arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

SubjectAuthor
* ATLAS SHRUGGEDMichael Pendragon
+* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDEdward Rochester Esq.
+* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDjdcha...@gmail.com
|+* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDjdcha...@gmail.com
||+* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDMichael Pendragon
|||`* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDW-Dockery
||| `* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDMichael Pendragon
|||  `- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDW.Dockery
||+- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDGeneral-Zod
||`* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDW-Dockery
|| `- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDMichael Pendragon
|`* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDGeorge J. Dance
| `- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDWill Dockery
+* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDRobert Burrows
|`- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDW-Dockery
+* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDWill Dockery
|`* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDMichael Pendragon
| `- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDWill Dockery
+* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDW-Dockery
|+- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDMichael Pendragon
|`* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDAsh Wurthing
| +- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDW.Dockery
| +* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDZod
| |`* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDAsh Wurthing
| | `* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDZod
| |  `* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDAsh Wurthing
| |   +- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDGeneral-Zod
| |   `* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDW.Dockery
| |    `* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDGeorge Dance
| |     `* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDMichael Pendragon
| |      `- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDW-Dockery
| `- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDGeorge Dance
`* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDWill Dockery
 `* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDMichael Pendragon
  +- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDMichael Pendragon
  `* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDWill Dockery
   `* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDMichael Pendragon
    `* Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDWill Dockery
     `- Re: ATLAS SHRUGGEDMichael Pendragon

Pages:1234
Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<360ed3b4-35fa-4414-acc3-490c7195f04dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181006&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181006

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 13:47:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 21:47 UTC

On Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 4:21:04 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:
> On Friday, November 11, 2022 at 2:23:22 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > Clarks.
> >
> > https://www.facebook.com/groups/105463832836304/permalink/5646173148765317/
> >
> > I knew that I'd seen a photo of Clark's Deli somewhere around here. 🙂
> Cool, Clark's Deli was know across the land as the Rush Limbaugh local headquarters, listeners would gather, have coffee, and listen to and discuss his radio broadcasts there in the 1980s-1990s... bothe pro and con voices were heard there....
>
> https://mapio.net/images-p/15867492.jpg
>
> **** 40th Street 41st Street 42nd Street 2nd Avenue 3rd Avenue 1st Avenue Hemlock Drive Comer Street ****

As Gary Dunn wrote:

"Clark's Lunchroom and Deli was Rush Limbaugh's official "Rush Room" precinct for Columbus Georgia and he used to mention it on the air and say hello to his Columbus listeners there inside the special "Rush Room" section of the restaurant where people could eat lunch and listen to Rush's show over the speakers at the same time while exchanging laughs and camaraderie with each other over their digust for Hillary. LOL!"

Could explain why I didn't stop there so often.

🙂

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<e1492d553c4517117c729a36749b937a@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181029&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181029

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 01:42:18 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 01:42 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> "Ayn Rand is a Nazi!"

Not at all, Ayn Rand believed in creative freedom of the artist, while the Nazis obviously didn't.

HTH and HAND.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<95f57d32-e2e9-457c-a59d-a97301900575n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181043&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181043

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 19:45:00 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 03:45 UTC

On Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 10:38:01 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote:
> >
> > "Ayn Rand is a Nazi!"
> Not at all, Ayn Rand believed in creative freedom of the artist, while the Nazis obviously didn't.

You really only know that one A.R. quote, and are dead set on milking it to the bone.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<e6f1df3e-c54a-491d-9c9a-ea663422436cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181053&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181053

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:09:45 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 07:09 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 10:38:01 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> Michael Pendragon wrote:
>> >
>> > "Ayn Rand is a Nazi!"
>> Not at all, Ayn Rand believed in creative freedom of the artist, while the Nazis obviously didn't.

> You really only know that one A.R. quote

Not really.

🙂

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<8c511366-1475-4e6a-ba78-8f9685ee3b87n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181057&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181057

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:18:38 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 07:18 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:09:46 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote:

> >> Not at all, Ayn Rand believed in creative freedom of the artist, while the Nazis obviously didn't.
>
> > You really only know that one A.R. quote
> Not really.

You must have posted it at least two dozen times over the past 5 years.

And I've never seen you post any other A.R. quotes.

Do the math.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<f2d409ad-ac56-4d17-9895-171d6238756en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181058&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181058

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:19:28 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 07:19 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:18:39 AM UTC-5, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:09:46 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > You really only know that one A.R. quote
> > Not really.
> You must have posted it at least two dozen times over the past 5 years.
>
> And I've never seen you post any other A.R. quotes.
>
> Do the math.

Oh... right... you don't know how.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<3ff7692a-c62c-47d1-a314-b62622b23c08n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181060&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181060

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:21:17 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 07:21 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:18:39 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:09:46 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > You really only know that one A.R. quote
> > Not really.
> You must have posted it at least two dozen times over the past 5 years.
>
> And I've never seen you post any other A.R. quotes.

You either forgot or missed the posts, then.

🙂

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<c4e46527-bc11-4777-8646-b3d366cf9b72n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181064&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181064

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:24:41 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 07:24 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:21:18 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:18:39 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Not really.
> > You must have posted it at least two dozen times over the past 5 years.
> >
> > And I've never seen you post any other A.R. quotes.
> You either forgot or missed the posts, then.

Riiiiiiiight.

Had there been any such posts, a search for the quotes would have pulled them up immediately.

Donkey's playing Duckery again.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<0c835a4f-7edb-46a9-a105-7dc76ea12977n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181066&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181066

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:27:06 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 07:27 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:24:42 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:21:18 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > You must have posted it at least two dozen times over the past 5 years.
> > >
> > > And I've never seen you post any other A.R. quotes.
> > You either forgot or missed the posts, then.
> Riiiiiiiight.
>
> Had there been any such posts, a search for the quotes would have

You want me to repost the threads?

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<9b6e3d1e-10c0-4f0f-84e2-a2292c097f6dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181069&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181069

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:30:05 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 07:30 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:27:07 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:24:42 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > You either forgot or missed the posts, then.
> > Riiiiiiiight.
> >
> > Had there been any such posts, a search for the quotes would have
> You want me to repost the threads?

I want you to go away.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<6768abcc-3429-4f9f-bf69-2a3a43549aben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181070&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181070

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:35:36 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 07:35 UTC

On Friday, November 11, 2022 at 8:35:28 PM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> On 2022-11-10 11:39 a.m., jdcha...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > While I naturally and obviously(being a far left wing, liberal, Progressive activist) disagree vehemently with Rand in regard to finacial issues, there is some common ground that can be acknoledged in regard to social issues...
> >

> There are issues that libertarians and "liberal" Progressives can agree
> and cooperate on: free speech, opposition to wars, and legalization of
> pot are a few they have. Rand opposed such co-operation -- in fact, it's
> one of the things she and her followers have attacked libertarians for
> -- but she'd have agreed with the positions.
>

> > It may suprise some to know that Rand refused to vote for Reagan, due
> to his anti abortion stance... Rand was adamently Pro Choice...
> That's only surprising to those who don't understand that Rand's
> political positions were always derived from her philosophy. (She saw
> normative politics as a branch of moral philosophy or ethics.) Stem
> cells are not people, but at that point just a part of a woman's body;
> and outlawing all abortions at that point was just government telling
> women that "society" can dictate what they can do with their bodies.
> >
> >also agreed with her position in regard to the military draft, that it
> was wrong...
> >
> Of course. The idea that a government can tell anyone what career to
> follow repelled her. The fact that many people who complied with that
> career decision they didn't make were killed or permanently injured,
> only made it worse.
>
> But that's not a Communist position, is it? IIRC, the Soviet Union,
> Cuba, and communist China all have military drafts. I thought Communists
> only opposed the U.S. draft.
> >
> > and enjoyed "The Fountainhead" on a strictly plot oriented level
> >
> Glad to hear it. You might get into /AS/ -- I found it a page-turner,
> but then no one spoiled the plot for me.
> >
> > , but nevertheless, for the most part, find her ideas WAY too harsh
> and dogmatic and hateful and mean spirited... Her comments were often
> gratuitously nasty...
> >
> A lot of her nasty comments comments have been misinterpreted. For
> instance, her comments in /AS/ about "moochers" and "looters" was
> referring to governments and their corporate allies. Yet some leftist
> writers try to pretend she was talking about about the poor, the
> disabled, people of color, and the like.
> >
> > at best, she was a sui generes, over the top, somewhat fascinating,
> "character", Imo...
> >
> She was an enormously influential writer, and though her style was
> idiosyncratic, out of step for the times, a very good writer.

All politics aside, I now enjoy The Fountainhead as a story, I can relate to most of the characters.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<4e79ef97-c78b-471d-8242-84fb8280ba9en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181150&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181150

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 11:21:33 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:21 UTC

On Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 10:38:01 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote:
> >
> > "Ayn Rand is a Nazi!"
> Not at all, Ayn Rand believed in creative freedom of the artist, while the Nazis obviously didn't.

She only believed in her own creative freedom. I remember Dance telling me once how much of a bitch she could be about other's creative freedom...

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<49a3d08075edad6904709cb0cd4d456d@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181160&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181160

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:53:07 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:53 UTC

Ash Wurthing wrote:

> On Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 10:38:01 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> Michael Pendragon wrote:
>> >
>> > "Ayn Rand is a Nazi!"
>> Not at all, Ayn Rand believed in creative freedom of the artist, while the Nazis obviously didn't.

> She only believed in her own creative freedom. I remember Dance telling me once how much of a bitch she could be about other's creative freedom...

George Dance told you that?

In what context?

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<5d3eb0c7-44ae-40c5-a9fe-abfbbefc2296n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181184&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181184

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 13:18:17 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 21:18 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:21:34 PM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 10:38:01 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Michael Pendragon wrote:
> > >
> > > "Ayn Rand is a Nazi!"
> > Not at all, Ayn Rand believed in creative freedom of the artist, while the Nazis obviously didn't.
> She only believed in her own creative freedom

I do not think you are correct....

https://c4ss.org/content/23725

**************************** Ayn Rand regarded patents and copyrights as “the legal implementation of the base of all property rights: a man’s right to the product of his mind.”

"What the patent and copyright laws acknowledge is the paramount role of mental effort in the production of material values; these laws protect the mind’s contribution in its purest form: the origination of an idea. The subject of patents and copyrights is intellectual property. An idea as such cannot be protected until it has been given a material form. An invention has to be embodied in a physical model before it can be patented; a story has to be written or printed. But what the patent or copyright protects is not the physical object as such, but the idea which it embodies. By forbidding an unauthorized reproduction of the object, the law declares, in effect, that the physical labor of copying is not the source of the object’s value, that that value is created by the originator of the idea and may not be used without his consent; thus the law establishes the property right of a mind to that which it has brought into existence." --Ayn Rand **************************************************

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<737b21ef-1cc6-42da-9513-358fcd376f46n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181190&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181190

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 13:25:23 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 21:25 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 4:18:18 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:
> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:21:34 PM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:

> > > Not at all, Ayn Rand believed in creative freedom of the artist, while the Nazis obviously didn't.
> > She only believed in her own creative freedom
> I do not think you are correct....
>
> https://c4ss.org/content/23725
>
> **************************** Ayn Rand regarded patents and copyrights as “the legal implementation of the base of all property rights: a man’s right to the product of his mind.”
>
> "What the patent and copyright laws acknowledge is the paramount role of mental effort in the production of material values; these laws protect the mind’s contribution in its purest form: the origination of an idea. The subject of patents and copyrights is intellectual property. An idea as such cannot be protected until it has been given a material form. An invention has to be embodied in a physical model before it can be patented; a story has to be written or printed. But what the patent or copyright protects is not the physical object as such, but the idea which it embodies. By forbidding an unauthorized reproduction of the object, the law declares, in effect, that the physical labor of copying is not the source of the object’s value, that that value is created by the originator of the idea and may not be used without his consent; thus the law establishes the property right of a mind to that which it has brought into existence." --Ayn Rand **************************************************

You do know that restricts the fair use you always justify your buddies doing...

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<36dda97a-29b4-41bd-b0ca-1b123e9dfa80n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181192&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181192

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 13:27:37 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 21:27 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 4:25:24 PM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 4:18:18 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:

> > > She only believed in her own creative freedom
> > I do not think you are correct....
> >
> > https://c4ss.org/content/23725
> >
> > **************************** Ayn Rand regarded patents and copyrights as “the legal implementation of the base of all property rights: a man’s right to the product of his mind.”
> >
> > "What the patent and copyright laws acknowledge is the paramount role of mental effort in the production of material values; these laws protect the mind’s contribution in its purest form: the origination of an idea. The subject of patents and copyrights is intellectual property. An idea as such cannot be protected until it has been given a material form. An invention has to be embodied in a physical model before it can be patented; a story has to be written or printed. But what the patent or copyright protects is not the physical object as such, but the idea which it embodies. By forbidding an unauthorized reproduction of the object, the law declares, in effect, that the physical labor of copying is not the source of the object’s value, that that value is created by the originator of the idea and may not be used without his consent; thus the law establishes the property right of a mind to that which it has brought into existence." --Ayn Rand **************************************************
> You do know that restricts the fair use you always justify your buddies doing..

Depends on what you define FAIR USE as....!!.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<b6134554-99f9-48e5-b0ca-978c39275ec1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181222&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181222

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 14:43:15 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 22:43 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 4:27:38 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:
> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 4:25:24 PM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:

> > > I do not think you are correct....
> > >
> > > https://c4ss.org/content/23725
> > >
> > > **************************** Ayn Rand regarded patents and copyrights as “the legal implementation of the base of all property rights: a man’s right to the product of his mind.”
> > >
> > > "What the patent and copyright laws acknowledge is the paramount role of mental effort in the production of material values; these laws protect the mind’s contribution in its purest form: the origination of an idea. The subject of patents and copyrights is intellectual property. An idea as such cannot be protected until it has been given a material form. An invention has to be embodied in a physical model before it can be patented; a story has to be written or printed. But what the patent or copyright protects is not the physical object as such, but the idea which it embodies. By forbidding an unauthorized reproduction of the object, the law declares, in effect, that the physical labor of copying is not the source of the object’s value, that that value is created by the originator of the idea and may not be used without his consent; thus the law establishes the property right of a mind to that which it has brought into existence." --Ayn Rand **************************************************
> > You do know that restricts the fair use you always justify your buddies doing..
> Depends on what you define FAIR USE as....!!.

I am going by the fair use definition that you and your buddy defined by your actual actions here. Your words are cheap as you and your buddies have proven here and your actions here have been damning.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<c2556726f937f7b5a3fd4513e3dacaeb@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181224&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181224

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 22:47:14 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <665f9035-80ee-4688-9a5a-4de96351ce08n@googlegroups.com> <e1492d553c4517117c729a36749b937a@news.novabbs.com> <4e79ef97-c78b-471d-8242-84fb8280ba9en@googlegroups.com> <5d3eb0c7-44ae-40c5-a9fe-abfbbefc2296n@googlegroups.com> <737b21ef-1cc6-42da-9513-358fcd376f46n@googlegroups.com> <36dda97a-29b4-41bd-b0ca-1b123e9dfa80n@googlegroups.com> <b6134554-99f9-48e5-b0ca-978c39275ec1n@googlegroups.com>
 by: General-Zod - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 22:47 UTC

Ash Wurthing wrote:

> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 4:27:38 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:

>> > You do know that restricts the fair use you always justify your buddies doing..
>> Depends on what you define FAIR USE as....!!.

> I am going by the fair use definition that you and your buddy defined

Which is...?

I know, I want to kow if YOU know... ha ha.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<a943490a63af3e593e9807d4c71b430a@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181230&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#181230

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 23:53:46 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <665f9035-80ee-4688-9a5a-4de96351ce08n@googlegroups.com> <e1492d553c4517117c729a36749b937a@news.novabbs.com> <4e79ef97-c78b-471d-8242-84fb8280ba9en@googlegroups.com> <5d3eb0c7-44ae-40c5-a9fe-abfbbefc2296n@googlegroups.com> <737b21ef-1cc6-42da-9513-358fcd376f46n@googlegroups.com> <36dda97a-29b4-41bd-b0ca-1b123e9dfa80n@googlegroups.com> <b6134554-99f9-48e5-b0ca-978c39275ec1n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 23:53 UTC

Ash Wurthing wrote:

> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 4:27:38 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:

>> > You do know that restricts the fair use you always justify your buddies doing..
>> Depends on what you define FAIR USE as....!!.

> I am going by the fair use definition that you and your buddy defined by your actual actions here. Your words are cheap as you and your buddies have proven here and your actions here have been damning.

I think that you may be confused about the definition of fair use, Ash.

HTH and HAND.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<57fcf36b-0c61-40ec-b0b3-0624b9b91679n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190376&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#190376

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 05:53:32 -0800 (PST)
From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George Dance)
 by: George Dance - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 13:53 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 2:21:34 PM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 10:38:01 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Michael Pendragon wrote:
> > >
> > > "Ayn Rand is a Nazi!"
> > Not at all, Ayn Rand believed in creative freedom of the artist, while the Nazis obviously didn't.

> She only believed in her own creative freedom. I remember Dance telling me once how much of a bitch she could be about other's creative freedom...

You probably are misremembering, then; though you could be deliberately misstating.
.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<bde118e8-3dde-44d4-8a5f-2642105576a1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190377&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#190377

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 06:02:43 -0800 (PST)
References: <665f9035-80ee-4688-9a5a-4de96351ce08n@googlegroups.com> <e1492d553c4517117c729a36749b937a@news.novabbs.com> <4e79ef97-c78b-471d-8242-84fb8280ba9en@googlegroups.com> <5d3eb0c7-44ae-40c5-a9fe-abfbbefc2296n@googlegroups.com> <737b21ef-1cc6-42da-9513-358fcd376f46n@googlegroups.com> <36dda97a-29b4-41bd-b0ca-1b123e9dfa80n@googlegroups.com> <b6134554-99f9-48e5-b0ca-978c39275ec1n@googlegroups.com> <a943490a63af3e593e9807d4c71b430a@news.novabbs.com>
From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George Dance)
 by: George Dance - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 14:02 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 10:51:33 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Ash Wurthing wrote:

> >> Depends on what you define FAIR USE as....!!.
>
> > I am going by the fair use definition that you and your buddy defined by your actual actions here. Your words are cheap as you and your buddies have proven here and your actions here have been damning.

> I think that you may be confused about the definition of fair use, Ash.

I think the Ashtroll has just learned a new way to play IKYABWAI, considering he's used it twice in a row here.

(1) He can't give any example of how Rand opposed creative freedom, so he simply says it's something "Dance" told him.
(2) He can't say what he means by "fair use", so he simply says he's using "your" definition.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<3d67b4b2-407d-4ffd-b424-589ed972465fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190418&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#190418

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 10:35:44 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 18:35 UTC

On Saturday, December 24, 2022 at 9:02:45 AM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 10:51:33 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Ash Wurthing wrote:

> > > I am going by the fair use definition that you and your buddy defined by your actual actions here. Your words are cheap as you and your buddies have proven here and your actions here have been damning.
>
> > I think that you may be confused about the definition of fair use, Ash.
> I think the Ashtroll has just learned a new way to play IKYABWAI, considering he's used it twice in a row here.
>
> (1) He can't give any example of how Rand opposed creative freedom, so he simply says it's something "Dance" told him.
> (2) He can't say what he means by "fair use", so he simply says he's using "your" definition.

Or George Dance is just pulling one of his stock-in-trade troll tricks of demanding that one search through the archives to back up everything they say.

Most of the time, the archive search will reveal that the statements George is challenging are correct. Occasionally, they will show that the person being challenged had misremembered (attributing a Donkey quote to George, or such).

Either way, the work required to locate a specific statement from the archives is equivalent to that of looking for the proverbial need in a haystack, and both George and his Donkey employ this troll tactic to create the impression of a refutation where none, in fact, exists.

Re: ATLAS SHRUGGED

<699d7c8b8f5a9d855045a42830b81aaf@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190433&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#190433

Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 21:01:17 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <665f9035-80ee-4688-9a5a-4de96351ce08n@googlegroups.com> <e1492d553c4517117c729a36749b937a@news.novabbs.com> <4e79ef97-c78b-471d-8242-84fb8280ba9en@googlegroups.com> <5d3eb0c7-44ae-40c5-a9fe-abfbbefc2296n@googlegroups.com> <737b21ef-1cc6-42da-9513-358fcd376f46n@googlegroups.com> <36dda97a-29b4-41bd-b0ca-1b123e9dfa80n@googlegroups.com> <b6134554-99f9-48e5-b0ca-978c39275ec1n@googlegroups.com> <a943490a63af3e593e9807d4c71b430a@news.novabbs.com> <bde118e8-3dde-44d4-8a5f-2642105576a1n@googlegroups.com> <3d67b4b2-407d-4ffd-b424-589ed972465fn@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 21:01 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Saturday, December 24, 2022 at 9:02:45 AM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:

>> > I think that you may be confused about the definition of fair use, Ash.
>> I think the Ashtroll has just learned a new way to play IKYABWAI, considering he's used it twice in a row here.
>>
>> (1) He can't give any example of how Rand opposed creative freedom, so he simply says it's something "Dance" told him.
>> (2) He can't say what he means by "fair use", so he simply says he's using "your" definition.

> Or George Dance is just pulling one of his stock-in-trade troll tricks of demanding that one search through the archives to back up everything they say.

> Most of the time, the archive search will reveal that the statements George is challenging are correct. Occasionally, they will show that the person being challenged had misremembered (attributing a Donkey quote to George, or such).

> Either way, the work required to locate a specific statement from the archives is equivalent to that of looking for the proverbial need in a haystack, and both George and his Donkey employ this troll tactic to create the impression of a refutation where none, in fact, exists.

Not true, as you and others are often proven wrong by the archived posts.

HTH and HAND