From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 18:52:26 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 23:52 UTC

On Sat, 2 Mar 2024 17:34:58 -0500, Robin Miller
<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> CBS news
>

>‘Blue Bloods’ Says Goodbye To Treat Williams In Show Tribute (March 2)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/blue-bloods-says-goodbye-treat-williams-show-tribute-1235843755/

:(

>Sylvester Stallone’s Paramount+ Drama ‘Tulsa King’ To Get Summer Run On
>CBS (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/tulsa-king-sylvester-stallone-summer-run-cbs-paramount-plus-1235840923/

Cool. I enjoyed the first season of this and am looking forward to a
second season.

>‘The Young And The Restless’ Renewed For Four More Seasons (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-young-and-the-restless-renewed-four-more-years-1235839579/

LOL. I can remember my parents watching this every day after lunch.

> CW news
>

>‘The Outpost’ Alumna Jessica Green Joins ‘The Librarians: The Next
>Chapter’ CW Spinoff (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/the-outpost-jessica-green-the-librarians-cw-spinoff-1235840069/

Ian celebrates!

> Fox news
>

>‘Gordon Ramsay’s Food Stars’ Renewed For Season 2 By Fox As Filming
>Shifts From California To UK (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/gordon-ramsays-future-food-stars-season-2-fox-1235842862/

Guess he didn't like traveling for the show. Which makes you wonder
how close of an eye does he keep on the quality of the food at all of
his US restaurants.

> NBC news
>

>‘Suits L.A.’: Lex Scott Davis To Star Alongside Stephen Amell In NBC
>Pilot (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/suits-l-a-lex-scott-davis-stephen-amell-nbc-pilot-1235840900/

Means nothing to me.

> Cable channel news
>

>‘The Last Of Us’ Season 2 Casts Danny Ramirez, Ariela Barer, Tati
>Gabrielle & Spencer Lord [HBO] (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-last-of-us-season-2-cast-danny-ramirez-ariela-barer-tati-gabrielle-spencer-lord-manny-mel-owen-1235843027/
>

>‘Beacon 23’ Unveils Season 2 Trailer, Premiere Date At MGM+ (Feb. 26)
>
>https://deadline.com/video/beacon-23-season-2-trailer-premiere-date-mgm-plus/

Still need to finish off season one.

> Streaming service news--Amazon Freeve
>

>‘Alex Rider’ To End With Season 3, Premiere Date Set At Freevee (Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/alex-rider-canceled-season-3-freevee-1235841863/

>‘Foundation’: Tim Southam To Replace David S. Goyer As Season 3 Director
>[Apple TV+] (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/foundation-tim-southam-david-s-goyer-replacement-season-3-director-1235843367/

Never a good sign when they start replacing people.

>Noma Dumezweni Joins Alexander Skarsgård In Apple Sci-Fi Series
>‘Murderbot’ (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/noma-dumezweni-alexander-skarsgard-apple-murderbot-1235842969/

Hmm, not familiar with the book but this sounds like it should be a
comedy based on the description of a robot that just wants to watch
soap operas like the YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS.

>David Dastmalchian Joins Alexander Skarsgård In Apple Sci-Fi Series
>‘Murderbot’ (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/murderbot-series-david-dastmalchian-alexander-skarsgard-apple-1235840683/
>

>Apple Greenlights New Sci-Fi Drama Series ‘Neuromancer’ Based On William
>Gibson Novel (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/apple-greenlights-neuromancer-series-1235840840/

Let's hope they do the novel justice.

>James Badge Dale Joins Apple’s ‘The Savant’ Limited Series Starring
>Jessica Chastain (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/james-badge-dale-the-savant-jessica-chastain-apple-1235839778/
>

>Cush Jumbo Says ‘Criminal Record’ Season 2 Is Happening On Apple TV+
>(Feb. 25)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/cush-jumbo-criminal-record-season-2-apple-tv-plus-1235838224/
>

>‘NCIS’ Tony & Ziva Spinoff Series Starring Michael Weatherly & Cote de
>Pablo Ordered By Paramount+ (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/ncis-tony-ziva-spinoff-series-paramount-plus-1235840988/

I wonder if they can catch the lightning in a bottle again with this
show?

>Paramount+ Greenlights UK Thriller Series Set In World Where Men Live
>Under Strict Nightly Curfew (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/paramount-plus-curfew-sarah-parish-alexandra-burke-mandip-gill-1235839324/

Only men? So a 17 year old boy would be free to roam the streets but
have to stop at 18 years old?

>Yvonne Strahovski Joins Peacock’s Ian McCulloch/James Wan Horror Drama
>‘Teacup’ (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/yvonne-strahovski-cast-peacock-ian-mcculloch-james-wan-teacup-1235840752/

Not a huge fan of horror but I am of Yvonne so I may need to check
this out.

>‘Lockerbie’: Catherine McCormack To Co-Star Alongside Colin Firth In
>Sky/Peacock Limited Series (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/lockerbie-catherine-mccormack-colin-firth-sky-peacock-series-1235840360/
>

>Peacock’s ‘Long Bright River’ Adds Ashleigh Cummings, Callum Vinson &
>John Doman To Cast (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/long-bright-river-adds-ashleigh-cummings-callum-vinson-john-doman-1235839646/

> Streaming service news--Prime Video
>

>Prime Video To Premiere ‘Friends In Low Places’ Docuseries With Garth
>Brooks, Trisha Yearwood (Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/friends-in-low-places-docuseries-prime-video-premiere-date-garth-brooks-trisha-yearwood-1235841516/
>

>Benito Skinner’s ‘Overcompensating’ Lands Series Order At Prime Video
>(Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/benito-skinner-overcompensating-series-order-prime-video-charli-xcx-jonah-hill-1235839199/

> Streaming service news--Other services
>

>‘Babylon Berlin’ Finds New U.S. Home On Newly-Merged MHz Choice & Topic
>Streaming Platform (Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/babylon-berlin-mhz-choice-topic-netflix-1235840457/
>

>Nicola Coughlan & Lydia West-Led Series ‘Big Mood’ To Premiere In U.S.
>Via Tubi (Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/big-mood-series-us-premiere-tubi-1235841650/

> International series news
>

>SkyShowtime Art Crime Drama ‘Codename: Annika’ Hitting International
>Market Through Mediawan Rights (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/skyshowtime-annika-mediawan-rights-distributor-1235838337/

> Series in development
>

>Working Title Television Developing Series Version Of Scott Alexander
>Howard Debut ‘The Other Valley’ (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/working-title-television-scott-alexander-howard-the-other-valley-1235842893/
>

>Wiip Acquires Jennifer Lynn Barnes’ YA Novel ‘Little White Lies’ For TV
>Series Development (Feb. 26)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/little-white-lies-jennifer-lynn-barnes-ya-novel-tv-series-wiip-1235836221/

> Ratings
>

>Wendy Williams Documentary Draws Strong Ratings For Lifetime, Beating
>‘The Prison Confessions Of Gypsy Rose Blanchard’ (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/wendy-williams-documentary-ratings-lifetime-where-is-wendy-williams-1235843430/
>

>‘The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live’ Stakes Out AMC’s Best Premiere
>Viewership In 6 Years (March 1)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-walking-dead-the-ones-who-live-premiere-viewership-amc-1235843107/

Haven't watched it but a friend of mine who has kept up with the
series says that the first episode was the first truly good episode in
the series in years.

>‘Mr & Mrs Smith’ Sneaks Up Nielsen Charts In Debut Week; ‘True
>Detective’ Gets Viewership Boost Due To Adjusted Measurement Strategy
>(Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/nielsen-ratings-mr-and-mrs-smith-premiere-amazon-true-detective-hbo-1235842459/

I found the first episodes of MR & MRS SMITH to be okay, but not
compelling TV.

>‘Tracker’ Leads Strong Mid-Season Premiere Week For CBS As Scripted Hits
>Return In Full Force (Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/cbs-mid-season-premiere-ratings-ghosts-young-sheldon-ncis-tracker-1235841788/
>

>Fox News Tops February Ratings But MSNBC Shows Year-To-Year Growth;
>‘Gutfeld!’ Tops Demo, CNN Sees Gain From ‘United States Of Scandal’
>(Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/fox-news-ratings-msnbc-cnn-1235840722/
>

>‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ Tops Netflix TV List, But Swedish Thriller
>‘The Abyss’ Is Week’s Most-Watched Title (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/avatar-the-last-airbender-the-abyss-most-watched-netflix-1235839720/

> The business of TV
>

>BBC Studios Buys ITV Out Of Joint Streamer BritBox International For
>$321M (Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/bbc-studios-buys-itv-out-britbox-international-1235842794/
>

>Planned Disney-Fox-WBD Bundle “Only Has A Subset Of Sports”, Paramount
>CEO Bob Bakish Says: “It’s Hard To Believe That’s Ideal” (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/disney-fox-wbd-sports-streaming-bundle-paramount-ceo-bob-bakish-1235841387/
>

>Paramount Global Says It Will Take $1B Charge Related To Layoffs And
>Content Strategy Shifts (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/paramount-global-billion-charge-layoffs-content-shifts-1235841287/
>

>Fox Corp. Streaming Service Tubi Introduces New Logo And Brand Identity
>(Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/tubi-fox-corp-streaming-service-new-logo-rebrand-1235840607/

Apparently this is loved by the RAT faithfuls. LOL. Why do they do
this?

>Fifth Season Selling $1B Worth Of Apple TV+ Content At London TV
>Screenings Including Jason Momoa, Nicole Kidman, M. Night Shyamalan
>Shows (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/fifth-season-apple-jason-momoa-nicole-kidman-m-night-shyamalan-london-tv-screenings-1235835105/
>

>Universal TV’s Erin Underhill On Studio Procedurals’ Strong Return,
>Renewal Status On Wolf Dramas & ‘The Equalizer’, Future Of ‘Quantum
>Leap’ & More (Feb. 27)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/universal-tv-boss-wolf-dramas-renewals-the-equalizer-quantum-leap-1235838979/
>

>‘Dope Girls’: Bad Wolf Adopts U.S.-Style Pilot Strategy On Upcoming BBC
>Series & Will Shop Ep 1 At London & LA Screenings (Feb. 26)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/bad-wolf-dope-girls-doctor-who-pilot-approach-1235830766/

> Other News
>

>Emma Caulfield Ford Updates Health After MS Reveal (March 2)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/emma-caulfield-ford-updates-health-1235843766/

Glad to hear that she's not experiencing the symptoms of the disease.

>‘Coyote Vs. Acme’: Will Forte Tells Fans It’s Looking Like They’ll Never
>See Axed Looney Tunes Animated Pic (Feb. 29)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/coyote-vs-acme-will-forte-1235841900/
>

>Rockefeller Plaza To Be Temporarily Renamed Olivia Benson Plaza For
>‘SVU’ Anniversary (Feb. 28)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/rockefeller-plaza-temporarily-renamed-olivia-benson-plaza-svu-anniversary-1235841550/
>

>Streamers Will Not Be Regulated Fully In UK For Another Two Years (Feb. 26)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/02/streamers-regulte-ofcom-two-years-media-bill-netflix-disney-amazon-1235838314/

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o TV news for Feb. 25-March 2, 2024

By: Robin Miller on Sat, 2 Mar 2024