From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Selected programming for April 1-5, 2024
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 01:06:16 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 05:06 UTC

Previously released:

Older movies added to Netflix on Sunday: The first four Hunger Games
movies (all but the 2023 entry), Kill Bill parts 1 and 2, A Single Man
(2009, "This stream-of-consciousness drama centers on a day in the life
of a gay college professor who's reeling from his longtime lover's
recent death"), Zack and Miri Make a Porno (2008, "Zack and Miri make
and star in an adult film to bring in easy money. But their unspoken
feelings for each other might threaten the whole enterprise").

Monday, April 1

Streaming:

LOL: Last One Laughing Italy (complete season 4?) (12:01
am, Prime Video)

Vanderpump Villa [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)

Decadence and debauchery collide in "Vanderpump Villa," a new unscripted
docu-drama following Lisa Vanderpump's hand-selected staff as they work,
live, and play at an exclusive French estate: Chateau Rosabelle. Ten
episodes, the first three of which are released today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wTYEP-MaFw

The Magic Prank Show With Justin Willman [new; complete season
1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Magician, comedian and expert trickster Justin Willman and his crew pull
elaborate pranks on unsuspecting targets to help real people get payback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXda40ZiTS8

https://www.netflix.com/title/81428709

Bray Wyatt: Becoming Immortal (documentary) (3:01 am, Peacock)

Bray Wyatt is one of the most revered and mysterious characters in WWE
history. The story behind that character and the man himself, Windham
Rotunda, has never been documented until now. Using never-before seen
interviews and exclusive backstage footage, Windham Rotunda’s inspiring
story unfolds. This documentary chronicles Windham’s incredible rise to
worldwide fame as a WWE superstar, and the struggles and success that
came with being a creative visionary. Sadly, in August of 2023, Windham
passed away at the age of 36. In the wake of his untimely death, Windham
leaves behind a family still grieving with loss as they celebrate a
lasting legacy that continues to create and inspire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUtiqboJESg

Talk To Me (movie; streaming premiere) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

When a group of friends discover how to conjure spirits using an
embalmed hand, they become hooked on the new thrill, until one of them
goes too far and unleashes terrifying supernatural forces. 2022 film
starring no one you've ever heard of; 1h 35m.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10638522/ [rating 7.1]

Mute Witness (movie; streaming premiere) (3:01 am, Shudder)

A mute make-up artist working on a slasher movie being shot in Moscow is
locked in the studio after hours. While there, she witnesses a brutal
murder and must escape capture. 1995 film; 1h 35m.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3806538/mute-witness-coming-to-4k-from-arrow-video-and-streaming-courtesy-of-shudder/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110604/ [rating 6.7]

More to watch in April on Shudder and AMC+:

https://www.cabletv.com/horror/shudder-halfway-to-halloween

https://www.cabletv.com/shudder/what-to-watch

Broadcast and cable:

American Idol (time slot premiere) (8-10 pm, ABC)

2024 iHeartRadio Music Awards (live event) (8-10 pm, Fox)

https://www.iheart.com/music-awards/

All American (season 6 premiere) (8 pm, CW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPoHMh7-ZH4

Lovers and Liars [new; sneak peak] (9 pm, CW)

FBoy Island spinoff originally called FGirl Island, the competitive
dating reality series hosted by Nikki Glaser has three men seeking a
relationship among the 24 women--half who are in it for love and the
other half only looking to win $100,000.

Actual premiere is Thursday, April 11.

https://www.cwtv.com/shows/lovers-and-liars/

The Synanon Fix [new] (9 pm, HBO)

HBO's four-part docuseries examines the controversial, cult-like
addiction treatment center Synanon through the accounts of former
members. Runs through April 24.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Z8xMmly1M

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21822256/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synanon

The Interrogation Tapes [new] (10 pm, ABC)

The stunning new 20/20 true crime limited series. See the truth reveal
itself from inside the interrogation room. Six episodes running through
May 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzx3A2PWp0

https://abc.com/news/insider/watch-the-interrogation-tapes-true-crime-tv-series-on-abc-the-abc-app-hulu

Tuesday, April 2

Streaming:

Demetri Martin: Demetri Deconstructed (comedy special)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sguiPj6VX8c

https://www.netflix.com/title/81630186

Together: Treble Winners [new] (3:01 am, Netflix)

The immersive six-part docuseries charts Manchester City’s historic
Treble-winning season and brings you closer to this generational,
star-studded squad than ever before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-LZcToVK1M

https://www.netflix.com/title/81733186

Broadcast and cable:

Lopez vs Lopez (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, NBC)

Weakest Link (season 3 spring premiere) (9 pm, NBC)

Wednesday, April 3

Streaming:

Loot (season 2 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)

“Loot” returns a year after Molly Wells (Maya Rudolph) settles her very
public divorce from tech billionaire John Novak (Adam Scott), and we
find her thriving in her role as the head of her philanthropic
organization, the Wells Foundation. Focused mainly on her charity work,
Molly has sworn off any new relationships with men. "Loot" is led by
Emmy Award winner Maya Rudolph and also stars Michaela Jaé Rodriguez,
Nat Faxon, Ron Funches and Joel Kim Booster. 10 episodes; two stream
today, and the rest follow once weekly through May 29. Season one
streamed in June through August 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TWjRYzwjHI

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14271498/ [rating 6.8]

UFO Factory [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Hulu)

Fernando, a native of Argentina, arrives in Salgueiro, an almost
abandoned town in the heart of Galicia, Spain, looking for his
grandfather's birth certificate which he needs to apply for Spanish
citizenship. While there, the locals try to convince him to stay in the
town and assume the role of its leader, a role that Fernando's
grandfather successfully occupied until he fled to Argentina for no
apparent reason. Fernando believes the town could tap into UFO tourism
to revive its fortunes. The entire community is at the command of its
new leader, awaiting the arrival of aliens. Mexican series.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31888602/ [as "Fabricante de ovnis"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBfLOSfkba8

Crime Scene Berlin: Nightlife Killer [new; complete limited
series] (3:01 am, Netflix)

In 2012, a string of grisly murders sent shock waves through the Berlin
party scene. The killer remained at large — until one of his targets
survived. German limited series.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81566571

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8tycs4

Files of the Unexplained [new; complete season 1] (3:01
am, Netflix)

Eerie encounters, bizarre disappearances, haunting events and more
perplexing phenomena are explored in this chilling investigative
docuseries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_HFE4-JISE

https://www.netflix.com/title/81593881

Zero to Hero (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

When a rock wannabe is forced to replace his famous sertanejo
look-alike, he faces a life-changing choice — lose his own identity or
follow his heart. Brazilian film; 1h 27m.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81427598

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27276658/ [as "Rodeio Rock"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIL4Mvi9mkk

Wish (movie; streaming premiere) (3:01 am, Disney+)

A young girl named Asha wishes on a star and gets a more direct answer
than she bargained for when a trouble-making star comes down from the
sky to join her.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11304740/ [rating 5.6]

Behind the Crime: Deadly Military Love Triangle (documentary)
(3:01 am, Tubi)

When a young Army sergeant is murdered without explanation, the police
are stumped … until they receive a tip about an enemy lurking in his own
backyard.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31922516/

Broadcast and cable:

Walker (season 4 premiere) (8 pm, CW)

13 episodes.

Sight Unseen [new to US] (9 pm, CW)

Clinically-blind Vancouver homicide detective Tess Avery (Dolly Lewis)
uses an app that connects her to her New York-based guide Sunny Patel
(Agam Darshi) to help the police solve cases in this Canadian
co-produced crime drama series. 10 episodes.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Selected programming for April 1-5, 2024

<uufp26$2unc3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220695&group=rec.arts.tv#220695

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for April 1-5, 2024
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 19:03:50 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 02:03 UTC

On 3/31/24 10:06 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>         Monday, April 1
>

>     Streaming:
>
> Talk To Me       (movie; streaming premiere)         (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> When a group of friends discover how to conjure spirits using an
> embalmed hand, they become hooked on the new thrill, until one of them
> goes too far and unleashes terrifying supernatural forces. 2022 film
> starring no one you've ever heard of; 1h 35m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10638522/   [rating 7.1]

Those are the worst kind!! ;)

But I'm interested in checking this one out, as it's "horror".

> Mute Witness       (movie; streaming premiere)         (3:01 am, Shudder)
>
> A mute make-up artist working on a slasher movie being shot in Moscow is
> locked in the studio after hours. While there, she witnesses a brutal
> murder and must escape capture. 1995 film; 1h 35m.
>
> https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3806538/mute-witness-coming-to-4k-from-arrow-video-and-streaming-courtesy-of-shudder/
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110604/      [rating 6.7]
>

> More to watch in April on Shudder and AMC+:
>
> https://www.cabletv.com/horror/shudder-halfway-to-halloween
>
> https://www.cabletv.com/shudder/what-to-watch

But nobody gets!!... [Say it!]

>     Broadcast and cable:
>

> All American        (season 6 premiere)        (8 pm, CW)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPoHMh7-ZH4

Zzzzzzzz

>         Tuesday, April 2
>

>     Broadcast and cable:
>

> Weakest Link      (season 3 spring premiere)        (9 pm, NBC)

Is Anne Robinson back?...

>         Wednesday, April 3
>

>     Streaming:
>

> Wish        (movie; streaming premiere)        (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> A young girl named Asha wishes on a star and gets a more direct answer
> than she bargained for when a trouble-making star comes down from the
> sky to join her.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11304740/     [rating 5.6]

I'll leave this kind of thing to others...

> Behind the Crime: Deadly Military Love Triangle     (documentary) (3:01
> am, Tubi)
>
> When a young Army sergeant is murdered without explanation, the police
> are stumped … until they receive a tip about an enemy lurking in his own
> backyard.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31922516/

Odd that Lifetime hasn't tackled this one...

>     Broadcast and cable:
>

> Walker        (season 4 premiere)           (8 pm, CW)
>
> 13 episodes.

Double Zzzzzzzz!!

> Sight Unseen          [new to US]         (9 pm, CW)
>
> Clinically-blind Vancouver homicide detective Tess Avery (Dolly Lewis)
> uses an app that connects her to her New York-based guide Sunny Patel
> (Agam Darshi) to help the police solve cases in this Canadian
> co-produced crime drama series. 10 episodes.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30487848/     [rating 5.6]
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sight_Unseen_(TV_series)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqsHRfQhH5s

I'd rather have "The Sullivan Sisters" back...

> Resident Alien        (season 3 finale)         (10 pm, Syfy)

Not renewed yet?... I wonder if Siffy is finally abandoning scripted
originals...

>         Thursday, April 4
>

>     Streaming:
>

> Música      (movie)     (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> A coming-of-age love story that follows an aspiring creator with
> synesthesia, who must come to terms with an uncertain future, while
> navigating the pressures of love, family, and his Brazilian culture in
> Newark, New Jersey. The directorial debut feature from actor/musician
> Rudy Mancuso also stars Mancuso alongside Camila Mendes, Francesca Reale
> and J.B. Smoove. 1h 31m.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VckVviJh8ho
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19853698/

Maybe, it isn't in the same stunning 4k that "Upgrade" was! ;)

> I Woke Up a Vampire     (complete season 2)          (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> On her 13th birthday, Carmie discovers that she's actually half human,
> half vampire--and that mythical powers make middle school way more
> complicated. Teen series.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUWwJjRv84w
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81589046
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27591984/    [rating 5.2]

Possibly the dumbest series to ever come out of Can-a-der!!

> Ripley       [new; complete limited series]         (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Andrew Scott (Fleabag) stars in an eight-episode adaptation of Patricia
> Highsmith's Tom Ripley novels (previously adapted into the 1999 feature
> film "The Talented Mr. Ripley"). Directed and written in its entirety by
> Steven Zaillian (The Night Of)—and filmed in black and white—the
> stylish, 1960s-set thriller follows the titular con man (Scott) as he is
> enlisted by a wealthy man to locate his son in Italy and return him to
> New York City. Dakota Fanning, John Malkovich, and Johnny Flynn also
> star in Ripley, which was originally ordered (and fully produced) by
> Showtime before that network offloaded the completed series to Netflix
> in a cost-cutting move.

Nobody gets The Netflix!! ;p

>     Broadcast and cable:
>

> Million Dollar Lethal Listing      (movie)        (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Becca and her husband Tom find the perfect suburban house that seems too
> good to be true. Shortly after moving in, the couple is woken up by a
> stranger who claims to be the real owner of the house. The couple’s
> dream home quickly turns into a nightmare as they are forced to unravel
> the truth of secrets and lies. Stars Morgan Bradley, Jon Briddell,
> Ciarra Carter and Jackée Harry.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/million-dollar-lethal-listing
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29380778/

Almost 100% chance it's a Hybrid Films special!!

I'll probably watch this, though I'm doubting it will be any good...

> Elsbeth       (special time)          (9 and 10 pm, two episodes, CBS)
>
> Episodes 2 and 3, shown out of order according to IMDb. After tonight,
> the show's regular time is Thursday at 10 pm. These are the first new
> episodes since the pilot was broadcast on Feb. 29 and March 14 and 30.
>
> https://www.cbs.com/shows/elsbeth/

More material for Adam!!

>         Friday, April 5
>

>     Streaming:
>

> How to Date Billy Walsh       (movie)        (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> Teenagers Amelia (Charithra Chandran) and Archie (Sebastian Croft) have
> been best friends since childhood. Archie has always been there to fight
> Amelia’s battles and laugh at her jokes all whilst keeping his lifelong
> love for her a secret. Just when he builds up the courage to declare his
> feelings, Amelia falls head over heels for Billy Walsh (Tanner
> Buchanan), the new American transfer student. Heartbroken Archie goes to
> great lengths to try and keep Amelia and Billy away from each other but
> ends up pushing them closer together and risks losing his best friend in
> the process. Rescheduled from September. 1h 38m.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQHx9ems_I4
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16156616/

Meh...

> Alex Rider         (complete final season 3)          (12:01 am, Amazon
> Freevee)
>
> 8 episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnAc-Yg2NVg
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Rider_(TV_series)
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6964748/     [rating 7.5]

Unpossible! Everywon knows that "Freevee" doesn't exist anymore!! ;p

> Girls State        (documentary)         (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> What would American democracy look like in the hands of teenage girls? A
> political coming-of-age story and a stirring reimagination of what it
> means to govern, “Girls State" follows young female leaders ­ from
> wildly different backgrounds across Missouri ­ as they navigate an
> immersive experiment to build a government from the ground up. 1h 35m.

I'd rather eat lead! :p

> Sugar          [new]         (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> Originally ordered by Apple in 2021 after a bidding war that also
> involved Netflix, this detective series from screenwriter Mark
> Protosevich (The Cell, I Am Legend) stars Colin Farrell as the titular
> private investigator John Sugar, who is hired to find the missing
> granddaughter of a legendary film producer. Amy Ryan, James Cromwell,
> Anna Gunn, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Nate Corddry, and Dennis Boutsikaris
> also star in the modern noir series, while Fernando Meirelles (City of
> God, The Constant Gardener) and Adam Arkin share directing duties. The
> first three (of eight) episodes stream today; the rest follow once
> weekly through May 17.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Selected programming for April 1-5, 2024

<uufp7q$2unc3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220696&group=rec.arts.tv#220696

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 19:06:49 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 02:06 UTC

On 4/1/24 7:03 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> On 3/31/24 10:06 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>>          Thursday, April 4
>>

>>      Streaming:
>>

>> Música      (movie)     (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>>
>> A coming-of-age love story that follows an aspiring creator with
>> synesthesia, who must come to terms with an uncertain future, while
>> navigating the pressures of love, family, and his Brazilian culture in
>> Newark, New Jersey. The directorial debut feature from actor/musician
>> Rudy Mancuso also stars Mancuso alongside Camila Mendes, Francesca
>> Reale and J.B. Smoove. 1h 31m.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VckVviJh8ho
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19853698/
>
> Maybe, it isn't in the same stunning 4k that "Upgrade" was!  ;)

Let's try this again:

Maybe, *if it's* in the same stunning 4k that "Upgrade" was! ;)

Re: Selected programming for April 1-5, 2024

<uqum0j1s1t707l6thln0nq9cuoosm4lphr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220699&group=rec.arts.tv#220699

From: feedb...@innermind_NOSPAM.com (Loren)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 20:33:17 -0700
 by: Loren - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 03:33 UTC

On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 19:03:50 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>> Resident Alien        (season 3 finale)         (10 pm, Syfy)
>
>Not renewed yet?... I wonder if Siffy is finally abandoning scripted
>originals...

I was hoping for an announcement in conjunction with the Resident
Alien panel at Wondercon on Saturday but there wasn't. However the
showrunner did talk about some of his plans for season 4.

Loren