Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. -- Mark Twain

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senate

SubjectAuthor
* Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senateshawn
|+- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateFPP
|+- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateThe Horny Goat
|`* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateBTR1701
| +- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateAdam H. Kerman
| `* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateFPP
|  `- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senatetrotsky
+* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateIan J. Ball
|+* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateAdam H. Kerman
||`* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateBTR1701
|| +* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateAdam H. Kerman
|| |`* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateBTR1701
|| | `- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senatetrotsky
|| +* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateThe Horny Goat
|| |+- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateAdam H. Kerman
|| |`- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateFPP
|| `- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senatetrotsky
|`* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateDimensional Traveler
| `* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senatesuzeeq
|  +- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenatemoviePig
|  `* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateDimensional Traveler
|   `* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senatesuzeeq
|    `- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateFPP
+* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateDimensional Traveler
|`* Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateThe Horny Goat
| +- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateAdam H. Kerman
| `- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateFPP
`- Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in SenateUbiquitous

Pages:12
Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senate

<uq42a3$2aaf4$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215884&group=rec.arts.tv#215884

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senate
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 21:22:59 -0500
 by: FPP - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 02:22 UTC

On 2/6/24 8:32 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 2/6/2024 5:17 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> Bet that will go over well with the voters next election...
>>>
>> It DOES go over extremely well with their MAGA base.
>>
> True.

Goes over great with Putin too.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senate

<uq42bu$2aaf4$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215886&group=rec.arts.tv#215886

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 21:23:58 -0500
 by: FPP - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 02:23 UTC

On 2/6/24 1:28 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> I assume it's a criminal offence in the US to hire somebody without a
> valid social security number?

A number, yes. Valid? That's the joke.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senate

<uq42vh$2al68$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215889&group=rec.arts.tv#215889

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 21:34:24 -0500
 by: FPP - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 02:34 UTC

On 2/8/24 12:26 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2024 at 4:20:55 PM PST, "shawn"<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 00:06:27 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The bill being negotiated on border security combined with aid to
>>> Ukraine between McConnell and Schumer is dead. Republican Senators have
>>> withdrawn their support.
>>>
>> Thank you, Mr Trump.
>>
>>> Ukraine is going to be overrun by Putin's forces. This is a disaster.
>>>
>>> I'm really pissed about this because it sounds like they came up with
>>> the right way to handle the influx of asylum seekers, letting them work
>>> and holding their hearings within months and not years. In the meantime,
>>> they aren't sleeping in shelters but working and paying for their own
>>> housing.
>> The Republicans got most of what they wanted and that still wasn't
>> good enough

> Of course it wasn't good enough. And I don't know who you're referring to
> specifically by 'the Republicans' but anyone who isn't a RINO got next to
> nothing from this bill with regard to border security. And that's being
> generous.

Absolute bullshit. The bill was negotiated by one of the most
conservative Republicans and every single reputable authority says this
bill is a conservative's wet dream.

You're a fucking liar.

> Border Patrol union backs Senate immigration bill despite House GOP opposition

For fuck's sake.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Bill for Ukraine aid and illegal border crossings dead in Senate

<e%GyN.322320$PuZ9.308155@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216158&group=rec.arts.tv#216158

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 03:54:18 -0600
 by: trotsky - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 09:54 UTC

On 2/8/24 8:34 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 2/8/24 12:26 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Feb 5, 2024 at 4:20:55 PM PST, "shawn"<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Thank you, Mr Trump.

>>> The Republicans got most of what they wanted and that still wasn't
>>> good enough
>
>> Of course it wasn't good enough. And I don't know who you're referring to
>> specifically by 'the Republicans' but anyone who isn't a RINO got next to
>> nothing from this bill with regard to border security. And that's being
>> generous.
>
> Absolute bullshit.  The bill was negotiated by one of the most
> conservative Republicans and every single reputable authority says this
> bill is a conservative's wet dream.
>
> You're a fucking liar.

Sounds like the Oath Keepers fed him a line of bullshit again.

>> Border Patrol union backs Senate immigration bill despite House GOP
>> opposition
>
> For fuck's sake.

His responses are getting more and more MAGA like.