." Kid Anarky stood there thinking long
and hard, staring at the pile of rubble which had been the
Legion's Headquarters.
Several minutes later he came to a startling conclusion:
"Must just be my imagination." he said to himself wandering off
to wait for his court appointment, hoping he would be able to get
to the bottom of this mystery which was his life...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

"Do you, a Mr. Kid Anarky swear to tell the truth, the whole
truth, and nothing _but_ the truth." grumbled the elderly judge.
"I do." said Kid Anarky, trying to spot his "dearly beloved"
and offspring in the courtroom.
"Very good. Be seated." muttered Judge Whopper.
"Kid Anarky..." The amazement was quite obvious on the
judge's face as KA suddenly disappeared to take part in Lost
Cause Boy Special #1.

---A SHORT TIME LATER------
The courtroom was getting bored. The sudden and inexplicable
disappearance of Kid Anarky had kind-of put a damper on the mood.
Suddenly, with a flash, KA reappeared.
Well, it might have been him.
It was rather hard to tell. What had at some point probably
been a human figure had been pulverized almost beyond
recognition. The only real identifying feature was his familiar
black, grey, and blue costume.
"Ah. You're back." said the Judge. "Well, we'll now resume.
I have to say that your sudden disappearance doesn't add to my
faith in your responsability, Mr. Anarky."
"glup" said the pulverized mass which might or might not have
been KA.
"Well, Mr. Anarky, if that is in fact your real name..."
started the procecuting attorney, when suddenly the doors to the
courtroom slammed open, many reporters
pouring throught the open doors, armed with those cameras with
the rediculously large bulbs on top and fedoras mwith a card
marked 'press' on it.
"Kid Anarky, is it true you're been accused of negligence?"
"Have you ever been married before?"
"Did you approve of these new action figures?"
"Have you ever considered show business?"
"Are you going to promote the new LNH Cereal?"
"Have you ever been captured by aliens, met Elvis, or gained
and lost lots of weight?"
Kid Anarky didn't say much, seeing as how he was held
immobile by the portable med-unit he had been poured into.
"Out. Out! OUT!" screamed Judge Whopper, creating very
artistic if structurally unsound fracture marks as he pounded his
mallet onto his desk. The security guards present quickly pushed
all the reporters out of the room.
"You can do this!", "We have rights!", "Ever heard of
Freedom of the Press?!". The sound of the yelling reporters were
rapidly muffled as the doors were closed and sealed.

"Now, shall we continue?" said Whopper looking increasingly
annoyed.
"Yes, your honor. Mr. Anarky here is what is s commonly
known as a "Super Hero" and is a member of the..." the
prosecuting attorney quickley glanced at his notes, "the so-
called 'Legion of Net.Heroes'. Despite this..." the lawyer was
suddenly interupted, as an explosion was heard.
Immedeatly following this explosion, another explosion was
heard, this one quite louder as it was occuring in the room of
the trial itself. This was also represented by the large hole
which had suddenly appeared in the wall and rain of debris.
Quickly, large costumed figures entered the room. Their
fanboy-squiggle-filled artstyle contrasting wildly with the
somber atmosphere of the courtroom.
"Nobody move! Freeze! We are... The Save the Mutants
Foundation!" said a figure with a flashing nose. He had a
crescent-moon-shaped tattoo across his face, and was carrying a
gun larger than he was (and he was biiiiiig...) "Kid Anarky!
We've come to rescue you!"
"But..." muttered the barely concious Kid Anarky...
"Worry not if you do not recognize me, for we have never
met. I am TELEGRAM!! and I and my band of mutant follower have
vowed to aid any oppressed mutants!" declared the figure.
"but..." said KA, his bone-structure now nearly rebuilt be
the med-unit.
"For, the forces of the humans, who can never accept us into
their society, shall not stop us from our goal of..." continued
Telegram...
"Wait!" said KA.
"What is it? How can we impress our cause onto the human if
I am not allowed to finish my monologue?" said Telegram,
tapping his foot impatiently.
"I'm not a mutant." said Kid Anarky.
"What? But... but... DICE!" stammered Telegram.
"Oooops." said a female with white skin and six large black
dots on her face.
"Well, that's alright," commented KA. "Now, if you could be
so kind as to undo these bonds..." KA pointed at the leather
straps holding him down.
"Sorry. If you're not a mutant, that wouldn't serve
anything. What's the point." explained Telegram. Turning to the
Judge, he said "Ever so sorry. Really. My deapest regrets. I
hope you can take it upon yourself somewhere in your heart to
forgive me. You really have no idea how sorry I am. Here, let
me give you a phone number, you can call to bill the wall on..."
After Telegram had given the Judge his business card, he
quickly left , bringing his disappointed followers (Bowling-Ball,
Warpaint, Gar-Feral, and Batter-Score) with him.
"What a very polite terrorist. How unusual. Hmmm.
Well, shall we continue?" said the Judge.
"Ummm.... yes. Oh yes. Yes indeed.
Mr. Anarky, you claim that..." suddenly the lawyer was
interupted by the unexpected and explicable total destruction of
the wall just opposite the the one just destroyed by the Save the
Mutant Foundation.
The reason for it's being so explicable was that it was very
obvious to see that a person had smashed through it. This figure
was wearing a yellow spandex costume with a blue cape, underwear,
and boots. He wore no mask, only a pair of very nerdy glasses,
and had a large blue and red 'U' on his chest.
"Fear not, for UltraDude is here!" shouted the strangely clad
character.
"Cease and desist, vile villians, for..." the person suddenly
stopped and looked around, looking very confused.
The assembled mass of people in the courtroom's collective
jaws all dropped to the ground.
"Um, excuse me, could I help you?" said Kid Anarky.
"Errr, yes. You wouldn't happen to have seen a large group
of mutie villains have come through here, would you?" said
UltraDude.
"Why, yes. They just left through that wall." explained KA,
indicating the aforementionned wall with his head.
"Thank you, citizen! You're help has been much appreciated!"
said UD, flying off toward the ceiling.
"Well, no problem. Would you possibly mind" started KA, as
he saw UltraDude crash through the ceiling, leaving as abruptly
as he had appeared. "setting me free..." he trailed off...

Click here to read the complete article