"You are WRONG, you ol' brass-breasted fascist poop!" -- Bloom County

arts / rec.arts.tv / TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024

SubjectAuthor
* TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024Robin Miller
+- Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024Adam H. Kerman
+* Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024shawn
|`- Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024Adam H. Kerman
+- Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024Dimensional Traveler
`* Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024Ian J. Ball
 `- Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024Robin Miller

1
TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024

<l4hnsoFamshU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217697&group=rec.arts.tv#217697

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 17:34:58 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 22:34 UTC

CBS news

‘Blue Bloods’ Says Goodbye To Treat Williams In Show Tribute (March 2)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/blue-bloods-says-goodbye-treat-williams-show-tribute-1235843755/

Sylvester Stallone’s Paramount+ Drama ‘Tulsa King’ To Get Summer Run On
CBS (Feb. 28)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/tulsa-king-sylvester-stallone-summer-run-cbs-paramount-plus-1235840923/

‘The Young And The Restless’ Renewed For Four More Seasons (Feb. 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-young-and-the-restless-renewed-four-more-years-1235839579/

CW news

‘The Outpost’ Alumna Jessica Green Joins ‘The Librarians: The Next
Chapter’ CW Spinoff (Feb. 28)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-outpost-jessica-green-the-librarians-cw-spinoff-1235840069/

Fox news

‘Gordon Ramsay’s Food Stars’ Renewed For Season 2 By Fox As Filming
Shifts From California To UK (March 1)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/gordon-ramsays-future-food-stars-season-2-fox-1235842862/

NBC news

‘Suits L.A.’: Lex Scott Davis To Star Alongside Stephen Amell In NBC
Pilot (Feb. 28)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/suits-l-a-lex-scott-davis-stephen-amell-nbc-pilot-1235840900/

NBC Orders ‘The Hunting Party’ Crime Procedural Series (Feb. 28)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-hunting-party-nbc-1235840844/

NBC To Mark Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’ 10th Anniversary With
Primetime Special (Feb. 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/jimmy-fallon-tonight-show-10th-anniversary-nbc-special-1235839462/

Cable channel news

‘The Last Of Us’ Season 2 Casts Danny Ramirez, Ariela Barer, Tati
Gabrielle & Spencer Lord [HBO] (March 1)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-last-of-us-season-2-cast-danny-ramirez-ariela-barer-tati-gabrielle-spencer-lord-manny-mel-owen-1235843027/

PBS Masterpiece Says ‘Miss Scarlet And The Duke’ Will Continue Without
The Duke (Feb. 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/miss-scarlet-and-the-duke-will-continue-without-duke-masterpiece-1235841918/

‘BMF’ Renewed For Fourth Season Ahead Of Season 3 Premiere [Starz]
(Feb. 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/bmf-renewed-season-4-starz-1235842316/

‘The Chi’ Season 6 Adds Kadeem Hardison, Leon, Brett Gray & Daniel J.
Watts [Showtime] (Feb. 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-chi-season-6-cast-kadeem-hardison-leon-brett-gray-daniel-j-watts-1235842131/

Laura Fraser & Ella Maisy Purvis Team For Cop Drama Series ‘Patience’
From Eagle Eye, PBS & Beta Film (Feb. 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/laura-fraser-ella-maisy-purvis-patience-eagle-eye-pbs-beta-film-1235838378/

Great American Family To Launch Its Own Mystery Movie Franchise; Candace
Cameron Bure Starrer To Kick Off Series (Feb. 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/great-american-family-launching-mystery-movie-franchise-candace-cameron-bure-1235839614/

‘Outlander: Blood Of My Blood’ Finds Its Young Murtagh, MacKenzie
Brothers & Ned Gowan [Starz] (Feb. 26)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/outlander-blood-of-my-blood-casts-young-murtagh-mackenzie-brothers-ned-gowan-1235836133/

‘Beacon 23’ Unveils Season 2 Trailer, Premiere Date At MGM+ (Feb. 26)

https://deadline.com/video/beacon-23-season-2-trailer-premiere-date-mgm-plus/

Streaming service news--Amazon Freeve

‘Alex Rider’ To End With Season 3, Premiere Date Set At Freevee (Feb. 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/alex-rider-canceled-season-3-freevee-1235841863/

you get a seven-day free trial, but a limited-time deal through March 14
can get you two months free as part of a promotion for Flowers of the
Killer Moon.")

‘Foundation’: Tim Southam To Replace David S. Goyer As Season 3 Director
[Apple TV+] (March 1)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/foundation-tim-southam-david-s-goyer-replacement-season-3-director-1235843367/

Noma Dumezweni Joins Alexander Skarsgård In Apple Sci-Fi Series
‘Murderbot’ (March 1)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/noma-dumezweni-alexander-skarsgard-apple-murderbot-1235842969/

David Dastmalchian Joins Alexander Skarsgård In Apple Sci-Fi Series
‘Murderbot’ (Feb. 28)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/murderbot-series-david-dastmalchian-alexander-skarsgard-apple-1235840683/

Apple Greenlights New Sci-Fi Drama Series ‘Neuromancer’ Based On William
Gibson Novel (Feb. 28)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/apple-greenlights-neuromancer-series-1235840840/

James Badge Dale Joins Apple’s ‘The Savant’ Limited Series Starring
Jessica Chastain (Feb. 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/james-badge-dale-the-savant-jessica-chastain-apple-1235839778/

Cush Jumbo Says ‘Criminal Record’ Season 2 Is Happening On Apple TV+
(Feb. 25)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/cush-jumbo-criminal-record-season-2-apple-tv-plus-1235838224/

Streaming service news--Hulu

Eugene Levy Joins ‘Only Murders In The Building’ Season 4 As Recurring
[Hulu] (Feb. 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/eugene-levy-only-murders-in-the-building-season-4-1235839290/

Streaming service news--Max

‘Hacks’ Season 3 Premiere Date & Trailer: See Jean Smart & Hannah
Einbinder Discuss “Problematic Material” [Max] (March 1)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/hacks-season-3-premiere-date-trailer-max-jean-smart-hannah-einbinder-1235842686/

‘Hacks’ Adds Helen Hunt, Christina Hendricks, Christopher Lloyd & More
To Third Season [Max] (Feb. 28)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/hacks-adds-helen-hunt-christina-hendricks-christopher-lloyd-more-to-third-season-1235840218/

Streaming service news--Netflix

‘Sex And The City’ Gets Premiere Date On Netflix (March 2)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/sex-and-the-city-netflix-premiere-date-1235843746/

‘The Brothers Sun’ Canceled By Netflix After One Season (March 1)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-brothers-sun-canceled-netflix-one-season-michelle-yeoh-1235843519/

Lucas Till, Nick Robinson, Diana Silvers, Lamar Johnson, Aisling
Franciosi & Natalia Del Riego Join Kurt Sutter’s Netflix Series ‘The
Abandons’ (March 1)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-abandons-series-casts-lucas-till-nick-robinson-diana-silvers-more-1235842143/

‘Lincoln Lawyer’ Season 3 Adds Merrin Dungey, Allyn Moriyon, John
Pirrucello & Philip Anthony-Rodriguez (Feb. 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/lincoln-lawyer-season-3-cast-merrin-dungey-allyn-moriyon-john-pirrucello-philip-anthony-rodriguez-1235841987/

Netflix Orders First Medical Procedural ‘Pulse’; Justina Machado Cast In
Series From Zoe Robyn & Carlton Cuse (Feb. 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/netflix-pulse-medical-procedural-justina-machado-zoe-robyn-carlton-cuse-1235842036/

‘Outer Banks’ Season 4: Pollyanna McIntosh, J. Anthony Crane, Brianna
Brown, Rigo Sanchez & Mia Challis Join Cast Of Netflix’s YA Drama (Feb. 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/netflix-outer-banks-season-4-casting-1235841916/

Netflix India Unveils TV & Film Slate For 2024, Including Wedding
Crasher Feature ‘Wild Wild Punjab’ (Feb. 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/netflix-india-tv-film-slate-2024-1235841752/

Nick Offerman & Betty Gilpin Join Netflix’s ‘Death By Lightning’ From
‘Game Of Thrones’ Creators (Feb. 28)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/nick-offerman-betty-gilpin-death-by-lightning-netflix-1235841371/

As ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ Debuts To Strong Audience On Netflix,
Creative Team Looks Ahead To Expanding Live-Action Adaptation (Feb. 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/avatar-the-last-airbender-premiere-ratings-netflix-1235839589/

‘The Blacklist’s Mozhan Navabi Cast In Netflix Limited Series ‘Zero Day’
(Feb. 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/mozhan-navabi-cast-netflix-zero-day-1235840079/

‘Beef’ Season 2 Eyes Charles Melton, Cailee Spaeny, Jake Gyllenhaal &
Anne Hathaway: The Dish [Netflix] (Feb. 26)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/beef-season-2-cast-charles-melton-cailee-spaeny-jake-gyllenhaal-anne-hathaway-circling-1235838602/

Sebastian Roché To Make K-Drama Debut In Netflix’s ‘Queen Of Tears’
(Feb. 26)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/sebastian-roche-cast-netfix-k-drama-queen-of-tears-1235839168/

Streaming service news--Paramount+

‘Ray Donovan’ Offshoot Series Set At Paramount+ From Guy Ritchie & ‘Top
Boy’ Creator Ronan Bennett (Feb. 28)

https://deadline.com/2024/02/ray-donovan-offshoot-series-guy-ritchie-ronan-bennett-paramount-plus-1235840621/

‘NCIS’ Tony & Ziva Spinoff Series Starring Michael Weatherly & Cote de
Pablo Ordered By Paramount+ (Feb. 28)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024

<us0d3p$24gfd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217706&group=rec.arts.tv#217706

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 23:35:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 23:35 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> CW news

>'The Outpost' Alumna Jessica Green Joins 'The Librarians: The Next
>Chapter' CW Spinoff (Feb. 28)

>https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-outpost-jessica-green-the-librarians-cw-spinoff-1235840069/

I may resurrect The C-Wub (definite article and all) from its well
deserved death to watch this. It, uh, may not suck.

Who am I kidding?

>'Suits L.A.': Lex Scott Davis To Star Alongside Stephen Amell In NBC
>Pilot (Feb. 28)

I can better suspend disbelief that Tom Cruise graduated tops in his
class from Harvard law in two movies than... Stephen Amell?

>https://deadline.com/2024/02/suits-l-a-lex-scott-davis-stephen-amell-nbc-pilot-1235840900/

>NBC To Mark Jimmy Fallon's 'Tonight Show' 10th Anniversary With
>Primetime Special (Feb. 27)

Johnny Carson he ain't, and never will be.

>PBS Masterpiece Says 'Miss Scarlet And The Duke' Will Continue Without
>The Duke (Feb. 29)

That's just not as good a title!

> Streaming service news--Netflix

>'Sex And The City' Gets Premiere Date On Netflix (March 2)

The 1998 tv series? Dear ghod why? Have they removed all the non-P.C.
stuff?

> Streaming service news--Peacock

>Garret Dillahunt, Nolan North, Elijah Richardson Among 6 Cast In
>Peacock's Satanic Panic Thriller Series 'Hysteria!' (Feb. 28)

>https://deadline.com/2024/02/garret-dillahunt-nolan-north-cast-peacock-satanic-panic-series-hysteria-1235840792/

>Yvonne Strahovski Joins Peacock's Ian McCulloch/James Wan Horror Drama
>'Teacup' (Feb. 28)

If I didn't despise streaming, I might be tempted to watch these two.

>BBC Studios Buys ITV Out Of Joint Streamer BritBox International For
>$321M (Feb. 29)

What's the plan for ITV to distribute shows internationally, then?

>Fox Corp. Streaming Service Tubi Introduces New Logo And Brand Identity
>(Feb. 28)

New logo and branding! Let's celebrate!

>Rockefeller Plaza To Be Temporarily Renamed Olivia Benson Plaza For
>'SVU' Anniversary (Feb. 28)

barf

Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024

<4hd7uit8kgdljaq9edov1kuue5vr2hggju@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217710&group=rec.arts.tv#217710

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 18:52:26 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 23:52 UTC

On Sat, 2 Mar 2024 17:34:58 -0500, Robin Miller
<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> CBS news
>

>‘Blue Bloods’ Says Goodbye To Treat Williams In Show Tribute (March 2)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/blue-bloods-says-goodbye-treat-williams-show-tribute-1235843755/

:(

>Sylvester Stallone’s Paramount+ Drama ‘Tulsa King’ To Get Summer Run On
>CBS (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/tulsa-king-sylvester-stallone-summer-run-cbs-paramount-plus-1235840923/

Cool. I enjoyed the first season of this and am looking forward to a
second season.

>‘The Young And The Restless’ Renewed For Four More Seasons (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-young-and-the-restless-renewed-four-more-years-1235839579/

LOL. I can remember my parents watching this every day after lunch.

> CW news
>

>‘The Outpost’ Alumna Jessica Green Joins ‘The Librarians: The Next
>Chapter’ CW Spinoff (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-outpost-jessica-green-the-librarians-cw-spinoff-1235840069/

Ian celebrates!

> Fox news
>

>‘Gordon Ramsay’s Food Stars’ Renewed For Season 2 By Fox As Filming
>Shifts From California To UK (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/gordon-ramsays-future-food-stars-season-2-fox-1235842862/

Guess he didn't like traveling for the show. Which makes you wonder
how close of an eye does he keep on the quality of the food at all of
his US restaurants.

> NBC news
>

>‘Suits L.A.’: Lex Scott Davis To Star Alongside Stephen Amell In NBC
>Pilot (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/suits-l-a-lex-scott-davis-stephen-amell-nbc-pilot-1235840900/

Means nothing to me.

> Cable channel news
>

>‘The Last Of Us’ Season 2 Casts Danny Ramirez, Ariela Barer, Tati
>Gabrielle & Spencer Lord [HBO] (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-last-of-us-season-2-cast-danny-ramirez-ariela-barer-tati-gabrielle-spencer-lord-manny-mel-owen-1235843027/
>

>‘Beacon 23’ Unveils Season 2 Trailer, Premiere Date At MGM+ (Feb. 26)
>
>https://deadline.com/video/beacon-23-season-2-trailer-premiere-date-mgm-plus/

Still need to finish off season one.

> Streaming service news--Amazon Freeve
>

>‘Alex Rider’ To End With Season 3, Premiere Date Set At Freevee (Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/alex-rider-canceled-season-3-freevee-1235841863/

>‘Foundation’: Tim Southam To Replace David S. Goyer As Season 3 Director
>[Apple TV+] (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/foundation-tim-southam-david-s-goyer-replacement-season-3-director-1235843367/

Never a good sign when they start replacing people.

>Noma Dumezweni Joins Alexander Skarsgård In Apple Sci-Fi Series
>‘Murderbot’ (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/noma-dumezweni-alexander-skarsgard-apple-murderbot-1235842969/

Hmm, not familiar with the book but this sounds like it should be a
comedy based on the description of a robot that just wants to watch
soap operas like the YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS.

>David Dastmalchian Joins Alexander Skarsgård In Apple Sci-Fi Series
>‘Murderbot’ (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/murderbot-series-david-dastmalchian-alexander-skarsgard-apple-1235840683/
>

>Apple Greenlights New Sci-Fi Drama Series ‘Neuromancer’ Based On William
>Gibson Novel (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/apple-greenlights-neuromancer-series-1235840840/

Let's hope they do the novel justice.

>James Badge Dale Joins Apple’s ‘The Savant’ Limited Series Starring
>Jessica Chastain (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/james-badge-dale-the-savant-jessica-chastain-apple-1235839778/
>

>Cush Jumbo Says ‘Criminal Record’ Season 2 Is Happening On Apple TV+
>(Feb. 25)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/cush-jumbo-criminal-record-season-2-apple-tv-plus-1235838224/
>

>‘NCIS’ Tony & Ziva Spinoff Series Starring Michael Weatherly & Cote de
>Pablo Ordered By Paramount+ (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/ncis-tony-ziva-spinoff-series-paramount-plus-1235840988/

I wonder if they can catch the lightning in a bottle again with this
show?

>Paramount+ Greenlights UK Thriller Series Set In World Where Men Live
>Under Strict Nightly Curfew (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/paramount-plus-curfew-sarah-parish-alexandra-burke-mandip-gill-1235839324/

Only men? So a 17 year old boy would be free to roam the streets but
have to stop at 18 years old?

>Yvonne Strahovski Joins Peacock’s Ian McCulloch/James Wan Horror Drama
>‘Teacup’ (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/yvonne-strahovski-cast-peacock-ian-mcculloch-james-wan-teacup-1235840752/

Not a huge fan of horror but I am of Yvonne so I may need to check
this out.

>‘Lockerbie’: Catherine McCormack To Co-Star Alongside Colin Firth In
>Sky/Peacock Limited Series (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/lockerbie-catherine-mccormack-colin-firth-sky-peacock-series-1235840360/
>

>Peacock’s ‘Long Bright River’ Adds Ashleigh Cummings, Callum Vinson &
>John Doman To Cast (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/long-bright-river-adds-ashleigh-cummings-callum-vinson-john-doman-1235839646/

> Streaming service news--Prime Video
>

>Prime Video To Premiere ‘Friends In Low Places’ Docuseries With Garth
>Brooks, Trisha Yearwood (Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/friends-in-low-places-docuseries-prime-video-premiere-date-garth-brooks-trisha-yearwood-1235841516/
>

>Benito Skinner’s ‘Overcompensating’ Lands Series Order At Prime Video
>(Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/benito-skinner-overcompensating-series-order-prime-video-charli-xcx-jonah-hill-1235839199/

> Streaming service news--Other services
>

>‘Babylon Berlin’ Finds New U.S. Home On Newly-Merged MHz Choice & Topic
>Streaming Platform (Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/babylon-berlin-mhz-choice-topic-netflix-1235840457/
>

>Nicola Coughlan & Lydia West-Led Series ‘Big Mood’ To Premiere In U.S.
>Via Tubi (Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/big-mood-series-us-premiere-tubi-1235841650/

> International series news
>

>SkyShowtime Art Crime Drama ‘Codename: Annika’ Hitting International
>Market Through Mediawan Rights (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/skyshowtime-annika-mediawan-rights-distributor-1235838337/

> Series in development
>

>Working Title Television Developing Series Version Of Scott Alexander
>Howard Debut ‘The Other Valley’ (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/working-title-television-scott-alexander-howard-the-other-valley-1235842893/
>

>Wiip Acquires Jennifer Lynn Barnes’ YA Novel ‘Little White Lies’ For TV
>Series Development (Feb. 26)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/little-white-lies-jennifer-lynn-barnes-ya-novel-tv-series-wiip-1235836221/

> Ratings
>

>Wendy Williams Documentary Draws Strong Ratings For Lifetime, Beating
>‘The Prison Confessions Of Gypsy Rose Blanchard’ (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/wendy-williams-documentary-ratings-lifetime-where-is-wendy-williams-1235843430/
>

>‘The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live’ Stakes Out AMC’s Best Premiere
>Viewership In 6 Years (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-walking-dead-the-ones-who-live-premiere-viewership-amc-1235843107/

Haven't watched it but a friend of mine who has kept up with the
series says that the first episode was the first truly good episode in
the series in years.

>‘Mr & Mrs Smith’ Sneaks Up Nielsen Charts In Debut Week; ‘True
>Detective’ Gets Viewership Boost Due To Adjusted Measurement Strategy
>(Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/nielsen-ratings-mr-and-mrs-smith-premiere-amazon-true-detective-hbo-1235842459/

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024

<us0ejc$24hg0$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217713&group=rec.arts.tv#217713

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 16:00:47 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 00:00 UTC

On 3/2/2024 2:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>     CW news
>

> ‘The Outpost’ Alumna Jessica Green Joins ‘The Librarians: The Next
> Chapter’ CW Spinoff  (Feb. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-outpost-jessica-green-the-librarians-cw-spinoff-1235840069/
> Somebody please remind me about this when we get a premiere date.

dirty old man.

Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024

<us0eka$24l47$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217714&group=rec.arts.tv#217714

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 16:01:14 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 00:01 UTC

On 3/2/24 2:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>     CBS news
>

> Sylvester Stallone’s Paramount+ Drama ‘Tulsa King’ To Get Summer Run On
> CBS  (Feb. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/tulsa-king-sylvester-stallone-summer-run-cbs-paramount-plus-1235840923/

I am dumbfounded that they still have not figured out that TV shows
should now be co-produced for *both* streaming *and* linear TV.

It is so f**king obvious! that this is the way forward - premiere series
on streaming, and then ~6 months later run them on a broadcast (or one
of the few remaining cable) nets! This isn't rocket science.

> ‘The Young And The Restless’ Renewed For Four More Seasons   (Feb. 27)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-young-and-the-restless-renewed-four-more-years-1235839579/

I texted my siblings about this news when I heard it.

FTR, Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki) is 67, and Eric Braeden (Victor) is 82!
Eighty-friggin'-two!!!

>     CW news
>

> ‘The Outpost’ Alumna Jessica Green Joins ‘The Librarians: The Next
> Chapter’ CW Spinoff  (Feb. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-outpost-jessica-green-the-librarians-cw-spinoff-1235840069/

I'm sayin' I beat Robin!! ;p

>     NBC news
>

> NBC Orders ‘The Hunting Party’ Crime Procedural Series  (Feb. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-hunting-party-nbc-1235840844/

When has any concept like this ever worked as an "open-ended" series?!

>     Cable channel news
>

> PBS Masterpiece Says ‘Miss Scarlet And The Duke’ Will Continue Without
> The Duke  (Feb. 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/miss-scarlet-and-the-duke-will-continue-without-duke-masterpiece-1235841918/

And this, right here, is the problem with the British TV series model -
they don't lock stars into long-terms contracts, so they lose lead
actors all the time.

And also because they don't have set TV seasons scheduling, new seasons
happen just "whenever".

This is not a better model...

> Great American Family To Launch Its Own Mystery Movie Franchise; Candace
> Cameron Bure Starrer To Kick Off Series  (Feb. 27)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/great-american-family-launching-mystery-movie-franchise-candace-cameron-bure-1235839614/

Oh, GAFfe! [roll]

> ‘Beacon 23’ Unveils Season 2 Trailer, Premiere Date At MGM+  (Feb. 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/video/beacon-23-season-2-trailer-premiere-date-mgm-plus/

Absolutely nobody gets MGM+!!

>     Streaming service news--Amazon Freeve
>

> ‘Alex Rider’ To End With Season 3, Premiere Date Set At Freevee  (Feb. 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/alex-rider-canceled-season-3-freevee-1235841863/

Freevee's not going to be around much longer anyway!!

>     Streaming service news--Apple TV+
>

> Apple TV+ Adds More Than 50 Films For US Viewers In Limited Run  (March 2)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/apple-tv-adds-more-than-50-films-limited-run-1235843819/

Yeah, I noticed today they have "The Wolf of Wall Street" in 4k right
now - I may prioritize giving that a look soon...

"Ferris Bueller" in 4k sounds pretty special. :)

They also have "Fury Road" in 4k. And "Saving Private Ryan". And "Fast
Five" and "F&F6"! And "300"!! :D

> ("You can get an Apple TV Plus subscription for $10 a month. Typically,
> you get a seven-day free trial, but a limited-time deal through March 14
> can get you two months free as part of a promotion for Flowers of the
> Killer Moon.")
>

> ‘Foundation’: Tim Southam To Replace David S. Goyer As Season 3 Director
> [Apple TV+]  (March 1)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/foundation-tim-southam-david-s-goyer-replacement-season-3-director-1235843367/

Apparently it's just for reshoots, so not a huge deal, hopefully...

> Apple Greenlights New Sci-Fi Drama Series ‘Neuromancer’ Based On William
> Gibson Novel  (Feb. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/apple-greenlights-neuromancer-series-1235840840/

Would give this a look, though casting will be key...

>     Streaming service news--Netflix
>

> ‘Sex And The City’ Gets Premiere Date On Netflix  (March 2)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/sex-and-the-city-netflix-premiere-date-1235843746/

Who needs "Netflix original series"?! [roll]

> Lucas Till, Nick Robinson, Diana Silvers, Lamar Johnson, Aisling
> Franciosi & Natalia Del Riego Join Kurt Sutter’s Netflix Series ‘The
> Abandons’ (March 1)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-abandons-series-casts-lucas-till-nick-robinson-diana-silvers-more-1235842143/

Another one I might be interested in, if it weren't on The 'Flix...

> ‘Outer Banks’ Season 4: Pollyanna McIntosh, J. Anthony Crane, Brianna
> Brown, Rigo Sanchez & Mia Challis Join Cast Of Netflix’s YA Drama  (Feb.
> 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/netflix-outer-banks-season-4-casting-1235841916/

It is unbelievable to me that this has made it to "season #4". It should
never have made it past season #1, and certainly not past season #2.

> Nick Offerman & Betty Gilpin Join Netflix’s ‘Death By Lightning’ From
> ‘Game Of Thrones’ Creators  (Feb. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/nick-offerman-betty-gilpin-death-by-lightning-netflix-1235841371/

The only recent Netflix project in which I actually have some interest in...

>     Streaming service news--Paramount+
>

> ‘Ray Donovan’ Offshoot Series Set At Paramount+ From Guy Ritchie & ‘Top
> Boy’ Creator Ronan Bennett  (Feb. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/ray-donovan-offshoot-series-guy-ritchie-ronan-bennett-paramount-plus-1235840621/

Very skeptical of this...

> ‘NCIS’ Tony & Ziva Spinoff Series Starring Michael Weatherly & Cote de
> Pablo Ordered By Paramount+  (Feb. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/ncis-tony-ziva-spinoff-series-paramount-plus-1235840988/

And *really* skeptical of this!! - And why, if it's such a good idea, is
it a "Pee+" original instead of a show heading to CBS?!

>     Streaming service news--Peacock
>

> Garret Dillahunt, Nolan North, Elijah Richardson Among 6 Cast In
> Peacock’s Satanic Panic Thriller Series ‘Hysteria!’  (Feb. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/garret-dillahunt-nolan-north-cast-peacock-satanic-panic-series-hysteria-1235840792/

Maybe.

> Yvonne Strahovski Joins Peacock’s Ian McCulloch/James Wan Horror Drama
> ‘Teacup’  (Feb. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/yvonne-strahovski-cast-peacock-ian-mcculloch-james-wan-teacup-1235840752/

Also a maybe.

> ‘Lockerbie’: Catherine McCormack To Co-Star Alongside Colin Firth In
> Sky/Peacock Limited Series  (Feb. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/lockerbie-catherine-mccormack-colin-firth-sky-peacock-series-1235840360/

When I heard about this, I looked it up, as I hadn't heard her name in a
long time - 1998's "Dangerous Beauty" is on The Hulu!! ;p

> Peacock’s ‘Long Bright River’ Adds Ashleigh Cummings, Callum Vinson &
> John Doman To Cast  (Feb. 27)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/long-bright-river-adds-ashleigh-cummings-callum-vinson-john-doman-1235839646/

This is one of those shows that, theoretically, I would give a look. But
practically I don't have enough time to spend on TV watching to ever
actually get to it...

>     Streaming service news--Other services
>

> ‘Babylon Berlin’ Finds New U.S. Home On Newly-Merged MHz Choice & Topic
> Streaming Platform  (Feb. 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/babylon-berlin-mhz-choice-topic-netflix-1235840457/

Yeah, you know it's bad when two streaming services that no one has ever
even heard of are merging (to form one streaming service that no one has
ever heard of!!).

> Nicola Coughlan & Lydia West-Led Series ‘Big Mood’ To Premiere In U.S.
> Via Tubi  (Feb. 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/02/big-mood-series-us-premiere-tubi-1235841650/

Now, with an incredibly ugly new logo!!

>     Ratings
>

> Wendy Williams Documentary Draws Strong Ratings For Lifetime, Beating
> ‘The Prison Confessions Of Gypsy Rose Blanchard’  (March 1)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/wendy-williams-documentary-ratings-lifetime-where-is-wendy-williams-1235843430/
>

> ‘The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live’ Stakes Out AMC’s Best Premiere
> Viewership In 6 Years (March 1)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-walking-dead-the-ones-who-live-premiere-viewership-amc-1235843107/

[roll]

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024

<us0evh$24pv3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217716&group=rec.arts.tv#217716

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 00:07:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 00:07 UTC

>Sat, 2 Mar 2024 17:34:58 -0500, Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid>:

>>'Beacon 23' Unveils Season 2 Trailer, Premiere Date At MGM+ (Feb. 26)

>>https://deadline.com/video/beacon-23-season-2-trailer-premiere-date-mgm-plus/

>Still need to finish off season one.

I watched it. I won't tell you that it wasn't a slog, although some
episodes weren't bad.

The set -- physical and virtual -- looked nice.

>>Noma Dumezweni Joins Alexander Skarsgard In Apple Sci-Fi Series
>>'Murderbot' (March 1)

>>https://deadline.com/2024/03/noma-dumezweni-alexander-skarsgard-apple-murderbot-1235842969/

>Hmm, not familiar with the book but this sounds like it should be a
>comedy based on the description of a robot that just wants to watch
>soap operas like the YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS.

Hahahahahaha

Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024

<l4i7d4FctvsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217729&group=rec.arts.tv#217729

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 21:59:41 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 02:59 UTC

Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 3/2/24 2:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>

>>      The business of TV
>>

>> BBC Studios Buys ITV Out Of Joint Streamer BritBox International For
>> $321M  (Feb. 29)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/02/bbc-studios-buys-itv-out-britbox-international-1235842794/
>>

> Probably a bad deal for U.S. subscribers, if ITV programming goes away
> as part of the deal (and, as per usge for Deadline, the article makes no
> mention of this aspect of the deal...).

I've wondered about this, as I subscribe to Britbox. At least for now, I
expect both BBC and ITV programming will remain available in the US,
since, while both broadcasters are developing their own streaming
services, both are limited to UK audiences:

--the BBC has iPlayer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_iPlayer

--ITV has ITVX: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITVX

Neither one is developing an international streamer so far as I've heard.

--Robin