Your step will soil many countries.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Now

SubjectAuthor
* This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowBTR1701
+* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowanim8rfsk
|`* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowBTR1701
| +* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowshawn
| |+- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowBTR1701
| |`- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowanim8rfsk
| +- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowanim8rfsk
| `- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowtrotsky
+- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowEGK
+* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowUbiquitous
|`* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowanim8rfsk
| `- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowUbiquitous
`* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowRhino2
 `* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowshawn
  `* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowanim8rfsk
   +- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowDimensional Traveler
   `* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowUbiquitous
    `* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowanim8rfsk
     +* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowshawn
     |+* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowDimensional Traveler
     ||+* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowshawn
     |||`- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowUbiquitous
     ||`* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowanim8rfsk
     || `* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowUbiquitous
     ||  `* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowanim8rfsk
     ||   +- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowsuzeeq
     ||   `- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowUbiquitous
     |`* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowanim8rfsk
     | `* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowUbiquitous
     |  `* Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowanim8rfsk
     |   +- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowDimensional Traveler
     |   `- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Nowsuzeeq
     `- Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like NowUbiquitous

Pages:12
Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Now

<u2gbj6$2djn3$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183941&group=rec.arts.tv#183941

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Now
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Assuming you are being serious and talking about one of their stores I
>>> thought those were self-checkout only. So there's no need to put
>>> anything behind extra glass since you can't get out without going
>>> through the self-checkout.
>>
>> Walking thru self-checkout doesn't necessarily mean _paying_ in
>> self-checkout....
>
>I've never seen the self check out stand that worked. At the grocery store,
>they have all, but one of the cash registers closed, and all the cashiers
>work self check out. Because self check out doesn't work without a cashier.

The only time I ever had trouble with a self-checkout register was when I
purchased adult beverages or it wouldn't accept a coupon that clearly was
valid, and that's pretty rare.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Now

<1902417089.704387227.644123.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183959&group=rec.arts.tv#183959

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:09:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:09 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Walking thru self-checkout doesn't necessarily mean _paying_ in
>>> self-checkout....
>>
>> I've never seen the self check out stand that worked. At the grocery store,
>> they have all, but one of the cash registers closed, and all the cashiers
>> work self check out. Because self check out doesn't work without a cashier.
>
> The only time I ever had trouble with a self-checkout register was when I
> purchased adult beverages or it wouldn't accept a coupon that clearly was
> valid, and that's pretty rare.

Ours scream, constantly, usually “unexpected item in the bagging area” even
before you’ve used it and needing a reset. A cashier always has to be
standing there to clear it.

Also, it makes you type in the names of fruits and vegetables, and nobody
can ever spell avocado. And even if you do spell avocado, it doesn’t know
what size you got, and you’re back to needing the cashier.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Now

<u2gq1f$39q9$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183965&group=rec.arts.tv#183965

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:51:11 -0700
<apml4idrhgcl22qfpv2hq7fnfdkr0o6i3l@4ax.com> <u2eqda$23cqe$2@dont-email.me>
<1559908611.704354463.043834.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<u2gbj6$2djn3$8@dont-email.me>
<1902417089.704387227.644123.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:51 UTC

On 4/28/2023 8:09 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> I've never seen the self check out stand that worked. At the grocery store,
>>> they have all, but one of the cash registers closed, and all the cashiers
>>> work self check out. Because self check out doesn't work without a cashier.
>>
>> The only time I ever had trouble with a self-checkout register was when I
>> purchased adult beverages or it wouldn't accept a coupon that clearly was
>> valid, and that's pretty rare.
>
> Ours scream, constantly, usually “unexpected item in the bagging area” even
> before you’ve used it and needing a reset. A cashier always has to be
> standing there to clear it.
>
> Also, it makes you type in the names of fruits and vegetables, and nobody
> can ever spell avocado. And even if you do spell avocado, it doesn’t know
> what size you got, and you’re back to needing the cashier.

Don't yours have alphabetized pictures on the screen?

Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Now

<u2gv13$2h548$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183974&group=rec.arts.tv#183974

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 13:16:19 -0400
<u2gbj6$2djn3$8@dont-email.me> <1902417089.704387227.644123.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 17:16 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> I've never seen the self check out stand that worked. At the grocery store,
>>> they have all, but one of the cash registers closed, and all the cashiers
>>> work self check out. Because self check out doesn't work without a cashier.
>>
>> The only time I ever had trouble with a self-checkout register was when I
>> purchased adult beverages or it wouldn't accept a coupon that clearly was
>> valid, and that's pretty rare.
>
>Ours scream, constantly, usually “unexpected item in the bagging area” even
>before you've used it and needing a reset. A cashier always has to be
>standing there to clear it.
>
>Also, it makes you type in the names of fruits and vegetables, and nobody
>can ever spell avocado. And even if you do spell avocado, it doesn't know
>what size you got, and you're back to needing the cashier.

Jebus! What kind of Mickey Mouse operation is your store running?

Scan the sticker on the fruit or clikc the picture or let the autofill guess it
and then let the register weigh it.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Now

<u2gv47$2h548$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183975&group=rec.arts.tv#183975

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 13:17:58 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 17:17 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Putting all their product behind glass. Have you shopped at Amazon lately?
>>
>> Assuming you are being serious and talking about one of their stores I
>> thought those were self-checkout only. So there's no need to put
>> anything behind extra glass since you can't get out without going
>> through the self-checkout.
>
> I am talking about my iPhone, and all the Amazon products being behind the
> glass screen. :-)

That ain't glass on your smartie phone.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Now

<27532969.704401669.882987.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183989&group=rec.arts.tv#183989

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 12:09:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 19:09 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Assuming you are being serious and talking about one of their stores I
>>> thought those were self-checkout only. So there's no need to put
>>> anything behind extra glass since you can't get out without going
>>> through the self-checkout.
>>
>> I am talking about my iPhone, and all the Amazon products being behind the
>> glass screen. :-)
>
> That ain't glass on your smartie phone.

How would you know?

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Now

<u2h666$2ibf3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183991&group=rec.arts.tv#183991

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 12:18:32 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 19:18 UTC

On 4/28/2023 12:09 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> I am talking about my iPhone, and all the Amazon products being behind the
>>> glass screen. :-)
>>
>> That ain't glass on your smartie phone.
>
> How would you know?

Because it would have broken and sliced your wrist open by now if it
was. :P

dirty old man.

Re: This is What a San Francisco Target Store Looks Like Now

<u2h683$3shvt$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183992&group=rec.arts.tv#183992

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 12:19:31 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 19:19 UTC

On 4/28/2023 12:09 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> I am talking about my iPhone, and all the Amazon products being behind the
>>> glass screen. :-)
>>
>> That ain't glass on your smartie phone.
>
> How would you know?
>

>> --