Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet? -- Lily Tomlin

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

SubjectAuthor
* TV news for March 24-30, 2024Robin Miller
+* Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024Adam H. Kerman
|+- Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024shawn
|+- Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024suzeeq
|`- Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024BTR1701
+* Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024Ian J. Ball
|+- Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024Adam H. Kerman
|+- Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024BTR1701
|`- Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024anim8rfsk
+- Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024Dimensional Traveler
`* Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024BTR1701
 `* Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024anim8rfsk
  +- Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024Dimensional Traveler
  `- Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024BTR1701

1
TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<l6rh49Flr7vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220465&group=rec.arts.tv#220465

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: TV news for March 24-30, 2024
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 18:13:22 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 22:13 UTC

ABC news

John Ortiz Joins ‘Will Trent’ In A Recurring Role For Season 2 (March 25)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/will-trent-john-ortiz-season-2-1235867851/

CBS news

‘NCIS: Origins’ Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez To Cast
(March 26)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/ncis-origins-prequel-tyla-abercrumbie-diany-rodriguez-1235868186/

CW news

‘All American’ Cast Teases What’s Ahead For Season 6: “We’re Getting
Back To Home Base” (March 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/all-american-season-6-teaser-what-happens-the-cw-1235871817/

‘All American’s Hunter Clowdus Exits CW Series Ahead Of Season 6 (March 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/all-american-hunter-clowdus-exit-season-6-1235871675/

‘All American: Homecoming’ Showrunner Gives Update On Season 3 & Teases
“New Direction” For CW Series (March 28)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/all-american-homecoming-season-3-update-new-direction-nkechi-okoro-carroll-1235870230/

NBC news

NBC’s ‘Found’ Adds Dionne Gipson To Season 2 (March 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/nbcs-found-cast-dionne-gipson-to-season-2-1235872023/

‘Chicago Fire’ Adds Jocelyn Hudon To Season 12 (March 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/chicago-fire-jocelyn-hudon-cast-season-12-1235871911/

Keith Urban Joins ‘The Voice’ as Mentor (March 25)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/keith-urban-the-voice-us-mega-mentor-1235867519/

Cable channel news

‘Orphan Black: Echoes’ Gets Premiere Date At AMC & AMC+ (March 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/orphan-black-echoes-premiere-date-amc-krysten-ritter-1235872059/

["Created by Anna Fishko, set in the near future, 'Orphan Black: Echoes'
takes a deep dive into the exploration of the scientific manipulation of
human existence. It follows a group of women as they weave their way
into each other’s lives and embark on a thrilling journey, unravelling
the mystery of their identity and uncovering a wrenching story of love
and betrayal. Krysten Ritter plays Lucy, a woman with an unimaginable
origin story, trying to find her place in the world"; premiere is
Sunday, June 23]

‘The Jinx – Part Two’ Drops Trailer For Robert Durst Docuseries Sequel
That Promises New Witnesses & Hidden Material [HBO] (March 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-jinx-part-2-trailer-robert-durst-docuseries-sequel-1235870098/

‘Power Book III: Raising Kanan’ Renewed For Season 5 On Starz (March 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/power-book-iii-raising-kanan-renewed-season-5-1235869689/

Sterlin Harjo’s FX Drama Pilot Adds 8 Including Keith David, Jeanne
Tripplehorn & Kyle Maclachlan (March 26)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-sensitive-kind-sterlin-harjos-fx-pilot-keith-david-jeanne-tripplehorn-kyle-maclachlan-cast-1235868980/

["Sterlin Harjo‘s FX pilot The Sensitive Kind has added 8 actors to star
alongside executive producer and lead Ethan Hawke. ... The Sensitive
Kind is a Tulsa noir about a guy (Hawke) who knows too much. Roles for
the newly added cast are being kept under wraps."]

‘Hacks’ Season 3: How Jean Smart, Hannah Einbinder, Lucia Aniello, Paul
W. Downs & Jen Statsky Navigated Strikes & Setbacks To Bring Back A
Beloved Show [HBO] (March 26)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/hacks-season-3-jean-smart-hannah-einbinder-lucia-aniello-paul-w-downs-jen-statsky-interview-1235868843/

‘Earth Abides’: MGM+ Greenlights Limited Series Adaptation Of George R.
Stewart Sci-Fi Novel (March 26)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/earth-abides-mgm-greenlights-limited-series-adaptation-george-r-stewart-sci-fi-novel-1235868087/

[" The six-episode limited series will star Alexander Ludwig (Vikings)
as Ish; production will begin in Vancouver on April 8. Earth Abides is
slated to premiere on MGM+ in late 2024. When a plague of unprecedented
virulence sweeps the globe, the human race is all but wiped out. In the
aftermath, as the great machine of civilization slowly and inexorably
breaks down, only a few shattered survivors remain to struggle against
the slide into extinction."]

‘Euphoria’ Season 3 Shoot Delayed, HBO Series Still Targeting 2025
Return (March 25)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/euphoria-season-3-delayed-premiere-hbo-1235867238/

Streaming service news--Apple TV+

‘Invasion’ Rounds Out Season 3 Cast With Ashton Sanders & Eric Lange
(March 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/invasion-season-3-cast-ashton-sanders-eric-lange-1235871794/

Mark Tallman, Hoon Lee, Lena Hall Join ‘Your Friends And Neighbors’
Apple Series (March 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/mark-tallman-hoon-lee-lena-hall-your-friends-and-neighbors-jon-hamm-apple-1235869088/

John Leguizamo Joins Taron Egerton In Apple Drama Series ‘Firebug’; Kari
Skogland To Direct & EP (March 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/john-leguizamo-taron-egerton-apple-drama-series-firebug-kari-skogland-direct-1235869835/

["loosely inspired by true events, Firebug will follow a troubled
detective and an enigmatic arson investigator (Egerton) as they pursue
the trails of two serial arsonists."]

‘American Fiction’ Star Erika Alexander Lands Series Regular Role In
Apple’s ‘Invasion’ For Season 3 (March 27)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/invasion-cast-erika-alexander-season-3-1235869595/

Elisabeth Moss & Kerry Washington To Star In ‘Imperfect Women’ Series
Adaptation At Apple From Annie Weisman (March 26)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/imperfect-women-elisabeth-moss-kerry-washington-apple-tv-1235868624/

["The book tells the story of Nancy Hennessy, who is murdered and leaves
behind two best friends, an adoring husband and daughter, and a secret
lover whose identity she took to the grave. Nancy was gorgeous, wealthy,
and cherished by those who knew her—from the outside, her life was
perfect. But as the investigation into her death flounders and her
friends Eleanor and Mary wrestle with their grief, dark details surface
that reveal how little they knew their friend, each other, and maybe
even themselves."]

Catherine O’Hara, Kathryn Hahn, Ike Barinholtz & Chase Sui Wonders To
Star In Seth Rogen’s Movie Studio Comedy Series For Apple (March 25)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/seth-rogen-the-studio-apple-tv-1235867843/

["Seth Rogen is parodying a legacy Hollywood movie studio trying to
survive in a world where it is increasingly difficult for art and
commerce to live together and he’s got quite the ensemble together for it."]

‘The Last Thing He Told Me’ Renewed For Second Season By Apple TV+
(March 25)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-last-thing-he-told-me-renewed-second-season-apple-tv-1235866354/

["Apple TV+ has picked up a second season of The Last Thing He Told Me,
which will be based on the forthcoming sequel to the bestselling novel
by Laura Dave. ... Season 2 will expand the story, with stars Jennifer
Garner, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Angourie Rice and David Morse set to
reprise their roles. The thriller from 20th Television and Reese
Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine follows Hannah Hall (Garner), who must
forge a relationship with her 16-year-old stepdaughter Bailey (Rice) in
order to find the truth about why her husband has mysteriously
disappeared."]

Streaming service news--Hulu

‘Death And Other Details’ Canceled By Hulu After One Season (March 29)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/death-and-other-details-canceled-hulu-no-season-2-1235871415/

‘Under The Bridge’ Trailer: Lily Gladstone & Riley Keough Search For A
Killer In Hulu Series (March 25)

https://deadline.com/video/under-the-bridge-trailer-lily-gladstone-riley-keough-hulu/

["Hulu has dropped the official trailer for Under the Bridge, its
upcoming eight-episode limited series starring Lily Gladstone, Riley
Keough and Archie Panjabi, ahead of its April 17 premiere. Under the
Bridge is based on Rebecca Godfrey’s book about the 1997 true story of
14-year old Reena Virk who went to join friends at a party and never
returned home. Through the eyes of Godfrey (Keough) and a local police
officer (Gladstone), the series takes us into the hidden world of the
young girls accused of the murder — revealing startling truths about the
unlikely killer, per the official description."]

Streaming service news--Max

Noah Wyle To Headline ‘The Pitt’ Drama Series At Max; R. Scott Gemmill
Set As Showrunner (March 26)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/noah-wyle-the-pitt-drama-series-max-r-scott-gemmill-showrunner-1235868532/

["Max has given a 15-episode, straight-to-series order to drama The
Pitt, starring and executive produced by Noah Wyle (ER, The Librarians).
.... The Pitt is a realistic examination of the challenges facing
healthcare workers in today’s America as seen through the lens of the
frontline heroes working in a modern-day hospital in Pittsburgh."]

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<uua872$19mni$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220467&group=rec.arts.tv#220467

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 23:45:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 23:45 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> CBS news

>NCIS: Origins Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez To Cast
>(March 26)

Just say "no"

>Orphan Black: Echoes Gets Premiere Date At AMC & AMC+ (March 29)

I'll try it but I don't see how they can recapture the magic.

>Noah Wyle To Headline ‘The Pitt’ Drama Series At Max; R. Scott Gemmill
>Set As Showrunner (March 26)

and the pendulum?

>https://deadline.com/2024/03/noah-wyle-the-pitt-drama-series-max-r-scott-gemmill-showrunner-1235868532/

>["Max has given a 15-episode, straight-to-series order to drama The
>Pitt, starring and executive produced by Noah Wyle (ER, The Librarians).
>... The Pitt is a realistic examination of the challenges facing
>healthcare workers in today's America as seen through the lens of the
>frontline heroes working in a modern-day hospital in Pittsburgh."]

Back to ER.

>Doctor Who Showrunner Says Disney+ Deal Had To Happen As Demise Of The
>BBC Is Undoubtedly On Its Way (March 28)

Huh? What does he know that the British public does not? Are they
eliminating the tv and radio tax?

>Paramount Global Credit Rating Cut To Junk Status By S&P Due To
>"Downside Ratings Pressure" On Its TV Business (March 27)

Wow. Less of a future than the C-Wub.

>NCIS, Shameless Actor Nolan Freeman Arrested For Allegedly Storming
>The Capitol On January 6 (March 29)

They just noticed?

>Leverage Star Gina Bellman Reveals Her Cancer Diagnosis (March 24)

I'm sorry to hear this.

Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<io9h0jtdkmks23t7gid0eua4a2bu9rd037@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220470&group=rec.arts.tv#220470

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 20:00:56 -0400
 by: shawn - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:00 UTC

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 23:45:38 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> CBS news
>
>>NCIS: Origins Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez To Cast
>>(March 26)
>
>Just say "no"
>
>>Orphan Black: Echoes Gets Premiere Date At AMC & AMC+ (March 29)
>
>I'll try it but I don't see how they can recapture the magic.
>
>>Noah Wyle To Headline ‘The Pitt’ Drama Series At Max; R. Scott Gemmill
>>Set As Showrunner (March 26)
>
>and the pendulum?
>
>>https://deadline.com/2024/03/noah-wyle-the-pitt-drama-series-max-r-scott-gemmill-showrunner-1235868532/
>
>>["Max has given a 15-episode, straight-to-series order to drama The
>>Pitt, starring and executive produced by Noah Wyle (ER, The Librarians).
>>... The Pitt is a realistic examination of the challenges facing
>>healthcare workers in today's America as seen through the lens of the
>>frontline heroes working in a modern-day hospital in Pittsburgh."]
>
>Back to ER.

I think they should be calling it THE PIT.

>>Doctor Who Showrunner Says Disney+ Deal Had To Happen As Demise Of The
>>BBC Is Undoubtedly On Its Way (March 28)
>
>Huh? What does he know that the British public does not? Are they
>eliminating the tv and radio tax?

Doubtful, but they may not be increasing the tax.

>>Paramount Global Credit Rating Cut To Junk Status By S&P Due To
>>"Downside Ratings Pressure" On Its TV Business (March 27)
>
>Wow. Less of a future than the C-Wub.

But it is still in business.

>>NCIS, Shameless Actor Nolan Freeman Arrested For Allegedly Storming
>>The Capitol On January 6 (March 29)
>
>They just noticed?
>
>>Leverage Star Gina Bellman Reveals Her Cancer Diagnosis (March 24)
>
>I'm sorry to hear this.

Ack! Let's hope her treatment goes well.

Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<uuaatj$1a9k4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220472&group=rec.arts.tv#220472

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:31:47 -1000
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:31 UTC

On 2024-03-30 22:13:22 +0000, Robin Miller said:

> CBS news
>

> ‘NCIS: Origins’ Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez To Cast
> (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/ncis-origins-prequel-tyla-abercrumbie-diany-rodriguez-1235868186/

Pass.

> NBC news
>

> ‘Chicago Fire’ Adds Jocelyn Hudon To Season 12 (March 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/chicago-fire-jocelyn-hudon-cast-season-12-1235871911/

Wow. This is really quite incredible. Good choice to replace Kilmer.
Definitely increases the odds I'll watch "Fire" now, esp. if she sticks
around beyond season #12.

> Cable channel news
>

> ‘Orphan Black: Echoes’ Gets Premiere Date At AMC & AMC+ (March 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/orphan-black-echoes-premiere-date-amc-krysten-ritter-1235872059/
>

> ["Created by Anna Fishko, set in the near future, 'Orphan Black:
> Echoes' takes a deep dive into the exploration of the scientific
> manipulation of human existence. It follows a group of women as they
> weave their way into each other’s lives and embark on a thrilling
> journey, unravelling the mystery of their identity and uncovering a
> wrenching story of love and betrayal. Krysten Ritter plays Lucy, a
> woman with an unimaginable origin story, trying to find her place in
> the world"; premiere is Sunday, June 23]

Someone can tell me if this is any good, as I ain't watching. (FTR, I
thought the original "Orphan Black" was a mess, which Maslany's
performance couldn't make up for...)

> Sterlin Harjo’s FX Drama Pilot Adds 8 Including Keith David, Jeanne
> Tripplehorn & Kyle Maclachlan (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-sensitive-kind-sterlin-harjos-fx-pilot-keith-david-jeanne-tripplehorn-kyle-maclachlan-cast-1235868980/
>

> ["Sterlin Harjo‘s FX pilot The Sensitive Kind has added 8 actors to
> star alongside executive producer and lead Ethan Hawke. ... The
> Sensitive Kind is a Tulsa noir about a guy (Hawke) who knows too much.
> Roles for the newly added cast are being kept under wraps."]

Maybe...

> ‘Earth Abides’: MGM+ Greenlights Limited Series Adaptation Of George R.
> Stewart Sci-Fi Novel (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/earth-abides-mgm-greenlights-limited-series-adaptation-george-r-stewart-sci-fi-novel-1235868087/
>

> [" The six-episode limited series will star Alexander Ludwig (Vikings)
> as Ish; production will begin in Vancouver on April 8. Earth Abides is
> slated to premiere on MGM+ in late 2024. When a plague of unprecedented
> virulence sweeps the globe, the human race is all but wiped out. In the
> aftermath, as the great machine of civilization slowly and inexorably
> breaks down, only a few shattered survivors remain to struggle against
> the slide into extinction."]

Definitely interested in this. Too bad it's stuck on MGM+ - hopefully
Amazon Prime will rescue it.

> ‘Euphoria’ Season 3 Shoot Delayed, HBO Series Still Targeting 2025
> Return (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/euphoria-season-3-delayed-premiere-hbo-1235867238/

I still maintain this show will never see a season #3.

> Streaming service news--Apple TV+
>

> ‘Invasion’ Rounds Out Season 3 Cast With Ashton Sanders & Eric Lange (March 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/invasion-season-3-cast-ashton-sanders-eric-lange-1235871794/

F***! Eric Lange means that I may have to watch this show!! [cries]

> Elisabeth Moss & Kerry Washington To Star In ‘Imperfect Women’ Series
> Adaptation At Apple From Annie Weisman (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/imperfect-women-elisabeth-moss-kerry-washington-apple-tv-1235868624/
>

> ["The book tells the story of Nancy Hennessy, who is murdered and
> leaves behind two best friends, an adoring husband and daughter, and a
> secret lover whose identity she took to the grave. Nancy was gorgeous,
> wealthy, and cherished by those who knew her—from the outside, her life
> was perfect. But as the investigation into her death flounders and her
> friends Eleanor and Mary wrestle with their grief, dark details surface
> that reveal how little they knew their friend, each other, and maybe
> even themselves."]

Pass.

> ‘The Last Thing He Told Me’ Renewed For Second Season By Apple TV+ (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-last-thing-he-told-me-renewed-second-season-apple-tv-1235866354/
>

> ["Apple TV+ has picked up a second season of The Last Thing He Told Me,
> which will be based on the forthcoming sequel to the bestselling novel
> by Laura Dave. ... Season 2 will expand the story, with stars Jennifer
> Garner, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Angourie Rice and David Morse set to
> reprise their roles. The thriller from 20th Television and Reese
> Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine follows Hannah Hall (Garner), who must
> forge a relationship with her 16-year-old stepdaughter Bailey (Rice) in
> order to find the truth about why her husband has mysteriously
> disappeared."]

[sigh...] This is just not the kind of show I have time for!

> Streaming service news--Hulu
>

> ‘Under The Bridge’ Trailer: Lily Gladstone & Riley Keough Search For A
> Killer In Hulu Series (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/video/under-the-bridge-trailer-lily-gladstone-riley-keough-hulu/
>

> ["Hulu has dropped the official trailer for Under the Bridge, its
> upcoming eight-episode limited series starring Lily Gladstone, Riley
> Keough and Archie Panjabi, ahead of its April 17 premiere. Under the
> Bridge is based on Rebecca Godfrey’s book about the 1997 true story of
> 14-year old Reena Virk who went to join friends at a party and never
> returned home. Through the eyes of Godfrey (Keough) and a local police
> officer (Gladstone), the series takes us into the hidden world of the
> young girls accused of the murder — revealing startling truths about
> the unlikely killer, per the official description."]

Crap. I will probably want to watch this...

> Streaming service news--Netflix
>

> [snip]

F*** Netflix!

> Streaming service news--Paramount+
>

> Paramount+ Removes 10 Nickelodeon Titles Including ‘Blue’s Clues &
> You!’ & ‘Rugrats’ Series (March 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/paramount-plus-removes-nickelodeon-titles-blues-clues-and-you-rugrats-1235871181/

F*** Paramount!

(And more proof that Paramount is basically bankrupt. I mean what other
reason do they have for removing "That Girl Lay-Lay"?!!)

> Streaming service news--Peacock
>

> Ariana Madix Officially Replaces Sarah Hyland As Host Of ‘Love Island’
> (March 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/ariana-madix-love-island-usa-1235871740/

[roll]

> NFL Slates September Game In Brazil, Streaming Exclusively On Peacock
> (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/nfl-2024-season-brazil-streaming-peacock-prime-video-1235868694/
>

>:|

> Elizabeth Banks & Matthew Macfadyen Headline & EP ‘The Miniature Wife’
> Dramedy Series Ordered By Peacock From Media Res (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/elizabeth-banks-matthew-macfadyen-the-miniature-wife-comedy-peacock-media-res-1235867664/
>

> ["Based on the short story written by Manuel Gonzalez, The Miniature
> Wife is a high-concept marital dramedy examining the power (im)balances
> between spouses, Lindy (Banks) and Les (Macfadyen), who battle each
> other for supremacy after a technological accident induces the ultimate
> relationship crisis."]

Uh....?...

> Streaming service news--Prime Video
>

> Louis Landau Joins Prime Video’s Spy Thriller ‘Butterfly’ As Series
> Regular (March 27)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/butterfly-tv-series-adds-louis-landau-to-cast-1235869792/
>

> ["Co-created by Ken Woodruff (The Mentalist, Gotham) and novelist Steph
> Cha, Butterfly explores complex family dynamics within the treacherous
> world of global espionage."]

Any relation to the other Landaus?...

> ‘The Terminal List: Dark Wolf’ Adds Robert Wisdom, Shiraz Tzarfati &
> Rona-Lee Shim’on (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-terminal-list-dark-wolf-cast-robert-wisdom-shiraz-tzarfati-rona-lee-shimon-1235868764/
>

> ["Co-created by The Terminal List author Jack Carr and Season 1
> creator-showrunner David DiGilio, the prequel, set five years before
> the mothership series The Terminal List, is an elevated espionage
> thriller that takes viewers on Ben Edwards’ (Taylor Kitsch) journey
> from Navy SEAL to CIA paramilitary operator, exploring the darker side
> of warfare and the human cost that comes with it."]

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<uuabk0$21qlf$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220474&group=rec.arts.tv#220474

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:43:44 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:43 UTC

On 3/30/2024 4:45 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> CBS news
>
>> NCIS: Origins Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez To Cast
>> (March 26)
>
> Just say "no"
>
>> Orphan Black: Echoes Gets Premiere Date At AMC & AMC+ (March 29)
>
> I'll try it but I don't see how they can recapture the magic.

It's not quite the same, but still intriguing.

Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<uuac3a$1ah9b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220475&group=rec.arts.tv#220475

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:51:55 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:51 UTC

On 3/30/2024 3:13 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> ‘Orphan Black: Echoes’ Gets Premiere Date At AMC & AMC+  (March 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/orphan-black-echoes-premiere-date-amc-krysten-ritter-1235872059/

Finally!

> ‘Earth Abides’: MGM+ Greenlights Limited Series Adaptation Of George R.
> Stewart Sci-Fi Novel  (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/earth-abides-mgm-greenlights-limited-series-adaptation-george-r-stewart-sci-fi-novel-1235868087/
>
> [" The six-episode limited series will star Alexander Ludwig (Vikings)
> as Ish; production will begin in Vancouver on April 8. Earth Abides is
> slated to premiere on MGM+ in late 2024. When a plague of unprecedented
> virulence sweeps the globe, the human race is all but wiped out. In the
> aftermath, as the great machine of civilization slowly and inexorably
> breaks down, only a few shattered survivors remain to struggle against
> the slide into extinction."]

I get the feeling the only thing this will have in common with the book
it the name and an apocalyptic plague.

> ‘The Penguin’: Colin Farrell Calls ‘The Batman’ Spinoff Max Series
> “Incredibly Violent” & “Really Dark”  (March 25)

I take it as a sign of the decline of Western Civilization that we have
so many movies and shows with psychopathic mass-murders being the lead
and center of the show or movie.

> Elizabeth Banks & Matthew Macfadyen Headline & EP ‘The Miniature Wife’
> Dramedy Series Ordered By Peacock From Media Res  (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/elizabeth-banks-matthew-macfadyen-the-miniature-wife-comedy-peacock-media-res-1235867664/
>
> ["Based on the short story written by Manuel Gonzalez, The Miniature
> Wife is a high-concept marital dramedy examining the power (im)balances
> between spouses, Lindy (Banks) and Les (Macfadyen), who battle each
> other for supremacy after a technological accident induces the ultimate
> relationship crisis."]

That word salad synopsis it not a good sign.

> ‘Invincible’ Recasts Ezra Miller’s Role In Season 2 Of Prime Video
> Animated Series  (March 29)

Miller's career was a Flash on the screen. *ducks and runs*

>     The business of TV
>

> ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner Says Disney+ Deal Had To Happen As Demise Of The
> BBC Is “Undoubtedly On Its Way”  (March 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/doctor-who-russell-t-davies-bbc-on-its-way-disney-plus-1235870522/
>

> BBC Commissioned Half Of All UK TV Scripted Shows Last Year, Ampere
> Research Finds  (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/bbc-scripted-research-ampere-analysis-1235867117/

BBC's demise is undoubtedly on its way while it is commissioning half of
all UK scripted shows.... Uh huh.

dirty old man.

Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<uuac63$1ae6j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220476&group=rec.arts.tv#220476

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:53:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:53 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2024-03-30 22:13:22 +0000, Robin Miller said:

>> CBS news
>>NCIS: Origins Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez To Cast
>>(March 26)
>>https://deadline.com/2024/03/ncis-origins-prequel-tyla-abercrumbie-diany-rodriguez-1235868186/

>Pass.

Just say "no".

>> NBC news
>>Orphan Black: Echoes Gets Premiere Date At AMC & AMC+ (March 29)

>Someone can tell me if this is any good, as I ain't watching. (FTR, I
>thought the original "Orphan Black" was a mess, which Maslany's
>performance couldn't make up for...)

We watched it for HER and her multiple characters, especially Helena.
The plot and writing were snarkable.

>Definitely interested in this. Too bad it's stuck on MGM+ - hopefully
>Amazon Prime will rescue it.

I like MGM+. There's a choice of satellite, on demand, or streaming.

Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<s72cndIKGqOGU5X7nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220489&group=rec.arts.tv#220489

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 02:44:43 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 02:44 UTC

On Mar 30, 2024 at 3:13:22 PM PDT, "Robin Miller"
<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> NCIS: ORIGINS Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez to Cast
> (March 26)

Is this going back to the post-WWII era to show us how NCIS was created?

Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<s72cnc0KGqPLU5X7nZ2dnZfqn_oAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220490&group=rec.arts.tv#220490

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 02:45:42 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 02:45 UTC

On Mar 30, 2024 at 4:45:38 PM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Orphan Black: Echoes Gets Premiere Date At AMC & AMC+ (March 29)
>
> I'll try it but I don't see how they can recapture the magic.

Or find an actress with so many twin sisters to play all the parts!

Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<s72cncwKGqNzU5X7nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220491&group=rec.arts.tv#220491

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 02:48:14 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 02:48 UTC

On Mar 30, 2024 at 5:31:47 PM PDT, "Ian J. Ball" <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2024-03-30 22:13:22 +0000, Robin Miller said:
>
>> Arnold Schwarzenegger Shares Photo Of His “Pacemaker,” Says He’ll Be
>> Ready To Shoot ‘FUBAR’ Season 2 Next Month (March 28)
>
> Did anyone here finish "FUBAR"?...

I did.

Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<740065183.733560169.283027.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220515&group=rec.arts.tv#220515

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 23:44:44 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 06:44 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Mar 30, 2024 at 3:13:22 PM PDT, "Robin Miller"
<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> NCIS: ORIGINS Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez to Cast
>> (March 26)
>
> Is this going back to the post-WWII era to show us how NCIS was created?

No, it’s after Shannon and Kelly were killed. It’s Mike Franks teaching
somebody who doesn’t look or sound anything like Mark Harmon, and even has
the wrong eyecolor to be an NIS agent.

Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<1799090249.733560049.448853.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220516&group=rec.arts.tv#220516

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 23:44:43 -0700
> [...]

>> https://deadline.com/2024/03/elizabeth-banks-matthew-macfadyen-the-miniature-wife-comedy-peacock-media-res-1235867664/
>>

>> ["Based on the short story written by Manuel Gonzalez, The Miniature
>> Wife is a high-concept marital dramedy examining the power (im)balances
>> between spouses, Lindy (Banks) and Les (Macfadyen), who battle each
>> other for supremacy after a technological accident induces the ultimate
>> relationship crisis."]
>
> Uh....?...
>

>> Streaming service news--Prime Video
>>

>> Louis Landau Joins Prime Video’s Spy Thriller ‘Butterfly’ As Series
>> Regular (March 27)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/03/butterfly-tv-series-adds-louis-landau-to-cast-1235869792/
>>

>> ["Co-created by Ken Woodruff (The Mentalist, Gotham) and novelist Steph
>> Cha, Butterfly explores complex family dynamics within the treacherous

<uuc40q$1ss4n$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220563&group=rec.arts.tv#220563

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 09:46:19 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 16:46 UTC

On 3/30/2024 11:44 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> On Mar 30, 2024 at 3:13:22 PM PDT, "Robin Miller"
> <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>> NCIS: ORIGINS Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez to Cast
>>> (March 26)
>>
>> Is this going back to the post-WWII era to show us how NCIS was created?
>>

> No, it’s after Shannon and Kelly were killed. It’s Mike Franks teaching
> somebody who doesn’t look or sound anything like Mark Harmon, and even has
> the wrong eyecolor to be an NIS agent.

NIS agents have to eyes of a certain color?

dirty old man.

Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

<atropos-27B139.13003631032024@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220595&group=rec.arts.tv#220595

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!newsfeed.bofh.team!3.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!proxad.net!feeder1-1.proxad.net!193.141.40.65.MISMATCH!npeer.as286.net!npeer-ng0.as286.net!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.netnews.com!netnews.com!s1-4.netnews.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr3.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.22.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 13:00:36 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 20:00 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 30, 2024 at 3:13:22 PM PDT, "Robin Miller"
> <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> >> NCIS: ORIGINS Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez to Cast
> >> (March 26)
> >
> > Is this going back to the post-WWII era to show us how NCIS was created?
> >
> No, it’s after Shannon and Kelly were killed. It’s Mike Franks teaching
> somebody who doesn’t look or sound anything like Mark Harmon, and even has
> the wrong eyecolor to be an NIS agent.

Too bad. A 1940s-1950s-era N(C)IS actually sounds interesting.