A squeegee by any other name wouldn't sound as funny.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

SubjectAuthor
* Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LearniUbiquitous
+- Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeBTR1701
`* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeNoBody
 +- Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeYour Name
 `* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeUbiquitous
  `* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Leanim8rfsk
   `* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeUbiquitous
    `* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Leanim8rfsk
     `- Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeUbiquitous

1
Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<uvomhu$1lc8m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222494&group=rec.arts.tv#222494

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Subject: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:32:29 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:32 UTC

Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several
months after she was let go from the channel�s reality cooking competition
series, �Kids Baking Championship.�

�I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing
ITK [in the kitchen] shows,� the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media
app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray�s show �30-Minute Meals,� Ina Garten of
�Barefoot Contessa� fame, and �Giada at Home� star Giada De Laurentiis
specifically.

�I learned so much. It�s sad it�s not about cooking and learning any longer.
Oh well, that�s just business, folks.�

Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
Schotland. She wrote, �I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember
those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking
competition show.�

Bertinelli previously hosted a Food Network cooking show, �Valerie�s Home
Kitchen,� from 2015 until 2023. She also hosted �Kids Baking Championship�
for 12 seasons before unexpectedly not being invited back in January, which
at the time she said, �really hurt my feelings.�

�It really sucks,� she said in a lengthy video post at the time.

She went on to describe how she was on the show during her �apex year of
hell� as she was going through a divorce from Tom Vitale.

�Like I was going through it and pretending everything was just fine, because
that�s what you do,� she said of filming season 12.

�And, without sounding like a drama queen, the show saved my life. Working
with all those really wonderful people and feeling productive and knowing I
could spread some kindness and not just wallow in my hell and just try to
keep my head above water, it helped me, it was like a flotation device,�
Bertinelli continued. �So it really hurts that I won�t be able to go back and
see everybody and say �Hey, I made it through, hi!��

�And to all the bakers that are coming in for the new season, even though I
won�t be there, I�ll be there with you in spirit and I just want you to
remember this: You are there for a reason. You�re some of the best bakers in
America right now. And if you don�t make it to the next round, please always
remember this, it�s not because you�re not a good baker, you just had a bad
day,� she concluded.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<atropos-25F2F0.12172417042024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222533&group=rec.arts.tv#222533

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:17:24 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:17 UTC

In article <uvomhu$1lc8m$1@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several
> months after she was let go from the channel's reality cooking competition
> series, KIDS BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP.
>
> "I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing
> ITK [in the kitchen] shows," the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media
> app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray's show 30-MINUTE MEALS, Ina Garten of
> BAREFOOT CONTESSA fame, and GIADA AT HOME star Giada De Laurentiis
> specifically.
>
> "I learned so much. It's sad it's not about cooking and learning any longer.
> Oh well, that's just business, folks."
>
> Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
> Schotland. She wrote, "I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember
> those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking
> competition show."
>
> Bertinelli previously hosted a Food Network cooking show, VALERIE'S HOME
> KITCHEN, from 2015 until 2023. She also hosted KIDS BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP
> for 12 seasons before unexpectedly not being invited back in January, which
> at the time she said, "really hurt my feelings".
>
> "It really sucks," she said in a lengthy video post at the time.
>
> She went on to describe how she was on the show during her "apex year of
> hell" as she was going through a divorce from Tom Vitale.
>
> "Like I was going through it and pretending everything was just fine, because
> that's what you do," she said of filming season 12. "And, without sounding
> like a drama queen, the show saved my life. Working with all those really
> wonderful people and feeling productive and knowing I could spread some
> kindness and not just wallow in my hell and just try to keep my head above
> water, it helped me, it was like a flotation device. So it really hurts that
> I won't be able to go back and see everybody and say 'Hey, I made it through,
> hi!'"
>
> "And to all the bakers that are coming in for the new season, even though I
> won't be there, I'll be there with you in spirit and I just want you to
> remember this: You are there for a reason. You're some of the best bakers in
> America right now and if you don't make it to the next round, please always
> remember this, it's not because you're not a good baker, you just had a bad
> day," she concluded.

I said this over a year ago when Food Network canceled Bertinelli's
show. Looks like I was right.

> Valerie Bertinelli Says Food Network Canceled VALERIE'S HOME KITCHEN after 14
> Seasons: "I Have No Idea Why" (April 8)
>
> I do. It's because it's one of the few shows left on the Food Network that
> isn't a ridiculous competition.
>
> You used to be able to watch Food Network to watch people make interesting
> dishes and teach you how to cook them. Now every show is a half dozen chefs
> racing around like lunatics, hyperactively edited like a John Wick fight
> scene, trying to throw together something to beat a relentless clock counting
> down to zero, then a panel of the same judges from every other Food Network
> show decides which one wins.
>
> I liked Bertinelli's show because it was just her, in a kitchen, teaching you
> how to make good stuff. And that's why Food Network is dumping it.

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<uf122jdl38dh2ib2bu9l0pg5i81ftuvs4b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222606&group=rec.arts.tv#222606

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:37:54 -0400
 by: NoBody - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:37 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:32:29 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several
>months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking competition
>series, “Kids Baking Championship.”
>
>“I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing
>ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media
>app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,” Ina Garten of
>“Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada De Laurentiis
>specifically.
>
>“I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any longer.
>Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”
>
>Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
>Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember
>those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking
>competition show.”

It's the Food game show network now.

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<uvs846$2gqnl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222669&group=rec.arts.tv#222669

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:50:46 +1200
 by: Your Name - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:50 UTC

On 2024-04-18 11:37:54 +0000, NoBody said:
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:32:29 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several
>> months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking competition
>> series, “Kids Baking Championship.”
>>
>> “I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing
>> ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media
>> app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,” Ina Garten of
>> “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada De Laurentiis
>> specifically.
>>
>> “I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any longer.
>> Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”
>>
>> Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
>> Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember
>> those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking
>> competition show.”
>
> It's the Food game show network now.

Most TV networks have become the "reality TV' networks - it's far
easier and cheaper for them to put drivel on-screen than it is to make
proper shows. :-(

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<uvtk2s$2v5et$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222707&group=rec.arts.tv#222707

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network
>>several months after she was let go from the channel�s reality cooking
>>competition series, �Kids Baking Championship.�
>>
>>�I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the
>>amazing ITK [in the kitchen] shows,� the 63-year-old star wrote on the
>>social media app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray�s show �30-Minute Meals,�
>>Ina Garten of �Barefoot Contessa� fame, and �Giada at Home� star Giada
>>De Laurentiis specifically.
>>
>>�I learned so much. It�s sad it�s not about cooking and learning any
>>longer. Oh well, that�s just business, folks.�
>>
>>Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
>>Schotland. She wrote, �I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork.
>>Remember those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another
>>cooking competition show.�
>
>It's the Food game show network now.

I remember thinkning things were bad when SLoP showed up.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<1974758210.735219894.883535.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222715&group=rec.arts.tv#222715

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Subject: Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not
About Cooking And Learning" Anymore
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:49:12 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:49 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network
>>> several months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking
>>> competition series, “Kids Baking Championship.”
>>>
>>> “I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the
>>> amazing ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the
>>> social media app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,”
>>> Ina Garten of “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada
>>> De Laurentiis specifically.
>>>
>>> “I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any
>>> longer. Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”
>>>
>>> Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
>>> Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork.
>>> Remember those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another
>>> cooking competition show.”
>>
>> It's the Food game show network now.
>
> I remember thinkning things were bad when SLoP showed up.

It’s been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<Uvomhu$1lc8m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222814&group=rec.arts.tv#222814

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:

>>> It's the Food game show network now.
>>
>> I remember thinkning things were bad when SLoP showed up.
>
>It's been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE.

Wow, I had forgotten about that show!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<366621412.735322936.960641.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222839&group=rec.arts.tv#222839

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
About Cooking And Learning" Anymore
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 12:25:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 19:25 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> I remember thinkning things were bad when SLoP showed up.
>>
>> It's been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE.
>
> Wow, I had forgotten about that show!

I actually bought a VHS tape from them of his show on cooking prime rib.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<v05i1u$tsdp$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222920&group=rec.arts.tv#222920

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
About Cooking And Learning" Anymore
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 04:30:42 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> It's been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE.
>>
>> Wow, I had forgotten about that show!
>
>I actually bought a VHS tape from them of his show on cooking prime rib.

Oooh!

--
Let's go Brandon!